PDA

View Full Version : Animal Conservation Projects

Abbie
19-03-2008, 21:22
Heya, well I have been trying to search for animal conservation/ voluntary work I can do abroad over a summer, not this summer but the next. It would have to start in July and maybe last a month or more. I have been searching for ages and find it hard to find anything or good websites that show organisations I can trust. I would also like to find a one that include flights as it would make it easier. I did find a few but were very expensive, I know its going to be, but I want some kind of budget package.
Anyhooo.......I posted this cos I need help, if any of you wonderful SB members know any good websites, organisations for this kind of thing, or even done something like this before and can give advise and stuff.
I really want to do this as Im considering doing a Zoology degree at Uni or something to do with animal welfare and conservatio

CrazyLea
19-03-2008, 22:13
This looks like a really good website and to me looks like one you could trust.

http://www.gvi.co.uk/index.asp

It's quite pricy for some of the trips - couldn't find prices for everything.

But they offer loads, and some look like really good deal.

Perhaps if you email them, tell them what you're looking for, then they can help you pick something that would be suitable for you. You could even tell them that you're a student wanting to study zoology in the future, this would be good as it shows you're really interested.

Can't go wrong with contacting people. It's the best way.

Also, try going to see the career advisor? She/he could help you find safe organisations to go with, at the right price for you etc..

Abigail
20-03-2008, 16:17
A guy came into school last year to give us a talk on volunteering. He works for WorldWide Volunteering and basically you choose what area you want to volunteer in such as conservation, teaching etc, here or abroad and they find you a suitable placement.

He mentioned something about a £300 bursary towards the cost of the trip as long as you can prove that it does pay for the trip and not something else like shopping.

He was invited into our school by the head of 6th so he is legit.

http://www.wwv.org.uk/Volunteer.asp