View Full Version : Steps

Tannie
19-10-2007, 12:10
Now These Were a good band.
And now thanks to vicky dearest i like them again:D
Haha! Their dance songs are just to cool:D:cool::p

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 12:12
They were fabulous my dear, Faye was on GMTV wednesday morning, she looks so much better now than she did then.

They had some great tunes :D

Tannie
19-10-2007, 12:13
Was she wooo =]
I Really like dher hair in the tragedy video!
It was awesome.
And indeed they did.
Tragedy, Stomp, Others which i can not remember :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 12:15
Some fan you are :rolleyes:

Better the devil you know, i know him so well, summer of love, chain reaction - i can go on

Tannie
19-10-2007, 12:26
I Forgot Won't Forget no more through:D
Oh Summer Of Love Loved that song so catchy!
I remebered them being played at the discos we had in primary school those were to cool lol:p:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 12:29
Me and some mates performed Chain reaction for our version of stars in your eyes when we were in yr 8 - we had to audition and everything, i swear we only got through because my dad was doing the sound and my form tutor didnt want to upset him :rotfl: one of my mates dropped out though because another one from the "band" was being a pain so we only had H Lisa Clare and Faye :rotfl:

Tannie
19-10-2007, 12:37
That sounds ace!:rotfl:
Love Chain Reaction Well Good:D
Who Were You Then:p

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 12:41
That sounds ace!:rotfl:
Love Chain Reaction Well Good:D
Who Were You Then:p

H - so obvious :rotfl: looked nothing like him, i just wore H type clothes thats all :lol:

Tannie
19-10-2007, 12:46
Woooo He Was Awesome!
And H Type Clothes:rotfl:

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 12:48
Woooo He Was Awesome!
And H Type Clothes:rotfl:

:lol: We were rubbish to be honest but it was a good laugh, also me and 2 other friends danced to one for sorrow in year 11 christmas assembley :rotfl:

Bree
19-10-2007, 18:06
Now i used to loveee this band so much i remember when they spilt getting a tape with all

their videos on it and tried to learn all the dances and that went out the window seeing as i have two left feet!! :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 18:09
I remember when they split too, it was christmas day night/boxing day morning (or was it xmas eve night/christmas say morning - one of them) i didn't believe my mum when she told me, i had only just got back into them after taking a break and deciding to like Hearsay and they were splitting, i was well sad :lol:

Bree
19-10-2007, 18:14
:lol: Now i hated Hearsay was much more of a Atomic Kitten fan. :p Steps was still the best tho i lovee the songs Say you'll be mine coz the videos is just awsome and you'll be sorry coz it's a good song to listen to after a break up!! :p :lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-10-2007, 18:19
I remember trying to learn the dance to say you'll be mine, it was october 1999 and they did a halloween tour (which i taped) and i was getting up at 1am back then and id put that tour on and because it was their newest single out they had a bit where Lisa was teaching the dance to viewers at home while Kevin (one of the dancers) and Ant and Dec were doing it to the people at the concert

Abbie
19-10-2007, 23:34
I remember them, I loved them, another group that I went to see live in concert, I was such a little girl who loved cheesy music lol

CrazyLea
20-10-2007, 00:08
Hmmm I did like them, but wasn't a huge fan. I had one of their albums (for Christmas of mum). Does remind me of school discos though :D Good times. I'm more of an S Club fan :wub:

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-10-2007, 09:43
I remember them, I loved them, another group that I went to see live in concert, I was such a little girl who loved cheesy music lol

I saw them in concert aswell, wasnt as good as ones i had seen them do on TV and stuff as it was a christmas one so there was not many of their hits used, but they were good entertainers, got the crowd going

Pinkbanana
20-10-2007, 11:15
I went to see them i concert as well, in N'castle....I must admit having a soft spot for their music...:o lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
03-11-2007, 15:26
I would very much love to see them get back together...yes i did just say that :lol: but i doubt it will happen :(

Abbie
03-11-2007, 15:58
Dont think I would like them to get back together though

Pinkbanana
04-11-2007, 10:12

Oh I would think its possible....I mean with all the band reunions lately, I could see them getting in on the act - its not like any of them have gone on to greater things, is it? Plus money talks....:cool:

Tannie
04-11-2007, 12:15
I would very much love to see them get back together...yes i did just say that :lol: but i doubt it will happen :(

I Agree With That:p
Would Love Them To Get Back Together, Think They'd Be Good And It Could Be Possible As Pb Said Look At All The Other Reunions:p:D

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 12:24
It is possible but i some what doubt it, though if they do im so going to the tour :lol:

Tannie
04-11-2007, 12:25
I'm so coming with you, i'll use my own plane to fly down:p:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 12:27

I would love that, i have seriously been living in hope since Take That came back that Steps would aswell, i even had a dream about it once :lol:

