PDA

View Full Version : Coronation Street Role For Dean Gaffney

moonstorm
01-04-2008, 08:29
He was a street cleaner and now he is to be a cleaner in The Street - it is announced today that former EastEnders actor Dean Gaffney is joining the cast of the Lancashire-based soap.

Gaffney, who played Robbie Jackson in EastEnders from 1993 until 2004, is to appear in Coronation Street as Malcolm, son of Ken Barlow.

Ken is unaware that he has another son and Malcolm gets himself a job as a cleaner in the Rover's Return so he can take revenge on his father for dumping his mother, Janet Reid, who Ken divorced in 1974 before his relationship with Deidre.

Gaffney, who is originally from Hammersmith, London, said: "I am so excited about my role in Coronation Street - it's a dream come true.

"I won't have any problems with the accent, I have an aunt who lives in Salford so I shall be able to get it just right."

LostVoodoo
01-04-2008, 18:55
April fool?

Chloe O'brien
01-04-2008, 19:17
I was almost fooled there until I read that he would be playing a Son of Ken Barlow.

Perdita
02-04-2008, 06:08
It said in one of the papers a few days ago that Ken would be surprised by another son he did not know he had, so should not be an April fool. Can't wait to see him make his entrance, Dean Gaffney as hard man taking revenge on Ken is somehow hard to believe. :eek:

Siobhan
02-04-2008, 10:31
"I won't have any problems with the accent, I have an aunt who lives in Salford so I shall be able to get it just right."

it might be a joke cause it sounds similar to what Paris hilton to appear in EE said. she said she learnt cockney from dick van dike!!