PDA

View Full Version : Carla Connor (Alison King)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bubblegum
11-12-2007, 16:31
From The Daily Star

CRACKING Carla Connor will finally get her way with brother-in-law Liam in some of the steamiest Corrie scenes ever screened.

Viewers will see sultry Carla strip off in a hotel bathroom for a red-hot sex session with the
factory boss.

Fans will glimpse her stepping into the shower after she leaves the bathroom door ajar so that lucky Liam can catch her reflection in the steamed-up mirror.

It is the climax of her mission to seduce him during a New Year business trip to Birmingham.

But he is thrown into complete turmoil by his sizzling hotel romp.

Sneaky Carla knows that he is about to become a dad with his pregnant wife-to-be Maria Sutherland (Samia Smith, 25).

So the vixen, played by Alison King, 34, decides to book only one room for herself and Liam, later claiming it was a mistake.

When they get to their luxury suite, he showers first and is then taken aback by the seductive sight of Carla sprawled out on the bed in a silk dressing gown, sipping champagne from the mini-bar.

Determined not to misread the situation, he asks her what the sleeping arrangements are.

But Liam (Rob James-Collier, 31) is left in no doubt about her intentions when she tells him: “Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it – or not, as the case may be.”

Corrie executives believe that the torrid lust scenes that follow are the hottest in the soap’s 47-year history.

A Corrie insider revealed: “Liam and Carla have been simmering for each other for ages, and she sees their business trip as the perfect occasion to lure him between the sheets.”

“Their passion has been building for months, and viewers have been desperate for them to get it on.

“The scenes will be done in typical Street fashion, and viewers will see Carla drop her dressing-gown to give Liam a full glimpse of her body.

“The episode includes a shower scene and will probably be the steamiest ever included in the show.”

OMG! what do u lot think?

CrazyLea
11-12-2007, 19:02
I think it sounds good :cheer:. :p

samantha nixon
11-12-2007, 21:19
I think this sounds great, I like the way Liam and Carla are around each others its really good, Cant wait to see if they actually become a couple or just have an affair

Perdita
12-12-2007, 05:12
Shame Liam is cheating on Maria but it was inevitable that Carla and Liam were going to get together. I would prefer those two anyway but feel sorry for Maria.

hoppy_001
12-12-2007, 08:27
ohhh sounds oh so gd

Katy
12-12-2007, 21:38
Yay, Liam is so not right with LIam, i have been witing for him to tget it together with Carla.

CrazyLea
12-12-2007, 22:58
Haha did you mean Liam is so not right with Maria? :p

magtart
13-12-2007, 15:48
I am bored of this already! Come on Corrie how about some interesting storylines for a change (not the same old, same old stuff!)

tammyy2j
13-12-2007, 16:27
Am i the only person not interested in Carla/Liam romance i find them a boring couple as well as Liam/Maria. :thumbsdow

Liam was best with Leanne i doubt they will reunite because of Paul but she was the best love interest for him

inkyskin
14-12-2007, 00:46
but poor maria though!

Mind you,the fall out from it all should be good..Liam and carla will become the outcasts in the street....obviously paving the way for them to leave sometime in the future.

Abbie
14-12-2007, 12:23
Sounds good, but I really dont want them to be together and I really dont like Carla

Looby_Lou
16-12-2007, 11:34
It's about time cos they've been simmering for ages ... I feel bad for Maria though, I really like her

Chris_2k11
16-12-2007, 17:06
Am i the only person not interested in Carla/Liam romance i find them a boring couple as well as Liam/Maria. :thumbsdow yes me too and on the whole I find the Connor family really boring aswell, Michelle just annoys me now. The Liam/Carla thing has been brewing for months so this hardly comes as a big surprise.

Abbie
16-12-2007, 20:32
I also find it very boring and hate the thought of them being together

#1 Eastender
17-12-2007, 14:58
i think that the guilt will eat away at liam and eventually he will tell maria the truth about hi and carla, he seems the kind of bloke to do that, however as much as i cant wait for this to happen, i must admit that i am fed up with all the affairs in corro at the moment, all their storyline revolve aroundf affaire...is their any1 left in the soap who's yet to sleep with somebody elses partner, oh yes sophie webster! judging on her familys's track record, it's only a matter of time. maybe she will get it on with jack duckworth and vera walks in on them, resulting in her death lol, thats wrong, ive got diturbing images in my head now lol.

Perdita
17-12-2007, 16:28
i think that the guilt will eat away at liam and eventually he will tell maria the truth about hi and carla, he seems the kind of bloke to do that, however as much as i cant wait for this to happen, i must admit that i am fed up with all the affairs in corro at the moment, all their storyline revolve aroundf affaire...is their any1 left in the soap who's yet to sleep with somebody elses partner, oh yes sophie webster! judging on her familys's track record, it's only a matter of time. maybe she will get it on with jack duckworth and vera walks in on them, resulting in her death lol, thats wrong, ive got diturbing images in my head now lol.

You and me both. :lol:

parkerman
17-12-2007, 18:11
From The Daily Star

Fans will glimpse her stepping into the shower after she leaves the bathroom door ajar so that lucky Liam can catch her reflection in the steamed-up mirror.

Phew! Sounds good to me! Let's hope they put this episode on after the watershed...if you know what I mean!:cheer:

bakedbean
17-12-2007, 20:11
I think it is one of the best storylines Coronation Street have done in a while. The Connors at the moment are the only reason i watch Corrie.

Perdita
17-12-2007, 21:22
I remember the actor who played Percy Sugden a long time ago left because Coronation Street became too raunchy for his liking. I wonder what he would make of the current story lines?:hmm:

Richie_lecturer
19-12-2007, 16:13
I remember the actor who played Percy Sugden a long time ago left because Coronation Street became too raunchy for his liking. I wonder what he would make of the current story lines?:hmm:

Not a lot because Bill Waddington's dead.

Phew! Sounds good to me! Let's hope they put this episode on after the watershed...if you know what I mean!
After the scene with water in Jerry Mortons' shed?

hoppy_001
19-12-2007, 16:38
so do these two actually get together does anyone know??

Bubblegum
19-12-2007, 17:16
supposedly yes

TaintedLove
03-01-2008, 01:08
I never did like Carla, and saw this affair between her and Liam to be inevitable - even when Paul was still alive.
I feel so sorry for Maria. The trouble with her is that she is too gulliable - she needs to grow a backbone or she`ll be on her own forever. I don`t mean become tarty and hard faced like Carla, but for Maria to stand up for herself and let people know she`s not the pushover people like to think she is.
I`m so disgusted with Carla I can`t even bear to watch the scenes she`s in. Even knowing that Liam is to become a dad doesn`t stop her from getting what she wants - and to hell with anyone else who stands in her way.
I can`t wait til Audrey finds out about the affair and gives Carla the tongue lashing she deserves.
Thanks for letting me vent - I feel better now
:D

Abbie
03-01-2008, 01:15
hehe, lol.
Im gald someone else dislikes Carla as much as I do, I just cant stand her, Ive gotten to the point where her voice goes through me

tammyy2j
04-01-2008, 21:59
when does it happen?

Bubblegum
05-01-2008, 15:13
no idea when it happens

Perdita
07-01-2008, 11:46
I can't wait, I think Liam and Carla are a right sexy couple, I find Maria so boring. Liam should finish his relationship with Maria before getting together with Carla though.

kitty_uk
07-01-2008, 23:22
sounds good if its true. Maybe after hes recovered from his walk lol

Perdita
10-01-2008, 20:39
I read somewhere that Carla might also be pregnant by Liam as Maria is. If this turns out to be true, it will be dramatic on Corrie. :eek:

CrazyLea
10-01-2008, 20:46
I think the soap shops should get new suppliers :p Does no one ever use contraception :p.

I hope it doesn't happen personally.. as much as I like the Liam/Carla pairing... they'd be cute kids though :p. And god help Liam where Maria is concerned if it did turn out to be true. She won't be saving him at the LD.. she'll be pushing him :p

Abbie
10-01-2008, 21:29
Hope it doesnt happen, I hate Carla so cant stand the Carla Liam thing

Chris_2k11
10-01-2008, 23:49
its all very boring if you ask me, ive got no interest in any of them :o

CrazyLea
10-01-2008, 23:54
I really like it. I don't know why. I think I'm a sucker for tv pairings... which you've probably noticed if you see me in other threads. I love the chemistry between Liam and Carla. It's so much better than the chemistry of Liam and Maria. It's cute I think.

Thing with me though.. I love the build up to relationships.. like the will they, won't they.. but when the people actually get together I get bored of them.

Perdita
11-01-2008, 08:28
I really like it. I don't know why. I think I'm a sucker for tv pairings... which you've probably noticed if you see me in other threads. I love the chemistry between Liam and Carla. It's so much better than the chemistry of Liam and Maria. It's cute I think.

Thing with me though.. I love the build up to relationships.. like the will they, won't they.. but when the people actually get together I get bored of them.

I am like that too, but I definitely like Liam and Carla together. :heart:

chance
11-01-2008, 10:01
I hope Liam sticks at it with maria,cant stand Carla,she's so sure of her self,i prefer maria,shes a nicer person and deserves a bit of luck.

lizann
11-01-2008, 15:07
I hope Carla isn't pregnant but it would be better to have her pregnant than Maria. If i remember didn't Carla not want kids.

I can't stand Liam with either Maria or Carla i liked him with Leanne but i can't see them reuniting.

So with Maria pregnant and if rumours are true with Carla and Rosie also, Corrie will be having a baby boom. I think Maria may lose the baby when she finds out about Liam and Carla.

CrazyLea
11-01-2008, 16:23
I can't stand Liam with either Maria or Carla i liked him with Leanne but i can't see them reuniting.
Thank you. We were good together weren't we :cool:.

TaintedLove
11-01-2008, 17:07
I hope Liam sticks at it with maria,cant stand Carla,she's so sure of her self,i prefer maria,shes a nicer person and deserves a bit of luck.
I couldn`t agree more!!! I am detesting Carla more and more with each episode.

Abbie
11-01-2008, 20:32

Im like that too, I love a good TV couple but at dont like Liam and Carla, I cant stand them
I prefered Liam and leanne

fareehab4ne1
12-01-2008, 11:29
Im not sure if Liam goes through with the wedding to Maria, seems like he will run away with Carla. I hope not Carla does not suit him

Abbie
12-01-2008, 15:27
Im not sure if Liam goes through with the wedding to Maria, seems like he will run away with Carla. I hope not Carla does not suit him

He better not run away with Carla

Chris_2k11
12-01-2008, 19:32
Im not sure if Liam goes through with the wedding to Maria, seems like he will run away with Carla. I hope not Carla does not suit himrun away where?

Abbie
12-01-2008, 19:34
Hmm well if Carla runs away, she can run far, far away and never come back :p

fareehab4ne1
13-01-2008, 12:55
Just seems like they will elope or something

Bubblegum
13-01-2008, 13:03
doubt that carla gets up the duff.
actually i hope that she doesn't. you can't sleep with anyone in soap land and not end up pregnant! :lol:

TaintedLove
13-01-2008, 14:04
Or on the other side of the coin...try for babies for years and still can`t conceive.

Perdita
14-01-2008, 07:14
If Carla is pregnant, it might not be Liam who is the father of course, there is also Tony to be considered. :hmm:

02ablake
19-01-2008, 20:41
Carla is not pregnent as her and liam dont sleep together, yay
maria and liam forvever

Abbie
19-01-2008, 21:11
If Carla is pregnant, it might not be Liam who is the father of course, there is also Tony to be considered. :hmm:

Yeah....I forgot about him
I just really stand Carla

Perdita
14-06-2008, 07:26
OVER on Corrie, Liam arrives back in Weatherfield and tells Carla that he and Maria are going to try for another baby!

Furious, she gets her revenge by blackmailing him into selling his share of the factory.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," laughs Rob James-Collier, who plays Liam.

"Usually, Carla is like an ice queen, but she was hurt when Liam told her he was getting back with Maria. Forcing him to sell up is her way of getting back at him."

Liam and Maria seem to be back on track when they return from their holiday at the start of the week.

He even gets down on one knee to give his wife her wedding ring back * and they decide to try for another baby!

When Liam tells Carla the news, she tells him she wants him out of her life * and that includes Underworld!

She sets up a meeting between Liam and Tony, then tells Liam to offer to sell his share of the business or else she'll tell Maria that they slept together.

Tony agrees to buy Liam out, but makes a paltry offer for his share.

But Carla has Liam backed into a corner and he has no option but to shake hands on the deal.

While Maria is livid when she hears about the sale from Carla, Liam feels as if he is a mere pawn in her game.

"Liam loves the job," adds Rob.

"He doesn't want to sell, but Carla makes damn sure he hasn't got a choice!"

From The Sun

This is getting too stupid now, wish they thought about a different way to tell Maria that Liam has been cheating on her, I am sure she will find out in the end, but I suppose they are paving the stones for Liam's exit :rolleyes:

Ruffed_lemur
14-06-2008, 17:58
Yes, looks like it's all about Liam's exit. But isn't Carla at all bothered about Tony finding out?

Perdita
14-06-2008, 18:04
I think Tony is the Sean of EE and likely to take over as the EVIL ONE from David Platt, he has this mad look in his eye :lol: He is going to show himself a bully and I think Carla has had enough of being bullied, so she probably does not care about him finding out about Carla's fling wih Liam. I also think she still loves Liam, accepting Tony's proposal was just her way of getting at Liam.

Chloe O'brien
15-06-2008, 01:10
I can see Carla biting of more than she can chew with Tony. Tony has a creepy past and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carla being used as a punch bag by Tony in the coming months.

Ruffed_lemur
15-06-2008, 14:58
Yes, Tony seems pretty evil and jealous too. Not a good combination!

Perdita
15-10-2008, 06:09
GRIEF-STRICKEN Carla Connor calls off her wedding to the Street’s Tony Gordon next week as she mourns the loss of lover Liam.

The murderous plans of twisted Tony (Gray O’Brien) backfire after he bumps off his love rival only for Carla (Alison King) to jilt him at the last minute.

Distraught over her brother-in-law’s death, she tells Tony she can’t go through with the wedding.

With Liam’s blood still fresh on his hands, Tony is desperate to marry Carla.

He even calls the vicar to help persuade her to become his wife.

The storyline is already a massive hit. Monday’s show pulled in a peak of 10.4million viewers.

Viewers can see Tony finally bump off Liam, on Friday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

From The Sun

Chris_2k11
15-10-2008, 19:37
Im not looking forward to all the tears especially Michelle

Perdita
16-10-2008, 06:30
It is Maria's whining I am not looking forward to :(

BeckyBee
16-10-2008, 07:10

Ditto!!! :rolleyes:

xxOShelleyOxx
16-10-2008, 11:42

I can imagine it now..self distruct mode and feeling sorry for herself. She will somehow manage to make it all about her. Dreading it aswell lol

tammyy2j
16-10-2008, 11:50
I really hope Tony dumps Carla

I cant stand Carla i wish she was killed instead of Liam

Poor Maria and Michelle i dont feel sorry for Carla at all

Abbie
18-10-2008, 18:03
I really hope Tony dumps Carla

I cant stand Carla i wish she was killed instead of Liam

Poor Maria and Michelle i dont feel sorry for Carla at all
I feel exactly the same!

miccisy
21-10-2008, 18:00
I feel sorry for Maria. First of all she loses a baby, then her husband gets killed and then she will eventually find out that he was cheating on her with the slapper Carla.

I really hope Carla gets her cummupance (sp??) for what she has done to that poor girl. TBH Liam wouldn't be dead if she wasn't around.

Abbie
21-10-2008, 18:05
I really hope Carla gets her cummupance (sp??) for what she has done to that poor girl. TBH Liam wouldn't be dead if she wasn't around.

:cheer: I agree I know that it was tony that killed him but still Carla has been pretty bad

Perdita
21-10-2008, 18:06
I

It takes two to tango and Liam certainly made advances to her, right up until the end. I think they made the better couple anyway as I can't stand Maria with her squeeky voice :angry:

tammyy2j
22-10-2008, 10:15
Isnt Carla leaving soon??

Katy
22-10-2008, 10:30
I think she is, i reckon the wedding or the not to be wedding will be the reason she goes on maternity leave. It would fit in well i think.

BeckyBee
22-10-2008, 11:05
I

It takes two to tango and Liam certainly made advances to her, right up until the end. I think they made the better couple anyway as I can't stand Maria with her squeeky voice :angry:

Couldn't agree more!!!! Liam & Carla were always the better couple, it's soap land the thing that killed Liam was the actor leaving, lol, but if you really want to blame someone, you could say that Carla & Liam not admitting their love killed him, not Carla. Carla gave him every chance for a life together months ago, but he choose Maria, then realised he'd made a mistake. There is no in between here people either like Liam / Carla or Liam / Maria, and anyone who likes the second couple are always gong to blame Carla for Liam's death.

I'm personally waiting for the day when Carla find's out Tony arranged Liam's murder, because out of the 2 women who loved him (and yes there was 2 of them) i believe Carla will make Tony's life a living hell to get revenge.

Perdita
22-10-2008, 11:39
I

Couldn't agree more!!!! Liam & Carla were always the better couple, it's soap land the thing that killed Liam was the actor leaving, lol, but if you really want to blame someone, you could say that Carla & Liam not admitting their love killed him, not Carla. Carla gave him every chance for a life together months ago, but he choose Maria, then realised he'd made a mistake. There is no in between here people either like Liam / Carla or Liam / Maria, and anyone who likes the second couple are always gong to blame Carla for Liam's death.

I'm personally waiting for the day when Carla find's out Tony arranged Liam's murder, because out of the 2 women who loved him (and yes there was 2 of them) i believe Carla will make Tony's life a living hell to get revenge.

Totally agree with you. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. Tony better watch out because there will be two women after him, I hope that they make him suffer and not just have him arrested and jailed.

tammyy2j
22-10-2008, 13:45
I

I never bought into Liam/Carla as a couple. maybe because the writers pushed them as a couple too soon with no chemistry after Paul's death.

I dont like Liam/Maria as a couple either.

Liam was best with Leanne they had the best chemistry.

I really Carla gets her just desserts. She toyed with Liam.

Liam is dead so he got his so i hope Tony kills Carla (Superlips) also

lizann
23-10-2008, 11:20
I hope Tony is found out soon

Ruffed_lemur
26-10-2008, 19:13
I hope Tony is found out soon

I hope so too. He's evil!

Perdita
25-11-2008, 14:14
Coronation Street factory boss Carla Connor - played by Alison King - is all set to become Carla Gordon next week, as she prepares to marry her long-term life and business partner Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien). However, following the death of Carla's brother-in-law Liam (Rob James-Collier), she's struggled to come to terms with the loss of her soul mate. Unaware that her fiancé masterminded the murder, Carla prepares for her lavish no-expense-spared wedding. However, with so many Weatherfield residents with grudges, will their wedding go without hiccup? Here, DS chats to Alison about Liam, the wedding and her real-life pregnancy.

Will Carla ever be able to forgive herself for her final words to Liam?
"That's a good one. It's a growing thing. She doesn't know anything's her fault. Nor does she know anything about Tony's involvement. As far as Carla's concerned, it was an accident. So in that way it's tragic. Little does she know, had she changed those words and gone off with him, it could have saved his life."

Was Liam Carla's one true love, or does she love Tony but in a different way?
"I don't think she does love Tony in the same way as she did Liam. Liam was somebody who she fell deeply in love with. Her first true love was Paul, Liam's brother, and that was a commitment which came to her quite easily. Paul worshipped her. With Liam, though, it was a forbidden love. I think Carla feels safe with Tony, she just doesn't know him as well. Carla loves him, but it's more security. They spark together quite nicely, too."

Does Carla at this point suspect that Tony killed Liam?
"No, she's completely wrapped up in Liam and whether she's going to go through with the wedding. It's quite difficult remembering which wedding we're at! It's like Jesus, but instead, it's before and after Liam! Carla's just returned fresh from Los Angeles to make a new start with Tony and she realises that Tony didn't deserve all what she did with Liam. As far as Carla's concerned, she told Maria to go and have a happy life with Liam and the baby. Then when Liam died, Carla just had to go off and decide whether she could go through with her marriage to Tony or not."

So, during wedding week, Carla invites someone that Tony's not expecting, doesn't she?
"Yeah, she invites Tony's brother Pat. Jamie [Lee], who plays him is wicked. Pat turns up and nearly throws a spanner in the works. Tony's left thinking whether he's going to get away with what he's done. He's worried who Pat's going to end up speaking to throughout the day. Then Tony worries what stories he's told, what lies he's told. I don't think he can even remember what lies he's told and in what order. Tony's bricking it, while Carla's completely oblivious and says she wants to see more of Pat! Carla's really trying to do the right thing by Tony now. She's trying to move forward."

Does she switch her wedding dress from the one she romped with Liam in?
"Yeah. I think she feels that it'd be a bit bad, what with Liam having been under the old one!"

Is the wedding trouble-free? Do they make it down the aisle?
"Carla's completely unaware as to what Tony's going through, while she just has a lovely day. Essentially, you're left wondering whether all of those loose ends will end up in a knot anywhere along the line. There are so many people that could ruin the day - Sally, Kevin, Rosie, Maria, Pat... And even though Jed's not there, he could easily barge in. It's a case of will they actually make it down the aisle? If they do, will they make it to their honeymoon? Or will something happen just before they leave?"

It must be fun filming weddings because it gets most of the cast in one place!
"Yeah, it does. They're also really long and tedious! They have to get everyone's reaction on camera, while I'm wearing a really uncomfortable dress for three days! At the start you feel like a princess, but by the end, you just want to burn it! It was a wicked dress, though."

You're expecting a baby. You must be excited about becoming a new mum?
"Yeah, I'm big and fat at the minute. I'm just getting fatter. It's a competition between my boobs, my bump and my ass! I think my bum's slightly ahead at the minute! I'm just really tired at the moment. Everybody's been great, though. I just have to remember to put my feet up between scenes. It looks a bit weird on set - I get myself into some ridiculous positions, like on my hands and knees and I end up apologising to people, saying 'sorry, I've got wind!'"

Have they had to start covering your lower half up yet?
"Yeah, they do and they don't but it's getting a bit ridiculous now, though. I look like Humpty Dumpty with leggings."

Bonus Scoop: Corrie's Alison King

I recently caught up with the fabulous Alison King, who plays Carla Connor in Coronation Street, to chat about her latest storyline.

However, if you've been wondering about Carla's friendship with Leanne; Carla's screen family, including her brother, Darren; and when Alison finishes filming before she goes on maternity leave, then read on.

I've asked a number of people about Carla's brother Darren and have had the same response - they'd all love to have him around. Corrie's producer Kim Crowther also mentioned him last month in my interview with her.

We already have a clear picture of who he is and where he is currently. If you don't know, Darren is currently residing in Strangeways prison serving an eight-year sentence at her Majesty's pleasure for armed robbery.

So I'll make a bold statement here and now - we'll be seeing Darren Connor at some point in 2009.

And if Alison has her way, I think we'll meet Carla's sister, too. Don't forget to let me know your views on the potential casting below.

For now, here are those extra bits:

At one point, Carla hated Leanne. Are you surprised at the producers making them pally?
"No, not at all. They're quite similar. Before when they were friends, they were trying to out-do each other and show each other who was the best with a business. Then Leanne crossed Carla [by sleeping with] with Paul, so they didn't speak for six months. Leanne did go up to Carla a couple of times and try to make friends, but Carla wasn't having any of it. Eventually, Carla had the crisis with Liam and when Leanne tried to make friends again, they both realised that they're close whether they like it or not. Leanne's a good confidante and says it how it is. I think it really works actually."

Would you like to see Carla's brother Darren turn up in Weatherfield?
"Yeah, for sure. I think she's got a brother who's absolutely brilliant with her. I think he'll be stunningly charming, but a complete minger inside. He'll be as rough as old boots because Carla's mum was rough, too. Carla's from a really rough family, but she's tried to put all that behind her. It'd be good to have someone there like Darren who wants to sponge off her or embarrass her all the time. Or maybe he just loves her to death and idolises the ground she walks on? I also think Carla could have a sister that she's not spoken to for years."

When are you due to finish filming?
"Around Christmas time."

Can you give us any clues as to how Carla's going to leave?
"No way, José! "

You must be proud to have become such an established character in such a relatively short period of time?
"Yeah, it's brilliant. I've been really fortunate to have storyline after storyline. I suppose the sad thing about that is that my boys keep leaving me! I don't think that's anything to do with me, though! It's been great to play, every which way. It's allowed me to show a bit of range, which is always good in a soap. All the storylines I've had just keep adding new layers to Carla as a character."

tammyy2j
04-12-2008, 16:33
Coronation Street producers have cast a new factory boss to replace Carla Connor when actress Alison King departs for maternity leave in the New Year.

Mancunian actor Craig Kelly - most noted for his role as Vince Tyler in Queer As Folk - will play cool-headed charmer Luke Strong, one of Carla's (Alison King) former business associates.

As Carla and Tony's (Gray O'Brien) marriage begins to break down at the start of next year, Carla decides enough is enough and escapes Weatherfield, leaving Tony and the rest of the Street's residents oblivious as to her whereabouts.

Tony gets the shock of his life, however, when Luke turns up at Underworld and announces that Carla has left him in charge while she is away. Luke quickly becomes a hit with the factory girls and soon makes the decision to buy Carla's 60% majority shareholding in the business, much to Tony's dismay.

A spokesperson for the ITV soap said: "It looks like Tony may have met his match in Luke Strong. He’s a bit of a mystery man and Tony doesn't know what his motives are for buying into the business or how he knows Carla. Luke is certainly going to make things difficult for Mr Gordon."

Kelly, who can also be heard narrating Channel 4's desert island reality show Shipwrecked, begins filming in the New Year and will first appear on screen in February.

Alison King is due to finish filming and commence her maternity leave just before Christmas.

Anyone know when she leaves on screen and her exit storyline?

Debbie Meadows
08-12-2008, 14:09
I think she leaves on screen around February time

lizann
18-12-2008, 14:35
Carla Connor threatens Rosie Webster after discovering she has spilled the beans about her affair with Liam.

Carla’s killer husband Tony is forced to come clean to her that he knows about the fling.

And he reveals that Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 18) told him everything.

Carla (Alison King, 35) has been paying to keep her quiet.

So she marches into the factory, grabs Rosie, and warns her she has made the biggest mistake of her life.

lizann
28-12-2008, 22:48
Killer Tony Gordon goes on a booze bender when wife Carla finally admits she will never love him as much as Liam Connor.

After confessing all about her fling with Liam and how no man will ever measure up to him, Carla packs her bags and walks out.

And she even refuses to tell Tony – played by Gray O’Brien, 40 – where she is going or whether she will ever return.

Tony was behind the hit-and-run killing of Liam (Rob James-Collier, 31) and is devastated when the plan to rid himself of his love rival and have Carla all to himself spectacularly backfires.

He now realises that he may never see her again.

After drowning his sorrows in whisky in the Rovers, drunken Tony tells anyone who will listen: “How can I compete with a corpse? Liam’s like James Dean and Kurt Cobain.

“If you want a woman’s love you’ve obviously got to die young while you’re still idolised”

Then, sarcastically raising his glass to Liam, Tony says: “Blessed be the name of Liam – the love of my wife’s life.”

But after days locked away in a booze-drenched depression, Tony comes out fighting.

Marching into the office they once shared and referring to Carla’s desk and belongings, Tony barks: “Box up all that junk and bin everything in this place to do with Carla.”

Carla’s disappearing trick will explain the absence of actress Alison King, 35, who quits in January to start her maternity leave.

Talking of her plans for a booze-free Christmas, Alison laughed: “I’ll be with my boyfriend Adam and his mum in London, rather than just outside Manchester, where we have moved into a new house.

“I give Adam a stocking with money and a tangerine in the bottom and I have to have one too. If I wake up and there’s not a heavy stocking on my foot I get the right hump!

“I’ll miss my usual tipple of Jack Daniel’s at Christmas. I’ll treat myself to one glass of mulled wine but after that it will be orange juice all the way!”

Emmie
29-12-2008, 00:02
Aww Alison king is due soon, even in the episodes now you can tell she is huge, and you only get to see chest up to hide he bump and wen u do see more shes always got loads of layers of a big coat or somthing x

Perdita
25-01-2009, 15:25
We've known for a while now that Coronation Street's Alison King is to take a break from the ITV soap to give birth to her first child with boyfriend Adam Huckett. She actually finished filming just before Christmas and is now enjoying a nice relax.

However, her screen character Carla Gordon is still residing in Weatherfield, where she's becoming more and more frustrated with 'fruit loop' Maria Connor's (Samia Smith) ongoing accusations of murder towards Tony (Gray O'Brien). Following Jed's reappearance on the Cobbles next week, though, Carla soon begins to question her husband's innocence.

In a fortnight's time, Carla digs a little deeper into Tony's dealings and finally plucks up the courage to confront him. As she walks into Underworld, she's surprised that it's empty - apart from Tony, who bolts the door behind her. After a bitter confrontation, Tony's carefully weaved web of deceit snaps around him as he's goaded into confessing to Liam's murder. As a storm rages over Weatherfield, Carla begins to fear for her own safety and looks for a way out of the factory.

When Wiki (Wanda Opalinska) appears at Underworld to let them both know that she's returning to Poland, Carla seizes the opportunity to make a run for it. Panicking that he's about to lose his one true love, Tony rushes outside in the hope of preventing Carla from leaving. As you can see from my pictures below, his attempts result in a somewhat ironic turn of events.

So goodbye for now, Carla. Alison King will be returning to filming towards the back end of this year. In her absence, though, we have new factory boss Luke Strong to look forward to. Luke is to be played by Queer as Folk actor and Shipwrecked narrator Craig Kelly. Last week, I caught up with Craig to chat about his new role and I have to say I'm really looking forward to his arrival. From what he told me, his character's going to be the new, strong alpha male on the Street who's successful in everything he does and has a keen eye for the ladies.

tammyy2j
26-01-2009, 11:03
Carla Gordon flees for her life after husband Tony confesses to murdering her lover Liam.

But Tony is prepared to do anything to stop her leaving – even clinging on to the bonnet of her car.

The truth finally comes out after twisted Tony discovers Carla has been to see henchman Jimmy Dockerson.

Determined to get to the bottom of Liam’s death, Carla grills Jimmy about her husband in a bid to find out whether he is capable of murder.

Tony, who paid Jimmy to kill Liam in a hit-and-run, confronts Carla when she returns to the factory. And he admits he had to get rid of Liam to guarantee his future with her.

Following his confession, Carla starts to fear for her own safety and runs out of the factory. She jumps into her car but as she’s driving off Tony leaps on to the bonnet.

A Corrie insider said: “Carla finally sees what Tony is really like and she’s as scared as hell.

“He’s like a man possessed when it comes to her.

“She can’t believe it when he calmly tells her why he murdered Liam.

“All she knows is she has to get out of the factory and away from him.”

Tony has so far managed to convince friends and family he’s not a baddie – despite claims from Liam’s widow Maria, who has regularly accused him of murder.

But Tony has managed to make her look like a mad woman.

Find out whether Carla escapes from Tony on ITV1 a week on Friday.

Perdita
16-03-2009, 06:07
CORRIE star Alison King may cut short her maternity leave — to commit murder.

Soap bosses are begging her to return as factory femme fatale Carla Gordon in a new dramatic plot.

They want the new mum to become a killer just like her psychotic on-screen husband Tony. But Alison, 35, is still mulling over the early return. She and her Corrie sound technician boyfriend Adam Huckett are currently taking time out from the soap after the birth of their daughter Daisy Mae in February.

The shock new storyline sees Carla turn killer and Corrie chiefs need her back on screen sooner than planned.

A friend told TV Biz: “Alison couldn’t believe it when they asked her to come back early — it’s only weeks since she gave birth.”
The star was even more surprised when told Carla was about to become a killer.

However, she was relieved to discover Carla will only kill in self-defence.

Her character was last seen driving out of Weatherfield.

She had just heard Tony (Gray O’Brien) confess he had her lover Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier) killed in a staged hit-and-run so he could have her to himself.

Under the new storyline, Carla will return early from America where she secretly fled. Coronation Street insiders are keeping tight-lipped about who she will murder.

But they say the plot will involve some of the most exciting Corrie scenes ever.

Gray O'Brien has reportedly signed another contract for a year, so she can't kill him if she comes back early. Wonder who it will be, perhaps Luke who I think might be her brother :hmm:

LostVoodoo
16-03-2009, 13:42
Gray O'Brien has reportedly signed another contract for a year, so she can't kill him if she comes back early. Wonder who it will be, perhaps Luke who I think might be her brother :hmm:

oooh, i like your suspicion! the only person in the street who might know that would be Michelle.

Abbie
16-03-2009, 18:43
whats with all the killing?!

lizann
18-03-2009, 12:06
Obviously Tony would be who she would want to kill :confused:

Perdita
18-03-2009, 12:10
It is meant to be an accidental killing,in self-defence, she is not coming back to murder him. She could have an argument with Luke or Tom or anybody else but at the moment, Tony seems the most likely victim.

miccisy
19-03-2009, 19:29
What about Maria?
If Carla came back n found out Tony n maria were together or summat and tried telling maria about tony killing liam. They have a fight n she ends up killing maria. Just a thought.

02ablake
20-03-2009, 18:43
Carla to return as Corrie killer?
4 days ago

Coronation Street's Carla Gordon may be a ruthless businesswoman, but a killer - surely not?

According to The Sun, Carla, played by Alison King, will return from LA and commit murder in Weatherfield, although a Street spokesman said a number of storylines are being considered for her comeback.

Alison and her boyfriend, Corrie sound technician Adam Huckett, are currently taking a break following the birth of their daughter Daisy Mae last month.

"Lots of storylines are being discussed for Carla's return but it is still a long way off and nothing has been decided," explained a Corrie spokesperson. "Also we'd always honour someone's maternity leave and Alison will decide when she is ready to come back."

One thing we can reveal is Carla's on-screen man Tony is having a tough time without his estranged spouse.

Next Monday (March 23), he and smitten hairdresser Natasha will get up close and personal.

Their fling will leave Maria consumed by the green eyed monster, and she will even warn her lovable colleague off the businessman.

Could Maria and Liam's killer become an item this spring?

Only time will tell.
CARLA WON'T BE COMMING BACK EARLY NOR KILLING ANNOY BODY CAUSE THE ENDING HASN'T EVEN BEEN FINALISED AS YET - JUST THE SUN RAMBLING ON AGAIN!!!!!!!

02ablake
20-03-2009, 18:43
whats with all the killing?!

EAXTLY ITS REPETATIVE AND BORING

lizann
12-06-2009, 16:10
Alison King may cut short her maternity leave — to commit murder.

Soap bosses are begging her to return as factory femme fatale Carla Gordon in a new dramatic plot.

They want the new mum to become a killer just like her psychotic on-screen husband Tony. But Alison, 35, is still mulling over the early return. She and her Corrie sound technician boyfriend Adam Huckett are currently taking time out from the soap after the birth of their daughter Daisy Mae in February.

The shock new storyline sees Carla turn killer and Corrie chiefs need her back on screen sooner than planned.

A friend told TV Biz: “Alison couldn’t believe it when they asked her to come back early — it’s only weeks since she gave birth.”
The star was even more surprised when told Carla was about to become a killer.

However, she was relieved to discover Carla will only kill in self-defence.

Her character was last seen driving out of Weatherfield.

She had just heard Tony (Gray O’Brien) confess he had her lover Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier) killed in a staged hit-and-run so he could have her to himself.

Under the new storyline, Carla will return early from America where she secretly fled. Coronation Street insiders are keeping tight-lipped about who she will murder.

But they say the plot will involve some of the most exciting Corrie scenes ever.

Is she back filiming yet? Any idea when she will be back on screen?

Perdita
12-06-2009, 17:15
I gather she is not coming back early from the producer's comments. It will be autumn before she is back on screen.

Hannelene
14-06-2009, 08:20
That's ages away:crying:

Perdita
21-07-2009, 07:59
It says in a Daily Mail interview with Alison King that she is coming back to Corrie in September :cheer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1200970/Corrie-star-Alison-King-bounces-shape-loses-stone-months-giving-birth.html

02ablake
21-07-2009, 10:35
It says in a Daily Mail interview with Alison King that she is coming back to Corrie in September :cheer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1200970/Corrie-star-Alison-King-bounces-shape-loses-stone-months-giving-birth.html

meaning shes not back on screen till late october, thak god and what a horrible picture, she looks too air brush like a cartoon much prefer the before picture.:)

Perdita
21-07-2009, 10:41
You are right, her 'Now' picture looks awfully unnatural but I am sure she will look better than that on screen.

Perdita
26-07-2009, 07:46
Coronation Street actress Samia Smith has predicted that the return of her co-star Alison King will dramatically shake up life in Weatherfield.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a167243/king-tipped-for-explosive-corrie-comeback.html

Can't wait :cheer:

Chris_2k11
26-07-2009, 12:28
I can't wait to see her reaction to Tony and Maria getting together, its gonna be great!

Hannelene
26-07-2009, 18:13
She looks all airbrushed and fake looking :(
I hope she hasn't had some kind of surgery or altered her looks

Abbie
26-07-2009, 21:23
She doesnt look that bad

walsh2509
27-07-2009, 13:16
I can't wait to see her reaction to Tony and Maria getting together, its gonna be great!

I can't wait to see Maria;s face when she finds out her new Love, did have Liam killed.

I wonder what storyline they will have her leaving under when she goes on maternity leave. Off to Ireland to baby Liam's gran and grandads?

Perdita
27-07-2009, 13:20
She should go to Cyprus, her poor parents have not seen their grandson yet :( Strange that the scriptwriters have not included them, it is their first grandchild, surely one of them should have come to stay with her for a while.

Hannelene
27-07-2009, 13:24
I can see her going to be with her own parents as her in laws and her hardly have a close relationship. Sometimes I feel they care more about the baby then her :(

Perdita
27-07-2009, 13:27
If she would not act the way she does with Tony, her in-laws would treat her with more respect.

Hannelene
27-07-2009, 13:29
I know.
Her in-laws feel like she is dis-honouring their son's memory by having a 'new man' in her life so soon. I doubt the inlaws will ever believe that Liam and Carla had an affair :(

tammyy2j
18-08-2009, 10:43
Alison King returned to filming at Coronation Street this morning, DS can exclusively confirm.

The 36-year-old's character Carla Gordon fled Weatherfield in a whirlwind back in February following her screen husband Tony Gordon's (Gray O'Brien) confession to murdering her lover Liam Connor (Rob-James Collier).

Off screen, however, King took maternity leave after it was announced that she was expecting her first child with her sound technician boyfriend Adam Huckett.

King finished filming in December and only days after her temporary screen departure in February, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl called Daisy Mae.

A Corrie source this morning told DS: "Everyone's really excited to have Ali back on set and she's looking absolutely fantastic.

"Carla left the Street with so many questions unanswered, so we can't wait to see how the storyline unfolds when she finds out that Tony's seeing Maria - the woman he widowed in cold blood."

They added: "Carla's the only one that knows the truth about Liam's death, so will her return spell the beginning of the end for her husband? Or will Tony manage to worm his way out of yet another impossible situation?"

Earlier this year, it was revealed that Gray O'Brien is to take a break from Coronation Street towards the end of the year to fulfil his pantomime commitments. However, it has been confirmed that he will make a comeback in the New Year to film the climax to Tony's story.

King's return will also signal the temporary departure of Samia Smith - who played Maria Connor - as she, too, takes maternity leave to have her first child with her husband Matt.

Carla makes her return to Weatherfield on screen in mid-October.

Hannelene
18-08-2009, 21:29
I really cant wait to see her

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 10:46
I have been waiting for her to return for too long now

Hannelene
23-08-2009, 11:27
I think she is one of the most glamorous women on the street.

GossipGirl
28-08-2009, 21:04
I prefer Marias look

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:28
I love Carla, her look, personality and her zest for life.

Have you guys and girls seen the pics from the christening with Carla making an appearance?

02ablake
05-09-2009, 13:32
I prefer Marias look

i agree marias look is stunning and stylish, even her maternity wear was gorg....

02ablake
05-09-2009, 13:34
I love Carla, her look, personality and her zest for life.

Have you guys and girls seen the pics from the christening with Carla making an appearance?

i have seen them but carla doesn't appear at the chrisning shes near by but tony stops her making a scene and sets jimmy on her. i have read she ends up killing jimmy and thats why shes only back for a week and then a month later at the end of Nov. Carla doesn't tell maria anything when she returns in october.:)

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 13:40
I know I didn't want to spoil it for anyone!

02ablake
05-09-2009, 14:35
I know I didn't want to spoil it for anyone!

oh i though it was common knowledge since the pictures were out. sorry:o

how do you think they will write out maria/tony for samias maternity leave and graays panto leave - i dont think they've been reported as yet!

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 15:10
I don't know maybe Maria heads to Ireland and Tony goes on the run

02ablake
05-09-2009, 15:48
I don't know maybe Maria heads to Ireland and Tony goes on the run

hmm not to sure if maria would got to ireland, i though maybe her parents in cyprus - if tony is on the run why return next year?

will maria evn find out the truth this year?

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 17:03
Yes I forgot about her parents being in Cyprus so maybe she heads out there to be with them.

Maybe Tony is spotted somewhere or someone tracks him down?Now I'm randomly guessing!

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 17:04
Plus if Carla is back and there is supposed to be speculation about Tony's secret being revealed I can see Maria finding out before the end of the year

02ablake
05-09-2009, 21:09
Plus if Carla is back and there is supposed to be speculation about Tony's secret being revealed I can see Maria finding out before the end of the year

well sharoon on this morrnings soap section said a whie back that tonys secret stays a secret but it looks like its because carla ends up leaving again after a few days. Question is will maria/ baby liam even be there or even tony for that matter when she returns on nov 23. i also heard that carla ends up kidnapping baby liam but not sure how true that is. its all quite exciting.:)

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 21:57
Can't see carla being a kidnapper but i guess anything is possible

LalaGaga
06-09-2009, 15:41
Carla is back and she doesn't waste any time getting down to business. Some of Alison King's first scenes after her maternity leave involve Robert Beck who plays Tony's henchman Jimmy. If you will recall, he's the one that ran down Liam and put the fear into Jed Stone as well. Carla confronted both men which led to her putting the pieces together about Liam's murder and Tony's part in it. Now she's back and she means business. In the course of filming the episode where Carla and Jimmy have a struggle, though, the actors got so into it that they fell off a table and Robert ended up with a sprained thumb and Alison got a few bruises, according to the Mirror! But we've also heard that Carla is going to be involved in a murder plot. Jimmy? Tony? Maria? or is that just the unravelling of Liam's murder and making it public? Stay tuned! It'll all unfold next month!

Perdita
07-09-2009, 07:32
Can't wait, I am really looking forward to the upcoming storylines

tammyy2j
07-09-2009, 12:08
Alison King reportedly injured a co-star while enacting a fight scene.

The Coronation Street actress, who plays Carla Connor, sprained Robert Beck's thumb as they fell off a table, reports the Sunday Mirror.

Filming was halted so that Beck, who acts as murderer Jimmy Dockerson, could get his thumb medically treated.

A source said: "It just goes to show how seriously Coronation stars take their work.

"Alison and Rob were determined to get the scene just right so they kept going until the director had exactly what he needed.

"No one was badly hurt and filming will restart next week."

Rumours are Carla kills Jimmy after Tony hires him to kill her

Hannelene
07-09-2009, 20:19
I wonder how she kills him

Perdita
08-09-2009, 05:58
Perhaps he falls/she throws him down some stairs

tammyy2j
08-09-2009, 10:38

maybe she attacks him with her giant lips :lol:

Hannelene
08-09-2009, 19:55
They are not that big I find her quite sexy:love:

02ablake
08-09-2009, 20:44

maybe she attacks him with her giant lips :lol:

Lol even the actress herself has said that she has 'fish lips', never noticed them though.:)

Perdita
09-09-2009, 06:03

I do too, always liked her in the adverts for the washing powder lol

Hannelene
09-09-2009, 06:23

I do too, always liked her in the adverts for the washing powder lol
I'vve had a thing for her since she was in Dream Team :)

GossipGirl
12-09-2009, 10:20
it's exciting but i wish it would start to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perdita
16-10-2009, 06:18
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/interviews/a181154/alison-king-carla-gordon-corrie.html

It's the beginning of the end for Coronation Street's Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) next week when his estranged wife Carla - played by 36-year-old Alison King - walks back into his life on the day of baby Liam's christening. Having heard from Leanne (Jane Danson) that Tony and Maria (Samia Smith) have been playing happy families, Carla returns from her break in LA and issues her husband with an ultimatum - leave Maria and Weatherfield for good or she'll tell the world that he killed Liam last year. Tony, however, calls in his henchman Jimmy Dockerson (Robert Beck) to 'deal' with Carla once and for all. We recently caught up with Alison to chat about her Corrie comeback, how the storyline plays out and more.

