PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls - Headlines

tammyy2j
31-10-2007, 16:06
Spice Girls support Pudsey with new single
BBC Children in Need is delighted to announce that the Spice Girls will be donating all of their profits from their new single – Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) – to the charity's 2007 Appeal.

This single is one of two new songs that the Spice Girls have recorded for their Greatest Hits album and the five-piece will perform the song especially for BBC Children in Need viewers on Friday 16 November.

The Spice Girls' last single release was in November 2000, when the band topped the Official UK chart with the double A-side "Holler/Let Love Lead The Way".

Melanie Chisolm confirmed the news on Radio 1, saying: "It's really beautiful. Anybody who loved the old Spice Girls stuff is going to love this."

Fans of the Spice Girls who just can't wait until Friday 16 November can look forward to a world exclusive screening of the video of Headlines, which will launch the run up to Children in Need Night, on BBC One on Friday 2 November.

The single will be commercially available from Monday 19 November. Every single copy sold will help BBC Children in Need top last year's total of £33 million.

check out you tube to hear the single

Abigail
31-10-2007, 16:09
Please don't tell me this is going to be the official CIN song :eek: :eek:

Abbie
31-10-2007, 19:44
Hang on?? Is this their new song :eek:

Abigail
31-10-2007, 20:17
YouTube - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) Video mel b Spice Girls

This is the new song. The video hasn't been released yet so somebody has put the song to a different video. Makes no sense but hey...

Abbie
31-10-2007, 21:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bMhl8ci2A8

This is the new song. The video hasn't been released yet so somebody has put the song to a different video. Makes no sense but hey...

Yeah, Ive seen that doen before, or to pictures

.:SpIcYsPy:.
01-11-2007, 21:06
Apparently the video is released tomorrow? x

Abigail
02-11-2007, 12:46
The premiere of the new Spice Girls video will launch this year's Children In Need appeal tonight.

'Headlines', the girl group's first single since November 2000, will air on BBC One at 7.55pm this evening.

The premiere kicks off this year's TV charity fundraiser, which climaxes on November 16, when the band will perform the single live.

The song will be available to download from Monday and gets a physical release on November 16.

All profits from the single will go towards Children In Need.

Chris_2k11
02-11-2007, 18:38
its totally rubbish, a real let down

Chris_2k11
02-11-2007, 21:45
the video :eek:

Video Spice GIrls - Headlines (Friendship never ends) - spice, girls, headlines, friendship, of - Dailymotion Share Your Videos@@AMEPARAM@@value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6No8aPr2QbmzInLtn"@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6No8aPr2QbmzInLtn

Abigail
02-11-2007, 21:50
The song is growing on me. The video is ok.

Abbie
02-11-2007, 21:55
I sorta, kinda like it
And oh my god the video, they all look so different- I dont like Victoria

Chris_2k11
02-11-2007, 22:05
- I dont like Victorialol who does Abbie :D

CrazyLea
02-11-2007, 22:07
My dad does :|. Although I think he just says he does to annoy us. But if we say something bad about her, he always sticks up for her :p

Abbie
02-11-2007, 22:07
And in the video, she was trying to be...well you know and ahhhh she annoys me

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-11-2007, 11:27
I agree with you jellybelly.. Since it's going to be the CIN song (pretty certain) I think I will be sure to like it more..

Abigail
04-11-2007, 12:16
I agree with you jellybelly.. Since it's going to be the CIN song (pretty certain) I think I will be sure to like it more..

Spice Girls fans are going to buy it anyway whether they like it or not just to get them to the top spot.

Abbie
04-11-2007, 13:17
hehe the song is growing on me more and as a old spice girl fan I do like it

Abigail
10-11-2007, 21:15
The Spice Girls' comeback track 'Headlines' has been branded "not strong enough" by Radio 1's playlist team.

Despite the hype surrounding the girls' forthcoming world tour, their new song is receiving just one play per day on the station after bosses decided to give it C-list status.

Radio 1's Head of Music, George Ergatoudis, told The Mirror: "The opinion of the Radio 1 playlist team is that the song isn't strong enough.

"Clearly there's a huge number of Spice Girls fans out there - look at the tickets they have sold. But 'Headlines' is very disappointing. The song simply isn't strong enough.. it would have been a B-side in their heyday."

'Headlines' became available for download last weekend and it is expected to debut at number twenty in the UK singles chart after selling just over 4,900 copies.

