PDA

View Full Version : Billie Piper to return to Dr Who

Luna
27-11-2007, 11:20
Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.
She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.

Trinity
27-11-2007, 12:38
This sounds better and better!

Thank goodness we are having Rose and Martha and not just Catherine Tate!

the next series might be worth watching after all!!

Meh
27-11-2007, 13:03
Billie's been pretty good in Secret diary of a call girl.

Do I want to see her back in Dr Who? Not really, but if it means diluting the presence of Catherine Tate, then yes.

Edit: not that I have anything against CT. She just doesn't fit into Dr WHO IMO

Trinity
27-11-2007, 13:08
Of the three my favourite companion would be Martha - but I HATED Donna, and I cannot see how the character can be turned around.

Anything that keeps Catherine Tate out of Dr Who is to be welcomed.

Abi
27-11-2007, 16:25
If they're going to have 3 companions in 3 episodes, then i reckon one of them will be killed. Its about time a companion died :p And i think they'll get rid of CT, and have FA and BP in the 3 specials in 2009.

I liked Rose. I wonder how they'll explain her coming back?

emma_strange
27-11-2007, 17:35
Yaaaay!:cheer:
I'm really excited about Billie coming back. It gives me a reason to watch again. I didnt like Martha and Donna.

Abbie
27-11-2007, 17:59
Yay Im so happy, 3 epsiodes isnt enough lol :p But I'll have to cope with what we've been given