PDA

View Full Version : How should the bookgroup be ran?

Abbie
30-12-2007, 18:38
Heya, had quite a bit in interest in the bookclub re-starting but just wodnering how you'd like to do it. Ive already said we'll discuss options for the book we read so we choose one that will suit everyone, well the best we can.
So would you like to read a chapter and then review and discuss as we go along.
Or how we did it last time, read the whole book then discuss.
Deadlines would be discussed once the book has been chosen as it all depends on the length of book or chapters :)

Pinkbanana
30-12-2007, 18:51
Im a bit of a slow reader....lol

Also its nice to discuss as reading it....:)

DaVeyWaVey
30-12-2007, 20:00
I went for 'chapters' option - as PB said, it's nice to discuss a book whilst reading it, and I feel discussing each chapter, will give me more motivation to read on. Discussing each chapter will create a lot more discussion, i think. :)

CrazyLea
30-12-2007, 20:58
Yeah I agree.

As someone who isn't really into books, I'd be more likely to do it if it was by chapter, as I wouldn't get as bored.

Abigail
30-12-2007, 21:04
I can usually read a 300-400 page book in a few days so I'll say the whole book.
I'm happy to go with chapters if thats what people want to do.

di marco
31-12-2007, 09:20
id say the whole book, just cos i think we would have more to discuss, as sometimes not much happens in just one chapter, but i dont mind either way

Katy
31-12-2007, 10:04
im not treally fussed ihtink both ways could work. Maybe something inbetween like spliting it into quarters as then its more likely to have a major event occur in the chaptors as bpoks can have really boring chapters.

Abbie
31-12-2007, 16:29
im not treally fussed ihtink both ways could work. Maybe something inbetween like spliting it into quarters as then its more likely to have a major event occur in the chaptors as bpoks can have really boring chapters.

Yeah I was thinking about that and so far more people want to do it by chapters, but that doesn tmean we would have to read one chapter then discuss, depending on length and other factors maybe we could do it every few chapters. It all depends really on the length I would imagine.?

Siobhan
31-12-2007, 19:28
id say the whole book, just cos i think we would have more to discuss, as sometimes not much happens in just one chapter, but i dont mind either way

I said whole book too, 1 for the reason above but also if someone reads ahead cause they are into the book, they could possible discuss something that hasn't come up yet and confuse or spoil it for everyone

Luna
31-12-2007, 19:54
what about half and half??? pick the middle chapter discuss and speculate whats going to happen then regroup at the end?

Abbie
31-12-2007, 19:56
what about half and half??? pick the middle chapter discuss and speculate whats going to happen then regroup at the end?

Yeah that would be good

I just thought tit would be good to discuss how it should be ran so everyone is happy

StarsOfCCTV
31-12-2007, 20:07
I like the split the book idea e.g. read from page 10-50 or something like that

Tori
31-12-2007, 20:16
i'd say whole book because in some chapters not a lot may happen, and i can read a book fairly quickly depending on what's going on around me!

Abigail
01-01-2008, 16:20
I read a book recently and each chapter was 3 pages long with 125 chapters. It really irritated me. It depends on the book really and the length of chapters

Abbie
01-01-2008, 16:25
Yeah well like I said depending on how we run it, by chapter, or by few chapters or by whole book the deadlines would all be set by the length