A source close to the Spice Girls admitted: "They wanted it to be a surefire No.1 on downloads alone but it has failed to connect with the public."

sindydoll
13-11-2007, 19:53
The Spice Girls' comeback track 'Headlines' has been branded "not strong enough" by Radio 1's playlist team.

Despite the hype surrounding the girls' forthcoming world tour, their new song is receiving just one play per day on the station after bosses decided to give it C-list status.

Radio 1's Head of Music, George Ergatoudis, told The Mirror: "The opinion of the Radio 1 playlist team is that the song isn't strong enough.

"Clearly there's a huge number of Spice Girls fans out there - look at the tickets they have sold. But 'Headlines' is very disappointing. The song simply isn't strong enough.. it would have been a B-side in their heyday."

'Headlines' became available for download last weekend and it is expected to debut at number twenty in the UK singles chart after selling just over 4,900 copies.

A source close to the Spice Girls admitted: "They wanted it to be a surefire No.1 on downloads alone but it has failed to connect with the public."
its not doing has well has expected is it i also read somewhere that greatest hits isnt heading for the number 1 spot like expected

Chris_2k11
13-11-2007, 21:21
Leona is beating them haha :)

Abbie
13-11-2007, 21:32
So has the song been released yet or is it just to download so far?

Abigail
13-11-2007, 21:34
It was released last Monday. It reached number 20.

Abbie
13-11-2007, 21:47
It was released last Monday. It reached number 20.

Oh my god really? I never knew that, but the chart is on a sunday

Abigail
13-11-2007, 21:55
Sunday's chart
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml

Chris_2k11
13-11-2007, 21:56
that might be just on downloads, i dont think its been released properly yet?

Abbie
13-11-2007, 22:02
I was gonna say cos if it was released on monday how an it of beenon sundays chart?

Abigail
14-11-2007, 12:08
I was gonna say cos if it was released on monday how an it of beenon sundays chart?

It was released last Monday, 5th November and was on Sunday's chart, 11th November.

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-11-2007, 12:12
I've seen this video so much in the last week and i really don't like it, i know they are all a bit old for the action stuff and the weird clothes they used to wear but that is what the Spice Girls are so if they can't pull it off why come back - they don't do anything in the video but sit there and the song isn't that good either

Abigail
14-11-2007, 12:14
Has anybody seen their Tesco advert? I don't really know what to think.
YouTube - Spice Girls Tesco Christmas Advert (2007)

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-11-2007, 12:19
Has anybody seen their Tesco advert? I don't really know what to think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuEh99hUOo

Yeah iv'e seen that i think that is class - best advert i've seen for a while :cheer:

Abbie
14-11-2007, 15:09
Love the advert :)

Hehe and when you said monday at first I thought monday just gone

Chris_2k11
18-11-2007, 17:05
Spicies down from 20 to 23 now

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2007, 00:15
Oh my bleeding heart,they're luck they're still in the top 40 with that rubbish.

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 14:43
It should make Number One just based on Children In Need but i can't stand the song. I only hope people buy it because it's for a good cause

pookie1968uk
19-11-2007, 15:00
It should make Number One just based on Children In Need but i can't stand the song. I only hope people buy it because it's for a good cause

better still dont buy the record and just give the money direct to Children in Need!!!!

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 15:04

better still dont buy the record and just give the money direct to Children in Need!!!!

Yep exactly

What i found extraordinary was on the night of Children In Need they were on a world tour. Surely the management and record company would have thought common sense were doing the official Children In Need record lets actually be at Children In Need

pookie1968uk
19-11-2007, 15:11

Yep exactly

What i found extraordinary was on the night of Children In Need they were on a world tour. Surely the management and record company would have thought common sense were doing the official Children In Need record lets actually be at Children In Need

lol ll theyre prob not that bothered about children in need its all just a load of PR for their return!

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 15:16

Yep exactly

lol ll theyre prob not that bothered about children in need its all just a load of PR for their return!

Very true

Just like they showed them every now and again all sat around the table as if they were watching all night but yet in some of the shots were wearing different outfits to the ones in the previous shots :clap:

Silly sods :wall:

I'll give them a year then Geri will get bored and Posh will not be spending enough time with David and the kids and leave

By then they should have made there money

Abigail
19-11-2007, 16:04
What i found extraordinary was on the night of Children In Need they were on a world tour. Surely the management and record company would have thought common sense were doing the official Children In Need record lets actually be at Children In Need. lol they're prob not that bothered about children in need its all just a load of PR for their return!

