PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Beckham to quit

alan45
03-02-2008, 10:17
VICTORIA Beckham has revealed SHE was the reason the Spice Girls' suddenly split— because she plans to quit the music business for good.
Posh has decided to become a full-time fashion designer and says she will NEVER sing with pals Mel B, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton and Mel C again.

Talking exclusively to the News of the World, Posh admitted that she only agreed to a Spice reunion for sons Brooklyn, eight, Romeo, five, and two-year-old Cruz.

"I was very nervous about going back into the Spice Girls because I didn't want to send out a confused message," she admitted.

"The reason I decided to do the tour was to show my kids that mummy was a pop star once.

"I've been thinking about this for a long time. I'm not in the music industry any more. I'm in the fashion industry.

"I'm putting together a team of people now so it will be my main project when I finish this tour in a month.

"It's the last opportunity there will be to see the Spice Girls together."

The other Spices quickly realised they were finished without Posh and axed the extension to the world tour.

A statement on Friday said the girls had "other commitments".

But Victoria's exclusive comments to us will bring the Spice Girls' story to a close.

It means their gig in Manchester a week ago was their final performance in the UK with their last ever concert in Toronto on February 26.

Their song Headlines (Friendship Never Ends), which only reached No 11 in the charts, will be their last single, 11 years after their debut Wannabe raced to No 1.

Despite deciding to leave the Spice Girls as soon as possible, Victoria, 33, said she had NO REGRETS about her time in the band—except some of her fashion decisions!

"I like to think it was all good at the time," she added. "But I'll look at the pictures and think, ‘My God, look at all that bloody make-up' or ‘Look at that hair'. So I'll cringe a little bit. I realise that's what made me who I am now. I'm proud of that."

Spice boss Simon Fuller had been planning to make millions more from the reunion, which has already netted Victoria an estimated £20million.

An insider said: "He was desperate to keep the tour but Victoria feels she's achieved all she can in the music industry and acknowledges that any hopes she once had about being a successful singer in her own right are long gone."

There may have been a few zig-a-zig-ahhhs of relief in the music biz that Victoria's finally Posh-ing off. She's suffered jibes about her voice and once admitted: "I know I could never become the best singer in the world."

She had two failed bids at a solo career after the first Spice split in 2001, was the only bandmate not to have a solo No 1 and became better known for her over-the-top fashion-victim look.

Now she plans to sell that style to others.

Our source added: "Fashion is far more lucrative for her. She's actually considered a success. It gives her kudos in LA and she's making a lot of money."

Posh, who has already designed a range of sunglasses and her dvb-brand jeans, is predicted to rake in £15million in the next year.

Crimson feathered ra-ra skirt, anyone?

At last she has realised what the rest of us have known for years. SHE CANNOT SING:rotfl:

Perdita
03-02-2008, 11:35
There is a God after all. :lol: Thank you, Victoria.

StarsOfCCTV
03-02-2008, 12:20
I do feel a bit sorry for all the fans but yeah she can't sing :p she should've realised that yeeears ago :lol:

Abigail
03-02-2008, 12:32
became better known for her over-the-top fashion-victim look. Now she plans to sell that style to others.

Who would buy that look? :rotfl:

Took her a long time to realise what we knew all along.

Katy
03-02-2008, 13:51
thank goodness no moer singles.

no1abbafan
03-02-2008, 15:46
Someone up there is listening - however, are we now to be flooded with "twiglet" fashion gear :wall:

StarsOfCCTV
03-02-2008, 15:49
When her fashion clothes flop, there'll be a million people saying 'I told you so' :p again :p

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2008, 19:09
Yipee!!! thank god she has finally given up. She should have made that decision years ago and saved up all the pain and torture.

JustJodi
03-02-2008, 19:36
She wasnt even singing she was posing and lip sync... :sick: :sick: She needs to just be a stay at home mommmy.. and leave the singing, and fashions to ppl who actually have some talent..........:lol:

Chris_2k11
03-02-2008, 20:59
do u remember that awful song she did with Dane bowers :sick: