PDA

View Full Version : 'Enders Jim Bardon Walks 6 Months After Stroke!!!

yummy_mummy
27-12-2007, 11:28
EastEnders star John Bardon has walked for the first time since he suffered a severe stroke six months ago.

The 67-year-old actor, who plays Dot's husband Jim Branning in the soap, was admitted to hospital in June and was warned that he may never be able to work again.

Bardon was wheelchair-bound and suffered poor speech but he has now made progress by managing to walk a few paces.

A family friend of the star told the Mirror: "It was the first time he has managed to do anything under his own power. We just hope and pray it is the beginning of the recovery to full health, but it will be a long haul."

Since his stroke, fans of the programme have written in to show their support for him. A BBC insider said: "The EastEnders audience want to see John back by Dot Cotton's side as soon as possible."

yey, i'n so glad jim bardon is on the road to recovery, i hope he gets well really soon because i really miss seeing him on scree! of course his maim priority at the moment is his family and friends!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
28-12-2007, 17:42
That's great news! Thanks for posting this, as I was wondering how he is now!

Abbie
28-12-2007, 19:04
Thanks I wondered how he was. Great news, hope the rest of his recovery goes well

Timalay
31-12-2007, 12:03
Yay just read about this. lets hope he'll back by the end of next year.

GwennieS
10-02-2008, 18:00
Does anyone have any more recent information about John's health?