PDA

View Full Version : Where to go

no1abbafan
15-04-2008, 12:03
I have just gone back to work now my youngest is a little older, so this year for the first time in years, we can afford a family holiday - nothing flash just a week away with kids. We have 2, a 10 year old and 7 year old. But the problem is a beach holiday is my hubbys idea of hell, he burns too easily. So I am looking for ideas for a hol we will all enjoy, either in the UK or Europe, We are saving to go to Disney in USA in 2009. Looked at CentreParc but it is so expensive - any ideas?

Siobhan
15-04-2008, 12:05
you could try Alton towers in UK, or butlin (if that is still going). I would suggest to spend a week in Ireland but it is fierce expensive

no1abbafan
15-04-2008, 14:12
Thanks Siobhan, Coming from Ireland originally I go back every summer for a couple of weeks to see relatives, so I know how expensive it is. Will check out Alton Towers cos I know they have hotels there now.

Siobhan
15-04-2008, 14:24
Thanks Siobhan, Coming from Ireland originally I go back every summer for a couple of weeks to see relatives, so I know how expensive it is. Will check out Alton Towers cos I know they have hotels there now.

hehe.. living here, i know how expensive it is.. that is why I love going on holidays cause everything is much cheaper :cheer::cheer:

JustJodi
15-04-2008, 16:51
I have just gone back to work now my youngest is a little older, so this year for the first time in years, we can afford a family holiday - nothing flash just a week away with kids. We have 2, a 10 year old and 7 year old. But the problem is a beach holiday is my hubbys idea of hell, he burns too easily. So I am looking for ideas for a hol we will all enjoy, either in the UK or Europe, We are saving to go to Disney in USA in 2009. Looked at CentreParc but it is so expensive - any ideas?

Come to Holland, there are things to see and do ( not every thing is the REDLIGHT DISTRICT and smokin dope) and besides u can take ryan air cheap..and your hubby won't get burnt either :-D
Going to the USA next year,,, go you !!!!!!!! we will be there in Sept for 35 days.... can not wait,,

CrazyLea
15-04-2008, 17:33
Butlins I believe is just as expensive as CentreParcs?

How about Pontins or Haven? They're like Butlins but cheaper.

StarsOfCCTV
15-04-2008, 17:46
Poland is quite cheap, 5 zloty's to a pound. Fab if you don't want a beach holiday :D It is cheaper to stay in a holiday flat rather than a hotel for a week though.

Abigail
15-04-2008, 18:18
You could also look at getting a last minute deal, either through the travel agents or lastminute.com

If you want to save money it could be cheaper to buy everything seperately. There are lots of low budget airlines that go to Europe and you can book your accomodation online.

moonstorm
16-04-2008, 10:46
What about coming to Gibraltar. You could get an apartment, which is not too expensive and the fags and booze are very cheap. There is also Spain just across the boarder when you have explored Gibraltar. And we are very child friendly over here.

Chloe O'brien
18-04-2008, 11:16
come to Bonnie Scotland. There are some lovely places to visit such as Loch Lomand, Skye and loads of caravan parks.

Hollie-x
18-04-2008, 13:23
I love Scotland. My Grandparents moved to Portmahomak a couple of years ago which is about an hour from Inverness. They recelty have moved into a house in the grounds of Dunrobin Castle - which I would reccommend visiting if you go anywhere near Golspie ;]

Katy
18-04-2008, 21:32
I love Scotland theres loads to do with the lakes and stuff.