How does it feel to be back at Corrie?
"It really is the strangest thing - you just walk in and it was nice saying hello to everybody in the green room and stuff but all of a sudden you're on set. It was just me mainly at the start, so apart from one scene with Rob - who plays Jimmy - it was just me and the crew in my flat, so it was brilliant - and really, really funny. Banter as usual and you're like, 'But that is my first day, is nobody going to make a fuss?' and of course nobody does because they're all onto the next scene."

You're back for a short period then you're going off again – how do all the dates work out? When will we see you?
"I'm back on screen for two weeks and a lot happens. Then I'm off screen for about three weeks and then full steam ahead. I'm back filming full-time now, though."

Your return's quite a seminal point in the storyline, too…
"It sparks the beginning of the end for Tony and where I stand with it all. It's all about whether I tell anyone about Tony killing Liam. It's big stuff. If everybody does find out - which I'm sure they will - my name will be muck and I'm going to be on my own again. I don't know who they're going to get for me to play with because unless my brother gets out of prison I'm going to be hated by everyone again!"

Where's Carla been?
"She's been to LA - and there have been about six million references to LA in case you'd forgotten where Carla was! I think she's been with an old school friend. So the one person she's kept in touch with apart from the Connors has a place in LA, so she runs off to visit her any time she's got a problem, which is nice."

What's her motive for returning?
"I think it's just Carla saying, 'I miss the urban grime, I'm sick of wall to wall sunshine'. No, in all seriousness, I think she's probably sick of hiding. You know how it's great to go on holiday but she's made a few roots in Weatherfield and she doesn't have many, so I presume that she does miss the urban life. It's everything she's built up. That's her only empire and she was quite good at it so she can't believe that Tony's holding off contacting her. She's had a bit of time to get some balls back, too."

She returns for baby Liam's christening…
"I think Leanne told her about Maria, so that's probably one of the factors for why she's back. I don't know whether she's heard about the christening or not but she's probably thought, 'I can't let this go on'. But at the same time, she's thought of a beneficial way it might suit her to get the factory back."

Where do we first see her?
"We see her at the graveside in hooded Scottish widow-type fashion! I think it reads like she's arranged to meet him there, which is all quite gruesome, but quite poignant I suppose. I guess in storyline terms, we're near Liam's death so it would be nice if it were all dark and mysterious. I think it's just a reference to his death and that's the place to make him feel under most pressure I guess. My first words when I see him are, 'You're late'. It just goes to show that Carla's completely in control when she comes back - the ball's in her court."

How does Tony react?
"Carla tells him, 'Stop doing what you're doing with Maria or I'll tell her, everybody else and the police that you killed Liam'. She's not going to make it easy for him but he's pretty manipulative himself and whether it's going to be the easy or the hard way you'll have to wait and find out…"

What do you make of Tony and Maria?
"With Maria, Tony has what he's always wanted with Carla. Tony and Maria are the leftovers - they're what Carla and Liam didn't really want. Tony'll be damned if he's going to let Carla screw it up now he's worked so hard to get where he wants. But it's sick - he can't carry on that way forever, not in Coronation Street."

Then there's a shock turn of events involving Jimmy…
"Yeah, the fight… I think Tony says something like, 'I want her dead'. Tony wants Carla out of the way and Carla wants him out of the way, so I keep arranging to meet him but he doesn't show up and I'm left with this skulky figure of Jimmy standing in front of me. Carla ends up fighting for her life and there's an amazing twist, too. It just shifts the control again. The ball's in Tony's court… Tony's so controlling of Carla and in her panic, she has to flee again."

[B]Ali King on being a new mum, Tony and more!
Friday, October 16 2009, 00:02 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Hands up who's excited about Carla Gordon's return?

*raises hand*

I certainly am! From what I've seen and read, it looks to be nothing short of awesome as Alison King's comeback as Carla marks the beginning of the end for Weatherfield's knicker boss Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien). There's a great twist at the end of the week and if it plays out like I've heard it does, it adds a brilliant gloss to the plot.

Recently, I was lucky enough to catch up with Ali King, my favourite Coronation Street actress, to chat about her return to work, being a new mum, why Carla's so popular, Carla's possible boyfriend in LA and a hilarious potential lover on the cobbles.

What's it feel like to be a new mum?
"Daisy's just here sitting on my knee - she loves the phone, she'll probably try to eat it in a moment! I blew dry her hair last night and she loves that, too. She comes out of the bath and it's all wet - she's not got much at the minute. She loves it when I blow dry my hair, so I put it on this low heat and blew dry her hair into this spiky quiff, it's hilarious and it's kept for today! She looks brilliant.

"Being a new mum runs over you like a steamroller at first. I was working quite hard up until the birth and then the birth resulted in an operation - I had to have an emergency C-section. Then it's just pure hard work and I never realised it would be this hard! The sleep deprivation is just exhausting but she's excellent and so funny now. She's worth everything."

Was it hard to leave her at home and return to work?
"Oh yeah. When I went back to film Carla's return, it was the first time I'd been away all day from her, but it makes it doubly nice when you do come home. I was racing to get home before she went to bed and when I got in, she was upstairs having her nappy changed. She's got really good hearing. When I came in she had this massive attack of excitement that normally only happens when daddy walks in the room, so I was really pleased!"

Have you taken Daisy into the studios yet?
"I took her in a few months ago but she's entered a new phase of life where she's so alert and the different things that have been dangling in front of her for the whole five or six months have now just taken on a whole new world. She's excited by everything. I'm going to take her onto the Street again, and even though she won't understand it, she'll get a whole lot of attention."

Does Carla still have any feelings for Tony?
"No. I think it's complete disdain and he's a piece of poo on her shoe now. She's really got it in for him and what's even more sick and twisted is the fact he's with Maria. It just makes Carla feel a little bit sick. I suppose she's a little bit jealous because Carla wouldn't be Carla unless she had all the attention, would she? It just doesn't make any sense to Carla and she's had all this time to think… She's probably got a boyfriend in LA, actually - they could bring him over! He could be called Frank the Yank!"

Who else on the Street do you think Carla would set her sights on?
"It can't be Steve McDonald and it can't be... There's actually nobody for her! I always thought - and it made me giggle - that her and Dev could make a ridiculous couple. But actually, I think she's just got to have a bit of fun next time - that could be the way forward. I know she likes being looked after but she's done that twice now and it's gone horribly wrong, both with Paul and Tony. Her true love was Liam and he wasn't 'all that', was he? He didn't have cash to flash around."

Do you think Carla Gordon's the new Elsie Tanner?
"[Laughs] Full steam ahead! I just wish I had some of those blouses and her pointy boobs - they were brilliant!"

Why do you think fans love Carla so much?
"I don't know… I think a lot of women like her ego and she's quite real. She's quite gobby but also quite driven. Everyone would like to be a bit like that - to be able to say exactly what they want, when they want and walk with their heads held high and their high heels on down the street jangling their keys and going, 'Oh, get lost - I don't care what you think!' I had a woman come up to me once who said, 'I like Carla, she keeps it real!'"

Kim Crowther promised that Carla will come into her own in the new year…
"I've no idea what's happening! Carla's got nowhere to hide now and I think she'll do things to save herself at first, which will make everybody hate her. So with that and how damaged she already is, you're going to see more of a bitch than we have done - and I think that's probably what they all need in the factory."

Hannelene
17-10-2009, 09:08
Can't wait to see her back again I so love this woman!

tammyy2j
19-10-2009, 10:50
Carla kills Jimmy and Tony tells her they are even as both have murdered or ordered a murder

I think Tony covers up Jimmy's murder for Carla

parkerman
19-10-2009, 12:18
Slight difference between self-defence and pre-meditated murder though.

Hannelene
19-10-2009, 19:57
I never realised Carla did this :(

Perdita
20-10-2009, 06:06
Perhaps Tony kills Jimmy when he comes to Carla's rescue after changing his mind about her being killed?

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 08:30
Do you think Tony would prevent Jimmy killing Carla? Does he still have feelings for Carla? Eventhough she is willing to break up his now happy home?

Perdita
20-10-2009, 08:52
I imagine that Tony is feeling mighty confused at the moment. Carla went quite a while ago, he has moved on but how much of that is through guilt? For Carla to all of a sudden stand there before him must be quite unnerving.

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 09:02
It would unsettle him but he must know she is not going to back down. She will want to see him pay for killing Liam the love of her life

tammyy2j
20-10-2009, 14:12
Tony Gordon orders a hit on ex-wife Carla Connor after she dramatically returns to the Street intent on getting revenge.

But as our picture shows it’s not the sexy factory boss who ends up dead... but Tony’s nasty henchman Jimmy Dockerson.

Twisted Jimmy turns up at Carla’s flat with only one thing on his mind – killing her. And it doesn’t take long for the feisty babe to realise it was Jimmy who murdered her former lover Liam.

She immediately grabs a candlestick in an attempt to ward him off – but he pins her down on the table.

Fighting for her life, Carla manages to get away by biting him on the arm. But once again Jimmy gets the better of her and starts to throttle her.

Just as she seems cornered, Tony bursts into the flat and distracts the hitman, allowing Carla to crack him on the head with the candlestick.

A Coronation Street insider said: “As soon as Carla has hit him Jimmy slumps to the ground.

“There is a lot of blood coming from the wound.

“Tony checks his pulse and there isn’t one. Jimmy is dead.

“He then turns to Carla and tells her that he’s not leaving the country and that they are now even.

“Carla is in a right state when she realises what she’s done.

“Tony manipulates the situation to his advantage and forces her to keep her mouth shut or else they’ll both end up in prison.

“But this is only the beginning of a really dramatic plotline.

02ablake
20-10-2009, 16:17
Well its not hard for tony to manipulate carla is it - the stupid woman should have gone straight to the police instead she disappears for months on end and when she return she blackmails him for her own personal gain. Nevermind a murder living on a street unbeknown to his victims!!!!!!

alan45
20-10-2009, 16:31
Personally I wish Carla the Clothes Horse had not come back. Tony is a much better character than she ever was. I know its not right that he should get off with killing Liam but its a pity the producers couldnt find a way of keeping him on the Street,

If he lived on Albert Square he would be a folk hero and even the police would be scared of him.

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 16:40
I feel a little torn I am happy to have Carla back but not pleased that with her back it could mean the lost of Tony Gordon :(
Tony is a great character and I haven't been into Corrie this much since Richard Hillman was in it.
I feel once Tony is gone what purpose will Carla have on the street? Will the other residents be able to forgive her for knowing for so long what Tony did to Liam?

02ablake
20-10-2009, 17:05
Personally I wish Carla the Clothes Horse had not come back. Tony is a much better character than she ever was. I know its not right that he should get off with killing Liam but its a pity the producers couldnt find a way of keeping him on the Street,

If he lived on Albert Square he would be a folk hero and even the police would be scared of him.

Same, i much prefer tony to carla, but theres no way they'll let him get away with it!!

Hannelene
21-10-2009, 16:03
I wished they would find a way to keep Tony around as he is a good character in some ways a better actor then Carla

Perdita
21-10-2009, 19:43
I wished they would find a way to keep Tony around as he is a good character in some ways a better actor then Carla

:nono: Absolutely not :)

02ablake
21-10-2009, 20:01

Gray O'brien is an exception actor and im sure when he leaves corrie he'll go onto big things. I wish he could stay in corrie too, i'd take him over carla any day and night of the week!!!

Perdita
26-02-2010, 12:34
ELLY bosses have had to explain the lines in their scripts to dopey cast members to make sure they understand what they're saying.

We can reveal that in one scene, scriptwriters used the phrase "post coital bliss".

Minx Carla Connor lies seductively in bed following an X-rated romp with sexy binman Trevor Dean.

But fearing the cast would have no clue what it meant, the writers added a line warning the actors: "Post Coital Bliss is not the name of Carla's perfume."

And they had to explain what the phrase meant.

In the scene to be screened in April, Carla, pictured right, is dismayed when Trevor (Steve Jackson, 35) feels guilty that he should have been having a fish and chip supper with his lodger Janice Battersby (Vicky Entwistle, 41).

Carla, played by Alison King, 36, tells him: "Let's get this right.

"Instead of your fish and chips with Janice, you had a wild night of passion with me.

"Correct me if I'm wrong here Trev, but most people would call that a result!"

Daily Star

Chris_2k11
26-02-2010, 13:55
Dunno what they all see in this binman

tammyy2j
26-02-2010, 13:58
i think its acting lessons alot of them need

Dazzle
26-02-2010, 16:07
I can't believe they had to explain "post coital bliss" to them :eek:

lizann
01-03-2010, 11:43

me either

annette_tr9
01-03-2010, 12:47

i know he's rubbish.................

i'll get me coat.............

alan45
19-03-2010, 15:57
Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that she can understand why her character is attracted to binman Trevor Dean.

Weatherfield newcomer Trevor, played by actor Steve Jackson, has become Carla Connor's latest love interest after making his debut on the cobbles earlier this year.

In an interview with This Morning today, King argued that Trevor is "gorgeous" and that Carla deserves a hassle-free romance following her previous troubles.

The actress explained: "It's anybody's guess how long it will last, but he's a good-looking guy, a nice guy and he's uncomplicated - which, let's face it, after everything's she's been through is kind of what she needs.

"How long that will last, who knows, and also she might try and spruce him up or something. He'd look pretty good in a tux, I think!"

She added: "I think for the side of her that loves drama, she's now got Nick Tilsley, who's her sparring partner."

Carla has previously dated villain Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

Dazzle
19-03-2010, 17:00
I can't see it lasting with Trevor - Nick's much more her type.

Perdita
19-03-2010, 17:35
Janice is going to get together with him, so no, it will not last

alan45
12-04-2010, 11:31
Coronation Street star Alison King has revealed that she wants Carla Connor to continue having a complex love life.

The actress's feisty character has recently begun a relationship with binman Trevor Dean, played by actor Steve Jackson.

However, in an interview with the Glasgow Sunday Mail, King claimed that the soap's writers should spice things up by coming up with a twist involving Carla's new Underworld partner Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

She explained: "There is definitely chemistry to be had. Nick's wrapped up in the business at the moment and he's stressed out. If anything, Carla stresses him out even more at the moment.

"There's a twinkle and they probably find each other attractive but at the moment, he finds her annoying and she doesn't trust him. But I think there's room for that to change and be more like Moonlighting - a sort of Cybill Shepherd/Bruce Willis type relationship.

"I don't want her relationship with Trevor to become boring. I think she's better being spicy. I think it has to be complicated by Nick somehow."

Carla has previously been in relationships with twisted Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

alan45
25-05-2010, 00:30
Carla Connor's worst fears are about to become reality during next week's dramatic Coronation Street screenings as her husband Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) escapes from prison and is hellbent on revenge. In what have become the soap's most expensive ever episodes, Tony stages an escape with the help of his newly-released cellmate Robbie. Carla, however, falls prey to Robbie's businessman façade and finds herself bound and gagged in a desolate Underworld with Hayley Cropper by her side - and Tony looming over them. Here, DS favourite Alison King chats about the gripping bank of 9pm eps, including Tony's return, the bruise-inducing stunts and who survives - if anyone...

Apparently your schedule's been manic recently!
"I'm knackered! I could do with a couple of weeks off! I'm just delirious and giddy!"

What did you think of Tony's return story when you first heard about it?
"I thought, 'That's dragging it out a bit!' (Laughs). No, I thought when he went to prison [that it wouldn't be the end]. If anyone can escape from prison, it's Tony Gordon. You just know when he manages to get out that he's got an even bigger screw lose that he had before. It makes great television and I'm really pleased to be part of it. It's nice to wrap it all up, too."

What was it like to have Gray back on set again?
"It was fantastic. We enjoy working with each other and we have a set way of working together - reading the scripts three times, rehearsing and doing everything in advance. There was a lot of pressure filming these scenes and he was just brilliant. We had to get it done in the time we had and because of that, we had to lean on each other quite a lot."

Were you injured filming this stunt? Last time you ended up covered in bruises during the fight with Jimmy Dockerson…
"Oh I've got loads of bruises! I'm covered in them - my arms, my legs, my ankles - knackered and battered. During the first stage of filming, I had some kind of reaction to the make-up or the fake soot - or maybe both combined! - and my eye popped out like I had a sty which started blistering, so I thought, 'Oh, brilliant'. Because we did it all back to front, we had to make my face look [like it was puffed up] for the final scenes which shot, which are the first ones to be shown, if that make sense! Over the course of the weekend, I had one big black eye and it looked like Adam [Huckett, my boyfriend] had beaten me up! It was hilarious! Now I have a bad cold, so it's not nice!"

What's Tony back for?
"We don't know to start with. We've no idea who or what he's back for but Carla's just petrified that he's out. The last time she saw him, he sent Jimmy after her to try and kill her!"

How does Carla first learn of Tony's escape?
"She's had a really, really stressful few weeks in the factory and it starts to build and build. Carla slowly becomes unhinged and with Nick Tilsley not being any help whatsoever, she starts to lose it. The final straw comes when two policemen wander in to inform her that Tony's escaped from prison. She is scared, but true to form, she just gets on with things, so she ends up going to The Rovers and back to the flat with Trevor."

How does Carla end up becoming a hostage?
"She's lost a lot of money recently and then a 'businessman' wanders in saying that he can help sell all her unsold stock from the Rickson order on the markets. That person isn't all he makes out to be and she ends up being held captive by him in the factory - and she learns that he's Tony's accomplice, Robbie [played by James Fleet]. And he has a gun…"

Are you surprised that she fell for Robbie's story? Usually Carla's quite an attentive woman…
"Business always comes first with Carla!"

Did you have many action scenes across the two weeks?
"I was gaffa-taped for a little while and tied up for most of it. My wrist was sore at the end! It was a different experience anyway, acting for two weeks with your hands tied behind your back on a chair. Kim Marsh was like, 'You loved it!'"

Do you think Carla still has any feelings for Tony?
"No, not at all. She has feelings of hate and disgust for him. She can't stand his guts. The love she once had for him has turned into complete revulsion. He not only killed the love of her life, he's tried to have her killed, too. On top of that, he's continuously lied to her and got with Maria. So yeah, she has no feelings for him whatsoever!"

Who else ends up trapped inside with Carla?
"Hayley and Maria are trapped inside with Robbie and Tony. Some get out - and some don't…"

At any point, does Carla think that Tony would kill her?
"Absolutely. She tries to use everything she knows about Tony against him - tries to play him, manipulate him and push his buttons, but when that doesn't work she realises that Tony's not all there. Carla just cracks and breaks down. She resigns herself to the fact that it's the end - she's fighting for her life."

Any clues as to who dies?
"You'll have to tune in! Put it this way, two people come out in body bags…"

Coronation Street's Siege Week airs all next week from Monday, May 31 at 7pm and 9pm, then nightly at 9pm on ITV1.

alan45
25-05-2010, 00:31
I recently caught up with one of my favourite soap actresses, Alison King, to have a good ol' natter about next week's impressive-looking Siege Week in Coronation Street.

I've not seen the episodes yet, so can't pass judgement, but as I mentioned on Sunday, I think these will be some of the most outstanding episodes in recent years.

I should be able to reveal more about them later in the week.

Until then, here's a selection of bonus quotes from my time with Alison. Click here for the main part of the interview.

Samia's been back for Siege Week, too - has it been nice to have another mum on set?
"Yeah, it's lovely. You go through so many different things [as a mum] and it was really nice to see her. She's doing really, really well - I'm very jealous! Jane [Danson] and I talk a lot about babies, too."

Are you looking forward to being involved in Corrie's 50th celebrations?
"Definitely. We're hearing about bits and bobs going on around the 50th but we have no idea what they're doing storyline-wise yet. Phil [Collinson's] just come in, so we're starting to hear about our storylines for the next year."

Will you be pressing for your brother Darren to join?
"Yeah - I say this every time but nothing happens! I hope Darren does come out of prison to stay with Carla. I'd love it if Darren turns up and gets off with Michelle!"

What was your reaction when you heard that Steve Jackson - Trevor The Binman - was leaving?
"Trevor's not been here long enough for Carla to try out properly, but I love Steve, so I'm gutted."

Carla's running out of choices with men really, isn't she?
"There never has been [much choice], really! They always have to bring some little minx in for her. It's quite nice that they've put her with Trevor this time, though - someone a little like Liam. That's what she should look for. She just needs a happy medium between psychotic (Tony) or someone who's up their own **** (Liam)! And Nick's being a crazed stress head, so Carla can't see a nice bone in his body."

Are you hoping that Phil will cast some dreamy character for you?
"I'm sure he will! Maybe she should stay off men for a bit? Maybe she'll start on women! Carla and Michelle?!"

Have you managed to strike a balance between work and home life since having Daisy?
"It's crazy! When you say you're not working enough and you're just looking after a baby, it all of a sudden goes mad for about 12 weeks. Then you're working all day and then looking after a baby on a night and at weekends. You'll never be happy! In an ideal world, it'd be great if it was all spaced out but it doesn't work like that. As much as you moan, we're just really happy to be working in such a great job that we enjoy."

How is Daisy?
"She's wicked. She's 15 months now and has a toddly run. She's doing lots of animal sounds and has started saying a few words. It's very, very cute."

Has she seen you on television yet?
"Yeah, but she gets quite confused about that. She looks at the television, then looks at me and giggles!"

Do you think she'll be following your footsteps into the acting world?
"She's quite theatrical and loves music - maybe she'll be a DJ…"

What did you think when you heard about the recent departures?
"Gutted. For a week or so, everyone was really down in the green room. But that's the way it is every few years. It gives you a rain-check and reminds you that your contract's only as long as your contract and you can't take any longer than that for granted, just like they can't. We have the opportunity to go when we want, so it's only right that they're able to change the cast when they feel the need to. It's not a reflection on anyone's work, it's all about the direction of a show. We're just bloody lucky to be in this job for five years, let alone ten!"

alan45
27-05-2010, 01:00
TERRIFIED Underworld queen Carla Connor looks ready to snap as she levels a gun at twisted husband Tony Gordon.
She's been locked in her knicker factory by the crazed Corrie murderer (Gray O'Brien) - who is determined she will die in flames along with innocent Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh).

Actress Alison King, 37, who plays Carla, did her own stunts for the upcoming episode and learnt to handle a gun.

She said: "Filming the siege got more and more exhausting but firing the gun was a real rush and it keeps you going."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2988999/Carla-Connor-aims-a-gun-at-husband-Tony-Gordon-on-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz0p5Dx664k

Perdita
27-05-2010, 16:50
Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that the soap's recent run of cast changes reminded her not to take her job for granted.

The Weatherfield serial's new producer Phil Collinson has announced the departures of a number of characters over the past few weeks, including Claire and Ashley Peacock (Julia Haworth and Steven Arnold), Natasha Blakeman (Rachel Leskovac) and King's screen love interest Trevor Dean (Steve Jackson).

Speaking in an interview with DS, King confessed that she felt "gutted" when she was first told about the shake-up.

She commented: "For a week or so, everyone was really down in the green room. But that's the way it is every few years. It gives you a rain-check and reminds you that your contract's only as long as your contract and you can't take any longer than that for granted, just like they can't.

"We have the opportunity to go when we want, so it's only right that they're able to change the cast when they feel the need to. It's not a reflection on anyone's work, it's all about the direction of a show. We're just bloody lucky to be in this job for five years, let alone ten!"

King's character Carla Connor will return to the forefront of the programme next week as she is held captive by ex-husband Tony Gordon in a dramatic siege storyline.

Perdita
27-07-2010, 10:24
Coronation Street's Carla Connor will reportedly battle a drinking problem.

The Underworld boss, played by Alison King, struggles to cope with events including the death of Tony Gordon and turns to alcohol, reports The Sun.

King was pictured filming a visit to alcoholics anonymous after Connor begins drinking before breakfast.

An insider told the paper: "She sees Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) at the meeting and backs out, pretending she is meant to be in a Spanish class next door."

Corrie producer Phil Collinson previously told DS that viewers would be seeing "a lot" of Carla who he praised as a "very significant, complicated character".

lizann
27-07-2010, 10:30
Its a bit too soon after Peter's storyline

Perdita
27-07-2010, 10:39
I disagree, Carla and Peter can bounce off each other because unless you have a drink problem yourself, it is difficult to really understand somebody who has. We could see one failing and being supported by the other; I think there is loads of potential in this.

lizann
27-07-2010, 10:40
I disagree, Carla and Peter can bounce off each other because unless you have a drink problem yourself, it is difficult to really understand somebody who has. We could see one failing and being supported by the other; I think there is loads of potential in this.

As long as Carla dont have an affair with Peter which is what I could see the writers doing

alan45
27-07-2010, 10:55
As long as Carla dont have an affair with Peter which is what I could see the writers doing

Whats the betting that will happen. Soaps are so predictable

Chloe O'brien
27-07-2010, 11:05
An there will be the predictable cat fight in the street with Leanne and Carla.

Dazzle
27-07-2010, 16:05
It will be good to see Carla's vulnerable side - something we haven't seen much of.

corrielover
27-07-2010, 21:13
I can not wait for this storyline!!!! :D

I love Carla!!! :D

I would actually love to see Peter help Carla through her problem and then get together with her!!! :D

But hopefully Leanne and Peter will split before this happens because Leanne and Carla are brilliant friends! :)
And after liam died Carla would know to not have another affair.

I think it is going to be brilliant :D

tammyy2j
28-07-2010, 12:05
Peter should stay with Leanne they are great together

I wish Carla would leave

corrielover
02-08-2010, 13:43
I am thinking that if she doesn't get with Peter then she will get with Nick.

I think that Michelle, Peter and Leanne are the ones that will help her through it. :D

But even though I would like to see her with Peter, she would be better suited to Nick and it would be better to watch her with Nick than with Peter. :)

Dazzle
02-08-2010, 16:15
Yeah, Carla would make a good pairing with Nick. They hate each other at the moment, which is always a good start to a soap relationship. :D

corrielover
02-08-2010, 16:22
:D Always a good start

corrielover
03-08-2010, 16:13
Just heard that Carla and Peter are gong to have an affair! :O

Dazzle
03-08-2010, 16:25

Where did you hear that?

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 16:30

And this pushes Leanne back to Nick :thumbsdow

corrielover
03-08-2010, 16:54
Phil Collinson said so in one of the soap magazines...
I don't mind them getting together but i deffo think that she would be better with Nick.

lizann
04-08-2010, 10:07
Leanne and Peter are a great couple and arent they to get hitched this year?

Perdita
04-08-2010, 10:34
Yes, Leanne proposed and he accepted and I believe the wedding is meant to be part of the 50th anniversary, so I guess a Christmas wedding might be on the cards, probably another hurdle the young couple have to get over before happiness can be enjoyed for a couple of weeks.

Perdita
08-09-2010, 05:54
CORRIE vamp Carla Connor will be nabbed for drink driving - in a warning to motorists about the perils of alcohol this Christmas.
The sexy knicker factory boss, played by Alison King, 37, will be pulled over after downing champagne at the opening night of Nick Tilsley's new bar.

Carla fails the test and is hauled down to the police station. She is then fast-tracked through the courts and has her licence taken away.

Viewers will have seen Carla stay on the wagon after realising she was drinking too much and becoming an alcoholic.

But at the party she becomes depressed when she sees happy couples everywhere - and turns to the bubbly.

After her arrest, Carla is picked up by Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) then breaks down realising how a ban will affect her ability to run her business - which has only just recovered since ex Tony Gordon burned it down.

A Coronation Street insider told Tv Biz: "Carla's drink driving will be portrayed sensitively.

"But we hope the message of how easy it is to fall foul of the drink-drive laws, especially at that time of the year, will hit home to viewers.

"Last year we used Peter Barlow and his own problems as a warning about drink driving and this year we're using Carla.

"If we manage to stop even a handful of people from being tempted then we'll have done our job."

The Sun

Perdita
08-09-2010, 21:08
CORRIE'S Carla Connor is horrified when Peter Barlow picks her up from the police station more drunk than she is.

The sexy knicker factory boss, played by Alison King, calls on ex-alcoholic Peter to pick her up following her arrest for drink-driving. But she's horrified to find that he too has fallen off the wagon and is in no fit state to drive.

Carla began her battle with the bottle after her ex-husband Tony tried to kill them both and set their business Underworld on fire. And she can't hide her devastation when a sozzled Barlow (played by Chris Gascoyne) comes to collect her and promptly falls over.

She then breaks down realising how losing her license will affect her ability to run her business.

Corrie bosses are keen to send a stark warning to motorists about the perils of alcohol abuse this Christmas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3130395/Drunk-Barlow-bails-out-Carla.html

Perdita
09-09-2010, 05:51
IT'S a right Corrie on when sexy knicker factory boss Carla Connor gets nicked for drink-driving.

She asks Peter Barlow to collect her from the police station - but he arrives more sloshed than she is.

Ex-alcoholic Peter doesn't just fall off the wagon.

The boozed-up bookie also tumbles over at Carla's feet, leaving her none too amused.

Carla (Alison King) is arrested after downing too much champagne when Nick Tilsley opens a new bar.

But the upcoming farcical scenes have a serious side.

