Doctors
Eastenders
Emmerdale
Hollyoaks

Vote here - http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/

CrazyLea
25-02-2008, 23:22
These are my choices :D

Sexiest Male: Rob James Collier/Liam Connor! No contest :p.
Sexiest Female: Don't like her character but Roxy Mitchell.
Villain of the Year: Sophie Thompson (Stella Crawford)?
Best Actor: Rob James Collier (bit biased though) If not him I'd like Jake Wood.
Best Actress: Allison King or Jo Joyner.
Best Soap: Coronation Street.

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2008, 23:29
Sexiest Male: None of them are exactly phwar sexy, so had to go with Scott Maslen (Jack Branning)
Sexiest Female: Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell) or Stirling Gallacher (George Woodson) it depend's what mood i'm in! :p
Villain of the Year: Sophie Thompson (Stella Crawford)
Best Actor: Sean Gleeson (Ronnie Woodson)
Best Actress: Was Torn between, Stirling Gallacher (George Woodson) and Jo Joyner (Tanya Branning) But Sterling just pip's Jo.
Best Soap: Doctors

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2008, 23:30
Aww Lea, how can you not like Roxy's character, she's fab, i love Ronnie and Roxy.
And i see we agreed on 3 of them, well kinda! :p

StarsOfCCTV
25-02-2008, 23:31
My choices...:D
Sexiest male: James Sutton (John-Paul MacQueen) and Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater) don't make me choose :o :p
Sexiest female: Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers)
Villan of the year: Jake Wood (Max Branning) Ooh I hate him so much :lol:
Best actor: James Sutton (John Paul McQueen)
Best actress: Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth)
Best soap: Hollyoaks

CrazyLea
25-02-2008, 23:32
I dunno both of them just annoy me :p
:rotfl: Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't pick more Doctors stuff though :lol:. Even if it was just for the sake of it :lol:

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2008, 23:33
My choices...:D
Sexiest male: James Sutton (John-Paul MacQueen) and Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater) don't make me choose :o :p
Sexiest female: Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers)
Villan of the year: Jake Wood (Max Branning) Ooh I hate him so much :lol:
Best actor: James Sutton (John Paul McQueen)
Best actress: Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth)
Best soap: Hollyoaks

:hmm: i feel we have a bit of a Hollyoaks fan with these choices, it's just one programme i can't get back into, i use to love it, but not these days and it's not from a lack of trying either.

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2008, 23:35
I dunno both of them just annoy me :p
:rotfl: Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't pick more Doctors stuff though :lol:. Even if it was just for the sake of it :lol:

No no no, you can just chose them because of the soap they are in, or yes i'd have gone all for Doctors, that why some of them were thougher choices, i quite like Roxanne Pallet in Emmerdale too, but there's just not enough room for her in myvoting! lol

StarsOfCCTV
25-02-2008, 23:36
Yeahh :p Emma Rigby deserves an award for the anorexia storyline she was brill in that, James Sutton is just a great actor generally :p

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2008, 23:41
So i read, she was meant to be good in that. James Sutton is he the one with a twin in Shameless? or an i thinking of someone else?

StarsOfCCTV
25-02-2008, 23:55
I have no idea :p I've never watched shameless :p

Jessie Wallace
26-02-2008, 00:10
I'll google it and find out

Nope i'm even in the wrong soap it's Elliott Tittensor and his brother is i think Luke Tittensor and is in Emmerdale. lol

Siobhan
26-02-2008, 09:41
Really hope Stella gets the villian of the year cause she was a complete nutter!!!

Chloe O'brien
26-02-2008, 11:36
My choices would be:

Sexiest Male: None of them make my toes curl but I choose Scott Maslen (Jack Branning)
Sexiest Female: It will probably go to Samantha Janus (Ronnie Mitchell)
Villain of the Year: Sophie Thompson (Stella Crawford)
Best Actor: Going by storylines: Charlie Clements (Bradley Branning) or James Hooton (Sam Dingle)
Best Actress: Again based on how they dealt with difficult storylines June Brown (Dot Cotton) or Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth)
Best Soap: Corrie

Perdita
26-02-2008, 11:38
I agree with you, Stella was fun to watch develop into the evil cow she became and the storyline did not drag on for too long.

