PDA

View Full Version : 'Shameless' star "depressed" about plot

Abigail
01-01-2008, 23:14
Shameless star Annabelle Apsion felt "depressed" when producers revealed that her character would be having another baby.

The actress's alter-ego Monica Gallagher will discover that she is expecting her sixth child in the forthcoming fifth series of the Channel 4 show.

"I wasn't very excited when they first told me I was going to be pregnant," Annabelle told the Daily Record. "I felt a bit depressed about it because she's such a bad mother.

"My reaction as Annabelle was, 'Well what about taking care of the children you've already got?' But it's still a real thrill to pretend they're all mine. I love it."

Annabelle added that she has no plans to have children of her own in the future.

"I love children but never felt I had to have my own. I always wanted to foster or adopt. It's terrible for kids to not feel wanted," she explained.

"I've got a lot of love but I think there are plenty of people in the world already, I don't have to bring more in. I'd like to do that with somebody but I haven't met somebody to do it with yet."