Corrie bosses want to send a stark warning about the dangers of drink-driving this Christmas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3130879/Corries-sexy-knicker-factory-boss-Carla-Connor-nicked-for-drink-driving.html

alan45
09-09-2010, 08:33
Coronation Street's sexy knicker factory boss Carla Connor shows her fury when Peter Barlow arrives to pick her up from the police station following her drink-drive arrest - to find he's more drunk than she is.
Carla - played by Alison King, 37 - calls on former alcoholic Peter to collect her from Weatherfield Police after she's done for driving under the influence.
But in scenes that were shot at a police station in Manchester yesterday, when he arrives, it quickly becomes apparent that he's fallen off the wagon from a great height and is in no fit state to drive her back to the cobbles of Corrie.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/08/article-1310258-0B14DDBB000005DC-276_468x689.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/08/article-1310258-0B14DBF2000005DC-26_224x423.jpg

Peter - played by Chris Gascoyne, 42 - is so pie-eyed at one point he collapses in the police station and slumps to the floor, causing Carla to storm out. Carla began her battle with the bottle after her ex-husband Tony tried to kill them both and set their business Underworld on fire. She's pulled over after downing champagne at the opening night of Nick Tilsley's new bar.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/08/article-1310258-0B14DCEA000005DC-757_468x420.jpg

Carla fails the test and is hauled down to the police station, before she's fast-tracked through the courts and has her licence taken away.
She then breaks down realising how losing her licence will affect her ability to run her business.
Peter Barlow, son of Ken, had pledged not to drink again after he set fire to his flat drunk and almost killed his young son Simon, in scenes that were screened in March last year.However, in February this year, he opened a bar with Leanne Battersby and started secretly drinking again. But after a spell in rehab, it was thought he'd been dry again.
The drink-drive storyline has been devised by the soap's bosses to send a warning message out to motorists not to drink and drive ahead of the traditional Christmas party season.
A Coronation Street spokesperson said: 'Last year we used Peter Barlow and his own problems as a warning about drink driving and this year we're using Carla.

Perdita
28-09-2010, 05:53
CARLA Connor will stun Corrie fans - by telling Peter Barlow she loves him.

She falls for the ex-alcoholic this winter when he helps her fight her own booze demons.

Bookie Peter (Chris Gascoyne) tell the sexy knicker factory boss that he is there whenever she struggles.

Romance quickly blossoms, but there's a snag - Peter is set to marry Carla's best pal Leanne Battersby. Carla (Alison King), has had a hard time since lover Liam Connor was killed. She owns up to her feelings after she is arrested for drink-driving.

As Peter picks her up from the police station, she bursts out that she loves him.

A source told TV Biz: "Carla is feeling vulnerable and Peter is there. They soon become more than friends. He's stunned when she tells him she hasn't felt like this about anyone since Liam." The pair try to stay away from each other for Leanne's sake.

But all bets are off when Leanne, played by Jane Danson, confides in Carla that she is back in love with ex-husband Nick Tilsley.

Our source added: "This storyline will really put the cat among the pigeons."

The Sun

alan45
08-10-2010, 12:02
Coronation Street's Alison King has admitted that her character Carla Connor does have an bond with Peter Barlow.

The Underworld boss, who is currently battling an drink problem with Peter's (Chris Gascoyne) help, told RTÉ that something could develop between the unlikely pair.

"That's an interesting one," she said of whether or not they would have an affair.

"She does have a connection with him immediately. He enjoys having someone who needs him and they do start to spend some time together."

She added: "Watch this space though - things might not turn out as you expect!"

King teased that Carla may view an affair as "fair game" if she finds out about Leanne's (Jane Danson) feelings for ex-husband Nick (Ben Price).

"It is very exciting to be at the centre of a story that is going to build up and reach a climax around the time of the 50th," she added.

Chloe O'brien
08-10-2010, 12:04
Why doesn't Peter just tell Leanne the truth about helping Carla. She's her mate she would understand.

alan45
08-10-2010, 13:45
Why doesn't Peter just tell Leanne the truth about helping Carla. She's her mate she would understand.

Dont be silly Kath. This is soapland. Leeanne will only find out when she discovers Peter supporting Carla in the Bedroom

alan45
16-11-2010, 18:15
Carla Connor has always liked a drink, but lately she's been relying on the booze too much.

And although it's given viewers an interesting look at the vulnerable side of the feisty glamour puss, actress Alison King has revealed that fans haven't taken all that well to Carla with a drink problem.

"Lots of people have said to me, 'Please don't turn Carla into a lush!'

"They reckon the one thing they really like doing is pouring themselves a big glass of red wine, settling down in front of the telly to watch Corrie, and drinking it while Carla glugs hers - I think that makes people feel comfortable."

She added: "Having said that, I was out the other day enjoying a glass of wine, and had quite a few people come over and say, 'Are you sure you should be drinking that?'

"I don't really mind, though - I actually find it quite funny."

Poor Carla won't be laughing next week when she is nicked for drink-driving. Will her new rock Peter be able to lift her out of her misery?

alan45
20-11-2010, 11:51
Coronation Street star Alison King has revealed that she wants her character Carla Connor to have a relationship with Peter Barlow.

The actress told Inside Soap that she wants Carla's friendship with Peter (Chris Gascoyne) to develop even further as he helps her to battle an alcohol addiction.

King said: "I think she should definitely gets her claws into Peter. They've got a nice friendship and some good banter going on. They're equals, and I think it's the first time Carla's felt that way with someone since Liam died.

"They could be a great coupling - but it would turn into a nightmare if they both fell off the wagon."

PA reports that in order to seduce Peter, Carla will encourage his girlfriend Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) to continue her affair with Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

Perdita
10-04-2011, 06:47
Coronation Street's Alison King has warned her character Carla Connor's battle with alcoholism may not be over.

The headstrong factory owner appears to have forgotten her drinking problem while she focuses on her business, but Alison told Inside Soap she doesn't think Carla is in control.

Alison said: "Carla tends to drink more when she's unhappy. But I think she's in a very bad way and can unravel very quickly.

"When Carla has got a firm grip on her life, as she seems to think she has now, she reckons she can handle it.

"She's not turning to the drink to escape at the moment - she'll just have a couple when she's letting her hair down. But she's making a big mistake thinking that she's got it under control."

PA

Perdita
12-05-2011, 04:57
SOZZLED Carla Connor weaves her way to business partner Frank Foster's home - with only one thing on her mind.

Corrie factory boss Carla (Alison King) tries to seduce Frank (Andrew Lancel).

But Frank, who was accused of raping Maria Connor (Samia Smith), says no - and Carla falls asleep.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3575291/Carla-Connors-Frank-talks.html#ixzz1M6hinAEu

Perdita
05-06-2011, 13:45
Coronation Street character Carla Connor will reportedly be left fighting for her life after being attacked by her boyfriend.

The factory owner, played by Alison King, will be subjected to a physical and sexual assault by Frank Foster after he suspects she is cheating on him with Peter Barlow.

Carla will consider leaving Frank prior to the attack, but feels she owes him after he invested in her business and takes the blame for a car accident she is responsible for, The People reports.

"What Frank does to Carla will make the way she suffered at the hands of her psycho ex-husband Tony seem innocent," a source said. "Carla totally ignores all the early warning signs of Frank's twisted personality, even the fact that he has been accused of attempted rape.

"But she ends up suffering terribly. The scenes will be, without question, the most violent seen on the cobbles. The bosses are hoping that they draw in huge audiences in the coming months, but they must tread carefully to make sure this is handled well.

"The producers have spoken with domestic abuse charities and will make a point of advertising their helplines. They know that this storyline will distress people."

The plot will be a prominent storyline over the summer and air after the 9pm watershed during a week of special episodes.

Tracy Barlow will offer to give Frank a positive character reference in court, while Peter's marriage to Leanne suffers when details of his friendship with Carla come out.

Frank, played by Andrew Lancel, has already attacked Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

tammyy2j
05-06-2011, 17:34
Not too soon harsh but I hope she is actually assaulted and raped not like the stupid Maria storyline

Perdita
17-06-2011, 14:42
Coronation Street's Carla Connor will take centre stage this autumn in one of the soap's biggest storylines of recent years, show producer Phil Collinson has confirmed.

Carla, played by actress Alison King, has a long journey ahead as her relationship with business partner Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel) progresses in the coming months, Collinson told This Morning today.

The businesswoman's confidante Peter Barlow will also be involved in the plot, providing fresh drama for his marriage to Leanne.

Collinson explained: "We've got a big, big story for Carla across the autumn. I have to say, it's one of the biggest stories that we've told on Corrie for many years. She's going to have a pretty rough time across the autumn.

"It's quite controversial, it's all tied up with Peter Barlow and it's all tied up with Frank who works with her at the factory. We'll be revisiting the Carla and Peter romance, so Leanne's going to have a tough time as well."

Although Coronation Street's boss did not provide firm details of what is in store, his comments follow tabloid rumours that Carla will be subjected to a physical and sexual assault by Frank.

Earlier this month, a report suggested that Frank attacks Carla after suspecting that she is cheating on him with Peter, leading to "the most violent scenes seen on the cobbles".

Coronation Street viewers have already seen Frank feature in an attempted rape storyline with Maria Connor and he is expected to embark on his romance with Carla over the coming weeks.

parkerman
17-06-2011, 19:20
Carla will be subjected to a physical and sexual assault by Frank.

Hmmm...they might have to get D.I.Manson in to investigate...

Chloe O'brien
17-06-2011, 21:13
Don't be ridiculous Parkerman. A crime this series is going to need Kiddie Cop to head the investigate.

Perdita
18-06-2011, 13:55
Coronation Street actress Alison King has revealed that her character Carla Connor is "too old" to have another affair in the soap.

King explained to Inside Soap that although Connor has fallen in love with Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne), she doesn't want to be in the middle of him and wife Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson), whom he chose over her.

She revealed: "Carla is getting a bit too long in the tooth for affairs. Despite what people may think, it's not what she wants.

"It didn't make her feel good when it was her and Liam Connor. With Peter, she'd want a relationship - it'd be all or nothing."

King added that Connor will always have feelings for Barlow, even though she realises that they will never be an item.

"Carla's finally facing up to the fact that it's not going to happen for her and Peter," she said. "He's chosen Leanne - but Carla is always going to hold a torch for Peter."

The actress had previously wanted the pair to start a relationship in November, when Barlow was helping Connor with her alcohol addiction.

Perdita
06-07-2011, 05:51
BARLOW'S Bookies will be flattened in Coronation Street after Carla Connor drives her car into the building in a jealous rage.
Fiery Carla (Alison King) has been in love with Peter Barlow since he started helping her with her drink problem.

But ex-alcoholic Peter simply sees her as a pal and repeatedly knocks her back in favour of his wife Leanne.

Shunned Carla ends up drunkenly crashing her car into his business.

A source told TV Biz: "Carla's drinking is out of control again. It's a cry for help - and for love."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3679744/Raging-Carla-a-bad-bet.html#ixzz1RIVornYn

tammyy2j
06-07-2011, 12:39
I thought she got with Frank or is she still after Peter?

Perdita
06-07-2011, 12:44
Both. She gets with Frank because she knows she can't have Peter, but she wants him just the same, because he understands best what she is going through, I think.

Perdita
06-07-2011, 15:25
Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has joked that Carla Connor "is an itch" Peter Barlow "has to scratch".

The actor (Peter) admitted that the bookie finds himself drawn to Carla - played by Alison King - because of their "shared experiences" dealing with alcohol problems.

While Peter struggles with the news of Leanne's pregnancy, Gascoyne told Soaplife: "Let's face it, he still has the whole issue of his feelings for Carla to deal with.

"There's definitely still something between them. Leanne's stronger than Peter and he doesn't feel she really needs him, whereas he and Carla have a shared experience with the drink problem."

On the Underworld boss's relationship with Frank Foster, he concluded that Peter is "struggling" to see Carla with her new partner: "He can see them having a great time, with no problems to deal with. So, yes, he is jealous."

When Leanne and Peter clash over his decision to tell his friend their baby news, Peter once again finds himself turning to Carla for support.

"He has feelings for Carla but he does love Leanne deeply," he said. "Whenever things aren't going well he finds himself turning to Carla and she chooses now to tell him that she still loves him!"

Asked if a "highly-charged" kiss between the pair could lead to an affair, Gascoyne concluded: "Yes, he could be tempted into an affair. Carla is an itch he has to scratch and it's very destructive for his relationship with Leanne. This is not the end of Peter and Carla."

Earlier today, it was revealed that forthcoming scenes will see a drunk Carla crash her car into Peter's bookies.

Perdita
11-07-2011, 05:51
The Sun claims that Stella will be in the bookies when Carla crashes into it, Stella will be rushed to hospital and Leanne will realise she wants her mum to live and for them to have a relationship.
If viewers still don't like the character by Christmas, bosses are considering killing her off.

Perdita
11-07-2011, 09:56
Coronation Street's Stella Price will reportedly be left in a critical condition after she is knocked down by a drunk Carla Connor.

The plot will apparently be used by bosses to decide if the ITV soap will keep Michelle Collins on in the role of the new Rovers Return manager. The Sun claims that viewing figures have fallen since the former EastEnders star, whose fake northern accent has been criticised by some viewers, arrived on the Street.

If the scenes alongside actresses Jane Danson and Alison King do not win over viewers, the paper suggests that Collins faces the axe in a Christmas plot.

"This storyline is Michelle's last chance to win viewers over," a source said. "She will be mown down by Carla Connor, who drunkenly drives her car into Barlow's Bookies as a plea for help with her booze battle.

"Stella will be rushed to hospital and Leanne will realise she wants her mum to live and for them to have a relationship. If that doesn't get the figures up, there is no hope for her and they will kill her off at Christmas."
Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that producer Phil Collinson will leave the show next year, due to his position "fast becoming untenable".

Responding to the claims, an ITV spokeswoman commented: "Ratings for the first six months of 2011 are up year on year. We have also been the number one show across all channels more than any other programme so far this year.

"ITV are extremely pleased with the work of Phil Collinson and his production team. The channel is also delighted with audience reaction to Stella's arrival on Coronation Street and with the storylines planned in the coming months."

Dazzle
11-07-2011, 15:14
I'm not a fan of the character, but I think Michelle Collins as Stella should be given more of a chance to improve before there is talk of killing her off. If viewing figures are down, I'd say it's down to storylines, not just one character.

tammyy2j
11-07-2011, 15:31
I'm not a fan of the character, but I think Michelle Collins as Stella should be given more of a chance to improve before there is talk of killing her off. If viewing figures are down, I'd say it's down to storylines, not just one character.

I agree it cant all be Michelle's fault surely bringing Tracey back and giving Becky and Graeme awful exit storylines dont help ratings either

alan45
16-07-2011, 03:51
Coronation Street star Alison King has vowed that she will "never" strip off for a photoshoot again.

King, who plays Carla Connor in the ITV soap, was put off raunchy spreads after an unhappy experience with a lads' mag during her three-year run on Sky football drama Dream Team.

"When I was in Dream Team, they wanted me to do a shoot for a lads' mag," she revealed to The Sun's Buzz magazine. "Never again... Didn't even get paid for it."

King, however, quickly stressed that she could never be accused of prudish behaviour and had in fact developed quite a raunchy reputation amongst her friends.

"I've probably kissed all my friends at some point in my life," she teased.

Perdita
22-07-2011, 05:58
CORONATION Street's Carla Connor will be RAPED in horrific scenes to be filmed next week.
The brutal new storyline has been created even though show bosses admitted the ITV1 soap is too crime-obsessed.