tammyy2j
26-02-2008, 12:42
Sexiest Male: Scott Maslen (Jack Branning)
Sexiest Female: Samantha Janus (Ronnie Mitchell)
Villain of the Year: Jack P. Shepherd (David Platt)
Best Actor: James Hooton (Sam Dingle)
Best Actress: Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth)
Best Soap: Emmerdale

lizann
26-02-2008, 16:37
Sexiest Male: Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox)
Sexiest Female: Samantha Janus (Ronnie Mitchell)
Villain of the Year: Jack P. Shepherd (David Platt)
Best Actor: James Hooton (Sam Dingle)
Best Actress: June Brown (Dot Cotton)
Best Soap: Emmerdale

Abbie
26-02-2008, 20:02
I voted Hollyoaks best soap, another great year

Siobhan
27-02-2008, 13:55
I think for once, EE actually deserve the award this year... it has vastly improved and had fantastic storylines over the past year, Stella, May, Jase's past, introduction of Ronnie and Roxy, End of the max/stacey storyline (thank god)

Abbie
27-02-2008, 18:53
I think for once, EE actually deserve the award this year... it has vastly improved and had fantastic storylines over the past year, Stella, May, Jase's past, introduction of Ronnie and Roxy, End of the max/stacey storyline (thank god)

Yeah thats true, they really shouldnt have won last year

x Amby x
28-02-2008, 18:58
Sexiest Male: Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox)
Sexiest Female: Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes McQueen)
Villain of the Year: Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater)
Best Actor: Chris Fountain (Justin Burton)
Best Actress: Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater), but it was tough between her and Gemma Merna!
Best Soap: HOLLYOAKS!

Chris_2k11
01-03-2008, 21:24
Im surprised May from eastenders isnt up for villain of the year.

Perdita
02-03-2008, 10:16
I don't think she was that evil compared to Stella or David in Corrie, more misguided and jealous; Stella and David don't really have a valid excuse to be this bad, despite problems in their childhood. We all have some issues.

Abbie
02-03-2008, 10:29
Im surprised May from eastenders isnt up for villain of the year.

I am as well, she was crazy and obsessed

callummc
10-03-2008, 23:29
well one things for sure the results should be fairer this year cos you have to reply to an e mail to have your vote counted this year which may just stop idiots from voting constantly

Abbie
11-03-2008, 07:51
well one things for sure the results should be fairer this year cos you have to reply to an e mail to have your vote counted this year which may just stop idiots from voting constantly

To be honest I dont think anything is ever really fully fair, as to be fair in the soap awards when you vote you should watch all the soaps. But yeah it will be fairer

Jessie Wallace
11-03-2008, 16:53
Even with the e-mail's to enter so many people still have loads of different e-mail address so it won't stop the duplicate voting.

lizann
29-04-2008, 13:56
In Full: British Soap Awards Panel Shortlist
Tuesday, April 29 2008, 00:02 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

It's that time of year again. The 10th annual British Soap Awards take place in London at the BBC Television Centre on Saturday night.

Until then, here are the final four nominations in each category for the awards decided by the panel. The full winners list will be published just after midnight on Sunday, May 4. Also check back on Sunday for all the gossip from the red carpet.

Don't forget, you can still vote for your 'Best Soap' until 3pm on Friday, May 2. For more details, click here.

Best Comedy Performance (Last year won by Gemma Merna, Hollyoaks)
Coronation Street: Katherine Kelly (Becky Granger)
Coronation Street: Maggie Jones (Blanche Hunt)
EastEnders: Cheryl Fergison (Heather Trott)
Emmerdale: Charlie Hardwick (Val Lambert)

Best Dramatic Performance (Last year won by Lacey Turner, EastEnders)
Coronation Street: Jack P. Shepherd (David Platt)
EastEnders: Jo Joyner (Tanya Branning)
Emmerdale: Charlotte Bellamy (Laurel Thomas)
Hollyoaks: Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth)

Spectacular Scene Of The Year (Last year won by the house collapse storyline in Emmerdale)
Doctors: George and Nick's car crash
EastEnders: The Landrover rolls into the lake
Hollyoaks: Claire drives her car off a cliff
Hollyoaks: Justin run over

Best Dramatic Performance From A Young Actor Or Actress (Last year won by Eden Taylor-Draper in Emmerdale)
Coronation Street: Brooke Vincent (Sophie Webster)
EastEnders: Jamie Borthwick (Jay Brown)
Emmerdale: Eden Taylor-Draper (Belle Dingle)
Hollyoaks: Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham)

Best Single Episode (Last year won by Shreds and Aftermath, Doctors)
Doctors: Tread Softly/Up Close and Personal
EastEnders: Christmas
Emmerdale: Daniel’s Death
Hollyoaks: The Revelation

Best Exit (Last year won by Bill Ward, Coronation Street)
EastEnders: Sophie Thompson (Stella Crawford)
Emmerdale: Peter Martin (Len Reynolds)
Hollyoaks: Guy Burnet (Craig Dean)
Hollyoaks: Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham)

Best Newcomer (Last year won by Kym Ryder, Coronation Street)
Coronation Street: Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre)
EastEnders: Stephen Lord (Jase Dyer)
EastEnders: Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell)
Hollyoaks: Nico Mirallegro (Barry ‘Newt’ Newton)

Best On-Screen Partnership (Last year won by Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson, Doctors)
Coronation Street: David Neilson (Roy Cropper) & Katherine Kelly (Becky Granger )
EastEnders: Cheryl Fergison (Heather Trott) & Linda Henry (Shirley Carter)
EastEnders: Samantha Janus (Ronnie Mitchell) & Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell)
Hollyoaks: Matt Littler (Max Cunningham) & Darren Jon Jeffries (Sam OB O’Brien)

Best Storyline (Last year won by Tracey’s revenge, Coronation Street)
Doctors: Nick in a wheelchair, George’s guilt
EastEnders: Max and Stacey’s affair
Hollyoaks: Hannah’s anorexia
Hollyoaks: John Paul and Craig’s affair

To be announced on the night:
Lifetime Achievement Award
Special Achievement Award
Best Soap

Chris_2k11
29-04-2008, 17:59
Omg Becky so has to win best comedy performance! :cheer:

Chris_2k11
29-04-2008, 18:29
EastEnders and Hollyoaks have bagged themselves the largest number of shortlisted nominations for this year's British Soap Awards.

Each of the five eligible soaps – Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale, Doctors and Hollyoaks – have three nominations each in the categories voted for by the viewing public: Sexiest Male, Sexiest Female, Villain of the Year, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Soap,

Of the 17 awards, six are voted for by the public, while the remaining 11 are voted for by the panel, the awards including Best Dramatic Performance, Best Exit, Best Single Episode and Best Storyline.

Out of the 36 shortlisted panel-voted nominations, BBC One's Walford soap achieved 11 nods with one or more in each and every category, while Hollyoaks has picked up the same number.

Meanwhile, Coronation Street appears six times, Emmerdale five and Doctors three.

Hosted by This Morning's Fern Britton and Phillip Schofield, the 10th annual British Soap Awards ceremony takes place on Saturday night in London.

Speaking of the show Schofield said: "It's the best party in town! Because the soap teams work so hard and it seems that they work harder every year, this is the one night they can truly let their hair down. They party like no other people I have ever come across. After the awards have finished, I briefly go into the party, do a circuit and get out before it gets messy!"

The British Soap Awards will transmit on ITV1 on Wednesday, May 7 at 8pm.

StarsOfCCTV
29-04-2008, 22:22
I love the soap awards but I wish it wasn't on ITV! The amount of breaks they put in is unbelievable! :lol:

Abigail
07-05-2008, 11:02
A leaked report before the British Soap Awards claimed that EastEnders had won all the major gongs.

The list of alleged award winners was revealed to the media several hours before the soap stars arrived on the red carpet, according to the Daily Star.

The cast of Coronation Street were apparently annoyed by the rumours and were subdued on their way into the ceremony.

A ITV source said: "Results are never released until the winners are inside. But for some reason there were claims EastEnders had won some of the biggest awards.

"It ruined the night for a lot of people. The Corrie crew felt like a bunch of losers before they'd actually lost anything. It was a dirty tricks campaign worthy of any sinister soap storyline."

EastEnders won four accolades at the ceremony including best soap, best storyline, best dramatic performance by an adult and best dramatic performance by a child star.

