PDA

View Full Version : Duffy v Adele

Chris_2k11
19-03-2008, 22:32
Two brand new female artists on the music scene, but which recent hit do you prefer? Quite interested to see the results on this as Adele was the one who just missed out on no.1.

anyway, Chasing Pavements for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2orthS3TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7vGW2_5c0

Jessie Wallace
19-03-2008, 23:26
It's gotta be Duffy for me, like to tune's to both songs, but prefer Duffy's voice, andd Adele also losing with the line "Should i give up of should i just keep Chasing Pavements" It's one of the most annoying line's ever, how the heck do you chase a pavement! :nono:

Perdita
20-03-2008, 07:47
It's gotta be Duffy for me, like to tune's to both songs, but prefer Duffy's voice, andd Adele also losing with the line "Should i give up of should i just keep Chasing Pavements" It's one of the most annoying line's ever, how the heck do you chase a pavement! :nono:

I agree with the lyrics being daft, don't like Adele's song much at all, tbh. Duffy's Mercy is just brilliant, can't get enough of it (just yet anyway :) )

lizann
20-03-2008, 13:53
Adele - Chasing Pavements :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Abigail
20-03-2008, 16:06
Definately don't like Adele. I don't understand why she won the Brit award for whatever it was when she's only released one single.

I like Duffy's song but its gets annoying after a while.

I'm going to say neither :thumbsdow

Chris_2k11
20-03-2008, 22:04
Duffy winning so far

DaVeyWaVey
21-03-2008, 13:06

I agree and I asked myself the same question "how can you chase a pavement?" :confused:

Anyway, I'm not too keen on Adele and I love the song Mercy by Duffy, so it's Duffy for me. :thumbsup:

Bryan
21-03-2008, 19:17

I agree and I asked myself the same question "how can you chase a pavement?" :confused:

i think it means she's clinging onto certains paths in life that are getting her nowhere - "chasing pavements, even if they lead nowhere"

pookie1968uk
21-03-2008, 22:49
duffy has got the edge for me.

Chris_2k11
22-03-2008, 00:06

i think it means she's clinging onto certains paths in life that are getting her nowhere - "chasing pavements, even if they lead nowhere"spot on bry.

Jessie Wallace
22-03-2008, 00:39
That maybe so, but it's still a stupid and slightly annoying line lol

*funky*monkey*
28-03-2008, 19:48
That maybe so, but it's still a stupid and slightly annoying line lol

Yeah I agree! Was so catchy at first... Now I just groan when it comes on the radio :thumbsdow Loving Duffy :D

Ruffed_lemur
03-04-2008, 16:29

i think it means she's clinging onto certains paths in life that are getting her nowhere - "chasing pavements, even if they lead nowhere"

Sounds right to me. More of a deep and meaningful to these lyrics. Makes you think, and I like that. :)

x Amby x
09-04-2008, 20:12
its Adele for me! i actually cannot stand Duffy's voice! does my head in! Adele has a great album too!