PDA

View Full Version : Suzy Branning

Bryan
23-04-2008, 11:39
Maggie O'Neill has joined the cast of EastEnders as another member of the ever-growing Branning clan.

O'Neill, known for her role as Sheila Jackson in Channel 4's Shameless, will play Suzy Branning, the fourth oldest of the six Branning children - Jack (Scott Maslen), Max (Jake Wood) Carol, Derek and April being her siblings.

No-nonsense Suzy will reportedly become Phil Mitchell's (Steve McFadden) new love interest when he helps her out of a tricky situation with an ex. Suzy is Phil's type but has no idea what to make of her, while Shirley immediately forms an impression.

Speaking of her new role, O'Neill said: "The Brannings are a great family and I am really excited to become one of them. Suzy is a woman to be reckoned with and I'm looking forward to playing her."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I've long-admired Maggie's work from her outstanding performance in Take Me Home to her hilarious and moving Sheila in Shameless. She's yet another top drawer addition to our wonderful cast."

O'Neill has also appeared in Midsomer Murders, Peak Practice, Mansfield Park and the Oscar-nominated film Gorillas in the Mist.

She will begin filming with the soap next month and first appear on screen in early to mid summer.

Lizzie Brookes
23-04-2008, 11:42
That will be interesting.

Bryan
23-04-2008, 11:43
so excited about this news! Maggie is an amazing actress and could really bring something to the show! Plus it means more storyline potential for the ever fabulous Mitchell + Branning families! :D

Katy
23-04-2008, 12:53
I am glad she is going to Eastenders i think she is great and will be a great addition to the Branning family. THere was rumour she was joining Corrie i am glad she hasnt gone there it would have been to obvious.

Abbie
23-04-2008, 13:26
Oooo great news and Im loving the Brannoing family. They are ever growing

Perdita
23-04-2008, 16:12
Where is she going to live? Albert Square must be running out of houses/flats with the ever increasing clan of Brannings. I hope that EE is not going on overload here and then get rid of them all again like they did with most of the Slaters.

Abbie
23-04-2008, 16:35
Thats a good point, where would she live?
I miss all the Slaters

Chloe O'brien
23-04-2008, 20:31
She'll live at Dot's there is plenty room there :D As for Maggie joining Eastenders will they be providing her with a white stick or guide dog as any woman would have to be blind to fancy Phil Beetroot Mitchell.

Abbie
23-04-2008, 21:42
Lol yeah probably with Dot, the thing is, isnt her house really small?

Timalay
23-04-2008, 21:49
What about Ian's old house, he's renting it.

Abbie
23-04-2008, 21:52

The one that christian is living in?

angelblue
23-04-2008, 22:09
Hey has Shameless finished now because i did not see last episode of the season and all the character going to other shows:lol:

sindydoll
23-04-2008, 22:31
could this be true love for phil :wub: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7362601.stm

Chris_2k11
23-04-2008, 22:46
Hey has Shameless finished now because i did not see last episode of the season and all the character going to other shows:lol:yeah it finished last week, i missed it too!

they've given her a really good part, the Brannings are going from strength to strength.

tammyy2j
24-04-2008, 10:42
She was also rumoured to be joining Corrie??????

She is a great actress but i'd prefer her back on Shameless i miss Shelia.

The Brannings will rule :thumbsup: :cheer:

Dutchgirl
27-04-2008, 20:22

No, the house where Mark Fowler lived in!

Timalay
29-04-2008, 12:52

No, the house where Mark Fowler lived in!

That's the one I mean, the one he lived in before he moved into the Fowler house.

lizann
29-04-2008, 16:46
She is a great actress and a great addition to the cast

I also would prefer her back as Shelia in Shameless, she is so missed.

Why didn't all these Brannings ever visit Carol and her family when she lived in the Square or visit Jim and Dot especially for their wedding?????????

tammyy2j
20-06-2008, 14:54
Why didn't all these Brannings ever visit Carol and her family when she lived in the Square or visit Jim and Dot especially for their wedding?????????