Good point. If they're doing the official single they should have at least made an effort to be at the live show and sing LIVE not mime. It's probably the worst CIN single ever, what's it got to do with children living in poverty etc? I always think that the official song should have some link to what the cause is about.

I'll give them a year then Geri will get bored and Posh will not be spending enough time with David and the kids and leave
By then they should have made there money

A year?! I give them six months. It's not as if Posh needs the money. The rest do, most of them have kids to support and are single parents. Wonder who is looking after their children whilst they are away :hmm:

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 16:17
Good point. If they're doing the official single they should have at least made an effort to be at the live show and sing LIVE not mime. It's probably the worst CIN single ever, what's it got to do with children living in poverty etc? I always think that the official song should have some link to what the cause is about.

A year?! I give them six months. It's not as if Posh needs the money. The rest do, most of them have kids to support and are single parents. Wonder who is looking after their children whilst they are away :hmm:

They'll all have these massively overpaid child minders who watch the kids while staying at there houses rent free :readtheru

Totally agree with the Children In Need song being something about the cause as well

If were going to be made to buy a record every year for the cause I'd rather buy the Live Aid song year after year instead of having to buy the poor attempts that keep coming year after year :searchme:

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2007, 22:34
Thank god that CIN are not relying on sales of the record helping underprivilige children or their would be no money raised. In the past I have bought charity records for CIN and Comic Relief, even if the records has been rubbish but heavens above Terry Wogan could have recorded a better song.

Abigail
19-11-2007, 23:38
I've got this terrible song in my head :eek:
I wonder how much of the sales revenue will go to CIN and how much SG will cream off :hmm: I wouldn't put it past them to take more than their fare share. They're only in it for the money and PR.

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2007, 23:41
I only heard it for the first time on Friday night. Then Marley turned round and said that's rubbish when's Leona coming on :rotfl:

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 23:44
Well they claim that they will make no profit on the single but it makes you wonder

I think it's definitely PR related almost 100% sure of that

Hopefully if it is they'll make there next single better

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2007, 23:52
It's just as well they got paid £200,000 grand each for their tesco's ad.

Abigail
20-11-2007, 00:02

I thought they got £1m each.
I think £200k each is more than enough for appearing in a 30 second commercial that probably took a day to film.

Abigail
20-11-2007, 00:05

I thought they got £1m each.
I think £200k each is more than enough for appearing in a 30 second commercial that probably took a day to film.

Yeah, one million squid each :eek: From celeb gossip

The Spice Girls have agreed to star in a new TV ad for Tesco, and will each pocket £1 million from the deal.

Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Mel B, Mel C and Victoria Beckham are expected to poke fun at themselves in the commercial, which will start airing shortly after their greatest hits album is released on November 12.

A source told The Mirror: "Tesco is one of the tour sponsors and has been desperate to get them in an advert. They will be sending themselves up, in the tradition of the old Jane Horrocks ads, and viewers should find it funny."

The girls' reunion tour kicks off on 2 December in Vancouver, Canada.

Chloe O'brien
20-11-2007, 00:09
A million quid that's scandulous I would have wore that Transformer mask for 1/2 a million. :lol:

Abbie
20-11-2007, 09:39

:eek: really
well I love that add, dine it kinda funny

Wizardardo
20-11-2007, 09:57
1 million pounds to do a advert. Unbelievable

Most people would be set up for life on that never mind the money off the world tour, merchandise and the money on the sly they receive from CIN

I refuse to buy Cd's anymore i either get them for free or not at all. That's why a radio was invented :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
22-11-2007, 14:37
I've finally discovered who the brainless idiot is too blame for the Spice Girls reforming. It's Steve McClaren :eek: Listen this is a logical answer. Since McClaren took over the England Manager's job he has refused to play David Beckham in any of the matches, plus David has not been playing many games for his new team. So he can't be making much dosh, so what is a man to do? He sends his Mrs back out to work. :rotfl:

Abigail
23-11-2007, 13:04
From DS

Reverend and the Makers singer John McClure has made a scathing attack on the reunited Spice Girls.

The frontman claims that the girl group have had a negative effect on the music industry and that they look an embarrassment on stage.

He told the Daily Star: "The Spice Girls are in it for the money.

"They’re totally devoid of talent and everyone knows why they’re back. All these reunions of old codgers like them is f**king rubbish.

"The Spice Girls look like d**kheads, walking around in PVC like grandmas."

McClure also took a swipe at Simon Cowell, comparing him to the devil and blaming him for the troubles of struggling musicians.

He added: "It’s not fair on the musicians fighting a losing battle trying to get heard. The music industry is full of nepotism and I’d like to see the fat cats on their knees.

