PDA

View Full Version : Moving Wallpaper/Echo Beach

Abigail
10-01-2008, 12:56
Both start tonight. I thought I'd put them both together seeing as they are about the same thing. Two more episodes to air tomorrow then one episode of each every week starting next Thursday.

Moving Wallpaper
Today on ITV 1 from 9:00pm to 9:30pm
New comedy blurring the boundaries of fiction and reality by going behind the scenes on a TV soap opera. In a unique production, the effects of arguments and jokes in production meetings can be seen in the programme - Echo Beach - played for real at 9.30, with a cast including Jason Donovan and Martine McCutcheon. Moving Wallpaper stars Ben Miller as a hapless producer desperate to make the series a success. With Lucy Liemann, Dave Lamb, Sarah Hadland, James Lance, Sinead Keenan, Elizabeth Berrington, Raquel Cassidy, Susie Amy and Naomi Wood.

Echo Beach
Today on ITV 1 from 9:30pm to 10:00pm
New soap, starring Jason Donovan and Martine McCutcheon as ex-lovers in a Cornish surfing resort, where the spoof machinations of the production team in Moving Wallpaper are played out as if real. Daniel Marrack and his son Brae return to Polnarren to set up a surf shop and cafe on the beach, but when Dan's daughter falls for Mark Penwarden's son, battle lines are redrawn between the families. Hugo Speer, Johnny Briggs and Ed Speleers co-star. With Hannah Lederer Alton, Christian Cooke, Laura Greenwood, Jonathan Readwin, Chandeep Uppal, Gwyneth Powell, Naomi Ryan, Marcus Patric, Susie Amy, Mark Frost, Naomi Woods and Anna Maria Everett.

Abigail
10-01-2008, 12:58
Moving Wallpaper
ITV 1 from 9:00pm to 9:30pm
Producer Jonathan rests on his laurels when episode one of family saga Echo Beach is in the can, but his troubles are only just beginning. The plot lines for episode two don't quite tie in, Nancy makes it clear she still wants him to fail and Kelly sends the payroll round. Comedy companion programme to Echo Beach, with Ben Miller, Raquel Cassidy and Lucy Liemann. With Dave Lamb, Sarah Hadland, James Lance, Sinead Keenan, Elizabeth Berrington, Jordan Long and Susie Amy.

Echo Beach
ITV 1 from 9:30pm to 10:00pm
Mark scares Susan by vowing to get Dan out of his life even if it means digging up buried secrets. The Marracks get to know the locals and Dan finds his surf cafe under attack. Experimental soap, starring Jason Donovan and Martine McCutcheon as ex-lovers in a Cornish resort, with Hugo Speer, Johnny Briggs and Ed Speleers. With Hannah Lederer Alton, Christian Cooke, Laura Greenwood, Jonathan Readwin, Chandeep Uppal, Gwyneth Powell, Naomi Ryan, Marcus Patric, Susie Amy, Mark Frost, Naomi Woods and Anna Maria Everett.

Katy
10-01-2008, 14:43
This seems a really good idea tying the two together, it will be intersting to see how it works.

DaVeyWaVey
10-01-2008, 15:01
I agree - this is a good idea and it's nice to see ITV trying a new thing. I will definetly be tuning in tonight. I am a fan of Martine McCutcheon which is one reason why I'm watching - the only thing I don't like the sound of with this is Echo Beach being billed as "a soap" - don't we already have enough soaps?! ... I hope it's not a cardboard cut out of Corrie or Emmerdale, but we'll see.

Moving Wallpaper sounds really promising though!

pookie1968uk
10-01-2008, 16:25
i have been loking forward to these two shows. looks really good.

Siobhan
10-01-2008, 16:28
I agree - this is a good idea and it's nice to see ITV trying a new thing. I will definetly be tuning in tonight. I am a fan of Martine McCutcheon which is one reason why I'm watching - the only thing I don't like the sound of with this is Echo Beach being billed as "a soap" - don't we already have enough soaps?! ... I hope it's not a cardboard cut out of Corrie or Emmerdale, but we'll see.

Moving Wallpaper sounds really promising though!

I don't think it will be like corrie or Emmerdale.. I have a feeling it will be like one of the american soaps.. with crazy storyline but having moving wallpaper shown first might explain why the plotlines... I am looking forward to this too.. I like Martine and Hugo

Bryan
10-01-2008, 18:15
i dont think Echo Beac would survive on it's own merit, it's only becuase it goes along with this Moving Wallpaper

going out tonight so hope to catch it on the itv player tomorrow, but when I tried to watch Honest earlier on there it was being so slow that I gave up!

CrazyLea
10-01-2008, 20:18
I may be a little thick here - almost definately :lol:.. but I don't get what Moving Wallpaper is/is about/how it links with Echo Beach :o.

DaVeyWaVey
10-01-2008, 22:42
What did everyone think?

I really enjoyed both shows. I did prefer Moving Wallpaper. Jonathan Pope is a wonderful character, and this show did generally make me laugh. From the gag about the "Soap Awards" to him making that girl cry "sorry but something sad has happened to your parents..." and I liked him spending the budget on his office! I thought Echo Beach was alright, but I got the feeling it was meant to be a bit dodgy and a bit rubbish on purpose (a bit of poor scripting, wooden acting here and there)...to reflect how incompetent and lousy the producer, Jonathan Pope is. So I think as the series goes on, we will see the writers and producer make Echo Beach a better soap, and we should see improvements. I liked how some of the stuff from Moving Wallpaper linked in with Echo Beach, with the girl crying, the house they moved into being derelict etc. I am definetly watching tomorrow! Echo Beach shouldn't be taken so seriously, in my opinion.

Lea - did you get the link after watching both shows? (if you did watch them that is).

CrazyLea
10-01-2008, 22:55
I didn't watch it. So I still don't get the link :p I wanted to watch it though.

I saw Bryan or someone say there was an ITV player?? Is it like BBC iPlayer?

DaVeyWaVey
10-01-2008, 23:10
I think if you go on the ITV site...you might be able to get the episodes from there, or there is a website called TVCatchup or something..where you can watch shows you missed (Similar to the Iplayer I think..)

Chris_2k11
10-01-2008, 23:37
Its nice to see Martine back on the box

Katy
11-01-2008, 08:54
I thought it was really good, it was funny how you picked up a lot of the things moving wallpaper said about the show such as the dress martine was wearing and the little girl crying.

Abigail
11-01-2008, 11:00
I think if you go on the ITV site...you might be able to get the episodes from there, or there is a website called TVCatchup or something..where you can watch shows you missed (Similar to the Iplayer I think..)

If you use firefox you won't be able to use the player. ITV really need to get it sorted out.

I loved Echo Beach. Who is the lad who plays Danny's son? It was really bugging me, along with that silly little beard thing.

Bryan
11-01-2008, 14:13
just managed to cast them both online

loved Moving Wallpaper - very funny. Especially the whole bit about filling the ethnic quota, then Susie Amy begging everyone for a line :D

wasn't so keen on Echo Beach, but as like Dave said maybe it's meant to be crap to reflect the state of chaos behind the scenes.

Abbie
11-01-2008, 20:33
Im so annoyed Ive missed them, I had dancing lol.
Do the repeat at all?

Abigail
11-01-2008, 22:24
I've checked the schedule for the next week and it's not repeated. Try the ITV player in a few days, catch ups haven't been added since Wednesday.

Abbie
11-01-2008, 22:25
I've checked the schedule for the next week and it's not repeated. Try the ITV player in a few days, catch ups haven't been added since Wednesday.

Okay, well I have no idea what that is but I'll try

Abigail
11-01-2008, 22:33

Okay, well I have no idea what that is but I'll try

It's like the BBC iPlayer but programs are on for 30 days.

Actually, checking the ITV website again I'd say don't bother. Every time I refresh the page I get different shows. It either shows episodes for three programs or no programs at all. It did show a long list of programs when I checked it before my last program.

The page is here if you want to try it http://www.itv.com/Watchnow/CatchUp/default.html

Bryan
11-01-2008, 22:35
once again Moving Wallpaper far exceeded Echo Beach. Loved Jonathon ripping the piss out of the stupidity of characters on Casaulty, and then he does it at the end. And the constant Susy Amie jokes are hilarious!

Echo Beach isn't impressing me too much, but I must admit I do love the locations, it's very visually appealing, nice on the eye to see all them sandy beaches and blue seas.

Abigail
11-01-2008, 22:40
I didn't really see much of the two programs tonight as I was tidying up. I still prefer Echo Beach over Moving Wallpaper though.

DaVeyWaVey
11-01-2008, 23:35
Taped both programmes tonight - might watch them a bit later.. Both shows got 5 million viewers last night, I hope this figure doesn't drop..

pookie1968uk
14-01-2008, 20:09
i liked both of these. they both work well together and compliment each other. moving wallpaper is so funny. the links between the 2 programmes have been done well and i think to get the best out of it all you have to watch both of them.

DaVeyWaVey
14-01-2008, 21:24
Ratings for both went down on Friday which I feared - both got 3 million something each...hopefully things will pick up, or ITV will probably move both programmes to a graveyard slot as they've done with many programmes in the past.

Chris_2k11
14-01-2008, 22:13
Yes like they did with Night & Day :D

DaVeyWaVey
14-01-2008, 22:16
Yes like they did with Night & Day :D

I loved Night and Day and I had to stop watching because of the silly timeslot they moved it too! ITV annoyed me for doing this. I hope they don't do this with Echo Beach/Moving Wallpaper.

Abigail
14-01-2008, 22:18
It doesn't look good for ITV's schedule overhaul if they move two of their new dramas to a later time slot because of ratings.

Its possible that people didn't realise that there was two more episodes on Friday.

annette_tr9
15-01-2008, 23:08
Echo Beach isn't impressing me too much, but I must admit I do love the locations, it's very visually appealing, nice on the eye to see all them sandy beaches and blue seas.

it doesn't really look like that.....they missed out all the emmets and seagul poop.....!!!

i prefer moving wallpaper....that's quite funny

echo beach is awful.....i live in cornwall...quite near to the locations and i think they must have filmed in on the one sunny day we had here last year. i remember when they were down here filming last year, loads of people were on about it and went down to watch... i didn't....it was raining.

the accents are awful...especially mike baldwins!!! i would prefer jason donovan just to stay australian instead of some posh talk.....

maybe it will get better....i have to keep watching to say....ooooo..i have been there!!!....i know him in the background!!?!?!?

Abigail
19-01-2008, 22:20
I missed last night's episodes. What happened?

DaVeyWaVey
20-01-2008, 13:14
From what I can remember...in Moving Wallpaper, Jonathan tried to bond with his writers, it was quite funny as it didn't really work...and they got rid of him as this woman who got mugged (one of the writers), txted him as the mugger saying "i will mug you next, watch your back".. or something like that..and Jonathan paniced and moved back in his office, putting a lock on his door. :lol: Susie Amy also appeared in MW, and told Jonathan she wanted her character to have a background (she wanted to be a romantic writer, and wanted a scene in the pub, typing up a story on a pink laptop)..the budget was tight though and in Echo Beach, we just seen Angela (Susie Amy) writing her story in a notepad in the pub..

In Echo Beach, you didn't really miss much..those two guys like Abi.. and Narinder is still chasing after that 1 guy who isn't interested, the Marracks had a confrontation with Susan and her husband (don't know his name) in the pub...can't remember much else, hope I was some help though.

Bryan
20-01-2008, 14:11
any reason why Susan just randomly collapsed into tears on the beach at the end? God Echo Beach is dire!

DaVeyWaVey
20-01-2008, 14:13
any reason why Susan just randomly collapsed into tears on the beach at the end? God Echo Beach is dire!

:lol: That's what I was wondering! Why did she run on the beach, stop halfway and cry!? It looked like she was going to dig something up on the beach, but I think she was just feeling the sand or whatever... so badly done.

Katy
26-01-2008, 12:58
I think its quite good, i think that maybe the producers would be happy with the spectacula scene.

That girl is so pathetic.

Bryan
26-01-2008, 13:04
echo beach should be axed or put onto itv2, it's an embarassment of a show, and surely isnt worthy of a primtime slot, the acting is woeful.

Moving Wallpaper however is a fresh peice of comedy, and so funny. Especially this running joke about Susie Amy - so funny.

Jessie Wallace
26-01-2008, 14:10
No way, i love them both, just watch the subtilty of Echo Beach and the comedy of Moving Wallpaper, great combo.

Katy
26-01-2008, 14:41
Exactly i think they are great i just love the way the two work together.

Abigail
26-01-2008, 19:23
I don't really like Moving Wallpaper. I find it a bit odd that somebody wrote a script about writing a script for a drama. If that makes sense.

I like Echo Beach, good mix of characters.

Abigail
02-02-2008, 10:50
Ex-Coronation Street actor Chris Bisson is to make a guest appearance in a forthcoming episode of ITV's Echo Beach.

The 32-year-old – who played Corrie's Vikram Desai between 1999 and 2002 – will appear in episode nine of ITV's unique soap concept as Narinder Gurai's (Chandeep Uppal) brother, Amit.

His return ties in with the reveal of Narinder's back-story which explains why she moved to the soap's fictional Cornish town of Polnarren.

A source told DS: "Narinder's brother arrives on the scene and reveals to Ivy the true reason why his sister is in Polnarren and it certainly isn't because she was being forced into an arranged marriage!"

They added: "As she talks to Amit, it soon dawns on Ivy that Narinder's escape to Cornwall is a little more tragic than first realised…"

Bisson's episode transmits on Friday, February 29 on ITV1 at 9.30pm.

Katy
02-02-2008, 15:24
thought Jonothan was brilliant in moving wallpaper. He is hilarious. The bit with Hugo Speer and then sacking the nephew.

Abigail
02-02-2008, 19:22
I'm finding both of these pretty boring now we are several episodes in. I don't think I'll be watching any more episodes.

