PDA

View Full Version : Bit Silly but Still..

.:SpIcYsPy:.
24-11-2007, 12:54
I have this cousin of mine from Aussie who is coming to stay over our house from the 16th. I think he will be staying over Christmas Day too..

1)He's a year older than me and a boy so obviously he can't really share a bed with anyone so I have to move out of my room and sleep on the floor. Always happens when someone is around but I think it's totally unfair for one person to move out of my whole room for him. I have a bunkbed as well but my parents think it's unacceptable and also he will feel umcomfortable. (I am very protective of my bed I believe)

2) We always spend our Christmas in a normal way, soon as we wake up run to the presents.. no one else around only family (mum dad sis bruv me).. And now he's staying over he's going to be there too. He comes from a really stingy family and when my parents went over to Aussie this Easter they said that they were really unhelpful (not going to go into great detail but they were VERY bad).. And now his parents expect everyone to have a home for him to stay and do everything and give him everything.. I just really don't want him to stay FOR CHRISTMAS day or something at least. I guess I can put up with the others because it's like not nice but yeah..

I know it sounds pathetic and I guess I am in some ways but it just gets to me.. What can I do or say to my parents or whatever to stop him from staying over at Christmas? They just don't feel the same way I do about it.. Though they are not to keen on him either, from Easter..

Thanks in advance x

Perdita
24-11-2007, 17:31
Is there no way he could share with your brother in the bunkbed? Two boys together and you would not have to give up your bed. Perhaps your family need to turn it round by being especially nice and generous to him to show him what family life can be like, does not sound that he is having too much fun in Aussie by the sound of it, of course, don't know all the details but consider it and discuss it with your family. Why is he coming all the way to UK instead of spending Christmas with his family? He might just feel quite lonely and unwanted, again, I am just guessing. Good luck anyway and have a good Xmas, whatever.

JustJodi
24-11-2007, 21:42
Is there no way he could share with your brother in the bunkbed? Two boys together and you would not have to give up your bed. Perhaps your family need to turn it round by being especially nice and generous to him to show him what family life can be like, does not sound that he is having too much fun in Aussie by the sound of it, of course, don't know all the details but consider it and discuss it with your family. Why is he coming all the way to UK instead of spending Christmas with his family? He might just feel quite lonely and unwanted, again, I am just guessing. Good luck anyway and have a good Xmas, whatever.

It is now getting close to the Australia Summer,, so they have Christmas in the summer months down under,, so maybe they sent the kid over to the UK so the kid could experince the UK WINTERY christmas ????

I agree why not let ur brother and the guy share the bunk b eds........

Good luck with the Christmas morning thing,,, its gonna be tough...:wall:

Kim
24-11-2007, 22:03
Given they're not to keen on him either, I'd just come out and say that if they want him to stay, they can give up their beds for him. Also given the time his parents gave your family at Easter, I'd think should be greatful that he's allowed to come over at all, especially at Christmas, without having someone else sleeping on the floor on his behalf.

I'd just kick up a major fuss about it, but I guess it depends on whether you think it would do any good, or just make it worse.

Hope it turns out ok, Spicy.

JustJodi
24-11-2007, 22:47
you should not be sleeping on the floor,, that is not fair,, you should not have to give up your bed for this cousin,, your parents can get one of those big blow up mattresses and stick it some where,,,if his parents treated your parents as badly as I think,, then he can sleep on an airmattress,,,, i think its time to kick up some poop Spicey :D

Chloe O'brien
24-11-2007, 23:04
Who's idea was it for him to visit if you're parents are not keen on him. I doh't see why there is an issue with him sharing you're brother's room. He is only staying a few weeks so what's wrong with him sleeping in a bunk bed.

Abigail
25-11-2007, 20:02
Why don't you and your brother swap rooms for the duration?

I know his parents weren't nice at Easter but the guy is here on his own, 10,000 miles from home with people he probably hasn't spent much time with. Don't judge him on his parents' actions, he might be a great guy if you get to know him.

Put yourself in his position; how would you feel if you went to Australia on your own to stay with relatives who don't really want you there?

25-11-2007, 20:25
Thanks for all your replies guys.. :)

First of all, I have a bunk all to myself. My brother sleeps with my mum and dad (they know this is pretty bad but we are planning to make more space and get more few new beds etc. and sort the changing arrangements around).. Aunt (whenever she comes around) and sis sleep together.. it's pretty wierd/confusing I know)..

So therefore brother has no own bedroom or anything, only me and my sister have our own rooms, we do not get along at all.. If he did have a bed and my brother was sharing with him it wouldnt be mental because my cousin would be on the floor the next day :lol:

He wasn't planning on staying for Christmas but that's the way his parents booked the ticket, pretty sad because I would like to spend time with my parents on Christmas day only and god knows why he came on holiday during this time but yeah..

I would say that Kim but there is no way they would give up thier superking compared to my bunk to him :lol: Just won't happen sadly since it's only 1 person. The throwing a fuss wouldn't work, sort of tried, got half way and it failed miserably there and then lol..
Jodi = I think my mum is going to get a blow up mattress nowand I'm going to be sleeping in thier room while he stays.. I still rather have my own flippin' room and bed though!
COB = Thing is no one even asked if he could stay over or is there any space or anything. My dad's aunt just said he can stay over at this date and then I will take him on this date etc etc. We didn't really have no say. My mum and dad just thinks what comes around goes around so hopefully all the bad things they do will affect them and all the good thinsg we do for him will hopefully come another way to us.. Sometimes believe in this but I just hope the good things come quick because I want my bed! :p

My mum said that to JB, it made me think about it abit.. He's staying from 16th Dec to 26th Dec I think.. :( 10 days!.. Lol.. including Christmas which as you guys know I'm not happy with but I guess it's just one year so yeah, in a way I feel sorry that they didn't really ask him to come, they are sort of saying stay there and come whenever.. I guess I have to make it work.. Grr..

x

Perdita
26-11-2007, 09:52
It might not turn out to be as bad as you presenly imagine it will be. Give the guy a chance, he should not be made to suffer for his parents' failings.

07-10-2008, 07:22
Got my computer fixed in time for me to have another moan!
My girl cousin and her parents are coming around (yes the same family, just not my bro cousin this time)..
Now it's really going to be a problem!
I really don't get along with my cousin, at all.. And well you guys know what I said about the parents right..
Well again, me and my brother are getting kicked out of my room and they will be sleeping here..
There's quite a few people from all over the world coming here as somone has passed away. I honestly with all my heart wouldn't mind if someone else came to stay but last night I cried myself to sleep over it (sad I know!)..
I just feel like it's a total disruption and I have school and things as well.. I am going to pretty much hide everything because she tries to be like me and will ask for whatever I have (a bad trait of hers)..
She is totally upfront and if she wants something she just asks, not in a nice way either, so everything is going to be hidden in my drawers, she's coming today and I only found out around 11pm yesterday so I have to rush everything tonight :(

I will also let you guys into something that happend last Easter.. When my parents were planning on going Australia and they told them, they straight away replied, "with we got no room in our house (when my parents went to visit they clearly did!) so we suggest you get a hotel to stay at."
Yet they didn't even ask us and Dad being the big hearted man that he is, is allowing them to stay with us (if they end up coming here - most definitely are), when we really haven't got any space (big fam) and yet again I get to sleep on the floor.. Lovely :)

Any suggestions guys, I honestly hope it dosen't sound like 'me me me'.. Give me a slap if you want and you think it does, with suggestions of course! :p

di marco
07-10-2008, 07:42
how long are they staying for? seeing as its the whole family i dont see why they cant stay in a hotel tbh its a bit unfair on you and your family having all of them stay at your house imo

07-10-2008, 07:48
That's the thing.. We don't know!
But in terms of the whole trip, I don't know but will try and find out (over a week though)
If they like our house they will probably try and sit tight for as long as they can.. I just hope they go as soon as they come! :(

Perdita
07-10-2008, 08:19
Sorry that you have to go through all this again and your cousin does not sound a nice person at all. Are they coming at a time you need to go to school? Surely your educational needs must take priority and sleeping on a floor will not help you get a decent sleep which you need for good school work and sleeping on the floor can't be good for your back :nono: I am sorry, but I can't think of anything else at the mo. :)

07-10-2008, 18:20
Yup, I will be at school for the next 2 days, have Friday off (teachers day) but I am planning on going out.. If they stay until next week (we don't know when they are leaving!) then yeah it will disrupt school even more.
Mum said she will get out this little matress for me so it's not as uncomfortable but I just want my bed you know, who dosen't?! :p
Thanks anyways x

08-10-2008, 08:23
They are here, got here around 11pm and I was in bed, they left the house at 7am just as I woke up so I haven't seen them yet.. I think I might see them tonight but I'm not sure as I think they may be coming late again..
I am just going to go on with my day and not think about it because it really distracted me yesterday.. x

Perdita
08-10-2008, 08:30
Aww, I wish you all the best x

17-10-2008, 22:24
They ended up staying for 3 days and 3 nights but I only saw them for 1 day and 1 night as I was busy and they went out, came back late etc.
Didn't speak much, few words exchanged (not really a big convo. or anything) and I was busy with school stuff..

