PDA

View Full Version : I'd Do Any Thing

JustJodi
24-02-2008, 09:25
http://www.bbc.co.uk/oliver/

Looks like we are in for another treat.. yeaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abigail
24-02-2008, 12:07
I reckon we'll see it in about six weeks once all the auditions are done and have been edited.

Can't say I have watched the whole film but what I did see was good.

This series is going to be a lot different from Joseph and SoM because the main characters are kids.

Jojo
24-02-2008, 22:33
What age are the young performers going to be? I think its heartbreaking enough for an adult to be turned down or voted out from a show, let alone a younger person.

I'm afraid to say that I won't be watching. My tv seems to be filling up with too many reality shows again.

Abigail
24-02-2008, 22:47
The boys are 9-14 and the girls are 14-18 I think.

There will be three boys chosen for the part of Oliver and they will rotate every couple of nights so they aren't performing every day of the week.

Chloe O'brien
25-02-2008, 21:02
I'm not very keen on the idea of young children having there dreams dashed in front of millions of viewers. To me it's just an excuse for over-brearing parents to thrush their children into the limelight, whether they want to or not. If they want to find new talent for Oliver then do it without the camera's.

Abbie
25-02-2008, 22:25
Its going to be sooo hard for the kids, unless they go to performing schools and in the business but if they havet it will be very tough

Jojo
25-02-2008, 23:32
I'm not very keen on the idea of young children having there dreams dashed in front of millions of viewers. To me it's just an excuse for over-brearing parents to thrush their children into the limelight, whether they want to or not. If they want to find new talent for Oliver then do it without the camera's.

Exactly my point Kath - I don't like this one bit.

LostVoodoo
26-02-2008, 07:37
my idea for how to do it would be to do the Nancy's in the live-show format and just have clips within the show of how the oliver hunt is going. not like a live competition but a documentary-style thing following their progress.

does anyone know how they'll actually do the oliver thing since there's going to be three winners? seems a tad confusing.

Abbie
26-02-2008, 19:40
does anyone know how they'll actually do the oliver thing since there's going to be three winners? seems a tad confusing.
What exactly do you mean?

I mean in the shows in the west end the olivers will take turns.

Im guessing in live shows Nancy and Oliver will take turns

LostVoodoo
26-02-2008, 22:41
sorry, i meant as in three boys will win the role of oliver.

will they just start with loads and whittle it down to the last three? and like you said, could they alternate weeks with the nancys etc?

Chloe O'brien
27-02-2008, 22:50
The reason for having 3 Oliver's is to do with having kids in a show. They can only do so many performances a week. If they have 3 Oliver's then they can alternative nights and it won't interfere with their homework.

Abbie
28-02-2008, 21:53
Yeah it will be alternate nights I would hope

Jessie Wallace
28-02-2008, 21:56
More than alternate, Kid under the ages of 16 can only work a certain ammount of hour a week. For child actor i believe it's a little more than us mer mortals, it used to be only 5 hours a week, but i believe that's gone up a bit more now, not sure what to tho.

Abigail
29-02-2008, 13:55
Is Graham Norton still presenting?

JustJodi
29-02-2008, 13:59
looks like Graham is indeed doing the presenting, according to the photo on I'D DO ANYTHING web site..:hmm: :searchme:

Abigail
29-02-2008, 19:10
looks like Graham is indeed doing the presenting, according to the photo on I'D DO ANYTHING web site..:hmm: :searchme:

Jolly good, Graham is one of my favourite presenters.

Abigail
09-03-2008, 22:13
Tune in on Saturday 15th March to begin the I'd Do Anything journey

The wait is almost over. On Saturday 15th March at 7.30pm you can settle down after some food, glorious food, and say Oom Pah Pah to Graham as we enter the musical world of Oliver!

The first show charts the journeys of thousands of hopefuls as they begin their quest for stardom via regional auditions. The girls are whittled down to just over a hundred, who are called to London to perform before the panel: those who stand out at audition have the chance to win a coveted place at Nancy School, the next stage in the competition.

Meanwhile, 50 young boys are selected to work with musical theatre experts before the final 12 who are lucky enough to make it to the live shows are chosen by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh. Each week, the wannabe Olivers are set a musical task and also perform as a group; they will not face a public vote, but must continue to impress Andrew and the panel to guarantee a place in the semi-final.

In time-honoured tradition, the Nancys will be vying to make their mark on Andrew and the panel and, from programme three, will also need to gain viewers' support to stay in with a chance of winning the coveted role of Nancy in the West End.

Abigail
09-03-2008, 22:14
Dame Edna Everage alter-ego Barry Humphries is to be a judge on new talent search I'd Do Anything.

The BBC show will look for young stars to play Nancy and Oliver in Cameron Mackintosh's forthcoming revival of the musical Oliver!

As with previous West End searches How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? and Any Dream Will Do, Graham Norton will host proceedings with Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Humphries will join John Barrowman and Denise Van Outen on the judging panel.

The 74-year-old got his break on the British stage as Mr Sowerby in a 1960 production of the musical. He also played Fagin in the Piccadilly Theatre's revival in 1967 and in Mackintosh's award-winning show at the London Palladium.

Abbie
09-03-2008, 22:18
I think advert for it, is crazy :lol:

CrazyLea
10-03-2008, 01:06
I'm actually looking forward to this :ninja:.

LostVoodoo
10-03-2008, 07:34
Each week, the wannabe Olivers are set a musical task and also perform as a group; they will not face a public vote, but must continue to impress Andrew and the panel to guarantee a place in the semi-final.

In time-honoured tradition, the Nancys will be vying to make their mark on Andrew and the panel and, from programme three, will also need to gain viewers' support to stay in with a chance of winning the coveted role of Nancy in the West End.

aaaah, as i suspected. good idea.

Abbie
10-03-2008, 21:30
I'm actually looking forward to this :ninja:.

So am I, I love these shows

Abigail
13-03-2008, 11:27
Graham Norton has claimed that the hunt for a new Oliver in I'd Do Anything will raise the nation's birth rate.

