PDA

View Full Version : patrick swayze has pancreatic cancer

sindydoll
05-03-2008, 21:58
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article879671.ece thats very sad isnt it :(

Abigail
05-03-2008, 22:18
Gosh, thats sad. Five weeks is a very short time, it must be hard to comprehend it all.

CrazyLea
05-03-2008, 22:19
Oh my god! Can't believe this! That's so sad! :(

StarsOfCCTV
05-03-2008, 22:41
It must be horiffic being told that :( Poor guy

Abbie
05-03-2008, 23:08
Thats so sad :( And only 5 weeks which is really is hardly anything

alan45
05-03-2008, 23:13
Well the source for this info was National Enquirer so lets hope they are wrong as per usual

JustJodi
05-03-2008, 23:38
I agree with you Alan the Enquier is not exactly the most credible source...:searchme:

thestud2k7
06-03-2008, 00:04
god poor guy

Jojo
06-03-2008, 00:21
Amended the title of this thread.

Its been confirmed by Patrick Swayze's manager that he has got pancreatic cancer, but that rumours that he has only 5 weeks to live are complete tosh and untrue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7280533.stm

He's undergoing treatment and I hope he makes a full recovery.

thestud2k7
06-03-2008, 00:23
i am glad to ear that

i hope he makes full recovery

StarsOfCCTV
06-03-2008, 00:32
I hope he makes a full recovery too :)

Perdita
06-03-2008, 06:12
Dreadful news, hope they can do something for him though. :(

Siobhan
06-03-2008, 09:34
Hope all goes well. I had a major major crush on Patrick in my teens..

tammyy2j
06-03-2008, 11:07
Swayze's Doctor Disputes Near-Death Reports

Patrick Swayze's doctor has confirmed the actor has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - but insists he's not as close to death as reports suggest. Tabloid and internet reports suggested the Ghost star was fighting for his life and had been given just five weeks to live, but his physician Dr. George Fisher suggests he's a lot more optimistic about the actor's recovery. In a statement issued to Wenn on Wednesday, Dr. Fisher says, "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic." The Dirty Dancing hunk's publicist Annett Wolf adds, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

Sad news i hope he makes a full recovery

Dirty Dancing is one of my favourite movies ever

JustJodi
06-03-2008, 12:56
I always liked him ,I do hope he makes a speedy recovery:)

lizann
06-03-2008, 14:43
I wish him a speedy recovery

Chloe O'brien
06-03-2008, 15:22
Hopefully Patrick will make a quick and speedy recovery.

Kim
06-03-2008, 16:40
I was thinking the first report might not be entirely true because of the way they put 'has cancer' in the title. My thoughts are with him and his family as he undergoes treatment. I hope he makes a full recovery soon.

Jojo
06-03-2008, 23:13
I was thinking the first report might not be entirely true because of the way they put 'has cancer' in the title. My thoughts are with him and his family as he undergoes treatment. I hope he makes a full recovery soon.

I amended the title to say that Kim as it originally said "has 5 weeks to live" and as I'd found that that wasn't the case, felt the title shouldn't remain as such.

:)

Mr Maestro
07-03-2008, 00:44
I wish him well but sadly he is in for a tough old fight

lizann
01-12-2008, 10:44
There are fresh fears for the health of Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze after US reports claim the actor's cancer has spread to his liver.
A source close to the actor reportedly made the claims to America's National Enquirer magazine, telling: 'Patrick recently got word that the cancer had spread to his liver and that is what his doctors said would begin the countdown to the end. Patrick knew it was coming because he was suffering increased weakness.'

'At times, he was so weak that he could barely walk without feeling faint. Sometimes he feels out of breath and has to sit down.'

The actor, 56, has allegedly told his wife Lisa of 33 years and his brother Donny that he doesn't have long to live.

'Lisa phoned Donny in Los Angeles and told him he need to come to Chicago, where Patrick has been filming TV show The Beast. She was crying and scared Donny to death,' the insider told the publication.

Swayze recently complete gruelling 12 hour filming sessions for new US TV series The Beast, in Chicago.

The actor and his wife reportedly celebrated the completion of the filming at a party this week where he was spotted chatting to guest for one-and-a-quarter hours.

:crying:

Pinkbanana
01-12-2008, 15:38
There are fresh fears for the health of Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze after US reports claim the actor's cancer has spread to his liver.
A source close to the actor reportedly made the claims to America's National Enquirer magazine, telling: 'Patrick recently got word that the cancer had spread to his liver and that is what his doctors said would begin the countdown to the end. Patrick knew it was coming because he was suffering increased weakness.'

'At times, he was so weak that he could barely walk without feeling faint. Sometimes he feels out of breath and has to sit down.'

The actor, 56, has allegedly told his wife Lisa of 33 years and his brother Donny that he doesn't have long to live.

