PDA

View Full Version : Phil Daniels blasts 'Enders writers

moonstorm
30-01-2008, 10:10
Phil Daniels has claimed that he left EastEnders because the standard of writing on the soap had deteriorated.

The actor, who played Kevin Wicks, said that he wanted the show to be more "light and witty" and that he had fallen into a "mire" after two years with the soap.

He told the Daily Star: "I thought two years would be a good amount of time and by the end of that, I'd kind of had enough.

"I'd fallen into that mire that always happens on EastEnders. The wit had gone, all they were writing was bad stuff and I wasn't interested in carrying on in that way. I wanted to keep it light and witty."

Talking about his character's exit, Daniels said: "They killed me off and it was gruesome. But it's all about getting viewing figures."

You know - he does kind of have a very good point there!! Would there be anything wrong with just a little bit of laughter??

Perdita
31-01-2008, 06:19
I have heard this from a few people who stopped watching EE years ago, they found it too depressing and that people were just always shouting at each other and it put them off EE for good. I can't say I found Kevin Wicks very funny but I like Masood, he makes me laugh a lot. :)

Johnny Allen
02-02-2008, 21:53
Maybe EE does need more humour but what I find annoying is they don't say it until they've left the show. Yeah they take the job and get good pay and as soon as they leave they slate it, really bugs me.

JustJodi
02-02-2008, 23:04
the gal who played Kat Slater-Moon also slated EE pretty badly, and that gal who is coming back for Franks funeral ( the one married to RICKAYYYYYY)She had NOTHING GOOD TO SAY about EE.

EE needs to make it a bit more lively,, every one is cheating on each other,, marriages, break up before they even get a chance to get off the ground as some one said every one is forever shouting at each other... it would be nice if they gave us a bit of a BALANCE.. in the program :searchme:

Abbie
02-02-2008, 23:14
I suppose it good be more light wirry and funny, I think they forget about that and try to do really griiping story lines, ones that have well you know, I cant explain it.
Mine you it does have its funny moments theres Ian for start and then Minty and Gary

Perdita
03-02-2008, 17:24
the gal who played Kat Slater-Moon also slated EE pretty badly, and that gal who is coming back for Franks funeral ( the one married to RICKAYYYYYY)She had NOTHING GOOD TO SAY about EE.

EE needs to make it a bit more lively,, every one is cheating on each other,, marriages, break up before they even get a chance to get off the ground as some one said every one is forever shouting at each other... it would be nice if they gave us a bit of a BALANCE.. in the program :searchme:

That would be Patsy Palmer who played Bianca

It is true, they need to lighten things up a bit in Walford.

StarsOfCCTV
03-02-2008, 18:43
Eastenders is alright :D Sure it's a bit depressing but the moments of comedy make up for it :D