The show, which follows a similar format to previous BBC One talent contests How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? and Any Dream Will Do, is looking for three actors to star in Oliver Twist in the West End.

Norton claimed that the hopeful contestants he has seen are so "adorable" that women around the country will start craving children of their own.

He told The Mirror: "They are adorable. Across the country 1,000 ovaries will pop. People who gave up having kids will say, 'Why don't we try again?'"

It was confirmed last month that comedy actor Barry Humphries would be joining Denise Van Outen, John Barrowman and Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber on the programme's judging panel.

:rotfl:

Abbie
13-03-2008, 21:49
:lol: Raise the birth rate, I'll put that in my geography exam in the summer then!

Chloe O'brien
15-03-2008, 22:44
I watched it tonight and I'm glad to see that ALW will be picking the Oliver's personnally and not having them doing live auditions, that will only be for the Nancy's

CrazyLea
15-03-2008, 22:45
Oh how glad I am to see John Barrowman on a weekly basis again :wub: (seeing as I don't watch Torchwood :p). Oh how I've missed him.

Enjoyed it tonight. I love that Jodie woman :lol: She's hilarious!

ANd I am also glad that ALW is picking the Oliver's. Some cute little Oliver's there :p.

Abigail
15-03-2008, 22:45
One of the boys who are in the final goes to the private school that I was going to go to. He lives about ten miles from me.

Abbie
15-03-2008, 22:46
Yeah I liked the way they did it, its better for the kids.
So Im guessing each week will be see how they are getting on?

Luna
17-03-2008, 15:16
nancy is brilliant i really hope she gets it

Ive seen her in a musical before and she is just amazing. I was actually away seeing the other musical again this weekend and she was really missed on stage and there seemed to be something missing from the role she had in it.

Abbie
17-03-2008, 22:09

Ive seen her in a musical before and she is just amazing. I was actually away seeing the other musical again this weekend and she was really missed on stage and there seemed to be something missing from the role she had in it.

Who, the nancy that had parents who were trained opera singers?

Luna
18-03-2008, 14:27

no the one who father taught her to sing but he died when she was 10

Abbie
18-03-2008, 18:15

Hmmm I'll have to see next week I cant put name to face :hmm:

LostVoodoo
18-03-2008, 21:22

its just not a reality TV show without a dead relative, is it? she was very good though, very emotive and not just a pretty face singing.

Luna
18-03-2008, 23:58
this might remind you of her she comes on about 2 mins 8 sec

YouTube - Take That - The Musical - Never Forget - Part 19 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzGXVslqsk&feature=related)

CrazyLea
22-03-2008, 23:38
Really glad Jodie is through :cheer:. She's well cool!
Can't wait for next week - being the first live shows and all :D

Chloe O'brien
22-03-2008, 23:47
I think Jessie the Irish girl is a strong contender despite her only being 18.

CrazyLea
22-03-2008, 23:57
Is that the one with the afro-ish hair?

Chloe O'brien
23-03-2008, 00:12

Yeah that's the one she has been rejected by two drama schools before auditioning for Nancy

Abi
23-03-2008, 14:32
I love Jessie and Nancy. They should spend a bit more time on the Oliver's though - They're so adorable!!

LostVoodoo
23-03-2008, 19:07

Yeah that's the one she has been rejected by two drama schools before auditioning for Nancy

then surely that's a sign. she seems a bit smug to me, even though she's been rejected by schools!

Layne
23-03-2008, 20:47
Can't believe Nancy didn't get through :rolleyes:
But i am glad Jessie got through and the one who was on her 8th date at the last 30 auditions (forgotten her name)

Jessie Wallace
23-03-2008, 21:44
Can't believe Nancy didn't get through :rolleyes:
But i am glad Jessie got through and the one who was on her 8th date at the last 30 auditions (forgotten her name)

Her name is Jodi, i love her too. Her audition was so funny.

annette_tr9
27-03-2008, 21:53
welsh oliver is brilliant.....

we are planning on a london trip march next year and if he is oliver i am going to see it

aren't they all cute?!

Jessie Wallace
30-03-2008, 17:31
Just watched this on I-Player, i think's it's going to be quite close this year as all the girls are fab, i think my favourite 3 are Fran, Jodi and Samantha.
Really like the way they are chosing the Oliver's it seems really well thought out for them.

CrazyLea
30-03-2008, 18:18
At the moment my faves are Jodi, Samantha and someone who I can't remember the name of... Ermmmm think she was in pink, can't remember the song she sang either :lol:. John said she was sweet Nancy :p.

Oh and I thought that the beginning song with all the Nancy's and the Olivers was awesome! Really good! The Olivers did really good at Food Glorious Food too!!!

Abbie
30-03-2008, 19:01
:eek: The Olivers are sooo good, its really good the way they are doing it too

Jessie Wallace
30-03-2008, 19:59
Man i get far to involved in these show's. Happy that Fran stayed in, but the other girls final song was good.

Katy
31-03-2008, 11:36
Man i get far to involved in these show's. Happy that Fran stayed in, but the other girls final song was good.

Me too, i was pleased that Francesca got through but they are all sooo good. It will be soo tough. My favourites at the minute are Jodi Jessie and Rachel. I love these shows.

Katy
06-04-2008, 10:40
Its too higher standard, i dont wnat any of the nancys to go tonight. I am lovng the little olivers to, they are to sweet.

Abbie
06-04-2008, 13:11
Its werid cos in the first week i had no idea who I wanted to go, but now I have a few that Im not so keen on

Abigail
06-04-2008, 14:36
I only caught the last 15mins. I haven't watched a whole show through yet so I might catch up on the iplayer later. My favourite is Jessie.

CrazyLea
06-04-2008, 17:17
My favourites are Jodie, Niamh and Jesse. They're awesome.

I want either Francesca or the one who sang Get the Party Started to go tonight.

Abigail
06-04-2008, 21:14
Who got chucked out tonight? I didn't watch it.

CrazyLea
06-04-2008, 21:39
Cleo.

It was between Cleo and Keisha (Keisha had the lowest votes). Andrew saved her though.

Tbh, Keisha sucked last night, but did really well in the sing off.. and Cleo the other way round.. she was good last night but was poor in the sing off.. though both girls weren't amazing in the sing off.

I think it should have been Francesca or Tara who went tonight though.

Abigail
06-04-2008, 21:44
Methinks I need to watch the whole of Saturday's show.

Did Cleo sing a Mariah Carey song?

Pinkbanana
06-04-2008, 21:48
[QUOTE=CrazyLea;565808]Cleo.

It was between Cleo and Keisha QUOTE]

I didnt rate either of them in the sing off tbh.

CrazyLea
06-04-2008, 23:30
Did Cleo sing a Mariah Carey song?
No that was Tara. Cleo sang "Feeling Good" By Nina Simone. She was the 2nd to perform.

Abbie
06-04-2008, 23:43
Im not that keen on Tara, and is Jessie the one is green?

CrazyLea
06-04-2008, 23:45
I'm not that keen on Tara either. Although she did do a little better this week than last week. I thought she started off really well, but went downhill in the middle.

Yeah Jessie is the one in green.. I think.. she sang "Killing Me Softly" ... she was really awesome.

Abbie
06-04-2008, 23:45
Yeah, I think Jessie was good last night but she is another one that Im not really keen on either

LostVoodoo
07-04-2008, 07:36
Yeah, I think Jessie was good last night but she is another one that Im not really keen on either

yeah, and when they showed them doing the acting bit with 'bill sykes' down in the victorian dungeons she was terrible!

i really haven't been following it closely enough, but in the Oomp pa pa bit at the beginning why did some of them not seem to be bothering to sing in a cockney accent?

Abbie
07-04-2008, 17:57

yeah, and when they showed them doing the acting bit with 'bill sykes' down in the victorian dungeons she was terrible!

I missed that bit, I missed the results show, just heard about it

Chloe O'brien
07-04-2008, 22:11
Jesse is my favourite out of the Nancy's Ashley and Jodi are fab as well, but Jodi needs to find confidence in herself. She didn't do too well with the judges on Saturday night and when she was listening to their comments she looked a bit like a rabbit stuck in headlights.

Keisha and Tara were poor compared to the other girls. I'm not to keen on Rachel she has done some acting along with Francessca but I get the impresion that she is a bit smug as she has had more exprerience than the other girls.

Abbie
08-04-2008, 21:21
I know what you mean about Rachel, Im not too sure about her at the moment :hmm:

JustJodi
10-04-2008, 07:31
i loved the part where they took the girls to the dungeons and had to be around rats, and even pick one up and pet it,, and that actor who scared the poo poo out of them ,, it was really good,, some of those girls are going to make it big eventually...
I like Jessie,, she has the looks of a NANCY and Jodie,, too
Francesa should have gone this time but noooo she was saved...

CrazyLea
10-04-2008, 17:59
That was a little mean though :lol: For the ones who were terrified of rats. I know that if I was one of them and we had to handle spiders I wouldn't be able to even enter the building, let alone hold a spider!

Hopefully Fran will go next time eh Jodi :D

Abigail
12-04-2008, 10:52
Nick Knowles will reportedly play Bill Sykes in the latest West End production of Oliver!

The DIY SOS presenter will take the role of the violent criminal in producer Cameron Mackintosh's upcoming musical.

The parts of Nancy and Oliver will be cast by Andrew Lloyd Webber through BBC reality show I'd Do Anything.

Knowles, 45, has little acting experience but managed to wow Lloyd Webber and casting directors in his audition.

A source told The Mirror: "He does seem an unusual choice."

Rowan Atkinson will play pick-pocket Fagin in the show, which opens at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in December.

CrazyLea
12-04-2008, 22:30
I can't imagine Nick Knowles as Bill Sykes haha!!! Rowan Atkinson is a good choice for Fagin though!

Tonights ep: Still really love Niamh, Jodie and Jessie. They are the best I reckon. I really want Francesca to go tomorrow, she was absolutely rubbish, worst I've heard her. If she doesn't go then maybe Rachel or Tara.

Abbie
12-04-2008, 22:36
I think Tara should go, not keen on her at all

Abigail
12-04-2008, 22:37
I really don't like the results show being on a Sunday. It seems pointless and just another way to get ratings

Abbie
12-04-2008, 22:40
I really don't like the results show being on a Sunday. It seems pointless and just another way to get ratings

I HATE it, I always forget about them as well and end up missing most of it, if not all of it

CrazyLea
12-04-2008, 22:43
I don't mind it. Gives me something to watch on a usually boring Sunday.

Abbie
12-04-2008, 22:45
ooo Sundays are great with Lost, desperatre housewives and Brothers and Sisters
I prefered it all on saturday cos you watched the show and then you were like an hour or two later- yay its the results

CrazyLea
12-04-2008, 23:06
I don't watch anything on a Sunday. Well... until this came on :p.

I love the anticipation of waiting haha. I am weird I know.

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2008, 23:58
I can't imagine Nick Knowles as Bill Sykes haha!!! Rowan Atkinson is a good choice for Fagin though!

Tonights ep: Still really love Niamh, Jodie and Jessie. They are the best I reckon. I really want Francesca to go tomorrow, she was absolutely rubbish, worst I've heard her. If she doesn't go then maybe Rachel or Tara.

I agree with you Lea Jessie, Niamh, Jodi and Ashley are some of the best singers in the competiton. Francessca, Tara and Samantha are on shaky gorund they'r just not as strong as the other girls. I can't stand Rachel there is something so smug about her that she thinks she is miles better than the other girls another Seamus.

I prefer the result show to be on a Saturday as on a Sunday I too busy bathing the cherub and getting things organised for a Monday. I usually sneak a peak at the forum guide on Digital Spy on a Saturday night as it normally tells you who has been chucked out.

CrazyLea
12-04-2008, 23:59
Traitor :p You should come STRAIGHT on here. We'll tell you who goes :D

Chloe O'brien
13-04-2008, 00:20

Yeah not until Sunday though. I already know who goes tonight as its recorded then shown tomorrow.

LostVoodoo
13-04-2008, 09:17
Nick Knowles?! omg, he's terrible, i can't STAND the man! and what's more we all saw on Celeb Fame Academy that he is a rubbish singer; Bill Sykes has a song in the stage musical- are they just going to cut it out!?

only saw bits of it last night, but thought Jodie was great. i want her to win, she seems to fit the part of Nancy a lot better than some fresh-faced 18 year old.

Abbie
13-04-2008, 11:36
I can't stand Rachel there is something so smug about her that she thinks she is miles better than the other girls another Seamus.

I know what you mean, thats the same problem I have with her

Jessie Wallace
13-04-2008, 11:56

Yeah not until Sunday though. I already know who goes tonight as its recorded then shown tomorrow.

Ah how do you know i wanna know too, i'm gunna miss tonights.
I hope that Tara goes tho.

JustJodi
13-04-2008, 13:35
Oh geeze why do they have to seperate the shows,, they already know the results in some areas,, and it spoils it for others...

I am not sure who will be the bottom two,, my partner was not fond of Kiesha,,and Francesa,,

What do u guys think of the dresses they are performing in ????:hmm: :rolleyes:

Jessie Wallace
13-04-2008, 15:02
They are copying the American's huni, that what they all do too.

The dress's are ok, it's the costume bit's that look a bit odd, but i suppose they are no worse than what they'll be wearing on stage.

Abbie
13-04-2008, 19:59
So tara went, I think it was right and at the end of the song, As long as he needs me, on the second to last note she did crack a bit

Jessie Wallace
13-04-2008, 20:05
Yep the right person went, that was her best performance tho.

Kirsty :]
13-04-2008, 20:13
Haha I only watch this if theres nothing else on.
But Hairspray was on there tonight soo I was glued to it!!
Haha
And I shall be watching from now on because it was really good!
I like Jodie I think she's brilliant!

Chloe O'brien
13-04-2008, 23:31
It was no great surprise that Tara went as she hasn't been as strong as some of the other girls. Kiesha has been in the bottom two the last two weeks, if she is in the sing of next week I think she should go as she is not popular with the public.

Katy
14-04-2008, 09:01
It was no great surprise that Tara went as she hasn't been as strong as some of the other girls. Kiesha has been in the bottom two the last two weeks, if she is in the sing of next week I think she should go as she is not popular with the public.

I agree, Tara should have gone as some of her performance have been weaker than the other contestants. I think JOdie was amazing last night with that song Send in The Clowns.

JustJodi
14-04-2008, 10:19
Tara went because her voice was not strong enough to handle the stress of singing 8 nights a week, my partner said her voice cracked in certain parts of the song,, I was judging performances he was helping with the voices ( hes my ears bless him )
Keisha goes next week ( I think ,, only due to the fact she does not really have any acting skills )

CrazyLea
20-04-2008, 19:57
YESSSSSSSSSS :D
So glad Fran went. I thought for sure that Ashley was going to go though! Because of what Andrew said about Ashley's voice! Rather shocked. Ashley wasn't that amazing, but I don't care so long as Fran's gone :D :p

Jessie Wallace
20-04-2008, 21:10
Booooooooooooooo, i knew he'd pick Fran to go as it never say's anything nice about her now, really should have been Ash to go tho, her performance was rubbish compared.

Ashley and Keisha really need to go.

20-04-2008, 21:31
Booooooooooooooo, i knew he'd pick Fran to go as it never say's anything nice about her now, really should have been Ash to go tho, her performance was rubbish compared.

Ashley and Keisha really need to go.

I completely agree!! :thumbsup:

LostVoodoo
21-04-2008, 07:09
i still really don't like Jessie, she seems so smug for someone who can't act. and Barry Humphrys said she had a 'crooked smile' to me it looks like she's constantly pulling a face, she looked like she was trying to do an Elvis impression in the Viva Las Vega number!

keep going Jodie!

Abi
21-04-2008, 15:05
Yay for getting rid of Francesca. Her voice wasn't that strong, and her acting looked far too rehearsed. And she looked so stuck in her ways, in terms of style, that she wouldn't have been easy for them to mould and direct. She's the typical drama school girl.

I'm liking Jodie and Jessie. And the little blonde welsh boy is soo sweet!!

Katy
25-04-2008, 16:30
i didnt think Asley was too bad in fact i quite liked her performance. It was strong and she sounded great.

Abbie
27-04-2008, 20:03
What a shocker tonight! Both of them shouldnt of been there and I really liked Keisha, I felt sorry for her cos she was always given songs where she couldnt really show nancy as the judges kept saying. Plus even Andrew Lolyd Webber wasnt happy, did you see him leave at the end!
She did the best 'As long as he needs me' performance as she left!
What a real shame :(

dEsPeRaDo
27-04-2008, 21:02
:nono:

Niamh in the bottom two !?!
Hello .. what is going on ?!?..

Abbie
27-04-2008, 21:05
:nono:

Niamh in the bottom two !?!
Hello .. what is going on ?!?..

I know, I didnt understand it either, I think it was the song this week and maybe people thinking she is safe

LostVoodoo
27-04-2008, 21:32
is it just me or were most of the song choices really bad this week?

Katy
27-04-2008, 21:35
yeah i agree, i think Niamh should have been in the bottom two she bores me, she sounds the same every week.

Keep going Jodie and Jessie!

Jessie Wallace
27-04-2008, 21:43
I thought it was a really poor show this week, the top 4 were Jodi, Sarah, Niamh and Sammie. So happy Keisha went, hopfully next week it'll be Ashley to go, can't stand her. So many of them seem really out of their comfort range and thefore the tunning seemed a little off at times.

But aww to love the little Olivers more and more - yes some slightly annoying, but oh soooo cute, they should use the other kids that don't make it as Oliver as the other kids in the show.

Abi
28-04-2008, 13:39
Keisha didn't deserve to go yesterday, i don't think. Ashley should have gone. I think Andrew Lloyd Webber is right to be angry, she did a great performance, was fab in the group ones, and ended up in the bottom two. Neither should have been in the bottom two. I don't think we've seen the last of her though - If she has ALWs backing, then she'll go far.