Good Question????????

How many kids has Jim got???

Abbie
20-06-2008, 16:02
She is a great actress and a great addition to the cast

I also would prefer her back as Shelia in Shameless, she is so missed.

Yeah lol :lol: But this always happens in soaps

di marco
20-06-2008, 23:46

Good Question????????

How many kids has Jim got???

according to the ee website he has 6 kids, 3 boys (jack, max and derek), and 3 girls (carol, suzy and april)

Chris_2k11
21-06-2008, 00:02
Why didn't all these Brannings ever visit Carol and her family when she lived in the Square or visit Jim and Dot especially for their wedding?????????Well most of their characters weren't even created back then.

Chloe O'brien
21-06-2008, 01:05
We have still to meet Derek then no doubt if EE are struggling for viewers they will bring in Derek to boost their ratings.

Bryan
04-08-2008, 11:03
What does everyone make of Suzy? I think she's an interesting character already, bold as brass and has Phil under the thumb within seconds of walking into the bar!

Can't wait to see her and Shirley go head to head for Phil's affections, will be Eastenders gold no doubt! I know she hasn't been on screen much yet but she's created a good first impression in my opinion!

Maggie O Niel is a brilliant actress, loved her as Sheila in Shameless! Just gutted about reading this:

EastEnders star Maggie O’Neill could be leaving the soap after just a few months.

The ex-Shameless star joined the cast in May as Jim Branning's daughter Suzy. But apparently she's not been popular with fellow cast members.

Maggie, 40, has allegedly had bust-ups with Samantha Janus (who plays Ronnie Mitchell) and Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater).

‘EastEnders is normally a quiet, calm set,’ a source tells the News Of The World. ‘But that has certainly changed recently and the finger has been pointed at Maggie.

‘An extension to her deal looks unlikely.’

Her 6-month contract runs until November.

Siobhan
04-08-2008, 11:06
I am looking forward to her and Shirley going head to head..looks like they are both after Phil and are a good match for each other

samantha nixon
04-08-2008, 14:33
Maggie O Niel is a brilliant actress, loved her as Sheila in Shameless! Just gutted about reading this:

EastEnders star Maggie O’Neill could be leaving the soap after just a few months.

The ex-Shameless star joined the cast in May as Jim Branning's daughter Suzy. But apparently she's not been popular with fellow cast members.

Maggie, 40, has allegedly had bust-ups with Samantha Janus (who plays Ronnie Mitchell) and Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater).

‘EastEnders is normally a quiet, calm set,’ a source tells the News Of The World. ‘But that has certainly changed recently and the finger has been pointed at Maggie.

The feud between them has been denied, and so has the fact that she may be leaving, a lot of supposedly feuds have happened between sam janus, and a few others on the show but they have all been denied

Bryan
04-08-2008, 14:49

The feud between them has been denied, and so has the fact that she may be leaving, a lot of supposedly feuds have happened between sam janus, and a few others on the show but they have all been denied

Well BBC aren't going to openly admit to any feuds going on. Just trying to smooth it over with a bit of good PR. I don't know the facts but I do know there's been a fair few rumours of feuds with Sam Janus, and there's no smoke without fire - must be a reason why they keep happening

samantha nixon
04-08-2008, 15:37

Well BBC aren't going to openly admit to any feuds going on. Just trying to smooth it over with a bit of good PR. I don't know the facts but I do know there's been a fair few rumours of feuds with Sam Janus, and there's no smoke without fire - must be a reason why they keep happening

yh there has been suposed feuds with gillian wright, and diane parish aswell, but they have all been denied

di marco
04-08-2008, 17:21

yh there has been suposed feuds with gillian wright, and diane parish aswell, but they have all been denied

ive heard about feuds between different cast members as well, which have been denied, and i know theyre not gonna admit it but they might have been over exaggerated as well. not everyone can get on with everyone else all of the time! im not sure if its true but i heard they were thinking of extending both maggies and larry lambs contracts from the original 6month ones, and i doubt they would be thinking about extending maggies contract if she was starting huge feuds with everyone when she hasnt even been there that long