Katy
03-02-2008, 13:52
i have to say i really enjoy it. I was wondering what jonathon was doing in the hospital and then i realised it was the set where Ian was n hospital. So fuuny.

pookie1968uk
03-02-2008, 14:52
I'm finding both of these pretty boring now we are several episodes in. I don't think I'll be watching any more episodes.

i am struggling with both of them too but still keep watching for some reason! i think i am just hoping they still have time to improve!!

Bryan
09-02-2008, 20:46
The Johnny Briggs bit was so funny in Moving Wallpaper. And the plot thickens in Echo Beach...

Abbie
13-02-2008, 18:21
Echo Beach - Despite the presence of Martine McCutcheon and Jason Donovan, viewers are deserting spoof soap Echo Beach in droves. Poor audience figures are making it one of the least-watched terrestrial channel shows in its slot. It debuted with 5m watching but that number has more than halved.

Found this on the msn homepage

pookie1968uk
13-02-2008, 18:25
still struggling with this. dont think there will be another series do you?

Leannex101x
26-02-2008, 20:20
i love echo beach although half an hour once a week will lose viewers, they should have given the epidodes closer together

Katy
26-02-2008, 20:46
i love it, its soo messsy and trashy just up my street. Loving the susan and Daniel part with Jimmy.

Abigail
29-02-2008, 20:41
still struggling with this. dont think there will be another series do you?

ITV has confirmed Moving Wallpaper will return for a second series, with Echo Beach likely to come back in a "different format".

The future of Echo, which has been less popular than its sister show, is expected to be confirmed later this week. It has been rumoured there could be a run with fewer episodes.

"Moving Wallpaper has been recommissioned, Echo Beach is going to come back but we are not sure how yet," said an ITV spokesman.

Wallpaper's average audience for the series is 3.5m, or a 14.9% share of viewers, which is lower than the average for the slot last year of 4.3m (19.3%). It is attracting many target 16-34-year-olds, however.

Beach's average to date is 3.3m (13.8%) but its audience has been falling and was 2.1m (9%) last week.

Bryan
06-08-2008, 12:07
Echo Beach has definitively been axed, it is my sad duty to report.

It's well-known that Moving Wallpaper is returning for a new series but the fate of its companion soap opera has been rather less clear. There had been rumours that it could be shifted to ITV2, run online or be interspersed as clips within Moving Wallpaper itself.

After weighing up the options, producers have decided to make a clean break for it and change the show entirely. So what's the new plan?

Ben Miller, returning as big-headed executive producer Jonathan Pope, told me: "We're coming back, although it's not about a soap opera. We're not going to be making Echo Beach any more. We're making a zombie show, a 28 Days Later-style pilot, so that's going to be quite fun."

Filming on the new show starts next month for broadcast early in 2009. Surely the campaign to have Martine guest star as one of the zombies must begin here?

Bryan
06-08-2008, 12:16
The new series of Moving Wallpaper has begun filming.

As revealed here last month, Echo Beach has been ditched and the new series will focus on the same writing staff working on a pilot for a new zombie show.

Dave Lamb, who plays Carl (pictured), tells me: "Echo Beach is not coming back, but there's something in Jonathan Pope's contract that means they can't sack him. He has to be allowed to make a pilot. So he attempts to make this pilot involving zombies!"

Unlike Echo Beach, the new zombie series will not air as a separate entity but instead clips of the show will be "interwoven" into Moving Wallpaper.

Lamb, also the narrator on Channel 4's excellent Come Dine With Me, adds of the show's ratings: "In cold hard figures, it didn't do brilliantly but it got the right demographic. It was a very untypical ITV1 audience, and people did stick with it, so it did do well. I thought it got stronger and I'm also very, very pleased with the scripts for this series as well. I've only seen the first three but they're really strong."

The new series airs in early 2009.

Bryan
06-08-2008, 12:16
Echo Beach has definitively been axed, it is my sad duty to report.

It's well-known that Moving Wallpaper is returning for a new series but the fate of its companion soap opera has been rather less clear. There had been rumours that it could be shifted to ITV2, run online or be interspersed as clips within Moving Wallpaper itself.

After weighing up the options, producers have decided to make a clean break for it and change the show entirely. So what's the new plan?

Ben Miller, returning as big-headed executive producer Jonathan Pope, told me: "We're coming back, although it's not about a soap opera. We're not going to be making Echo Beach any more. We're making a zombie show, a 28 Days Later-style pilot, so that's going to be quite fun."

Filming on the new show starts next month for broadcast early in 2009. Surely the campaign to have Martine guest star as one of the zombies must begin here?

annette_tr9
06-08-2008, 12:31
are they still going to be filming in newquay??!!!! that would make much more interesting viewing going to see that filmed on my day off :)