'Lisa phoned Donny in Los Angeles and told him he need to come to Chicago, where Patrick has been filming TV show The Beast. She was crying and scared Donny to death,' the insider told the publication.

Swayze recently complete gruelling 12 hour filming sessions for new US TV series The Beast, in Chicago.

The actor and his wife reportedly celebrated the completion of the filming at a party this week where he was spotted chatting to guest for one-and-a-quarter hours.

:crying:

If true, it is very sad. He has always stuck me as a very decent guy and come across well in interviews. I wish him all the best. :)

lizann
07-01-2009, 14:34
Patrick Swayze has admitted that he may only have two years to live.

The Dirty Dancing actor, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, told ABC interviewer Barbara Walters that he was "going through hell".

"I'd say five years is pretty wishful thinking," Swayze told Walters in an interview to be broadcast tonight. "Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it."

He continued: "You can bet I'm going through hell. There's a lot of fear here... Yeah, I'm scared. Yeah, I'm angry. Yeah, I'm [asking] why me?"

Despite pancreatic cancer patients only having a five per cent survival rate, Swayze remains defiant, saying: "Am I dying? Am I giving up? Am I on my death bed? Am I saying goodbye to people? No way."

Swayze has continued to work while undergoing treatment, filming TV series The Beast in Chicago last year.

CrazyLea
07-01-2009, 17:21
Aw bless him :(
I find him really inspiring, the way he carries on working and his optimism.

Abbie
07-01-2009, 18:24
Thats really sad :(

Chloe O'brien
09-01-2009, 23:46
Patrick Swayze has been hospitalised after coming down with a bout of pneumonia.
The actor is said to have contracted the illness as a complication of his chemotherapy treatment for pancreatic cancer (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a90922/doctor-confirms-swayze-cancer-diagnosis.html).
"Patrick Swayze checked himself into the hospital this morning for observation after coming down with pneumonia," read an announcement from the Television Critics Association 2009 Winter Press Tour, where Swayze was scheduled to present new drama Beasts.
Earlier this week, the Dirty Dancing star told (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a140706/swayze-i-may-only-have-two-more-years.html) US interviewer Barbara Walters that he is "going through hell" but is determined not to give up hope.
"Am I dying? Am I giving up? Am I on my death bed? Am I saying goodbye to people? No way," he said.

Perdita
29-01-2009, 14:10
PATRICK SWAYZE has reportedly stopped all medical treatment for his pancreatic cancer.

The Dirty Dancing star has been battling the illness for 12 months, but a family friend of the actor has revealed he's no longer going to fight it.

The friend said: "There’s nothing more doctors can do for him.

"We are down to the wire and the goal now is to keep Patrick comfortable.

"His condition is inoperable and they have stopped the chemo. He’s still losing weight and he’s very weak.’

"Patrick regards himself as a cowboy, and is determined to die with his boots on and no regrets."

:(

Chloe O'brien
29-01-2009, 19:56
Such a shame for Patrick and his family, it looks as he may only have weeks or months to live.

Abbie
29-01-2009, 22:33
Aww that is very sad :(

Perdita
30-01-2009, 09:39
Patrick Swayze's rep has denied that the actor has stopped treatment for pancreatic cancer.

Recent reports claimed that the 56-year-old actor took the decision to cease chemotherapy after doctors conceded that they can do little to halt the progress of the disease.

However, Annett Wolf told People: "The reports are not true. Patrick is continuing his treatment."

Swayze has previously vowed to fight his cancer, assuring fans that he is "winning the battle".

Perdita
12-03-2009, 13:08
Patrick Swayze has denied tabloid speculation that he is preparing to die from pancreatic cancer.

Photographs published in the National Enquirer appeared to show the Ghost star looking frail, with an unnamed friend admitting that the actor "knows the end is near".

However, the 56-year-old has released a statement dismissing the report as untrue, insisting that he was "amazed negative stories about me and my health when there are so many positive things going on in my life right now".

"I started a new chemotherapy and, once again, I am one of the lucky ones with pancreatic cancer that is responding well to the treatment."

Swayze, who was diagnosed with the illness last January, revealed that he was spending time with his new puppy, working on his forthcoming book and "enjoying the fantastic response from everyone on my A&E series The Beast".

He added: "I hope in the future the press will think twice about printing inaccuracies and painting an unpleasant picture when I have so much to be thankful for at this time."

This is not the first time that Swayze has been forced to deny allegations about his health. Last December, the actor blasted tabloids for claiming that he was "on his last legs", slamming the reporting as "shoddy" and "reckless".

[B]It must be difficult enough to read about yourself if you are ill but it must be even more so if the press gets it all wrong. :angry: (

tammyy2j
17-04-2009, 14:46
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1170249/Frail-Patrick-Swayze-shadow-self-cancer-takes-toll.html

Patrick Swayze's pancreatic cancer is clearly exacting a heavy toll on the ailing star.