Siobhan
04-08-2008, 17:31
sorry all the spoiler tags were annoying me so move to spoilers so we can all talk freely

samantha nixon
04-08-2008, 18:09
spoiler tags annoy me aswell lol

ive heard about feuds between different cast members as well, which have been denied, and i know theyre not gonna admit it but they might have been over exaggerated as well. not everyone can get on with everyone else all of the time! im not sure if its true but i heard they were thinking of extending both maggies and larry lambs contracts from the original 6month ones, and i doubt they would be thinking about extending maggies contract if she was starting huge feuds with everyone when she hasnt even been there that long

there hasnt been any mention of extending larry lambs contract yet according to barbara windsor, but they are all hoping that they do

di marco
04-08-2008, 18:52
spoiler tags annoy me aswell lol

there hasnt been any mention of extending larry lambs contract yet according to barbara windsor, but they are all hoping that they do

they annoy me as well! ill edit my post to get rid of them

well as i said i only heard the thing about larry lambs contract being extended, i dunno whether its true or not. i was really just trying to make the point that if it was true that they were thinking of extending maggies contract then she cant be causing that much tension on set

Chloe O'brien
04-08-2008, 21:31
If there is any truth in any bust ups at EE. Don't you think they should be having a word with Samantha Janus as she seems to be in the thick of things. There's bound to be some confrontation in any programme at some point as even in the real world there are times when you may not get on well with some people at work, but you can't blame Maggie she has only been in the place 5 minutes give her a chance. I think Ms Janus may have a bee in her bonnet about other actresses coming in and stealing her thunder.

Katy
05-08-2008, 07:59
thats what i was thinking if they stem at her you can't get rid of every actress or actor that have a barny with a nother actor. It wouldn't happen in an office or other work environment would it? What makes them so special.

lizann
05-08-2008, 16:31
I really hate the character of Suzy so i hope she leaves.

I think Maggie is a great actress i hope she returns to Shameless as Shelia :thumbsup:

Kim
05-08-2008, 18:25
I don't like her at all at the moment. I'm not liking her with Phil at all; I hope she gets some storylines with her brothers soon or the character will just have been completely wasted in my opinion.

sindydoll
05-08-2008, 21:41
i think its to early to judge her but she looks like she could be a tough cookie! and give shirley a run for her money!!

LostVoodoo
05-08-2008, 21:48
i think its to early to judge her but she looks like she could be a tough cookie! and give shirley a run for her money!!

i agree, althoughwe are all rooting for Shirley in this battle!

what do we think is in her handbag? my guess is either crack or cash :lol:

Bad Wolf
05-08-2008, 21:50
i thought it was cash??????

JustJodi
06-08-2008, 02:18
the cash she had was from Max,, remember she had the money delivered to her from Phil.. so she paid for dinner with Max's money LOL
I think it was crack.
Wonder what Jack will make of Suzy being on the square ????:searchme:
I just do not like her:p

di marco
06-08-2008, 09:11
im not sure if i like her yet, ill save my judgement til ive seen more of her. though i have a feeling shes gonna be one of those characters whos either really good or is really annoying!

Chris_2k11
09-08-2008, 20:51
I have to say I am not that keen on her!

Kim
09-08-2008, 22:29
the cash she had was from Max,, remember she had the money delivered to her from Phil.. so she paid for dinner with Max's money LOL
I think it was crack.

I thought Max refused to lend her any money, or has he changed his mind recently? I haven't been able to watch in a while.

di marco
10-08-2008, 07:45
I think it was crack.

I thought Max refused to lend her any money, or has he changed his mind recently? I haven't been able to watch in a while.

max gave suzy £1000 i think it was the first time we saw suzy when phil took the money to her in her salon. i dont think max has given her anymore money since though

sindydoll
01-10-2008, 13:20
saw the headline on front of inside soap please can someone explain what this headline means?

StarsOfCCTV
01-10-2008, 14:21
They fancy each other?

Siobhan
01-10-2008, 14:57
They fancy each other?

Didn't I read in spoilers he eyes her up and comes on to her

StarsOfCCTV
01-10-2008, 15:06
Everyone's coming onto everyone else these days in eastenders! :rolleyes: :lol:

tammyy2j
01-10-2008, 15:07
Archie tries to seduce Suzy :lol:

But find they have incredible chemistry and a spark :lol:

sindydoll
01-10-2008, 15:13
so do they actually get off with one another

Chris_2k11
01-10-2008, 18:01
Archie and Suzy wtf

JustJodi
02-10-2008, 10:19
Suzy and Archie ????? how come Archie never noticed her till now LOL :lol: Isn't she a bit too young for the old gasbag ??:rotfl:

sindydoll
02-10-2008, 14:01
Suzy and Archie ????? how come Archie never noticed her till now LOL :lol: Isn't she a bit too young for the old gasbag ??:rotfl:
your never too old when their is a big fat wallet involved

JustJodi
02-10-2008, 14:56
Sindy oh I agree with the money thing, but my question was,, how come they didn't ..NOTICE each other before hee hee.... Oh well should be interesting any ways to see how Peg handles it,,Seems to me he is manipulating the whole wedding thing ,,IF U DO NOT TRUST ME MAYBE WE SHOULD POSTPONE THE WEDDING TILL YOU DO???? thats manipulative behavior :hmm:

tammyy2j
02-10-2008, 15:35

Siobhan
02-10-2008, 15:36
best news I have heard today :cheer::cheer:

Perdita
02-10-2008, 17:06
I find her character rather irritating and am glad she is going.

Bad Wolf
02-10-2008, 17:57
sooooooo gutted!!!!!!! not:cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
02-10-2008, 17:57
Woop :D Never liked her character...

Abbie
02-10-2008, 18:17
I havent been watching EE regulary like i used to but the little bits I saw I didnt mind

Katy
02-10-2008, 18:46
funny how its conflicts with samantha janus yet again! but not sad shes going. She is highly irritating.

Bad Wolf
02-10-2008, 18:49
that suzy / archie plot is gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ewwwwww

Bryan
02-10-2008, 19:02
i like Maggie O Neil, and Suzy is an alright kind of character.

This rumour went around ages ago and it was all denied.

di marco
02-10-2008, 20:03
This rumour went around ages ago and it was all denied.

yeh i was about to say i thought i read something almost exactly like that a few months ago

sindydoll
03-10-2008, 12:04
taken from yahoo: This week Archie turns his attention to Suzy after the pair find themselves alone upstairs in the Queen Vic and there is an obvious spark between them.

Danielle overhears the pair of them flirting and tells Ronnie what is going on. However, when Ronnie confronts her father she realises that it will not be as easy to get rid of him as she thought. Will Ronnie tell Peggy what he is up to?

GwennieS
06-10-2008, 15:55
I hope it's true, can't stand the woman, and I only understand half of the words she mutters.

inkyskin
06-10-2008, 16:28
Oh thank god she's going..i totally hate her! :cheer: :cheer:

Chris_2k11
06-10-2008, 16:51
she will always be Sheila from shameless to me :heart:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6981/sheilaoa8.jpg

haha!

sindydoll
06-10-2008, 18:05

haha!
OH NO WHAT DOES SHE LOOK LIKE WITH THAT ON HER HEAD:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris_2k11
06-10-2008, 21:06

haha!
OH NO WHAT DOES SHE LOOK LIKE WITH THAT ON HER HEAD:lol: :lol: :lol:and thats without the goggles :D

matt1378
07-10-2008, 01:55
quite liked her at first but i'm not sure now, don't mind whether she stays or goes lol

Perdita
13-11-2008, 04:24
EASTENDERS hardman Phil Mitchell is in for a shock — when girlfriend Suzy Branning tells him she’s pregnant.
Phil (Steve McFadden) has moved in with the trouble-making blonde (Maggie O’Neill) but is starting to get cold feet.