Siobhan
07-05-2008, 11:06
EastEnders won four accolades at the ceremony including best soap, best storyline, best dramatic performance by an adult and best dramatic performance by a child star.

how do you know this?? do you have the results??? thought it was only going to be on tonight

Abigail
07-05-2008, 11:13

how do you know this?? do you have the results??? thought it was only going to be on tonight

Digitalspy
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a95325/soaps-upset-at-eastenders-awards-leak.html

And the winner's list...
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a94815/the-british-soap-awards-2008-the-winners.html

The awards aren't live

Chris_2k11
07-05-2008, 22:28
A massive well done to Hollyoaks winning the most awards tonight, its been a long time coming and I thought they were thoroughly deserved! Who'd have thought the soap that was once known as "teenage crap" (and to be fair, did used to be) would beat the likes of Corrie and EastEnders. Well Done and heres to next year! :thumbsup:

Katy
08-05-2008, 08:14
I was shocked with some of the Winnners but i think all awards were well deserved. I am also glad Hollyoaks won the important awards as well, usually it was thought they could only ever win the sexiest ones but the won both actor and actress up against tough competition it shows how well it has improved.

I think every award was deserved though! there were some cracking performances.

lizann
08-05-2008, 13:53
I'm glad Hollyoaks won a few awards but Justin did not deserve best actor or Louise Sexiest Soap Female.

What was with all the big hair at the awards show a few looked like they had electric shocks

I like to have see Heather in Eastenders win and also Emmerdale get a few more

Chloe O'brien
09-05-2008, 22:16
I wouldn't have gave Justin the best actor award, but they deserved more especially for the anorexia storyline.

miccisy
09-05-2008, 23:35
I'm glad Hollyoaks won a few awards but Justin did not deserve best actor or Louise Sexiest Soap Female.

I totally agree. She looked horrible. Maria from corrie should have won thaat award because the woman that won was ugly tbh.

Cant beleive David won the villain of the year. What crap!!!

Abbie
10-05-2008, 10:36
Im sooo glad Hollyoaks would quite a few, they really deserve it

N+icole
12-05-2008, 22:16
I lost interest in tv a lot, so forgot about these, but I caught a little bit of them

gutted Hollyoaks didn't get best soap.

Perdita
15-07-2008, 17:27
Last night, I attended the Inside Soap Awards 2008 launch in Manchester, and it was an excellent evening all round.

Myself and my esteemed colleague James Fiddy parked ourselves in a special room set aside for our interviews and set to work on the celebrity pickings from the soap world for the evening. A special thanks at this point must go to Johnny Hughes for his outstanding chaperoning service.

A few hours and numerous glasses of champagne later, we were eventually relieved of our work duties for the evening and drank the night away on the roof terrace.

Check back on DS later today and tomorrow for our video interviews with Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett; Hollyoaks boys James Sutton (John Paul McQueen), Barry Sloane (Niall Rafferty) and Jake Hendriks; as well as Corrie's Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor) and Kat Kelly (Becky Grainger), among others.

Meanwhile, here are a few tidbits I picked up along the way...

- Kym Ryder and Jamie Lomas are now officially an item after weeks and weeks of speculation.
- Jordan's sister isn't joining Hollyoaks, despite reports yesterday to the contrary. My source tells me that she hasn't even been approached for casting, nor has she or her agent approached the show.
- Late Night Hollyoaks is shaping up really well.
- Corrie's Julie Hesmondalgh returns to work at the Manchester-based soap on September 15 after a year's break from her role as Hayley Cropper.
- There are a few shockers coming up in the next few months in Hollyoaks...
- Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett is a techno whiz on her BlackBerry and is constantly tapping away on it.
- There's some exciting stuff on the horizon for Hollyoaks' Mercedes McQueen, including a long-term romance.
- Kym Ryder and Kat Kelly can't wait for the catty scenes where Michelle and Becky eventually come to blows over Steve's one-night stand.

Abigail
15-07-2008, 17:37
Some pictures here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a111296/in-pictures-inside-soap-awards-2008-launch.html) of the awards.

di marco
16-07-2008, 09:36
Some pictures here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a111296/in-pictures-inside-soap-awards-2008-launch.html) of the awards.

it wasnt the awards it was the launch for the awards, think the awards are later on this year, voting has only just opened

Kirsty :]
16-07-2008, 17:15
:confused: :confused: Haven't we jsut had the Soap Awards?? :searchme:

Perdita
16-07-2008, 17:30
;587418']:confused: :confused: Haven't we jsut had the Soap Awards?? :searchme:

These are the Inside Soap awards, from readers of the magazine. Different awards :)

Kirsty :]
16-07-2008, 17:51
Oohhhh haha. I'm not keeping up lately!