"People like Simon Cowell are the Devil."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Abigail
23-11-2007, 13:05
From DS

Danish pop group Alphabeat have refused to support The Spice Girls on the UK leg of their world tour because they do not like their music.

The European singers were asked by the five-piece to play a series of gigs at London's O2 Arena in January, but they decided against it after hearing the girls' tracks.

A source told The Sun: "They're (Alphabeat) not the biggest fans of the girls. It's not really how they want to launch in the U.K."

The Spice Girls have now decided not to have a support act during the London shows.

Alphabeat are expected to become huge next year after record label EMI won a bidding war to get them on board. Mika's manager is also representing the group.

Siobhan
23-11-2007, 13:12
A million quid that's scandulous I would have wore that Transformer mask for 1/2 a million. :lol:

Kath.. give me the other half and I will star along with you

Chris_2k11
02-12-2007, 20:40
Geri interview YouTube - Geri Haliwell - Ushi Interview (Dutch Tv).

LMAO this is sooo funny :rotfl:

Abigail
15-12-2007, 18:29
From DS

Emma Bunton has insisted that the Spice Girls are not making a permanent return to pop.

The singer revealed that her main priority is spending time with her partner Jade Jones and their four-month-old baby boy, Beau.

"Our priorities have changed," Emma told The Sun. "We are not going to carry on."

"I love being with Beau, I feel very lucky that he's constantly with me and Jade," she said. "Jade is the original Spice boy."

pookie1968uk
15-12-2007, 22:29
From DS

Emma Bunton has insisted that the Spice Girls are not making a permanent return to pop.

The singer revealed that her main priority is spending time with her partner Jade Jones and their four-month-old baby boy, Beau.

"Our priorities have changed," Emma told The Sun. "We are not going to carry on."

"I love being with Beau, I feel very lucky that he's constantly with me and Jade," she said. "Jade is the original Spice boy."

phew! thank goodness for that!!! :lol:

Abbie
15-12-2007, 22:45
Geri interview YouTube - Geri Haliwell - Ushi Interview (Dutch Tv). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBE8EGPCLEk)

Lol, that was great, knew to had to be a joke, but who is wendy?

Chloe O'brien
15-12-2007, 22:55
From DS

We all knew all along that they were only doing for the money, they didn't give a monkeys about the public who bought tickets to see them from day 1

Perdita
16-12-2007, 12:36
I wonder whether so many people would have bought tickets if they had known before that they got together just for this tour :hmm: I never liked them when they first got together and certainly will not miss them once they go their own ways again.

Chris_2k11
16-12-2007, 16:33
Geri interview YouTube - Geri Haliwell - Ushi Interview (Dutch Tv). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBE8EGPCLEk)

Lol, that was great, knew to had to be a joke, but who is wendy?lol not sure! I love the bit where she shouts "FUTURE PLANS!!" :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
16-12-2007, 19:24
Headlines #95 :rotfl: FLOP!

Abigail
16-12-2007, 19:37
Oh dear, seems everybody saw through their "comeback" :lol:

Abbie
16-12-2007, 20:23
But who on earth is Wendy????

Chris_2k11
16-12-2007, 21:31
done some digging for you abbie :p here's her imdb page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1133409/) its all in foreign though lol

Abbie
17-12-2007, 16:31
done some digging for you abbie :p here's her imdb page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1133409/) its all in foreign though lol

Well know wonder I havent heard of her, how does Geri know her then?

Chris_2k11
04-01-2008, 19:05
Geri Halliwell has claimed that it is unlikely that the Spice Girls will make a profit from their reunion tour.

The singer said that, despite reports that the girls were getting paid millions of pounds to perform, they will be lucky if they break even because of the costs of putting on the shows.

She is quoted as saying: "The truth of the matter is, to put on this tour has cost $37 million (£18.6 million). We have done this purely to celebrate our fans, the music and ourselves.

"This is not a money-making expedition. It really isn't. Hopefully we will break even but it's never been about that.

"If we take home a pay cheque that's fantastic, but this is about party and celebration."

Abbie
04-01-2008, 19:23
Gosh, so its not about the money...thats nice

Chris_2k11
04-01-2008, 21:11
Im not sure. I think she might actually be being genuine here, i mean its not like any of them aren't well off is it so why would they need the money?

Abbie
04-01-2008, 21:13
Oh I know thats what I meant, I never realised they were spending so much money on the concerts and you are right they all have really good lives and there was no desperate need to do this