Suzy drops the baby bombshell, but it’s not long until Phil gets suspicious. An insider said: “Suzy says she’s pregnant but knowing how manipulative she is, it could be a ploy to keep Phil.

“Suzy makes herself unpopular to the point where she’s not welcome in Albert Square.”

From The Sun

Bryan
13-11-2008, 09:37
I'm gutted that Suzy didn't gel with the public, as Maggie is an amazing actress, and I love seeing her on screen!

Problem with Suzy is, even though she'd a bad one, she doesn't have a redeeming side to her, which is the key to all good soap bad apples.

I just want Phil and Shirley to get it on now tbh.

inkyskin
13-11-2008, 14:06
The sooner suzy goes the better...she's just urgh :sick:

DaVeyWaVey
13-11-2008, 15:26
Is Suzy leaving?

What a shame :( I really liked her character!

Perdita
13-11-2008, 15:30
Is Suzy leaving?

What a shame :( I really liked her character!

Yes, she is. Her contract ends this November.

LostVoodoo
13-11-2008, 16:14
Problem with Suzy is, even though she'd a bad one, she doesn't have a redeeming side to her, which is the key to all good soap bad apples.

there were those rather good scenes she did at Jim's birthday, we got a bit more insight into her there. hopefully she'll get to do some more scenes with him at Christmas too- the Branning family dynamics are therapist's nightmare!

tammyy2j
14-11-2008, 14:28
Walford grease monkey Phil Mitchell will find himself in a sticky situation when Suzy Branning confesses she is pregnant with his child.

The couple moved in together this week. But when Suzy (Maggie O’Neill, 45) reveals she is expecting, suspicious Phil (Steve McFadden, 49) makes her prove it with a pregnancy test.

A spokeswoman said: “Suzy tells Phil she’s pregnant but knowing what a manipulative minx she is, it could just be a ploy to keep Phil.”

just what EE needs another mini Mitchell :rolleyes:

Abbie
15-11-2008, 21:56
Its gotta be fake right?

Kim
15-11-2008, 23:59
I bet she thinks she's got a good plan and then she turns out to be pregnant and it is Archie's... ploy to keep Phil; sounds too much like Zoe's plan to keep Dennis to me.

Abbie
16-11-2008, 15:26
Actually hasnt this been done before?

DaVeyWaVey
16-11-2008, 17:29
Actually hasnt this been done before?

Wasn't it done on Corrie when Tracy conned Roy and faked a pregnancy saying it was his child? .. or have I got that wrong..

Abbie
16-11-2008, 17:38
Yeah then, but I was thinking hasnt it been done with Zoe and Den but the child was dirty Dens

Kim
16-11-2008, 18:02
Yeah then, but I was thinking hasnt it been done with Zoe and Den but the child was dirty Dens

It's very close. Suzy wants to keep Phil, just as Zoe wanted to keep Dennis. Suzy and Zoe say they are pregnant, though Zoe obviously didn't come up with that idea by herself. There's another woman involved - Sharon and Shirley because Ben obviously wants Phil and Shirley to get together. I reckon instead of being desperate for more time like Zoe was when she was trying to get pregnant, Suzy will be thinking about going down the faking miscarriage route when she realises she actually is expecting. The whole thing was out of the bag with Zoe before she knew she was pregnant and then she found out later too when she lied to Little Mo saying that she didn't know if she'd miscarried or not.

Abbie
16-11-2008, 18:04
Yeah that was I was thinking
And im sure faking a miscarriage has been done before in EE just thought it sounded very simillar

Kim
16-11-2008, 18:08
Zoe did fake the misacarriage though, when she didn't want to tell her family that she'd had abortion since Little Mo didn't after she'd been raped. There is probably someone else; there's so much faking in EE. Angie and the six months to live thing comes to mind.

di marco
16-11-2008, 19:17
I bet she thinks she's got a good plan and then she turns out to be pregnant and it is Archie's... ploy to keep Phil; sounds too much like Zoe's plan to keep Dennis to me.

im confused, archie and suzy havent actually done anything though have they, or have i missed something?