Tannie
04-11-2007, 12:31

I would love that, i have seriously been living in hope since Take That came back that Steps would aswell, i even had a dream about it once :lol:

HaHa How Weird Can You Get:lol: I Have had countless dreams about stuff but never that haha:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 12:37
It was the best dream ever, i was at their reunion tour with various friends (guess who :p and my uncle) and they were singing all their hits from every tour they ever did, i knew all the words, all the dances then during the break i met Lisa and Clare it was well aces then we went back to the show and Lisa shouted out "go vicky" cos i was doing the dance to tragedy :rotfl: i woke up so happy that morning

Tannie
04-11-2007, 12:40
It was the best dream ever, i was at their reunion tour with various friends (guess who :p and my uncle) and they were singing all their hits from every tour they ever did, i knew all the words, all the dances then during the break i met Lisa and Clare it was well aces then we went back to the show and Lisa shouted out "go vicky" cos i was doing the dance to tragedy :rotfl: i woke up so happy that morning

HaHa Was I One Of Them?
HaHa That So Made Me Giggle And Just Imagine It Happening:p:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 12:42

HaHa Was I One Of Them?

I'm not sure, Lea was there though :rotfl: it was propper random but so the best dream i have ever had

Oh i forgot one part of it Lee didn't like me and wouldn't let me into the show (he was like one of them bouncer people) so i kicked him and run in :rotfl:

Tannie
04-11-2007, 12:56

HaHa Was I One Of Them?

I'm not sure, Lea was there though :rotfl: it was propper random but so the best dream i have ever had

Oh i forgot one part of it Lee didn't like me and wouldn't let me into the show (he was like one of them bouncer people) so i kicked him and run in :rotfl:

why wouldn't he let you in? What did you do:p haha can just imagine you doing that:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 12:59

HaHa Was I One Of Them?

why wouldn't he let you in? What did you do:p

I didn't do anything, i was too short :rotfl:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 13:13

Oh I would think its possible....I mean with all the band reunions lately, I could see them getting in on the act - its not like any of them have gone on to greater things, is it? Plus money talks....:cool:

I know, lots of bands are getting back together,and I dont mind some of them but Steps? Im not too sure, ut you never know they might surprise us :lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 13:16

I know, lots of bands are getting back together,and I dont mind some of them but Steps? Im not too sure, ut you never know they might surprise us :lol:

It would make me a very happy person if they did :lol:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 13:20
Lol well at the moment I'll just wait and see what kinda song they bring out, I did used to really love them, but that was when I was 10

Tannie
04-11-2007, 13:30
what to short to get in?:lol:
i cant imagine that lol!:p:rotfl:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 13:33
what to short to get in?:lol:
i cant imagine that lol!:p:rotfl:

Yeah :rotfl: like they have height restrictions on theme park rides, Lee seemed to think there was one to get into the concert so i just kicked him :rotfl:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 13:36
Okay I a confused, what on earth are you lot talking about?

Tannie
04-11-2007, 13:37
HaHa Thats Strange Lol.
What A Weird Man! He Was:p

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 13:39
Okay I a confused, what on earth are you lot talking about?

Talking about a dream i had about them getting back together :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

HaHa Thats Strange Lol.
What A Weird Man! He Was:p

Lol i know but no way was he standing in my way, it was a Steps reunion tour and i wasn't missing it for the world :cheer:

Tannie
04-11-2007, 14:16
I Can Just Believe That Just Been atchin Lizzie Mcguire And Near The End At The Concert Where That Women Cant Spell Her Name. She Kicked The Bouncer's Butts That Reminds Me Of You're Dream:p

Abbie
04-11-2007, 14:18
I even bought the video Of one of there concerts once lol, or did they have 2, cos if they did I think I had that one as well :lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 14:30
I even bought the video Of one of there concerts once lol, or did they have 2, cos if they did I think I had that one as well :lol:

They did 3 concerts on video, the rest werent released

I Can Just Believe That Just Been atchin Lizzie Mcguire And Near The End At The Concert Where That Women Cant Spell Her Name. She Kicked The Bouncer's Butts That Reminds Me Of You're Dream:p

:rotfl: My dream actually ruled, rather random though

Tannie
04-11-2007, 14:33
Yeah It Was Rather Random That Dream Was
Actuall Want Them To Get Back Together
*Goes Off To Download Steps Songs:D*

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 14:38
Yeah It Was Rather Random That Dream Was
Actuall Want Them To Get Back Together
*Goes Off To Download Steps Songs:D*

Yeah i would be really happy if they got back together, i know people say we was younger back then (i was 7 when they got together :eek:) but i think i would still like them

Tannie
04-11-2007, 14:40
I Can't Remember How Old I Was Think I Was 5
Not To Sure Through:p

