PDA

View Full Version : Bridgend suicides

Perdita
19-02-2008, 14:04
Another body of a young person has been found in the Bridgend area.
Police have not confirmed the death, believed to be a 16-year-old girl in the village of Cefn Cribbwr, around five miles from Bridgend.

The body was found early this morning in a woodland area by a man walking his dog across a common.

The discovery came ahead of a briefing this afternoon by South Wales Police about the number of suspected suicides in the county over the past year.

The death in Cefn Cribwr is the 17th suspected suicide of a young person in the Bridgend county area.

This was on today's lunchtime news. What is going on in that area? I don't live there but I am very worried that this might be going round elsewhere. Why are young people with their whole lives in front of them killing themselves without apparent motive. I wish there was something I could do. My heart goes out to their families. :(

Siobhan
19-02-2008, 14:06
there is £5K reward to anyone who can find a link with all these incidences

Perdita
19-02-2008, 14:08
I sincerely hope that they find out the cause of this really quick.

Siobhan
19-02-2008, 14:11
I sincerely hope that they find out the cause of this really quick.

Police are denying it has anything to do with Bebo. All them knew at least one of the other victims and all the sites on Bebo have been made into a memorial.. What is going through there heads.. what a waste of many young lives

Abigail
19-02-2008, 15:25
I read in the paper the other day that the local school has put 24 students on suicide watch. The teachers must be out of their minds having to constantly worry and be vigilent in case anything happens.

I really hope that somebody finds a link soon. I find it hard to believe that these young people are copying each other and there is no link between them.

DaVeyWaVey
19-02-2008, 19:15
This is really scary. I heard about all these happening because they made suicide pacts on Bebo, but as Siobhan said, the police have denied this. They keep saying in the paper, that they don't think the suicides are linked, but i'm not so sure. All of the teenagers that took their lives must have all been deeply unhappy for some reason. This one woman in the paper said it's because there is nothing to do in Bridgend, but i'm sure these teens didn't take their own lives because they were bored!

Perdita
19-02-2008, 19:37
This one woman in the paper said it's because there is nothing to do in Bridgend, but i'm sure these teens didn't take their own lives because they were bored!

That applies to most of the country, there is little to do for youngsters and it is far too expensive if there is, but this is not happening all over the place, so I doubt that that is the reason. It certainly is extremely frightening.

DaVeyWaVey
19-02-2008, 19:44
This one woman in the paper said it's because there is nothing to do in Bridgend, but i'm sure these teens didn't take their own lives because they were bored!

That applies to most of the country, there is little to do for youngsters and it is far too expensive if there is, but this is not happening all over the place, so I doubt that that is the reason. It certainly is extremely frightening.

That is very true, Perdita. To be honest, I think they are linked. They are all taking place in the same area and I've heard that atleast all the victims knew one other person who took their own life.

Abigail
19-02-2008, 20:02
I can understand why some of them hanged themselves. Losing two or more friends within a couple of weeks must be very upsetting and its easy to see how they can get caught up in the grief and think that there is nothing worth living for.

I hope the police, schools, doctors and social services are doing all they can to support those that have lost friends and make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Pinkbanana
19-02-2008, 21:33
The police are saying there is no link re:these deaths!! Surely there has to been a connection here...what...17 suicides of young people in a population of approx 130,000? There's got to be something seriously wrong going on there...imo. :hmm:

Chloe O'brien
20-02-2008, 12:56
What a tragic waste of so many young lives. The police and the Government have to pour more resources into identiflying why so many young people feel they have no option than to take their own lives, before the number grow any further.

Perdita
20-02-2008, 13:05
Police and some relatives of those who killed themselves are saying that the media is to blame for giving too many details and that there could be people copying those suicides. I can think of many things I might wish to to because others have done it, but I would not copy killing myself. I believe there is a link between them all, they all know each other in a roundabout way, something is going on there.

Katy
20-02-2008, 14:21
There could be so many reasons. I remember there was two suicides at the school over the way from me and they were not linked and it was bullying through the internet i think. Like MSN And what not.

I hope they solvve it soon. I feel for the teachers and famillies. It must be hard losing so many students.