Abbie
28-04-2008, 21:40
I totally agree and that Ashley should of went

GwennieS
03-05-2008, 18:51
I totally agree and that Ashley should of went

fingers crossed for this week :lol:

Chloe O'brien
03-05-2008, 23:27
Jessie was the best tonight. She has been brilliant all through the competition and it would be a travesty if she didn't win the role of Nancy.

Katy
04-05-2008, 12:07
I love Jessie, I think is acts so grown up for someone whoi is only 18. I think that it will be tough who goes tonight.
I think it should be Niamh but no one else agrees with me, it will be toughh cal for Andrew anyway.

Abbie
04-05-2008, 16:07
I love Niamh.
I wasnt keen on Ashley last night, no surprise there then

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2008, 16:45
Ashley was much better than usually last night but it really is her turn to go now. Then when she's gone it's quite close at the top, maybe Sam to go after that.

Abbie
04-05-2008, 16:50
I love sam, I thin she one of those ones who has really come through

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2008, 16:51
Yeh she's good but we are are now at the stage where there are people who are better, and she just doesn't seem right for the role of nancy

Abbie
04-05-2008, 16:54
I dont know, I thin its hard with nancy cos last year with joseph they could sing loads of songs with each emotion and they had a new emotion each week. With nancy yes she has loads but its not the same, I could only judge who is right for nancy through the songs Nancy sings and her acting but thats just be personaly cos I thin for nancy is different compared to Joseph and Maria

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2008, 22:55
I think Rachel would have been totally devasted to find herself in the bottom two this week and with the least number of public votes as the judges rate her highly in the competition. Jodi and Jessie are the two I would say could make it to the final week. The other four are on dangerous ground and could easily find themselves in the sing off next week.

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2008, 23:10
Gutted i missed it today, i would have loved to see Rachel's face, she's soo far up her own back side she can't see day light any more!
I agree with you Kath, the final 2 should be Jodi and Jessie, i think my 3rd place would have a be Niamh.

Oooo i just looked and it's on bbc i-player now so i get to see little miss smug's face :D

Chloe O'brien
05-05-2008, 00:44
I took a dislike to Rachel a few weeks back, she is a trained actress and has always thought herself above the other girls in my opinion. Jessie has been my favourite from the begining. Lord knows how she was rejected by two drama colleges I can understand Ashely's feelings that she does not know what to do to impress the judges. She is a great singer and performer but not right for Nancy.

Next week I would like to see Niamh and Rachel in the sing off with Rachel going. If Rachel goes Jessie has it in the bag.

Katy
05-05-2008, 09:50
We thought that Rachel seems a bit hard faced, she doesnt really show any emotion when shes is not singing and maybe that is the trained actress in her.

I really didnt think Sarah should have gone, i really liked her, and the song she did with the Olivers was brilliant.

I think Your right about Jessie but im not sure about Jodie, i really want her to get to the final but the Judges comments dont fill me with much confidence.

CrazyLea
05-05-2008, 21:54
I hate Sam. Hope she goes next week. She's rubbish. Her dancing was good on Saturday though, I'll give her that. Shame about the singing.

Can't believe Sarah went. Should have been either Ash or Sam!

I have to disagree with everyone though, I actually like Rachel.

My faves are Jessie, Jodie and Niamh. I actually want Jodie to win, but wouldn't be too devestated if Jessie wins. Niamh for 3rd I reckon :). That's what I want anyway.

Abbie
05-05-2008, 21:56
Shame sarah went I really liked her and she sang with the Olivers!
Ashley has to go

senorita
07-05-2008, 00:22
Sarah was great, really surprised she went.

Cant believe Ashley is still in it - hopefully she will go this week - and then the real competition will begin. Sarah going was wrong with Ashley still in it.

JustJodi
07-05-2008, 10:04
I honestly did not like Ashley and I could not figure out why she was not in the bottom two .. Sarah was alot better than she was. loved it when she sang with the little Olivers,, she was so good.

For my choices to win the part of Nancy would be Jessie or Jodie...:hmm:

Abigail
09-05-2008, 12:56
Ex-I'd Do Anything contestant Amy Booth-Steel has been cast in the comedy musical All Bob's Women.

Amy is the first Nancy to be cast in a West End role after departing the BBC reality show. The 24-year-old from Birmingham was eliminated from the show in week one following a sing-off with Francesca Jackson.

All Bob's Women focuses on a lothario who attempts to seduce five different women without any of them finding out about each other.

Nicole Faraday (ITV's Bad Girls), Sharon Cherry Ballard, Danielle Corlass, Sam
Oatley, Tanya Robb and Lucy Thatcher are also among the cast.

Russell Labey will direct the production with music from composer Romy Padovano.

All Bob's Women is scheduled to run at the Arts Theatre from June 18 to August 24.

CrazyLea
09-05-2008, 17:44
I can't remember who she is haah.

Abigail
09-05-2008, 18:08
I can't remember who she is haah.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6150/amycb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Katy
11-05-2008, 15:30
Loved Asshley last night again. She was really good. Thought ANdrew was a bit harsh with her comments.

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2008, 11:51
Andrew admitted that he had been harsh with his comments over the last few weeks, but I don't think its the last we have seen of Ashley. She has a terrific voice she just needs some coaching which I'm sure ALW will provide.

Abbie
12-05-2008, 15:54
Andrew admitted that he had been harsh with his comments over the last few weeks, but I don't think its the last we have seen of Ashley. She has a terrific voice she just needs some coaching which I'm sure ALW will provide.

I know she was good, but at the same time there was something about her that I didnt quite like. So it was time that she left

LostVoodoo
12-05-2008, 18:44
i was glad to see the panel not gushing over every tiny thing Jessie did for once and actually give a realistic assesment of her performance. i know she has a great voice, but everything else about her performace was bad on saturday.

aw, and i love Jodie. her face when they called out her name, she looked like she was going to have a heart attack, bless her!

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2008, 14:08
Burn Gorman has landed the role of Bill Sykes in Cameron Mackintosh's latest production of Oliver, say reports.

The Bleak House actor will line up alongside the winners of BBC reality show I'd Do Anything at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, reports the Daily Mail.

