PDA

View Full Version : Claire Goose joins cast of 'The Bill'

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2008, 15:06
Former Casualty star Claire Goose has landed a role in ITV police drama The Bill.

The 33-year-old actress will play Sergeant Rachel Watson, one of four new recruits at Sun Hill.

Rachel is described as a born leader who is respected by her colleagues and bosses at the station.

She will be joined by new PCs Leon Taylor (Dominic Power) Millie Brown (Clare Foster) and Arun Ghir (Abhin Galeya).

Producer Tim Key said: "These are exciting times for The Bill and our new arrivals will add a dynamic and intriguing energy to our already fantastic cast.

"Our new characters are united in their desire for justice and results - but their personalities couldn't be more different."

He added: "Tensions will flare, sparks will fly, doors will be kicked in and the streets of Sun Hill won't know what's hit them!"

Goose is best known for playing Tina Seabrook in long-running medical drama Casualty and Detective Sergeant Amelia 'Mel' Silver in Waking The Dead.

She will first appear on-screen in her new role from July.

Jessie Wallace
03-04-2008, 18:38
guess who's gonna start watching the bill properly from July! lol

Jojo
03-04-2008, 22:19
So are they making way of a few to make room for these new ones??

Abigail
03-04-2008, 22:25
Four new characters? Some of the current cast must be going to make way for them.

Jojo
03-04-2008, 22:25
Thats what I was thinking too - just wondering who though, don't think I've heard of anyone leaving :hmm:

Abigail
03-04-2008, 22:38
Reg is definately leaving, that was announced in January. Rumour is that Gina is leaving too although that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I can't see Max, Stevie, Ben, Callum or Sally going. They've not been around long.

Jojo
03-04-2008, 22:40
I hope Gina doesn't go - trying to think of the Sgt's there are already - would they need an extra one, or could one of them be going...:hmm:

Abigail
03-04-2008, 22:42
If Gina goes then Smithy or Callum could be promoted to Inspector, leaving an opening for Sergent. Or a new character could come in as Inspector. Either way, they would need a new character in uniform.