Knicker factory boss Carla, played by Alison King, will be attacked by her fiance Frank Foster after she calls off their upcoming wedding.

The storyline then descends into more violence when Carla's new love Peter (Chris Gascoyne) learns about her ordeal and attacks Frank (Andrew Lancel). Devastated Peter is later nicked for affray.

Earlier this week Corrie's executive producer Phil Collinson appeared to signal a change of direction for the soap when he said: "We've been at the police station and the court a little bit too much."

Viewers have already seen Frank attempt to rape Carla's ex-sister-in-law Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

Maria will offer strong support for Carla after she reports the rape to police.

The scenes - to be screened on ITV1 in September - will see Frank get angry with Carla when she announces her love for Peter.

The action will then cut straight to the aftermath of the attack.

Carla will be seen as she cowers in a foetal position, with a torn skirt and bruised wrists. Sick Frank will then try to convince her that the rape was HER fault.

A source said: "These scenes will be uncomfortable to watch to say the least - but you don't see the actual rape because that might be too disturbing for younger viewers."

Bosses and actress Alison, 38, have also been working closely with rape support groups to make sure the storyline is as realistic as possible.

Our source added: "This is such a sensitive subject and it's important to get it right."

The story will also see Carla go to hospital for tests for sexually transmitted infections.

Frank will be ordered to give cops a DNA sample.

Our source added: "The storyline is very gritty and realistic.

"It's lacking the comic and homely touch Corrie is famous for.

"However, storylines are planned so far in advance bosses can't just scrap scenes to make things lighter immediately."

Boss Phil has been criticised for excessively dark storylines such as the killing spree by bookie John Stape (Graeme Hawley).

There is also an upcoming drugs plot which will see Stape's innocent wife Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) threatened by dealers as she serves time in jail for her murderous husband's crimes.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3708412/Coronation-Streets-Carla-Connor-in-rape-agony.html#ixzz1So4HiPqG

tammyy2j
22-07-2011, 11:41
I hope it is done better than Maria so called attempted rape

Perdita
22-07-2011, 12:07
So do I

Perdita
27-07-2011, 05:49
CARLA Connor is thrilled when her fiance Frank Foster buys them a house - unaware she's getting involved with a sex beast.
Despite Frank having previously attacked her former sister-in-law Maria Connor (Samia Smith), Carla agrees to marry him.

It comes after he spends months wooing her and supports her when her mum dies.

Cham-pain ... evil Frank Foster will later attack Carla ConnorHe takes her in a taxi to the new house, produces champagne and tells her it's theirs to live in after they wed.

A source told TV Biz: "Carla thinks Frank is too good to be true. And she's right. He seems to be perfect but little does she know her hero is a dangerous sexual predator."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3716309/Carla-Connors-new-home-joy-before-sex-attack-nightmare.html#ixzz1THIY3Sec

alan45
27-07-2011, 07:55
I hope it is done better than Maria so called attempted rape You mean the scene where Frank reached accross to kiss Maria

lizann
27-07-2011, 11:18
CARLA Connor is thrilled when her fiance Frank Foster buys them a house - unaware she's getting involved with a sex beast.
Despite Frank having previously attacked her former sister-in-law Maria Connor (Samia Smith), Carla agrees to marry him.

It comes after he spends months wooing her and supports her when her mum dies.

Cham-pain ... evil Frank Foster will later attack Carla ConnorHe takes her in a taxi to the new house, produces champagne and tells her it's theirs to live in after they wed.

A source told TV Biz: \"Carla thinks Frank is too good to be true. And she's right. He seems to be perfect but little does she know her hero is a dangerous sexual predator.\"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3716309/Carla-Connors-new-home-joy-before-sex-attack-nightmare.html#ixzz1THIY3Sec

Wow that is fast

Perdita
08-08-2011, 11:31
Coronation Street's Carla Connor will visit a sexual assault crisis centre immediately after being raped by Frank Foster, a report has revealed.

The traumatised businesswoman, played by Alison King, will be encouraged to undergo testing for HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases as she seeks support following the vicious attack, according to the Daily Star.

Carla is reportedly told by a female doctor: "I know this is very difficult for you right now, Mrs Connor, but we have to talk about tests for HIV and hepatitis. We can also offer you emergency contraception."

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "We've been meticulous in mirroring the exact conditions faced by real rape victims. We sought detailed advice from police and rape crisis workers."

Frank's brutal assault is believed to occur on the eve of his wedding to Carla, when she calls off the ceremony and confesses that she does not love him.

Other reports have suggested that Carla makes a suicide attempt in the days following her ordeal, before being rushed to hospital when Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) discovers what she has done.

Carla's dark new Coronation Street storyline is expected to begin next month.

Perdita
09-08-2011, 06:01
CORRIE'S Stella Price is set to strike up a new friendship with rape victim Carla Connor - after confiding that she suffered the same terrifying ordeal.
Knicker factory boss Carla is attacked by fiance Frank Foster in scenes to be aired next month.

In an attempt to comfort her, new Rovers landlady Stella - played by ex-EastEnders star Michelle Collins, 50 - reveals she was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend years ago.

And Carla is stunned when she learns she is the first person Stella has ever told about her nightmare.

Struggling Carla (Alison King, 38) returns to work after the rape, but she gets startled when a male client innocently touches her leg. She vomits in the street.

When Stella hears what happened she is convinced that talking to someone who has experienced the same agony will help her come to terms with it.

A source told TV Biz: "Carla is horrified to hear that Stella too has gone through a similar torment. The pair have a real heart-to-heart. They are both strong women and they soon become firm friends."

Carla admits she is too frightened to testify in court and is tempted to drop the charges in a bid to move on.

But Stella desperately tries to convince her that if she lets Frank (Andrew Lancel, 41) off the hook, she will regret it for the rest of her life.

Carla's plight is made worse when she learns Frank is back on the streets after being bailed.

The police tell her to watch her back and report him straight away if he tries to get in touch in any way.

But Carla breaks down in front of Maria Connor, played by Samia Smith, 29, and sobs she is living in fear of Frank hunting her down and attacking her again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3740828/Stella-Price-tells-Carla-Connor-of-rape-hell.html

tammyy2j
09-08-2011, 11:01
Is this before or after Carla tries to kill her?

Corrie writers are using everything to get Stella liked

Perdita
09-08-2011, 12:27

Sounds like this happens afterwards, not sure she wants to kill Stella, I think Stella just happens to be in the Bookies when Carla crashes her car into it when she is drunk. Maybe this accident leads up to Carla telling Frank she does not love him and he then attacks her.

alan45
09-08-2011, 12:30

And failing Miserably. For someone who has just arrived as a stranger she seems to be taking over. God knows what will happen when the EGO that is Kym Marsh flounces back on to the cobbles.

Perdita
09-08-2011, 12:33

Coronation Street's Stella Price will reportedly be left in a critical condition after she is knocked down by a drunk Carla Connor.

The plot will apparently be used by bosses to decide if the ITV soap will keep Michelle Collins on in the role of the new Rovers Return manager. The Sun claims that viewing figures have fallen since the former EastEnders star, whose fake northern accent has been criticised by some viewers, arrived on the Street.

If the scenes alongside actresses Jane Danson and Alison King do not win over viewers, the paper suggests that Collins faces the axe in a Christmas plot.

"This storyline is Michelle's last chance to win viewers over," a source said. "She will be mown down by Carla Connor, who drunkenly drives her car into Barlow's Bookies as a plea for help with her booze battle.

"Stella will be rushed to hospital and Leanne will realise she wants her mum to live and for them to have a relationship. If that doesn't get the figures up, there is no hope for her and they will kill her off at Christmas."
Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that producer Phil Collinson will leave the show next year, due to his position "fast becoming untenable".

Responding to the claims, an ITV spokeswoman commented: "Ratings for the first six months of 2011 are up year on year. We have also been the number one show across all channels more than any other programme so far this year.

"ITV are extremely pleased with the work of Phil Collinson and his production team. The channel is also delighted with audience reaction to Stella's arrival on Coronation Street and with the storylines planned in the coming months."

alan45
09-08-2011, 12:42
They are getting desperate now. What next for Stella. Will we discover that Leannes father was in fact Ken Barlow and Stella was previously known as Steve.

tammyy2j
09-08-2011, 12:48
They are getting desperate now. What next for Stella. Will we discover that Leannes father was in fact Ken Barlow and Stella was previously known as Steve.

Dont forget Stella's affair with Peter who will also jump into bed with Carla no doubt - musical beds instead of chairs :p

Perdita
11-08-2011, 06:04
RAPE victim Carla Connor suffers another cruel attack by evil lover Frank Foster.

Just days after the Underworld boss is violently assaulted by her boyfriend, Frank attacks her business.

Devastated Carla, played by Alison King, 38, looks on helplessly as burly thugs storm the knicker factory.

Carla is powerless to stop them because Frank (Andrew Lancel, 41) owns half the business.

He takes sewing machines in revenge for her going to police after he raped her.

A show insider said: “Carla is left physically abused by the attack and this rubs salt into the wounds.”

Daily Star

alan45
18-08-2011, 03:54
THE strain is etched on Carla Connor's face as she heads off to a nick to report evil Frank Foster for raping her.
The Corrie factory boss, played by Alison King, looked dazed and drained as she prepared to give a statement to cops.

She was accompanied by Maria Connor (Samia Smith), a previous sex attack victim of Frank, in the scenes which will air on ITV1 next month.

Frank (Andrew Lancel) targets fiancé Carla, after she calls off their wedding - and she tries to kill herself days later by downing sleeping pills and wine.

Perdita
23-08-2011, 21:28
Coronation Street's Alison King has admitted that her alter ego's upcoming rape storyline has left her "physically and mentally exhausted".

The 38-year-old, whose character Carla Connor will be manipulated by scheming businessman Frank Foster in the coming weeks, tells TV Times that the story arc has "absolutely drained" her.

King said: "I feel a sense of responsibility to get it right. We all do. Half of it is instinct and the other half is talking to people and doing your research.

"Things look very bleak for Carla in the aftermath and it's been one of the most mentally challenging storylines I've ever done.

"I'm absolutely drained. I've had tears in my eyes for weeks and feel physically and mentally exhausted. It's always hard with a big storyline - I was pregnant when we did the Tony Gordon showdown."

However, the actress hopes that actor Andrew Lancel, who plays Frank, will not be compared to the character after the plot ends.

"He's a big softie in real life," she added. "I want to get that across because he has a big, horrible, heavy storyline and the last thing he needs is people thinking he's like his character.

"Andrew's an amazing bloke. Like me, he has a young child, his son Isaac is around the same age as [my daughter] Daisy, so he understands what it's like for me as a working mum."

alan45
25-08-2011, 00:25
Coronation Street's Alison King has revealed details of Carla and Frank's dark storyline.

King's alter ego will be physically and psychologically abused by her Underworld business partner (Andrew Lancel) at the beginning of next month.

She teased to TV Times: "It starts a sequence of events that will have devastating consequences down the line. She is drowning in it all and hits the bottle as she usually does.

"She tries to pretend everything is okay and then Peter (Chris Gascoyne) turns up - he is the only person who knows what is going on in her head."

The 38-year-old added: "Frank's mum and dad are visiting and Carla's not a family bird. She can't cope and it goes horribly wrong.

"Can you imagine waking up with a hangover and remembering that you rowed with your fiancé's parents at your engagement party and ran someone over? It would be your worst nightmare."

Perdita
04-09-2011, 06:06
AS Corrie’s evil factory boss Frank Foster, Andrew Lancel is ready for the nation to be horrified as a rape plot unfolds over the next few weeks.

And the actor says his assault on fiancée Carla Connor, played by Alison King, has been the toughest but one of most rewarding roles of his life.

Andrew, 41, admits: “It has been very difficult to play. This stuff has never been seen before on Corrie.

“It’s been hard work and really challenging but also amazing.

“He’s a monster but I’m having a ball playing him. Frank has been a gift. There isn’t a day I haven’t enjoyed. I love coming into work.

“He is romantic, heroic and a monster. For an actor bad guys are always the best to play.”

But Andrew found the day he filmed the implied rape and the harrowing aftermath so physically and mentally draining that he decided not to return to the family home in Liverpool he shares with wife Louise Edge and three-year-old son Isaac.

Loving: Andrew with wife Louise

“It was very heavy stuff. I found it very hard. I didn’t want to talk to anyone and I was really snappy.

“It was hard to shake off that day and I didn’t want to take that home with me so I stayed at a friend’s flat in Manchester.”

But since finishing the *disturbing scenes, spending time with his wife and son has helped him get away from the emotionally draining work.

Drunken

“Isaac is great – he knows Daddy is on Corrie but he doesn’t really know what that means. I brought him in to the set the other day. He wanted to get the train so we did. Isaac loves coming into work with me.

“At the moment I’m getting recognised quite a bit so I had a cap on and was trying to keep a bit of a low profile and we’re sitting there and he says very loudly: ‘I’m excited about going to Corrie, Daddy’.

“Everyone turned to look at me – he had totally blown my cover. I had to laugh!”

Carla and Frank’s relationship starts falling apart at their engagement party when he makes a big speech declaring his love and she feels overwhelmed.

Carla starts drinking and drives off in Frank’s car with, as our pictures from tonight’s episode show, disastrous results. She knocks down Rovers’ landlady Stella Price (Michelle Collins) leaving her fighting for life and smashes into the bookies.

Carnage: Driver Carla knocks over Stella Price

It’s the biggest stunt on Corrie since last year’s tram crash to mark the show’s 50th anniversary.

Frank tries to cover-up for drunken Carla, who is already banned from driving, by pretending to have been behind the wheel. He fails to see Carla is getting cold feet about *marrying and when she dumps him on the eve of their wedding he *retaliates by raping her.

Andrew says: “Frank is a very *complex character. On one hand he is old-fashioned and a gentleman, he opens doors for women but then buried deep there is this other side to him.

“Right up until it happens Carla is apologising to him as she calls off the wedding. She even says ‘you are a good man. You don’t deserve this’.

Plot: Frank tries to move Carla and Carla, right, is raped by Frank

“He tries to blame Carla. He even says to her ‘you made me do it’. That’s the most difficult line I’ve ever had to say. It is chilling.”

Andrew says: “Frank is in blind denial and determined to deceive everyone into thinking he’s innocent.”

But as The People revealed he then goes on to prey on Sally Webster.

Andrew says the scenes were equally tough for Alison, 38, and the stars have helped each other cope.

“Alison has been amazing. We get on really well and while we were *filming the rape stuff we literally spent 90 per cent of our time together working on it to get it right.

“It’s a good job we get on so well. It was very emotional to film for both of us but we had lots of support from all the other cast and crew. There were lots of hugs and lots of real tears and also lots of silence on set.”

Andrew admits he is a bit worried about the public’s reaction to the storyline and is bracing himself for possible comments.

“To be honest I’m surprised I haven’t had more already but actually people seem to like Frank.

“People have said to me ‘I wish you weren’t going to rape Carla’.

“But when I was offered the part they told me from day one how it started and how it ended so I knew exactly what I was getting into.”

Playing Frank has been totally different experience for Andrew who played Det Insp Neil Manson on ITV’s The Bill for seven years.He says: “Domestic rape happens in real life and we have a responsibility to talk about these issues. It is the first time it has been dealt with like this on Corrie. We are not doing it lightly. It is very well done.”

Old Bill: As DI Neil Manson

Wife Louise, a dance teacher, is a big Corrie fan and never misses an *episode – watching as she irons. To escape the *intensity of playing Frank Andrew loves *to cook and says he is at his happiest in the kitchen.

“Cooking is about the only thing I’m any good at. I’m a real foodie and I just love everything about it.” In fact, he says, apart from work and family his main passions are football – he’s an Everton fan – food and his faith.

Andrew regularly goes to church near his home in Liverpool and religion clearly plays an important part in his life.

Just a few days after we meet he is heading off to a Christian festival called Greenbelt which is held annually at Cheltenham racecourse.

He is even on the bill hosting “an evening with” style event for festival-goers.

Awkward

“People in this country are funny about religion but Greenbelt is just great. I first went to it in 1990.

“On the Sunday morning they do communion for 20,000 people.

“But it’s not that different to any other festival really – the busiest tent is always The Jesus Arms beer tent.”

He says he expects to get some awkward questions about how playing a rapist fits in with his faith.

“It’s a question people are bound to ask – but I see it as an important issue which we are getting out into the open.”

The People

Perdita
05-09-2011, 18:51
Coronation Street's Andrew Lancel has claimed that viewers of the show like his villainous alter ego Frank Foster.

The former Bill star spoke of his amazement at the fact he has had so little negative backlash from Corrie fans.

"To be honest I'm surprised I haven't had more already but actually people seem to like Frank," Lancel told The People.

"People have said to me, 'I wish you weren't going to rape Carla'."

The 41-year-old praised co-star Alison King, who plays Carla Connor, for her "amazing" performance in the show's upcoming rape plot.

"Alison has been amazing. We get on really well and while we were *filming the rape stuff we literally spent 90% of our time together working on it to get it right," the star continued.

"It's a good job we get on so well. It was very emotional to film for both of us but we had lots of support from all the other cast and crew. There were lots of hugs and lots of real tears and also lots of silence on set."

layla
08-09-2011, 10:39
I don't see the need for this story.:nono: Its more an E enders story.:sick:

Perdita
13-09-2011, 14:55
Coronation Street businessman Frank Foster finally shows Carla Connor his true colours next week, taking revenge against her in a tragic storyline twist.

The evil factory boss, played by Andrew Lancel, attacks and rapes Carla when she ends their relationship on the night before their wedding.

As seen in the newly-released picture below, Frank will pin Carla (Alison King) against the door of her flat when she asks him to leave. However, the actual rape will not be shown on screen.

Later, when the scene cuts back to the flat, viewers will see a broken and terrified Carla sobbing on the floor with Frank standing over her.

A Coronation Street spokesperson commented: "Whilst we don't see the actual attack on Carla, the viewer is left in no doubt about what Frank has done to her. These are powerful scenes which tackle a very difficult subject in a sensitive and moving way."

In the aftermath of the attack, Frank is shocked by his own actions and runs off into the night, while a traumatised Carla phones Maria Connor (Samia Smith) for help - knowing that she was a victim of Frank's unwanted advances earlier this year.

As the week continues, Carla will have to relive her ordeal as she reports the rape to specially trained officers and rape counsellors.

Coronation Street bosses have researched the storyline with experts from the St. Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester.

Speaking of the plotline, Alison King commented: "As an actress, it's different to anything I've done before. I've had to go to a few dark places with this plot which has been a real challenge."

Andrew Lancel added: "These have been some of the most challenging scenes I have ever had to play. Frank is an absolute monster but a great character to play - that said, the scenes following the attack were very difficult, it was very heavy stuff.

"I found it very hard. I didn't want to talk to anyone and I was really snappy. We owed it to victims of this sort of attack to get it right and we made sure we researched it thoroughly."

Coronation Street's dark Carla and Frank storyline begins on Monday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
15-09-2011, 14:41
Coronation Street star Samia Smith has discussed her character Maria Connor's involvement in the soap's forthcoming rape storyline, promising that she will be a big support for Carla.

Carla is sexually assaulted by fiancé Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel) next week after she ends their relationship on the eve of their wedding.

As confirmed earlier this week, the actual rape is not shown on screen but subsequent scenes see Frank run off into the night, while a traumatised Carla phones Maria for help.

Smith told This Morning today: "Maria just instantly is round there and completely understands - and just can't believe, actually, that this has happened. Because Carla's such a strong woman as well, it's the last person that you would think that would happen to."

She continued: "Carla rings Maria straight away after the attack. Maria runs round to the flat and instantly is like, 'Frank's done this, hasn't he?' Carla is in bits on the floor and clearly in trauma. She's covered in bruises and just distraught. Maria just says, 'We've got to ring the police straight away - because you can't waste time'."

Smith also praised Alison King, who plays Carla, for the commitment she has given to the hard-hitting storyline.

"She really did her research," the actress said. "She's done amazing - she's just been brilliant throughout the whole storyline."

Frank previously tried to rape Maria earlier this year, but the matter was not pursued by the police due to lack of evidence.

Coronation Street's dark Frank and Carla plot begins on Monday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

alan45
20-09-2011, 23:51
Events on ITV1 unfolded with a sense of horrible inevitability - Frank Foster, a man whose predatory personality has already caused concern, is jilted on the eve of his wedding by fiancée Carla Connor and exacts his revenge in the worst way imaginable. Frank is undoubtedly a monstrous figure (a virtual prerequisite for any businessman in Weatherfield these days), but what do his actions say about those in creative control of the Street?

Corrie has, of course, played out a rape plotline before, but the attack on Toyah Battersby back in 2001 was felt to be an insensitive misstep. Arriving soon after one of EastEnders’s biggest-ever ratings winners – the “Who Shot Phil?” saga – the show unwisely chose to reduce Toyah’s sexual assault to the level of a whodunnit.

As the finger of suspicion was pointed at various residents (Toyah herself had suffered memory loss), there was the overall impression on the part of viewers that an emotive and disturbing topic was being manipulated to tawdry ends.

Some lessons appear to have been learned over the last decade and Carla’s plight is certainly treated with more care. Although the rape comes as a result of several long-running story strands (Maria’s narrow escape and the feelings that Carla harbours for Peter), the ordeal is not swallowed whole by the demands of producing the soap’s continuing narrative. However, the fact that it’s Carla who’s the one being raped does raise important issues.

She may have only featured in Coronation Street for five years, but the Underworld queen has, in this relatively short space of time, become a classic heroine, the type for whom adversity and a poor childhood has bred backbone and a nice line in telling comment. With her stoicism and well-concealed soft centre, she could even be the true inheritor of Elsie Tanner’s crown.

But could we have reached a tipping point where the amount of heartache she experiences is becoming perverse? Since 2006, Carla has had two husbands die on her, seen her lover murdered, been held hostage, battled alcoholism, almost lost the object of her affection in a tram crash and smashed a car into the front window of Barlow’s Bookies, narrowly avoiding killing Stella in the process.

By having Carla undergo a vicious violation like rape, it begins to feel that she’s being systematically targeted by the storyliners. There’s no denying that the scenes in this evening’s double bill are powerfully acted by Alison King, but there seems to be an underlying mission to crack open Carla’s carapace and expose her vulnerability.

In the wider world, rapists often choose their targets regardless of the victim’s circumstance, so there’s no saying that Carla wouldn’t suffer an assault of this sort. But, in a fictional setting, it does begin to look cruel when so much anguish is piled onto one person’s shoulders.

What’s also worrying is the situation’s subtext: when Maria made her original accusations against Frank, Carla sided with her business partner over her PA because he held the purse strings. Are we supposed to feel that this is Carla’s punishment for putting career before friendship? It’s a queasy connotation buried deep beneath the layers of Frank’s obvious villainy but just because it’s not explicit doesn’t mean that it isn’t intended.

In the weeks to come, we’ll see Carla being driven to levels of despair, but let’s hope that the decision to put her through the emotional wringer doesn’t leave us with a completely broken character. Surely everyone agrees that Carla, the finest factory boss since the era when Mike Baldwin ruled the roost, has suffered enough.

(c) David Brown Radio Times

Perdita
21-09-2011, 14:16
Coronation Street star Andrew Lancel has revealed that there are "disturbing" scenes in store in the aftermath of Frank's attack on Carla.

Frank raped Carla in Monday night's double bill of the soap after she dumped him on the eve of their wedding. He later ran off into the night, leaving Carla to call Maria (Samia Smith) for help.

Carla (Alison King) reports Frank to the police in this evening's episode, but the businessman soon shows the full extent of his manipulative nature when he returns to the flat and calmly protests his innocence.

Speaking of filming the rape storyline, Lancel told Daybreak today: "We worked hard on pretty much every line, every nuance - we almost choreographed it, for want of a better word. And it was very quiet. It's a very happy set, is Corrie, but there was a lot of silence that day. It was tough to do.

"But some of the scenes that followed, stuff that's on tonight, was just as hard really - with the twists and the deceit that Frank has. I found them really quite disturbing.

"He just breezes back in as if nothing's happened. They were the hardest scenes to do."

Lancel added that his time at Coronation Street has been a positive experience despite his challenging storyline.

"I've had a great deal of support from Corrie, from home and from my agent - everybody," he explained. "But, it sounds crazy - it's also been a lot of fun working on the show. We work very, very hard and we're able to play hard as well.

"It's been a challenge, but that's what I wanted to do and it's been a gift as an actor - the baddies are always the great roles. I just wanted to make him not a clichéd baddie. There's a long way to go with him. This stuff that's on tonight and the rest of the week, it's disturbing but it's fascinating at the same time."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
22-09-2011, 10:27
Coronation Street star Andrew Lancel has expressed his delight over the viewer reaction to his dark new storyline.

The actor's twisted character Frank Foster raped businesswoman Carla Connor earlier this week, desperate to punish her after she dumped him on the eve of their wedding.

Last night's episode saw Frank face police questioning and show the true extent of his manipulative nature as he calmly protested his innocence.

Meanwhile, upcoming instalments will explore the reaction among the Weatherfield community and the negative impact on Leanne Barlow's marriage as her husband Peter remains determined to protect Carla.

Lancel told the Liverpool Echo: "We had 10 million viewers on Monday night. And I've had such a reaction to my work, as has Alison King who plays Carla. The compliments have been fantastic. Domestic rape happens in real life. So we were aware we had a responsibility and I think we got it right.

"I knew what was going to happen between Frank and Carla when I was offered the part so I was very prepared. We had a lot of time to think about it and we did our homework.

"It's not the first time a rape has been done on a soap, but it's the first time it has been done like this. And it is certainly the first where the perpetrator is so integral to what happens afterwards."

He continued: "There's a long way to go with Frank. I was buzzing when I read the script, let alone played it."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 8.30pm on ITV1 as Peter furiously attacks Frank.

Glen1
22-09-2011, 14:22
Great storyline ,very well acted ,and the twist with Frank returnig to the scene with a takeaway, brilliant. It's what corrie needed after all the crap with Traceyluv and Stella ,who incidentally broke into a Liverpudlian accent during a scene last Monday.

Perdita
29-09-2011, 09:12
Coronation Street's Carla Connor storyline takes another dark twist in tonight's episode of the soap as the factory boss tries to take her own life.

When Carla (Alison King) receives another visit from the police and is informed that no stone will be left unturned in the investigation, she soon starts to panic - realising that she desperately needs Leanne to keep quiet over what really happened on the night of the car crash.

Later, however, Leanne (Jane Danson) is furious when Carla begs her not to say anything. Issuing some harsh words to her rival, Leanne hints that she may tell the police the truth.

Afterwards, Carla feels that she can face the world no longer and takes an overdose of pills. When she calls Peter (Chris Gascoyne) to apologise and say goodbye, the bookie rushes into action and dials 999. Will Carla get the medical attention she needs in time?

Coronation Street airs tonight at 8.30pm on ITV1.

parkerman
29-09-2011, 09:43
Will Carla get the medical attention she needs in time?

Yes!

Perdita
29-09-2011, 10:56
Yes!

I am sure of that too

Siobhan
29-09-2011, 11:02
Yes!

if not, then Kym Marsh will have something to say on it

parkerman
29-09-2011, 11:02
I am sure of that too

Corrie Spoilers 10 - 14 October 2011

Monday 10 Oct 2011 19:30
Carla receives some shocking news.

Monday 10 Oct 2011 20:30
Carla is floored as an unexpected visitor arrives to stir up trouble.

Thursday 13 Oct 2011 20:30
Carla breaks down when a client gets too close.

Friday 14 Oct 2011 19:30
Carla is stunned as Frank turns up the pressure.

Friday 14 Oct 2011 20:30
A determined Carla squares up to Frank.

I think that says it all!

alan45
29-09-2011, 11:25
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/38/618w_corrie_7702_2.jpg

Just before

http://www.tvthrong.co.uk/files/u1465/carla_3.jpg

Just After????

sarah c
29-09-2011, 11:39
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/38/618w_corrie_7702_2.jpg

Just before

http://www.tvthrong.co.uk/files/u1465/carla_3.jpg

Just After

apart from gaining an injured hand..chaning her clothes, and the bed sheets? :)

alan45
29-09-2011, 11:53

Maybe she wanted to look her best for the Ambulance Crew

Perdita
29-09-2011, 11:56
Maybe she wanted to look her best for the Ambulance Crew

My bet is Peter Barlow, not the ambulance crew

alan45
29-09-2011, 11:59
Oh Look the Paramedics have arrived.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/38/618w_corrie_7702_4.jpg

Glen1
29-09-2011, 15:13
Now, come on folks ,she must have read your comments ,changed her clothes back when she realised it wasn't our Peter at the door. Also whilst unconscious removed the bandage. Also you realise Frank might be P.Barlow in disguise . I think iv'e forgotten to take my medication today.

parkerman
29-09-2011, 15:51
Oh Look the Paramedics have arrived.....

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/38/618w_corrie_7702_4.jpg

....but allow Peter to take charge.

Glen1
29-09-2011, 16:18
Doctor Barlow might find he's having his stethescope surgically removed when Aunty Leanne finds out.

tammyy2j
29-09-2011, 16:58

Did she change her clothes and bed sheets looks like to me that she is passed out on the couch with a maybe a blanket around her

alan45
29-09-2011, 18:14
Did she change her clothes and bed sheets looks like to me that she is passed out on the coach with a maybe a blanket around her

Wonder where the Coach came from,

parkerman
29-09-2011, 19:03
Peter - he's her life coach.

alan45
30-09-2011, 01:03
Peter - he's her life coach.

With him as a life coach shes doomed

parkerman
30-09-2011, 09:00
With him as a life coach shes doomed

Yes, but if she'd learnt by Peter's example, she could have married Frank and then gone and married someone else as well. Sorted.