PDA

View Full Version : Screen

Kim
02-01-2008, 01:35
I've got a bit of a problem with my screen, where it's as if the top of the screen has gone under the address bar and all of those. I did install a printer which I got the other day as my dad wanted his back on his computer. By the looks of it the tabs for that printer haven't pushed the top bars down at all, so I was wondering what's gone on?

Here's a screen shot if it helps:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6959/screenproblemct3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

The screen is fine on everything that's not the internet and on google, but does that on everything else.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 01:39
explain it a little more. Is there a tab missing?

Kim
02-01-2008, 01:48
No; some websites it's like the top's missing, and you'd normally scroll up, but I'm actually at the top of the page, and on others, like this one, the bar at the side which indicates where you are on the page appears as if it's under the tabs at the top of the screen, with a bit of the top missing too.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 01:50
oh right, just noticed it at the side so the long tabs at the top are covering the top of the scroll bar. Hmmm, well have you tried moving the tabs?

Kim
02-01-2008, 01:52
I've tried dragging some of the tabs but they don't move.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 01:53
Have you tried right clicking and then going to custimise?

Kim
02-01-2008, 02:05
Right clicking it brings up:

Standard Buttons
Address Bar
Links
Lock the Toolbars
Epson Web-to-Page (That's Dad's printer.)
Show Norton Toolbar
Yahoo! Toolbar

All of which have ticks next to them.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 02:07
Hmmm okay, what about that options button?

Kim
02-01-2008, 02:10
Report site, then there's a line with help under it. I clicked on that and it's to do with Norton Anti-Virus.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 02:13
This is very odd, now it is the tab thats green you need to move out of the way? Up, right? If you right click on there are there any options?

Kim
02-01-2008, 12:53
The green tab has been there for at least a year, so I don't think it's that that is directly causing it.

The scroll bar is ok at the moment, but now the norton bar is only running about three quarters of the way across the screen :s

Abigail
02-01-2008, 12:57
Right click on the individual tabs and delete. That should maybe move things up a bit.

Kim
02-01-2008, 13:06
I got customise to come up in one place somehow, and deleted some of them. It wasn't ok a minute ago but now it seems to be back to normal. :s I'll let you know if it happens again.

EDIT: Youtube's not changed, even after being refreshed.

The scroll bar is as in the screenshot on Bebo, and the tabs I've just deleted are still off of the screen.

Abbie
02-01-2008, 13:08
Good luck :) After deleting you could always restart your computer, you never know could help

Abbie
02-01-2008, 13:14
I got customise to come up in one place somehow, and deleted some of them. It wasn't ok a minute ago but now it seems to be back to normal. :s I'll let you know if it happens again.

EDIT: Youtube's not changed, even after being refreshed.

The scroll bar is as in the screenshot on Bebo, and the tabs I've just deleted are still off of the screen.

Hmm this is very very odd, is there anway you can edit of custimse the scroll bar?

Kim
02-01-2008, 13:20
Right clicked it and it said stuff like top, scroll up, which I pressed, but they don't make the rest of the page appear.

Perdita
16-04-2008, 19:27
I hope somebody can help me. When I switch on my laptop and log on to my settings (the OH and I share a laptop with separate accounts (?)) all of a sudden the background changed to a weird colour and little boxes to click on for jokes and stuff, I don't want this, I want my old background back (Garfield) :crying: Also, the computer is so bloody slow, it is doing my head in and the screen freezes frequently. Any idea what might have gone wrong? :searchme:

Tori
17-04-2008, 21:09
Could it be a virus perdita? If you do a virus scan, that should help sort that one out... It's the only thing I can think of! Hope it sorts!

Perdita
05-05-2008, 13:19
Could it be a virus perdita? If you do a virus scan, that should help sort that one out... It's the only thing I can think of! Hope it sorts!

Thank you Tori, I didi run a virus check and that sorted the problem. :)