Perdita
17-11-2008, 06:17
I don't believe she is pregnant, I think she just pretends to be to keep Phil.

JustJodi
17-11-2008, 10:48
:eek: Archie gets Suzy preggo omg :lol: :lol: ..this is hilarous :rotfl:
Why on earth does she want to hold on to Phil ??? :rolleyes: :hmm:

tammyy2j
17-11-2008, 16:00
Did Archie buy her the fur coat?

Siobhan
17-11-2008, 16:02
Did Archie buy her the fur coat?

yeah he did

lizann
25-11-2008, 22:33
Faking a pregnancy and bedding Archie Mitchell before she leaves

sindydoll
25-11-2008, 22:45
why does she wobble side to side when she's talking

tammyy2j
27-11-2008, 12:32
Suzy might not be pregnant by Phil but Shirley could be according to latest issue of All About Soap

Abigail
27-11-2008, 17:40
Isn't Shirley a bit old to get pregnant? She must be in her 50s

Perdita
27-11-2008, 17:41
She is 45, so still can be, but of course, it is a bit more risky at that age.

JustJodi
27-11-2008, 22:46
Suzy might not be pregnant by Phil but Shirley could be according to latest issue of All About Soap

Shirley pregnant,, :lol: :rotfl: ....no way :D

Perdita
08-12-2008, 06:10
Suzy Branning (Maggie O'Neill) finds herself in a compromising position in a couple of weeks when Archie (Larry Lamb) catches her raiding The Vic's safe.

Having watched Phil take a bag of cash from the Arches over to the pub, Suzy spots the ideal opportunity to raise the cash in order to pay off her ex, Ahmet - the one who she stole the gold bar off. However, Archie's in the right place at the right time (complete with giant kangaroo) and ultimately ends up with all the leverage he needs to ruin Sean Slater's (Rob Kazinsky) life.

So what does he find to ruin Sean's Life?

sindydoll
08-12-2008, 08:07
Suzy Branning (Maggie O'Neill) finds herself in a compromising position in a couple of weeks when Archie (Larry Lamb) catches her raiding The Vic's safe.

Having watched Phil take a bag of cash from the Arches over to the pub, Suzy spots the ideal opportunity to raise the cash in order to pay off her ex, Ahmet - the one who she stole the gold bar off. However, Archie's in the right place at the right time (complete with giant kangaroo) and ultimately ends up with all the leverage he needs to ruin Sean Slater's (Rob Kazinsky) life.

So what does he find to ruin Sean's Life?it has to be the test results

Perdita
08-12-2008, 08:16
I guess it has to be. Just wonder how they end up in the Vic's safe :searchme:

JustJodi
08-12-2008, 09:10
How on earth does Archie get his hands on the test results ?? ( if that is the leverage ) that kind of stuff is not what U would leave laying around for any one to pick up.......:rolleyes: Suzy really is grating on my nerves more an more,, actually i find her as equally annoying as I find Max

Siobhan
08-12-2008, 09:54
Roxy left the results in a box of Crisps so I assume when she gets caught by Archie, she shows him the result OR.... they conspire to blame the robbery of the Safe on Sean

Abigail
08-12-2008, 10:57

:confused: :confused:

miccisy
08-12-2008, 13:26
Well i read in a paper this morning that Archie finds the test results and puts them in Seans christmas cracker.

Really that should spark the end of Archies relationship with Roxy. How could she ever trust her dad again after he does that.

Totally cruel

Perdita
08-12-2008, 17:52

The kangaroo might be a Christmas present for Ben or little Amy :lol:

Abbie
08-12-2008, 17:54

The kangaroo might be a Christmas present for Ben or little Amy :lol:

:rotfl: how random!!

lizann
08-02-2022, 23:54
some talk on line of branning returns with max carol and suzy rumoured