PDA

View Full Version : C4 launches 'Hollyoaks' writing competition

moonstorm
09-04-2008, 13:19
Channel 4 has launched a competition to give an up-and-coming writer the chance to pen an episode of Hollyoaks.

The scheme is part of the channel's New Talent Month, which aims to give newcomers a chance to make their TV debut, either behind or in front of the camera, in August this year.

"Hollyoaks is a vibrant and innovative soap that appeals to its young audience," said Channel 4 commissioning editor for drama Camilla Campbell.

"This competition gives one of those viewers a chance to write for the show that they know and love so well and in so doing continues Channel 4’s commitment to finding and nurturing new talent wherever possible."

Writers are required to submit four scenes based on old storylines from the show, with the winner being commissioned to write their own script alongside the Hollyoaks production team.

CrazyLea
09-04-2008, 17:19
Woo Bryan you should enter the competition!!! :D You'd win for sure!

DaVeyWaVey
09-04-2008, 17:26
I am going to enter, just finishing off some finishing touches now.. doubt I will get anywhere with it, but it's worth a try.

StarsOfCCTV
09-04-2008, 17:47
Good luck :D You never know :D

Abbie
09-04-2008, 21:01
oOoo Good luck everyone :D I reckon all the writers on here should give it ago

moonstorm
10-04-2008, 08:23
I agree, we are some terric writers here. Good luck DaveyWavey an let us know how you get on??

Perdita
10-04-2008, 10:19
I am going to enter, just finishing off some finishing touches now.. doubt I will get anywhere with it, but it's worth a try.

:cheer: Good on you, good luck, shall keep fingers crossed for you. :clap:

DaVeyWaVey
11-04-2008, 20:54
Thanks guys. I will let you know if I get anywhere with it. :)

Abbie
11-04-2008, 20:57
Thanks guys. I will let you know if I get anywhere with it. :)

:cheer: Yay, good luck then :thumbsup:
Just think if you get quite far and stuff would good luck on CV and UCAS thing, or even in an interview that you tried cos you willing and stuff