PDA

View Full Version : Will EastEnders Lose Viewers When Alfie Leaves Later This Year?????

melanielovesdennisrickman
23-05-2005, 07:26
Hiya!!!!!
Do you guys think that EastEnders will lose a lot of their viewers when Alfie leaves?????
Last year EastEnders bosses did everything to keep him,because they were scared of losing a lot of viewers,when the soap was already going down hill,but now he's leaving will they really lose that much viewers?????
I will always watch EastEnders no matter what,and i don't like Alfie like i used to anyway,especially with the whole Molfie thing,wich makes me wanna puke :sick:
Are you guys gonna miss Alfie when he leaves?????

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

chance
23-05-2005, 08:21
no way! i reckon ratings will shoot up once he's gone.

Sherbs
23-05-2005, 08:31
I agree chance, him and kat have the run the show into the ground, the sooner he leaves, and grant arrives the better.

soapaddict
23-05-2005, 09:13
with grant and phil returning it wont really matter but he will be missed as he is a great character

Babe14
23-05-2005, 10:07
There are plenty of other good characters left, old and new, they just need to create some great storylines. At the end of the day it's the writing/storylines which make a show not any one person.

Behemoth
23-05-2005, 10:10
Alfie has become such a miserable character now that ratings will probably double when he leaves.

phils little sister
23-05-2005, 10:11
Alfie has become such a miserable character now that ratings will probably double when he leaves.
lol

chance
23-05-2005, 10:13
with grant and phil returning it wont really matter but he will be missed as he is a great character
course it will matter,ratings will boom and mr ritchie wont be able to say 'it was because of me '

alan45
23-05-2005, 10:26
Its a shame the way they completely changed Alfie's character from Cockney Wide Boy to complete Pauline Fowler lookalike. When he breezed into the square at the start I really thought that EE was on the up again. They have completely ruined his character and in doing so caused the ratings to slump. Yes I will be glad to see the back of him.

phils little sister
23-05-2005, 10:43
i think alfie works better with kat and not on his own

Debs
23-05-2005, 10:44
Hiya!!!!!
Do you guys think that EastEnders will lose a lot of their viewers when Alfie leaves?????
Last year EastEnders bosses did everything to keep him,because they were scared of losing a lot of viewers,when the soap was already going down hill,but now he's leaving will they really lose that much viewers?????
I will always watch EastEnders no matter what,and i don't like Alfie like i used to anyway,especially with the whole Molfie thing,wich makes me wanna puke :sick:
Are you guys gonna miss Alfie when he leaves?????

Love

no they wont lose a lot of viewwers!! i dont think he is that poular now anyway!
he has become such a boring character

Carrie Bradshaw
23-05-2005, 10:48
I think if he had left when he was still behind the bar at the Vic, he would have been missed because he was a central character and brought everyone together. By taking him out of the Vic, they began fading him out and now the only people he really speaks to are his family, Mo and Gary and Minty. So, I don't think he will be missed much now, though he may become more of a major character with Kat's return. Who knows?

Behemoth
23-05-2005, 14:04
Eastenders had a golden opportunity with Alfie. A character who could make people laugh and be a continuous source of humour even in sad times but they took a gamble when they decided to give him sad storylines (Alfie/Kat/Andy) and it didn't pay off.

callummc
23-05-2005, 14:14
I don't see why they should,in fact they might gain a few,if they kill him off they may even gain a few more

alan45
23-05-2005, 15:10
Eastenders had a golden opportunity with Alfie. A character who could make people laugh and be a continuous source of humour even in sad times but they took a gamble when they decided to give him sad storylines (Alfie/Kat/Andy) and it didn't pay off.

Very well said. :clap:

dddMac1
23-05-2005, 15:15
no i don't Eastenders will loose Viewers i think the ratings might pick up without him

Ella.
23-05-2005, 15:21
I will be watching Eastenders more when Shane Ritchie leaves. I have personally never been a fan of his and think he is overrated.

Layne
23-05-2005, 16:52
They won't no way!
A few possibly but not alot!

Princess
23-05-2005, 17:12
No as long as Sharon, Dennis and Kat are still there!

melanielovesdennisrickman
23-05-2005, 17:34
Hiya!!!!!
I agree that Alfie needs Kat,and they should have never taken him out of that pub,because i used to love his jokes behind the Bar,and his Conversations with the Punters,and all that!!!!!

Love

JessieRocks
23-05-2005, 17:59
I think the ratings will drop nxt year ne way because as well as alfie leaving at christmas Sam and Zoe are leaving as well. And thenm there was rumors that kat was leaving so there will probably be old farts left like pauline. I also think that Kat and Alfie belong together because Alfie is more happy and cheerfly when he is with Kat.

i_love_matt!
23-05-2005, 18:57
alfie is one of the best things that ever happened to ee i dont know why everyone is so against him

Angeldelight
23-05-2005, 19:07
They will ONLY lose viewers if they get Kat and Alfie back together only to split them up... AGAIN

Kalfie together FOREVER n EVER n EVER

kelly05
23-05-2005, 19:32

Totally agree with this! Alfie was fantastic at the start....... don't know how anyone could not have liked him! The will they won't they storyline with Kat made fantastic viewing! It was Eastenders at it's best. Alfie used to be funny, loud and basicially a fantastic asset to the show. I loved the relationship he shared with his bro Spencer, his Nana and of course Kat. The show no longer potrays Alfie as the Cheeky Chappy he was brought in as. I really think that the departure of both Spencer and Kat have affected the character. He's just not the same any more! Imagine it was this time last year his departure was announced... I think we allwould have been totally gutted! I understand why some people are finding it hard to care at this stage. Who knows what will happen with Kat' s return. Hopefully the fiasco that is him and Little Mo will soon come to an end, and Alfie will be back to his best again!!! :cheer:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
23-05-2005, 21:40
Doubt it.. people are getting a bit bored of him. SOME people are..

Rach33
25-05-2005, 15:23
Why should the viewers go down he aint nothing special anymore and there are plenty of others to keep us entertained

dddMac1
25-05-2005, 15:28
thats true

Huch'net
25-05-2005, 15:31
no way! i reckon ratings will shoot up once he's gone.

LOL!!!! :cheer: That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. I can't wait till the annoying idiot has gone, hopefully in a wooden box.

Angeldelight
25-05-2005, 16:27
Alfie now is not the same person he was when he entered the soap... make him interesting or get rid of him... us viewers don't mind either way....

i_luv_dennis
25-05-2005, 16:45
no cause their is always dennis

.:SpIcYsPy:.
25-05-2005, 16:49
He's too boring...

Angeldelight
25-05-2005, 17:10
exactly... why would you want Alfie... when you have hot totty like Dennis and Jake... Bring back Dennis... it's all was need