PDA

View Full Version : Former Casualty Star Liz Carling in theatre

bubblegum_fairy
27-10-2007, 21:17
TWO Tees Valley theatres are gearing up for some very special anniversary events.

Middlesbrough Theatre’s ANNIVERSARY GALA CONCERT takes place on Sunday, toasting 50 years of theatre; then on Sunday, November 4, Darlington’s Civic Theatre marks its centenary with a GALA EVENING.

At the Middlesbrough event performers from all the major local amateur operatic and dramatic societies, together with youngsters from local dance schools will be joined by special guests from the world of professional theatre in a great night of variety.

The concert is hosted by Matthew Davies of BBC Tees. Tickets are priced £11 conc £10, details on 01642 815181.

In Darlington, the Gala Evening will feature live music, comedy, dancing and entertainment.

Tickets are £40, £45 and £50. Details on 01325 486555.

MEANWHILE work is now well under way on a very special production of Catherine Cookson’s THE FIFTEEN STREETS - especially commissioned for Darlington Civic Theatre’s centenary season.

The powerful saga will feature professional actors and people from the local community, and will also feature especially commissioned music.

Ian Dickens, directing and organising the production, confirmed Teesside actress Liz Carling is to take the title role of Mary Llewellyn - the school teacher daughter of a wealthy shipyard owner.

“She’s a Middlesbrough girl and was delighted to be taking part in the show during this very special season,” he says.

The remaining professional cast are due to be announced soon, and scores of locals are now being put through their paces to be ready in time for the show’s run from November 25-December 1.

“I’ve never done a pro-am production before,” says Ian. “But I was very proud to be asked to put together this 100th anniversary production for Darlington.

“It’s a big production with a huge set - we’ll be recreating Tyneside on the stage.”

Tickets are priced £15 to £21.

More info here.. http://www.darlingtonarts.co.uk/Main+Menu/Whats+On/Performance/Performance.htm?EventID=131549

Anyone going to go...?

Pinkbanana
28-10-2007, 00:12
[I]TWO Tees Valley theatres are gearing up for some very special anniversary events.

Middlesbrough Theatre’s ANNIVERSARY GALA CONCERT takes place on Sunday, toasting 50 years of theatre;

Anyone going to go...?

Middlesbrough (recently named the worst place to live!!! I dont live that far away, and have to say it isnt that bad) hasnt got a theatre, has it? :confused:

irish eyes
28-10-2007, 00:23
Should really be in the general casualty topic as its not really a spoiler.

StarsOfCCTV
28-10-2007, 01:08
I would but Middlesborough is ages away! :( But....is it just me or does every Casualty character who leaves go into theatre? :lol: