PDA

View Full Version : Biggins To Host ITV Teatime Chat Show?

DaVeyWaVey
05-12-2007, 21:47
Taken from Digital Spy:

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here winner Christopher Biggins is reportedly in talks with ITV to host his own talk show.

The King of the Jungle admitted that he hoped his time on the reality show would entice producers to give him his own TV series.

When he left the programme at the weekend, Biggins told the Sunday Mirror: "I would very much like to have my own series. And I would like to think I have shown those in high positions in television and in the industry there is more to Christopher Biggins other than just a pantomime dame."

Reports claim that ITV wants a chat show in the teatime slot to rival Paul O'Grady's Channel 4 programme and bosses are thought to be considering Biggins for the position.

An insider said: "He is an absolute natural for the cosy world of daytime TV. He proved what a great listener he was inside the camp."

------

ITV really should stick Goldenballs in the 5pm slot for 6 months - it is a fantastic gameshow in my opinion. Then have The Great Pretender on for the other 6 months of the year.

I wish ITV would give up trying to create a decent chat show for the 5pm slot to rival O Grady - they tried it with Sharon Osbourne and Antony Cotton and they both flopped! That must tell ITV something - that the chat shows they have created don't work. (can't believe Antony Cotton Show has been recomissioned!).. so as both these chat shows did poor, I don't see how they think a chat show with Christopher Biggins is going to help them - just because he won I'm A Celebrity doesn't mean every viewer wants him hosting a chat show - it seems ITV will stick any celebrity in the 5pm slot with a chat show, until they find one that works.

Abbie
05-12-2007, 21:52
Hmm, he is very funny and it could work, but to be honest Im sick of all these chat shows

Abigail
05-12-2007, 22:21
it seems ITV will stick any celebrity in the 5pm slot with a chat show, until they find one that works.

Any celebrity that has been on a reality show. ITV should just put a game show in there instead of putting endless chat shows on at this time.

CrazyLea
05-12-2007, 22:25
Bring in Donny Osmond is what I say :p.

Or have a gameshow, which isn't rubbish. Golden Balls in rubbish for me. I hate gameshows which are based on luck rather on skill. I like QUIZ shows.