Gorman's credits include Torchwood, Layer Cake and Colour Me Kubrick. Nick Knowles (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a93639/knowles-cast-as-bill-sykes-in-oliver.html) and Danny Dyer were previously linked to the part.

Rowan Atkinson (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a92412/atkinson-to-play-fagin-in-new-oliver.html) is already confirmed to play Fagin in the show. The production opens in December.

JustJodi
13-05-2008, 14:44
oooohhhhhh "Owen" playing Bill Sykes.Hes perfect for the role ,,,,Mr Bean as Fagan innnnterestinggggg...I would love to see the performance once it is pulled together.

Ashley is gone,,, good,, i think Sam will go next or Rach..Jodie is like a deer staring at the head lights of a car when she waits to hear her name called,, Now was it just me or did the GOODBYE song,, seem a bit rough?? when it came to the time to take her necklace off,, it was a bit rough..:searchme:

off topic
A question to my darling hearing buddies, do the girls actually sing their hearts out at the very end when they are thrown off, like trying to show every one what they lost ??? Just wondering:searchme: :hmm:

CrazyLea
13-05-2008, 16:57
I think Rowan will be a good Fagin :cheer:.

And lmao Jodi.. seems that way! They can be awful but then at the last song they're all really good!!! :p

Abbie
13-05-2008, 17:47
off topic
A question to my darling hearing buddies, do the girls actually sing their hearts out at the very end when they are thrown off, like trying to show every one what they lost ??? Just wondering:searchme: :hmm:

Yeah I think they do. Some more than others though

Katy
13-05-2008, 18:19
i remember that with the Joseph one as well. They were like out to prove a point they should not have been voted out by belting out the last song

Abbie
13-05-2008, 18:22
i remember that with the Joseph one as well. They were like out to prove a point they should not have been voted out by belting out the last song

I know and that guy who sang a show of my own instead!!
Plus it wouldnt be the same if they didnt belt it out at the end

Abigail
13-05-2008, 19:19

I know and that guy who sang a show of my own instead!!

Seamus. He was so annoying and up himself.

LostVoodoo
14-05-2008, 17:36
Burn Gorman has landed the role of Bill Sykes in Cameron Mackintosh's latest production of Oliver, say reports.

The Bleak House actor will line up alongside the winners of BBC reality show I'd Do Anything at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, reports the Daily Mail.

Gorman's credits include Torchwood, Layer Cake and Colour Me Kubrick. Nick Knowles (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a93639/knowles-cast-as-bill-sykes-in-oliver.html) and Danny Dyer were previously linked to the part.

omg, how exciting, i think he'll be brilliant! just the type of gruff intensity the part needs! and thank god the Nick Knowles rumour wasn't true....

i may go and see this when it's on, which i didn't want to do with Joseph or Maria. i'll definately go if fellow Blackpool girl Jodie wins!

Abigail
16-05-2008, 12:39
I'd Do Anything's Nancy contestants have been robbed, The Mirror reports.

The five remaining girls, Samantha Barks, Jessie Buckley, Niamh Perry, Jodie Prenger and Rachel Tucker, had phones and purses stolen as they rehearsed for this weekend's show.

The BBC confirmed a police investigation is underway and an insider said "the girls were very upset".

On this week's show the Oliver! musical hopefuls take lessons in comic timing from Phill Jupitus and West End director Nick Reed.

Abbie
16-05-2008, 15:46
:eek: How on earth did they get robbed!

Katy
16-05-2008, 19:51
i thought itwas like one of the old contesteants who were robbed off there place as tehyd say in Manchester.

How they managed to get robbed i dont know.

LostVoodoo
16-05-2008, 22:35
i suppose the use big rehearsal studios at the BBC studios or wherever and the girls would be so focused on the work they were doing that they might just leave their bags around. add a lot of crew etc wandering around and i guess it could happen. wonder if they'll mention it on the show tomorrow?

Abbie
17-05-2008, 22:42
I loved Sam tonight, I just love Defying Gravity.
Still not keen on Jessie and well in the performance with the Josephs she couldnt really sing and dance at the same time.

Abigail
17-05-2008, 22:46
I like Jessie but she does that funny thing with her mouth when she sings. It irritates me.

I thought Niamh wasn't very good. Her voice sounds very immature and underdeveloped compared to the other girls.

Abbie
17-05-2008, 22:49
I like the sound of Niamhs voice.

I wasnt keen on Rachel, I mean good song, but whenever she does standing still song like that has anyone else noticed he does a slight bop, like a sway of the hips the whole the through when she is centre stage? Well anyway besides that I agreed with the judges, its like she does it full out, but not really

17-05-2008, 23:32
I loved Jodie again tonight!
I just think shes a character anyways; she's brill :D
I really want her to win!

Ahhh Ben James-Ellis again! Sam was very lucky! lol

Abigail
17-05-2008, 23:33
They should have got an understudy in for Lee so he could perform tonight.

JustJodi
17-05-2008, 23:36
I like Jessie but she does that funny thing with her mouth when she sings. It irritates me.

I thought Niamh wasn't very good. Her voice sounds very immature and underdeveloped compared to the other girls.

which is why the judges said she is still underdeveloped,, I think Niamh and jessie will probably be in the sing off,, who knows LOL At this point its any ones game:searchme:

Chloe O'brien
18-05-2008, 00:13
Jessie has had a bad couple of weeks. She really needs to get her act together if she is to make it to the final.

Katy
18-05-2008, 00:14
i think it is really tough now. I really think the competition is tough. Jodie was good again and Jessie, i think Niamh really should go she is defienitly the weekenst. I loved seeing the Josephs again. My favourite was Lewis and hasnt Ben grown up.

Abigail
18-05-2008, 00:23
Ben and Daniel have both lost loads of weight. I was surprised to see Keith there. I heard he got a role in the West End.

18-05-2008, 00:34
Ahhhh Ben :wub:
Haha he looks different up close in real life! Much Much better :)
Haha I'll shut up now!! Sorry everyone!! :rolleyes:

LostVoodoo
18-05-2008, 10:07
Still not keen on Jessie and well in the performance with the Josephs she couldnt really sing and dance at the same time.

yeah, i just watched it on iplayer and she was terrible in the group number!

there were some baaad song choices again this week too, i think Defying Gravity was the best.

Katy
18-05-2008, 13:24
Ben and Daniel have both lost loads of weight. I was surprised to see Keith there. I heard he got a role in the West End.

I was but a lot that were there last ight are in shows, Joseph on tour he is in with Craig and Ben was in hairspray and Lewis was in the Joseph on tour as well.

I cant wait to see who is out, i hope it is Naimh.

Katy
18-05-2008, 20:13
About time i think that was definitly the right decision. It could be anyone to go next week. Nancy is nearly decided!

18-05-2008, 20:14
Aw no I missed it! What happened who was bottom two who went? :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
18-05-2008, 20:17
Rachel and Niamh were bottom and Niamh went - the right person to go out of the two I think.

Abbie
18-05-2008, 20:33
Im sad that Niamh went, I really liked her.
I want either Rachel or Jessie to go next.
I still love Sam and Jodie

18-05-2008, 20:40
Awww I liked Niamh :(
I still want jodie to win :D

Abbie
18-05-2008, 20:41
Plus I thought Niamh was quite funny in the mission, lol

Trinity
18-05-2008, 20:52
How on earth did Jessie survive?

What a farce.

StarsOfCCTV
18-05-2008, 21:11
I know! I was shocked at that I was sure she was going to go! And by the look on her face when she was saved by the public she thought that too! :p

Jessie Wallace
18-05-2008, 21:40
Come on Jodi, Rachel to go next please, top 2 Jodi and Jessie.

Abbie
18-05-2008, 22:04
I know! I was shocked at that I was sure she was going to go! And by the look on her face when she was saved by the public she thought that too! :p

I know, and she had that look of shock last week too

JustJodi
19-05-2008, 00:23
ok so Niamh went,, thats ok......next week Sam and Rach???
I would really like Jodie or Jessie to win ....
I missed the results show today:-(

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2008, 00:36
I want Jessie to win but I have to agree with John Barrowman. She has been inconsistant the last couple of weeks and not sang as well as she can. She is really going to have to up her game before next week if she is to make it to the final.

LostVoodoo
19-05-2008, 07:02
I want Jessie to win but I have to agree with John Barrowman. She has been inconsistant the last couple of weeks and not sang as well as she can. She is really going to have to up her game before next week if she is to make it to the final.

do the public pick who goes to the final next week, or does ALW? because he will put Jessie through no matter what if its up to him.

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2008, 11:21
Next week is the same as other weeks the bottom 2 will have to do the sing off and then ALW decideds who goes through to the final.

CrazyLea
19-05-2008, 15:18
Jodie to win :cheer:.

I want Jodie and Rachel in the Final 2.

Samantha to go next possibly.

Abi
19-05-2008, 22:59
I want Jodie and Jessie to be the final two, and Jodie to win. Jessie has a great voice and is a good actress, but the last few weeks have let her down. Jodie has been amazing the whole way through the contest.

Abbie
20-05-2008, 20:07
Ive back Jodie form the start since the auditions really, however I also love Sam, so its between those 2 for me

20-05-2008, 21:10
I'm backing Jodie too
I haven't really got a second person
I do like Sam though
I just really don't see her playing Nancy
Jodie fits the part best for me :)

LostVoodoo
25-05-2008, 11:09
well that was an exciting evening, could not believe how good Rachel's Caberet was! i think she might have edged herself into the final with that performance. Jodie was good as ever, poor Samantha had to face a terrible song to sing but managed to pull off. Jessie was snore-some, i think it's time for her to go.

what do people think about the Olivers? i'm so glad the cute little welsh one got it!

Katy
25-05-2008, 12:56
I think it may be sam to go next but i wouold not want to be ALW this evening, it will be so tough to see one go. Did anyone see Rachels face when John comapred Sam and Jessie, she didnt look impressed, i think he was abit out of order when he said that comment.

Abbie
25-05-2008, 17:32
I know that was harsh of John, it really shocked me

Jessie Wallace
25-05-2008, 18:16
Please the final 3 to be, Jodie, Sam and Jessie, with Rachel going this week. But i think it will be Jessie going this week, but it will also depend on who she is in the final 2 with, as Andrew really likes Jessie.

StarsOfCCTV
25-05-2008, 19:36
Why did they save Jessie? Sorry but I think the final should've been Jodie, Samantha and Rachel.

Abbie
25-05-2008, 19:38
Why did they save Jessie? Sorry but I think the final should've been Jodie, Samantha and Rachel.

I agree!
Jodi all the way
I hope he saves Sam :)

StarsOfCCTV
25-05-2008, 19:39
I'm getting shivers down my neck...!

Bless Andrew's crying!

Abbie
25-05-2008, 19:39
It looks like ALW is gonna cry!!!!

Abbie
25-05-2008, 19:44
:D Yay Sam is through!!!!!
I was kinda shocked, but Ive never been a fan of Rachels and love Sam

StarsOfCCTV
25-05-2008, 19:48
Awww...I didn't want either of them to go! I didn't really have a preference to either.

CrazyLea
25-05-2008, 20:06
:crying: Rachel was starting to be my favourite!!! She was awesome. I wanted Sam to go!

Jodie to win I guess!

senorita
25-05-2008, 21:15
I dont know who will win, it will be a great final. ALW was great tonight - bless him with those watery eyes - he's taking his role very seriously - as he would - hes gonna make lots of money out of the show 'Oliver' - so he needs to pick the right one! - The Olivers are adorable:D

Katy
26-05-2008, 10:28
Got to be Jodie now. I am shocked but in a way not as that was like the tougher decision ever.

Chloe O'brien
26-05-2008, 15:05
My favourite was Jessie in the begining but she has had a few bad weeks and her performance on Saturday night was not all that great, Lord knows how she didn't end up in the sing of. I really hope she pulls it out of the bag for the final.

Jessie Wallace
26-05-2008, 19:10
I'd really nice Jodie to win, but don't mind too much if Jessie does, but i really don't want Sam to win.

JustJodi
27-05-2008, 12:55
Just saw this in the DAILY MAIL;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1022012/The-Nancies-youve-seen-Id-Do-Anything-trio-pose-Madonna.html

JustJodi
30-05-2008, 14:26
an article about Jodie,, this is totally UNFAIR:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1023008/Youre-big-Nancy--producer-said-hopeful-Jodie.html

Abigail
30-05-2008, 23:40
From the article

Cameron Mackintosh was worried whether curvaceous Jodie could cope with the show's hectic schedule.

Her curves are going to hinder her performance? :confused:

I don't like the guy. From the bits that I've seen of the show he leers at the girls. That greasy comb over does nothing for his pervert look.

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2008, 00:39
If he didn't like Jodi and he voiced his concerns last week, why did he put ALW in charge of finding him a Nancy. At the end of the day it's the public who will be putting money in Cameron's wallet and if the public vote for Jodi then he'll have to deal with it.

Abbie
31-05-2008, 00:49
Thats so silly, her size wont matter

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2008, 00:58
It shouldn't matter Jodi has admitted herself she has lost a hell of a lot of weight before she auditioned for Nancy. And although she isn't my top choice she is still a fabulous singer. Cameron MacIntosh is having an adverse affect on females with comments like that.

Katy
31-05-2008, 17:36
I think it will either be Jessie or Jodie and after Camerons comment people are bound to viote for Jodie now to prove him worng. In my opinion anyway. He hasnt done himself any favours. I cant wait to see who wins.

Abigail
31-05-2008, 21:12
Cameron doesn't seem too happy that Jodie has won :hmm: Wonder if he will end up eating his words.

JustJodi
31-05-2008, 21:37
YEAAAA Jodie !!!!!!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well Cameron can always make Jessie an understudy or something,, or put her in one of his other productions:searchme:

did any one think that Jessie looked like she thought she SHOULD have won ?

StarsOfCCTV
31-05-2008, 21:42
The other Nancy's who got relatively far in the competition will all probably get good roles - look at the Joseph's :p I'm glad Jodie won.

Abigail
31-05-2008, 22:10
did any one think that Jessie looked like she thought she SHOULD have won ?

Yeah, I think maybe it was because two judges and Andrew said she was their Nancy she thought she had it in the bag.

Bryan
31-05-2008, 22:13
i thought from the start she'd win this. not really been following the show but all the others looked like squeaky clean pretty girls, and that's not what the role of Nancy is about, Nancy is a rough around the edges, common as muck kind of girl, and no offence to Jodie but she does have that air about her. :lol:

Trinity
31-05-2008, 22:29
i thought from the start she'd win this. not really been following the show but all the others looked like squeaky clean pretty girls, and that's not what the role of Nancy is about, Nancy is a rough around the edges, common as muck kind of girl, and no offence to Jodie but she does have that air about her. :lol:

:rotfl: No offence!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2008, 23:01
Nothing personal against Jodi as she has been a fabulous contestant in the show but Jessie was robbed of this role she performed better tonight than Jodi did. Jessie has that raw gutter attidue that would have been idea for the role of Nancy. It's a shame she had a few bad weeks as if she had been on form alll 12 weeks she would have walked it.

01-06-2008, 00:37
I MISSED IT! OH NOOO!! :(:(

So glad Jodie won though :)
I've wanted her to win ever since her audition
She just fits the role of Nancy perfectly imo :)

senorita
01-06-2008, 00:50
:cheer:I was really glad Jodie won. Cameron's face was a picture!

At the nursing home where I work the ladies have watch it every week - 2 wanted Samantha to win, 5 wanted Jessie and 18 wanted Jodie to win - they all loved her for some reason - talking to them they all had different reasons for liking who they wanted to win - some viewpoints were fascinating coming from ladies who are well into their 80's and 90's.

Abbie
01-06-2008, 01:10
Whooooo :cheer: I have just finished watching it cos I had to be at work and told my mum not to spoil me, so Ive wacthed it.
Im do glad Jodi would, it was always Jodi from the start and then Sam also became a fav of mine, but in the end I told my mum to vote for Jodi :D
Whooooooo Jodi! So glad she won!!!!!!!!

GwennieS
01-06-2008, 12:22
Congratulations to Jodie, I'm sure she'll do a fabulous job. I didn't like her at the beginning of the competition, but she grew on me week by week.

One thing puzzles me though, the panel went on and on about how strong the Nancy's had to be to perform 8 shows a week, and how the younger girls wouldn't be up to it. Well, today I was looking at SeeTickets and found this bit of information:

Performance Schedule – Nancy & Olivers

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that the winning Nancy is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances.

Cameron Mackintosh Ltd

What do you all make of this? Are we getting Jessie on the other days?

Abbie
01-06-2008, 14:32
:hmm: Thats sounds odd, but it was suppose to me in 6 months time so that would be december that the show opens

JustJodi
01-06-2008, 15:58
Sounds confusing,, it will be confusing to the audience as well ????? I am sure things will be come more clear as the time draws closer..:)

LostVoodoo
01-06-2008, 17:07
yeeeeeeeeeeeey! did i not say months ago a blackpool girl should play Nancy? if it can't be me then Jodie is just fine! :lol:

and yeah, jessie was crying her eyes out like she was convinced she'd won. no matter, i'm sure ALW/Cameron MacIntosh will put her in some other show.

Katy
01-06-2008, 17:10
A northern lass, i am soo glad she won. Jessie has it made now i am sure. No drama school will reject her after this success. I think Jodie had something about her from Day 1 i think. They both did amazingly well.

erm we voted 8 times for Jodie and 2 for Jessie, my dad will hit the roof whenthe old phone bill comes through. Oh well. It was for a good cause!.

Jessie is bound to be the Aoife role of Maria the understudy.

Chloe O'brien
01-06-2008, 23:26
Cameron will have Jessie as his leading lady in the west end role no matter what it takes. I think the press release of the winning Nancy only doing 4 performance a week that could be his way of getting Jessie in. Whatever happens Jessie will go to become a huge star. As much as I liked Jodi she was a great singer but I still think Jessie was robbed of the role.