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 14:42
I Can't Remember How Old I Was Think I Was 5
Not To Sure Through:p

Yeah because you are 2 years younger than me so 4/5

Tannie
04-11-2007, 14:46
Yeah Think That Was How Old I Was:D
Can Remember Them I Bought The Last Album They Brought Out Before They Split Up Use To Had That On All The Time:p

Abbie
04-11-2007, 15:21
I bought the album of the their greatest hits lol, when did they split anyway

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:01
Xmas 2001 i think, i know it was xmas though, i dont think it was 2002 because Jamie died and i dont think it was 2003 because thats too late

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:03
yeah it would make sense for around that time, plus I said I was 10 lol :p And plus they were bigger in late 90's with all the other chessy pop bands lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:06
yeah it would make sense for around that time, plus I said I was 10 lol :p And plus they were bigger in late 90's with all the other chessy pop bands lol

Yeah, im pretty sure it wasn't 2000 and deffo not 99 because thats when they did their 2nnd tour, they would have had another 3 at least before they split after that so im thinking 2001

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:08
Yeah probably, how long were they around for anyway, cos it wasnt very long I dont think

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:09
If it was 2001 they split up then that would make it 4 years

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:13
yeah I didnt think they were around that long most groups i the 90's were like that anyway

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:14
yeah I didnt think they were around that long most groups i the 90's were like that anyway

Yeah which is a shame because i quite liked the cheesy 90s pop songs

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:18
hehe yeah me too, just i they cam back now it might be strange but the again it could work, cos its different when a group stays together cos they have a gradual change

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:20
The way i see it, if the Spice Girls can do it then so can Steps :lol:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:22
yeah I suppose, I really like the spice girls :)

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:29
yeah I suppose, I really like the spice girls :)

They were good in the day yeah but i was more of a Steps fan, but i do think everyone had a period they liked the Spice Girls (well girls anyway) but as i say would love it if Steps came back, not sure if i would like them to do all their old hits or not to be honest but i don't suppose it will happen anyway

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:35
I know it would be werid if they did all their new songs, they would need a makeover

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:39
I think the problem with Steps making a comback (if it was to happen) is they all look really different, alot has changed, and Lee is in a new band now so i don't see it working in them senses but i don't know maybe it would be better to have them different

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:43
I never knew Lee is in a new band, which one??

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:44
I never knew Lee is in a new band, which one??

Well i say band it's a duo called "The Latch", not very popular but they do have a website

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:48
I was gonna say, cos I havent heard of them

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:52
I was gonna say, cos I havent heard of them

I only have because i go on Steps sites for pictures for fanart :lol:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:52
Lol okay, I take it you do like them more than me then

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:54
Lol okay, I take it you do like them more than me then

Put it this way, i now own every concert on video the released :cheer: :lol:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 16:55
Oka yeah you do, I had one or two, but I dont have them anymore

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 16:57
Oka yeah you do, I had one or two, but I dont have them anymore

I only brought them recently :rotfl: sad i know :lol:

Chloe O'brien
08-11-2007, 18:12
Faye was on GMTV talking to Lorraine Kelly a few weeks back. They discussed a reunion but Faye is playing Eva Cassidy in a stage show in London, Lee is due to release a single, Lisa is pregnant and Claire has not long had a baby so I think it will be a while before they return.

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-11-2007, 18:15
Faye was on GMTV talking to Lorraine Kelly a few weeks back. They discussed a reunion but Faye is playing Eva Cassidy in a stage show in London, Lee is due to release a single, Lisa is pregnant and Claire has not long had a baby so I think it will be a while before they return.

Yeah i saw the beginning but had to leave for college while it was on, id love for it to happen but i dont think it will but yeah as you say if they do it wont be for a whille

tammyy2j
30-08-2011, 13:50
Steps singer Claire Richards has insisted that nobody wanted to work with her because she was overweight.

The 'Tragedy' star admitted that a fluctuation in her body weight throughout her career had fuelled her insecurities of being in the spotlight.

Richards told The Sun: "When I was that big [in 2007] nobody would have worked with me. I'd go to meetings and never hear from people again because you are not like they remember you.

"They'd use the phrase, 'She has let herself go'. It was crushing."

The singer revealed that she suffered from a mild eating disorder during her time in Steps as she used to compare herself to the other female band members.

Richards explained: "I had a really small waist but I didn't see that. Faye [Tozer] was much broader on the top, Lisa [Scott-Lee] is smaller with big boobs but all I saw was my bum is huge.

"I didn't really exercise but I never ate. I didn't let on. I'd eat in public to try to make it look like there was no issue."

Steps recently announced plans to release a collection of their hits on an album titled The Ultimate Collection. They will also reform for a documentary on Sky Living.

On the reunion, Richards commented: "I hope that I have the confidence to look at Lisa and Faye and not compare myself anymore."