PDA

View Full Version : Cotton quits 'X Factor' role for US

tammyy2j
06-02-2008, 15:34
Cotton quits 'X Factor' role for US
Wednesday, February 6 2008, 10:45 GMT

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Fearne Cotton has quit her presenting job on The Xtra Factor to focus on her career in the US.

Cotton took over the talent show spin-off series from Ben Shephard last year, but has decided not to renew her contract because she's keen to establish herself in America.

According to The Sun, Cotton may have not been offered a new contract by the ITV reality show anyway.

A source said: "Fearne had fun working on X Factor but she decided to quit while she was ahead.

"There was no guarantee she would have been doing a second series. It made sense to make a clean break and concentrate on America.

"There’s no bad blood between her and the X Factor lot but they didn’t exactly get on like a house on fire."

The former Top Of The Pops presenter has already landed her first job in the US, co-presenting the NBC reality show Last Comic Standing.

Bryan
06-02-2008, 17:12
thank god! the less we see of that pathetic condesending idiot the better! i hope she stays over in the USA and stops plaguing our screens!

CrazyLea
06-02-2008, 17:29
I love Fearne Cotton. That was rather harsh Bry :p. You may not like her but pathetic condesending idiot? Awww... hide your feelings :p.

Shame to see her go. She was miles better than Kate Thornton. Wonder who they will get next.

Abbie
06-02-2008, 17:32
Awww I love her, I think shes great :D

Katy
06-02-2008, 17:57
She's trying to do a Cat Deeley i think. She's ok presenter but i prefer her on the radio.

Perdita
07-02-2008, 06:15
Not exactly my cup of tea, but I wish her well in the US.