PDA

View Full Version : 'Jake Dean' quits 'Hollyoaks'

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2008, 01:32
Hollyoaks actor Kavin Sacre has quit the Channel 4 soap after almost six years.

Sacre, who is the oldest member of Hollyoaks' young cast, promised himself he'd leave the show when he hit the age of 30.

Now he plans to pursue other projects and interests which he enjoyed prior to his stint in the Chester-based soap.

Speaking of his decision to quit, the actor said: "I have been here since I was 24 and I turned 30 in March. I decided that once I turned 30 I'd go and explore other avenues. We have a lot of good actors on the show and it's good to see them go on to do great things because people are always saying that Hollyoaks actors are rubbish, which is so unfair and untrue.

"I'd love to go and do something and people say 'oh look there's Kev, he's doing well and he's one of our lot."

A Hollyoaks source told DS: "Jake's mental health issues will play a big part in his downfall, which ties in with one of the soap's big ongoing storylines involving Warren and Louise.

"It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to realise who he's accused of killing, but there are twists along the way culminate in Jake's exit from the soap - and one of them includes a wallet which is found in his belongings..."

Sacre filmed his final scenes at Lime Pictures, home of Hollyoaks, last week and will remain on screen until May.

Since joining the soap in 2002, his character has featured prominently in iconic storylines including his ill-fated relationship with Becca Dean (Ali Bastian), baby Charlie's leukemia and Jake's marriage and domestic abuse towards Nancy Hayton (Jessica Fox).

Dr. Tangliss
12-04-2008, 09:03
Good!:cheer: To be honest his character was pushed to the limit and there's nothing really left for Jake anymore.

LostVoodoo
12-04-2008, 10:20
yeah, there isn't really anywhere else you can take a character after all they've put him through

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2008, 22:57
I liked Jake when he was the happy go lucky guy when he hanged around Ben and Dan, but his character was ruined when he married Becca and she had the affair with Justin.

babs_ess
12-04-2008, 23:44
I too liked his character more years ago but I have to say he has been very convincing being evil. He actually gave me goosebumps. I can't believe he is leaving so soon. Ah well.

Abbie
13-04-2008, 11:37
I did like him , but now they have just ruined his character

DaVeyWaVey
13-04-2008, 12:49
I think it's about time that he left. I don't think there is anywhere else for his character to go.

Chris_2k11
13-04-2008, 13:40
I preferred him years ago like when he went out with Jodie, he turned boring when he got with Becca, and i dont believe he's quit at all, theyll have told him they want him gone.

StarsOfCCTV
13-04-2008, 14:04
I'd much prefer Chris Fountain/Justin to go!

tammyy2j
13-04-2008, 16:43
Its time Jake went there is nothing else for him.

I can't see how he would be involved with Warren and Louise and Sean's murder :searchme:

Katy
13-04-2008, 17:27
I liked Jake, but i much preferred him in the older days. With Ben and Dan like someone said. I think they have done all that can be done with his character.

StarsOfCCTV
13-04-2008, 18:20
Jake can't really redeem himself now because of all he's done. In a way it's good he's leaving because otherwise he'd just hang around not doing much!

Pinkbanana
13-04-2008, 18:32
I'm pleased he is going....he's character was running out of steam, and becoming very unlikeable...so think this is for the best.

Abbie
13-04-2008, 19:18
Jake can't really redeem himself now because of all he's done. In a way it's good he's leaving because otherwise he'd just hang around not doing much!

Exactly, I think its been coming for a while

Bad Wolf
14-04-2008, 13:39
great news - a totally wooden actor

Chris_2k11
14-04-2008, 14:07
great news - a totally wooden actorIve always thought he was rather wooden, a lot of people seem to think he's great but i totally disagree.

tammyy2j
30-04-2008, 11:33
Darren asks him to take the rap for Sean's murder (Warren pays Darren who wants the money for Jack and the pub). Justin also asks Jake to take the rap and he helps Frankie get full custody for Charlie.

Chris_2k11
30-04-2008, 18:44
Pathetic, what realistic reason could Jake possibly give to the police for killing him? did he actually even know Sean :confused: totally far fetched, dont buy any of it. And anyway if Warren 'loves' Louise so much then why doesnt he just confess?? this whole storyline has been so badly written imo.

btw tammy i do believe you, i just cant get over how stupid it sounds.

Dr. Tangliss
01-05-2008, 11:25
Darren asks him to take the rap for Sean's murder (Warren pays Darren who wants the money for Jack and the pub). Justin also asks Jake to take the rap and he helps Frankie get full custody for Charlie.

WOW what a totally believable story line!:rotfl: :rolleyes: