PDA

View Full Version : Out of the mouths of babes

Perdita
21-11-2007, 13:28
Children's Prayers

One particular four year old prayed "And forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets".

A little boy was overheard praying: "LORD, IF YOU CAN'T MAKE ME A BETTER BOY, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. I AM HAVING A REAL GOOD TIME LIKE I AM."

The preacher was wired for sound with a lapel microphone and as he preached, he moved briskly about the platform, jerkling the mike cord as he went. Then he moved to one side, getting wound up in the cord and nearly tripped before jerking it again. After several circles and jerks, a little girl in the third pew leaned toward her mother and whispered: "If he gets loose, will he hurt us?"

A mother was making pancakes for her sons Kevin, 5 and Ryan, 3. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson. "If Jesus were sitting here, He would say 'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait'". Kevin turned to his younger brother and said: "Ryan, you be Jesus!"

A father was at the beach with his children when his four year old son ran up to him, grabbed his hand and led him to the shore where a seagull lay dead in the sand. "Daddy, what happened to him?" Dad replied: He died and went to Heaven". The boy thought for a moment and then said: "Did God throw him back down?"

This one from a 3 year old: "Our Father, who does art in heaven, Howard is his name..."