A rail thin Swayze, now virtually bald having lost his hair as a result of treatment, looked a shadow of his former self during an outing in Los Angeles.
With his clothes hanging from his reduced frame, the actor was barely recognisable as he walked to his car.

The 56-year-old edged along the roadside, gripping hold of a nearby post for support as his brother Don waited in a car park to take him to an appointment.

US magazine The National Enquirer said the Dirty Dancing star's weight had dropped to just 7st 5lbs (47.6 kilos).

However, friend and actress Whoopi Goldberg said: 'You know what, he’s doing what everybody else is doing, he’s taking it one day at a time.
'He does not have an expiration date on his backside - none of us do. We just know at some point it’s going to happen and that’s how he’s looking at it,' she added.

In his first TV interview since being diagnosed, the Dirty Dancing star told U.S. TV host Barbara Walters that he was 'scared and angry' and had been 'going through hell'.
Swayze said: 'Five years is pretty wishful thinking.
'Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it.'
Swayze's public appearance came as the fate of his television show The Beast remains uncertain.
The Ghost star went public with his illness a year ago. Soon after, he signed on to shoot television show The Beast on location in Chicago.
Swayze threw himself into the physically demanding role of Barker, an undercover agent teamed up with rookie Ellis Dove (played by Travis Fimmel).
Despite the 12-hour-day shooting schedule, he worked without painkillers, taking chemotherapy at weekends.

A year on from being diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer, Swayze recently admitted that he may have only two years to live.

Perdita
19-05-2009, 19:27
Patrick Swayze's spokesperson has insisted that the actor is "alive and well" following false reports that he had passed away.

A US radio station today claimed that the Dirty Dancing star had lost his battle against pancreatic cancer at the age of 56.

The rumour quickly spread to the internet, with hundreds of messages on the matter being exchanged per minute on the online blogging site Twitter.

However, speaking to ET, Swayze's representative commented: "This is to confirm that Patrick Swayze did not pass away this morning, contrary to severely reckless reports stemming from a radio station in Jacksonville, Florida.

"Patrick Swayze is alive, well and is enjoying his life, and he continues to respond to treatment."

Swayze's doctor confirmed that the actor was battling cancer in March 2008. It was recently claimed that he remains "in good spirits" despite his health problems.

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 19:49
I think alive and well are a bit of a white lie. He may be alive but he's far from well.

Perdita
19-05-2009, 19:51
Compared to being dead, he is alive and WELL :)

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 19:54

Yeah I know but the lastest photo's of him he looks awful all thin a gaunt. not the Patrick we knew and loved in Dirty Dancing.

Pinkbanana
19-05-2009, 20:11

Yeah I know but the lastest photo's of him he looks awful all thin a gaunt. not the Patrick we knew and loved in Dirty Dancing.

I agree, the last pic I saw of him was quite shocking... I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't very long at all...days/weeks left.

Alive and well - why dont they just say he is alive and battling this brutal disease the best he can??? Afterall, it's no secret he is seriously ill and dying from pancreatic cancer. Well, is hardly an appropriate word to use.

CrazyLea
19-05-2009, 22:47
Seeing him like he looks now is just awful. He looks terrible :(
He can't have long left. I'd say most, we were looking at months. :( That's going to be a sad day!

Jojo
23-05-2009, 08:47
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1185625/Patrick-Swayze-poses-wife-Lisa-combat-death-rumours.html

A pic of Patrick taken to stop his death rumours.

The second one further down the page on the link, I think shows how ill he is. Awful to see, I would be very surprised if he made it through to 2010.

A very sad day that will be.

tammyy2j
05-06-2009, 12:12
Things aren't looking great for a second season of The Beast.

A&E isn't expected to renew the Patrick Swayze-fronted cop drama, sources told Variety. A rep for the cable network, however, told TVGuide.com that no official decision about the show's future has been made.

The series' first season ran for 13 episodes, and the finale aired April 23.

The show has overcome its share of obstacles. Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after the pilot was shot, but the actor received a doctor's OK to complete filming once the series was picked up. Swayze also missed an appearance to promote the new series at a Television Critics Association panel in January when he was hospitalized for pneumonia.

In addition to its star's failing health, the show received soft ratings throughout its run. Even so, speculation mounted that the show might continue for a second season with a new leading man.

I like this show its edgy like The Shield and The Wire

tammyy2j
15-09-2009, 01:36
Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers' hearts with "Dirty Dancing" and then broke them with "Ghost," died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement released Monday evening by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.

RIP :( he fought his battle for a long time

thestud2k7
15-09-2009, 01:43
R.I.P you were great actor

lizann
15-09-2009, 14:19
RIP - he was an iconic actor