PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst place to order online

Siobhan
06-12-2007, 11:58
Just after recent experience of ordering christmas presents online, I am pretty annoyed at some places I have ordered from.. CD WOW, wow my ****!! They said delivery in 7 - 10 days.. I order 2 weeks ago and they send me a mail now saying there is a delay in orders, that was only after I emailed them lots of times. I now find I won't have my presents for christmas

Best one was Pixmania who delivered in 3 days, from Germany with NO delivery charge.
Oh and as for Parcel Farce!! they said they called me and didn't get an answer.. I didn't leave my number on the site so how could they call!!! then they say "well if you don't answer, we won't deliver"..

Which ones have you found good or bad???

Trinity
06-12-2007, 12:27
Having only done childrens toys so far this Christmas I can say that Toysrus have been very efficient. Previous experience of Woolworths online was so bad that I would not use them again.

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-12-2007, 12:52
I find Play.com are pretty good with deliveries/orders i use them alot for games/dvds

pookie1968uk
06-12-2007, 14:15
i always have no trouble with amazon and play, and hmv.
just been sent the wrong order by woolworths but have not had any trouble with them before so i would have to say that has been a one off for me.

Layne
06-12-2007, 19:45
Boohoo.com were really good, i got my order the day after i'd ordered it :) Very fast delivery time.

CrazyLea
06-12-2007, 19:59
Boohoo were alright, I got mine about 3 days later. Even though I asked for next day delivery. But it wasn't too bad. I was just worried they wouldn't arrive on time.

Amazon usually tend to be good. There are a few times when it takes AGES. But usually fine.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
06-12-2007, 21:01
Boots.com, asos.com are good too..

Katy
06-12-2007, 21:07
Amazon is great for deliveriy, i have never been let down by them, and Empire direct for electricals is very good.

Never really had a bad one

Abigail
06-12-2007, 21:07
Play, Amazon and Boots are always very prompt. My mum orders items from The Book People and they are usually good with delivery.

Katy
08-12-2007, 13:42
music Exchange for Sheet music and books are great. I ordered something and made a mistake i got a personal email back from one of the staff in ten minutes sorting out the problem. I ordered 10 copies of a march book rather than one.

Jojo
08-12-2007, 15:56
Worst place to order online - the one that I "luckily" ordered from with my credit card and discovered it was a scam (luckily covered by my CC but others have not been so fortunate)

Kim
12-12-2007, 19:09
Parcel Force are ridiculous. I wonder if they even bother to look at the door numbers. My revision books were sent by them and they cleverly shoved them through my next door neighbour's door rather than mine, who just happened to be away at the time. My mum thought she'd fallen victim to a scam.

Boots were late with my camera, and I wouldn't order electronics from them. The digital camera which I got with my birthday money broke in a few months.

Siobhan
10-04-2008, 14:17
I started this cause I order a few things online for christmas and CD Wow was one place I ordered

I got some DVD on Nov 30... they are only been dispatched today!!!! 5 months later.. what a joke!!!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-04-2008, 15:57
I have also ordered from:
LaSenza (lingerie brand),
Barry M (cosmetics brand),
Magic Makeup (discontinued make up site),
Amazon (for books),
JerseyBeautyCompany (Dermalogica) &
Ben&Jerry's (for thier Cookie Dough lipgloss haha)
... all .co.uk sites (I don't shop on .com ones) and they are all reliable and fast! x

Abigail
10-04-2008, 20:07
I got some DVD on Nov 30... they are only been dispatched today!!!! 5 months later.. what a joke!!!!

I was going to order some stuff off that site but I was a bit wary because it was new and I didn't know anybody who had bought anything. Definitely won't be using it now!!

I'd rather pay a bit extra from play or amazon and know that it will be delivered.

Perdita
11-04-2008, 06:36
I have ordered plenty from Amazon and never had a problem as such, apart from delayed delivery despite early orders for the latest Harry Potter book which I wanted to take on holiday and there was a week from publishing day to when I was off to Spain, the book never came in time and the same at Christmas, two items I had ordered were late. However, Amazon did inform me by email that they would not be with me before Xmas and I was able to cancel the order without any problems. Well done, Amazon. :clap:

StarsOfCCTV
11-04-2008, 10:54
I always order from Amazon because their a pretty reliable site. I prefer to order direct from them rather than individual sellers on there. When I ordered the Vice, Amazon told me it would be 2 weeks, got it in 4 days! :D

Abigail
11-04-2008, 13:01
Yeah, I find Amazon always deliver quicker than their estimate. I prefer to buy from Amazon then go down town and buy something.

Kim
12-04-2008, 01:26
HMV :angry: I've become a bit obsessed with Doctor Who this half term and I havent't seen all of Series 1, so I ordered that. I initially went on the Amazon site and it said Volumes 1, 2 and 3 were in stock, but Volume 4 wasn't. On the summary, Volume 4 was going to hold up the order so I ordered that on HMV, on Monday. Some of the Amazon came from their merchant in Jersey far ahead of the estimate, and only a day later than the ones from the UK. Checked today and Volume 4 is in on Amazon (it said 6-11 days before they got any more,) and I still had no email from HMV. Mum won't let me cancel HMV because she's got it into her head that HMV will still charge and it's off of her card (I put the money in her bank then order) so I have to wait for HMV. Went on my account on their site earlier and it said they're waiting for a special order or something. Quite outraged at that considering the site said it was in stock!

Ordered Series 2 from Amazon today, estimate of 16th-17th. I'm assuming that's because of the fact that all but one volume's coming from Jersey and this time they've put it in 1 delivery and because of the weekend, but hopefully it will arrive ahead of estimate again.

HMV were only a day slower I think it was than Amazon the last time. Won't be ordering from there again.

*funky*monkey*
15-04-2008, 14:35
Amazon is what I use... Usually delivered within 1-2days:thumbsup:

xxloopylauraxx
15-04-2008, 22:57
a few christmases ago i ordered my laptop the day after boxing day so the 27th december i was wary of using my card online becuase id had it cloned at a bank machine the sept before and refused to use the card any way i ordered it from currys, the email said up to 14 wroking days as it was a sale i got it 2 days later totally unexpected, then just last sunday i ordered a camcorder on the same website and again it said 5-14 working days from wed, friday nite theres a knock at the door its my camcorder. play.com seem to take a while to send. but as i tend not to use online ordereing unless i really have to but some 'companies' on ebay take forever to send and therye always the ones based in the uk too.

Abigail
16-04-2008, 19:18
play.com seem to take a while to send.

Play.com are based in Jersey therefore delivery is longer than companies based in the country, such as Amazon.

Siobhan
17-04-2008, 09:48
play.com seem to take a while to send.

Play.com are based in Jersey therefore delivery is longer than companies based in the country, such as Amazon.

I have to order from Amazon UK and other online outside ireland and they don't seem to take that long

Hollie-x
17-04-2008, 09:59
The only places I've ever ordered anything to be delivered from online ( I use iTunes, but obviously they don't deliver :D) is the Apple shop for the new iPod nano which I got for my birthday this year. And I have to say, not too impressed! The ordering was fine, and no dodgy business with the bank cards or anything, but - I don't know if anyone else has ordered from them - you get an order number and you can use that to track your item eg. being shipped, being delivered etc. However my order was shipped, yep no problems there, then it was saying 'delivery on time' for the next 3 days...
even though I was told I would receive the iPod in 2 days all in.

Don't know if it was just a busy time of year (my birthday is New Year's Day - realising they wouldn't include this as a working day so ordered after.) or what, but haven't and probably wont order from them again. I'd rather go to the store in Manchester.

Abigail
17-04-2008, 19:14
Christmas and New Year are busy times for the postal service and I don't think post is delivered on New Year's day so the workers have to work harder to clear the backlog from Christmas.

Katy
18-04-2008, 21:35
I think Play have been reasonalble quick for me anyway. They have been about three days the same as Amazon.

Pinkbanana
19-04-2008, 11:22
When delivery is slow its often down to our wonderful postal service, I've found!!! Not the seller.

Kim
19-04-2008, 16:25
Definitely. Amazon sent my DVD's out really quickly and I'd had the email saying that they'd been dispatched for several days before they arrived.. and then the postman goes and turns up at 2pm!

Finally got the one from HMV; won't trust them when they say something is in stock again!

sindydoll
19-04-2008, 22:33
i find hmv very slow