PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Xmas Special

StarsOfCCTV
20-11-2007, 00:01
HOLBY CITY fans are in for a treat this Christmas, as details of the show's festive episode are released.

Based on the James Stewart classic It's A Wonderful Life, the story will follow surgeon Elliot Hope (Paul Bradley) as he crumbles under the pressure of a devastating year.

The widower, still mourning the death of wife Gina, has also had to watch his son succumb to drug addiction, and as the lad awaits a prison sentence, Elliot snaps, walking out of Holby shortly before he is due to perform a heart transplant.

The story then sees the heartbroken medic wander through the city, until he reaches a bridge, where he intends to commit suicide. However, a mysterious stranger (played by Richard Briers) appears out of nowhere and persuades the depressed chap to step down and follow him.

The man is called George and the first sight he shows Elliot is a run-down warehouse full of patients, where he sees himself save the lives of a woman and her baby.

Despite the successful operation, the surgeon still thinks the world would be a better place if he had never been born - so George offers to show him just how things would have turned out if his wish was granted.

Over the course of the episode, we discover Joseph (Luke Roberts) is in a psychiatric ward, Connie (Amanda Mealing) doesn't recognise him, Mark (Robert Powell) is in a wheelchair and several other members of staff have died as a result of the crossbow attack on the ward.

Elliot can't understand how all this is possible, but George reminds him he has never been born. Slowly he begins to understand.

Elliot then asks about Gina (Gillian Bevan), and George tells him she is still alive. Sadly, things haven't turned out quite as she'd hoped. She is in a wheelchair, with a cheating husband and family that doesn't speak to each other.

She tells him she would love to be able to die in peace on her own terms, but doesn't feel she can, while her home life is in such disarray. Elliot begins to realise how much he has touched other people's lives and wishes for his old life back - problems and all.

Personally I think this episode will be quite good :p

Chloe O'brien
20-11-2007, 00:04
Aw that sounds so sad I love the film It's a wonderful life and I'm sure Paul Bradley will play Eliott's downward spiral wonderfully.

Abigail
20-11-2007, 00:07
This sounds so good. I'm not sure how they're going to do the "this is how life would be without you" bit but I'm sure they'll come up with something.

moonstorm
20-11-2007, 08:22
Oh dear, this is going to be a hankie episode. I was crying just reading the spoilers.

Debbie Meadows
20-11-2007, 10:09
Wow sounds really cool, can't wait for the episode and I'm glad it's just a Holby episode this time rather then joining with Casualty all the time even though the joint episodes are good too when they do join up.

I love Elliot's character, he's great!!

Abigail
20-11-2007, 11:26
Yeah, it makes a change to have a Holby Xmas special without Casualty. I suppose Casualty is going to have another MajAx this year. Wonder what it'll involve :hmm:

CrazyLea
20-11-2007, 17:02
This sounds awesome! Really looking forward to this :D

samantha nixon
20-11-2007, 17:08
Aww, I think this is going to be a realy good episode, and probably quite sad

StarsOfCCTV
20-11-2007, 17:57
Yeah, it makes a change to have a Holby Xmas special without Casualty. I suppose Casualty is going to have another MajAx this year. Wonder what it'll involve :hmm:

An explosion, train crash or multicar pile-up :lol:

Abigail
20-11-2007, 23:07

An explosion, train crash or multicar pile-up :lol:

I don't think they've had a train crash recently.
This episode is going to be so sad :crying:

Nelli
22-11-2007, 17:10
This sounds like a fantastic episode, can't wait!