They were meant to leave on the 19th but my aunt and cous decided to extend their stay till the 27th (uncle's going back) and now I think they are going to come here on Monday or whatever (not sure, will update) and stay with us until they go! :cry:
I seriously don't know what to do anymore.. I think I will just over-react and go in the corner and cry :) x

di marco
17-10-2008, 22:31
They ended up staying for 3 days and 3 nights but I only saw them for 1 day and 1 night as I was busy and they went out, came back late etc.
Didn't speak much, few words exchanged (not really a big convo. or anything) and I was busy with school stuff..

They were meant to leave on the 19th but my aunt and cous decided to extend their stay till the 27th (uncle's going back) and now I think they are going to come here on Monday or whatever (not sure, will update) and stay with us until they go! :cry:
I seriously don't know what to do anymore.. I think I will just over-react and go in the corner and cry :) x

sorry to hear that they might be coming back to stay with you again. cant your parents subtly suggest that they get a hotel?

17-10-2008, 22:53
I don't think it will happen. Mum just says that we should do the right thing and hopefully they will understand it's wrong.
If it were my other cousins coming to stay I would give up everything for them and try to be with them 24/7 but it's just not happening with my Aussi cousins.. *sigh*
When I find out the actual day I have to 'pack' my clothes (that's what I did last time in a mini suitcase as I don't like disturbing people lol) and hide everything again!
Least I have my half term to myself!..
x

Chloe O'brien
17-10-2008, 23:29
Sorry Spicy but I'm going to get on my high horse here. Have you told your parents how upset you are at having to give up your room. I had kind of the same problem last year when my nephew was getting married, my oldest sister and her husband were coming up to stay from Leeds and my other sister who is the grooms mother told them they could stay with me. I put my foot down because my brother in law has a problem with alcohol he drinks about four litres of cider a day and I'm sorry but I was not prepared to have Marley witness this. I told them it was not pratical for them to stay with me so they found a hotel. It's all fine having relatives and friends to stay but you have to put your own family first.

18-10-2008, 13:25
Yup I have told them and they are totally cool with me complaning about them 24/7 loool. They just keep telling me how I have to be the better person and adjust and all that which I don't honestly don't mind. I just want them to get a taster of how they treat everyone else, how else are they going to learn?! If they were all lovely with manners then I wouldn't annoyed but I wouldn't mind having them around you know..?
Another thing that ticked me off was that they gave my bro and my sister gifts as they were staying over and then she told my mum I was too old to get anything and that I would understand! She said that to my mum! My mum was too shocked to say anthing but hello you guys were staying in my room!
I just rather have people offering me something and me saying no than them not giving me anything you know? Jeez guys, just be nice and there will be no problems!

di marco
18-10-2008, 13:59
Yup I have told them and they are totally cool with me complaning about them 24/7 loool. They just keep telling me how I have to be the better person and adjust and all that which I don't honestly don't mind. I just want them to get a taster of how they treat everyone else, how else are they going to learn?! If they were all lovely with manners then I wouldn't annoyed but I wouldn't mind having them around you know..?
Another thing that ticked me off was that they gave my bro and my sister gifts as they were staying over and then she told my mum I was too old to get anything and that I would understand! She said that to my mum! My mum was too shocked to say anthing but hello you guys were staying in my room!
I just rather have people offering me something and me saying no than them not giving me anything you know? Jeez guys, just be nice and there will be no problems!

they sound really horrible spicy! my mum used to be like that with my dads sisters, telling us we have to be nice to them cos it makes us a better person than they are, but now shes got so fed up of them taking advantage of us and never letting us know anything etc that shes given up now cos they dont appreciate it

Abbie
18-10-2008, 14:31
That sounds horrible when you give up your room and everything, they should show you that they are greatful!!