PDA

View Full Version : Isabel Lucas Faces Arrest

Abigail
19-11-2007, 20:42
Japanese police have issued an arrest warrant for Logie award-winning Australian actor Isabel Lucas, after her part in an anti-whaling protest last month. The former Home & Away star joined other celebrities and professional surfers to form a floating circle on surf boards offshore near the coastal village of Taiji in late October.

Lucas, along with five others including Heroes TV star Hayden Panettiere, have now been charged with "interfering with international commerce", But Lucas played down the arrest warrants, saying they would only "embolden those risking their lives to halt the killings". "I'm not scared in the least about going back there (to Japan)," she said.

"In fact, now I think it would draw even more attention to the barbaric act."

Katy
19-11-2007, 21:49
That sounds odd, but i suppose they have different laws in places like Japan so what she did was probably wrong. i don't understand what they actually did though.

Abbie
19-11-2007, 23:51
yeah what did they do?
and wow just thought, this is the girl that played Tasha?

Abigail
20-11-2007, 00:01
They did a protest to stop whaling in Asia. Its a big problem at the moment because they are a delicacy in Asia and some whales are endangered. They formed a circle in the sea on their surf boards and must have obstructed sea traffic and trading.
She did play Tasha.

tammyy2j
20-11-2007, 12:04
Sorry this maybe off topic but was she not dating the actor Chris Hemsworth who played Kim Hyde?

I recently seen rumours linking him to Heroes star Hayden Panettiere

Abigail
20-11-2007, 12:39
I'm not sure. Chris is now in America, he's got a part in the new Star Trek film.

~*~Leanne~*~
20-11-2007, 17:47
on wikipedia it says that it was for dolphin hunting and that they went out to stop the slaughter of them

Abigail
20-11-2007, 23:09
on wikipedia it says that it was for dolphin hunting and that they went out to stop the slaughter of them

That's wierd. Backtothebay.net, where the OP came from, said it was for anti-whaling :hmm:

Abbie
20-11-2007, 23:10
well dolphin or whale, now that I know what its for I dont think its bad, it was for a good cause