PDA

View Full Version : Spooks Series 6 Spoilers

Jessie Wallace
14-10-2007, 19:08
Episode 1

On the verge of a historic peace deal with Iran, the Grid receives intelligence that Mehan Asnik – a member of Iranian intelligence whom MI5 believe to be a terrorist – is preparing to carry out an attack, as the critically acclaimed spy drama returns for another series.

The team organises an undercover operation to assassinate Asnik in Tehran, hoping to make their bomb look like a terrorist attack. The plan goes wrong, however, when a civilian train pulls alongside the target. Harry calls to abort but the Home Secretary insists taking out Asnik and the bomb is detonated.

Despite a sizeable death toll, Asnik survives and contacts Adam with an offer – he wants to defect and is prepared to provide valuable intelligence. Back in the UK with Asnik in their possession, Adam, Zaf and Ros are intercepted by armed mercenaries who kidnap Asnik and Zaf.

It soon transpires that Asnik was carrying a phial of a lethal virus which was released when the bomb exploded. Someone, known only as "Copenhagen", had fed MI5 false intelligence so that they'd target Asnik and release the virus in Tehran. Now Asnik, Zaf and their kidnappers have been exposed and have just hours to live unless they receive an antidote.

When the mercenaries demand money for the return of Zaf, Adam arranges a meeting and offers them a vaccine in exchange for Zaf and Asnik. But the vaccine is a fake – no one even seems to know if a real vaccine exists – and the exchange goes horribly wrong.

Zaf remains in the hands of the mercenaries and the fatally contagious Asnik is abandoned on the streets of London. The race is on to find a real vaccine; to find Asnik before he can infect more victims; to find out who "Copenhagen" is; and to rescue Zaf from the unidentified gang of mercenaries before it's too late...

Asnik is played by Ulas Kilic, Harry by Peter Firth, the Home Secretary by Robert Glenister, Adam by Rupert Penry-Jones, Zaf by Raza Jaffrey and Ros by Hermione Norris. The cast also includes Miranda Raison as Jo and Hugh Simon as Malcolm.

Jessie Wallace
14-10-2007, 19:12
With Britain on the brink of a plague, the team must track down and quarantine anyone infected – starting with the hospital where Asnik was treated – as the critically acclaimed spy drama continues.

Knowing that the virus must originally have been created by a country with a bio-weapons programme, the team deduces that whoever it was will also have a vaccine. Harry orders the interrogation of key spies from likely nations who may have the vaccine.

Drastic means are required to make the spies talk. They are forcibly anaesthetised and smuggled to a secret bunker run by Connie James, an unflappable former MI5 operative, where they are each exposed to the virus. Connie hopes that if one of them knows of a vaccine, they will surely say so now.

Yves Cuvier, the French spy, cannot provide the vaccine but instead offers up intelligence on Zaf's whereabouts in exchange for his life. Edik Kuznetzov, the Russian agent, reveals that Russia has the vaccine and that, unbeknownst to MI5, the British Government is already in negotiations for it but won't pay what the Russians want.

Kuznetzov orders the vaccine to be bought to him by the Russian couriers – he is prepared to hand it over now that he has been exposed. Following a violent exchange with the Russians, an already-contagious Adam races to get the vaccine to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Ros follows the French lead on Zaf and meets the mysterious source, Magritte, but her investigations only lead her into yet more danger as, alone in her flat, she is silently shot down...

Asnik is played by Ulas Kilic, Harry by Peter Firth, Connie James by Gemma Jones, Yves Cuvier by Benny Young, Zaf by Raza Jaffrey, Edik Kuznetzov by Pedja Bjelac, Adam by Rupert Penry-Jones, Ros by Hermione Norris and Magritte by Claire Cox.

Jessie Wallace
14-10-2007, 19:14
Section D receives intelligence that a plane has crashed near an American airbase on UK soil and fear that it may have been shot down on purpose, in tonight's offering of the critically acclaimed spy drama. They need to find out what really happened – if Iran were involved, the reprisals could spiral into war.

With the team unaware of her kidnap, Ros is subjected to mental torture but, when released, she learns that it was all a recruitment exercise. Yalta is a shadowy international group of double agents and senior government officials, who work together in an attempt to thwart American dominance in world politics, and they want Ros to join them.

With their offer playing on her mind, Ros returns to the Grid where she and Jo interrogate a source of Jo's from the MoD – who reveals that the Americans were illegally testing their controversial new spy plane, Aurora, in UK airspace when it collided with a freight plane.

The team investigates Aurora's recent flight routes and learns that the craft also tracked MI5's recent operation in Tehran. It becomes clear that America was behind the false intelligence which led to MI5 setting off the bomb in Tehran. Knowing that the bomb would expose Iran's possession of biological weapons, the US hoped to justify military action towards them.

Learning that the US is prepared to manipulate Britain, its closest ally, is the motivation Ros needs to make her first contact with Yalta. Not for the first time, she is on the path to becoming a traitor.

Ros is played by Hermione Norris, Jo by Miranda Raison, Adam by Rupert Penry-Jones, Harry by Peter Firth, Connie by Gemma Jones and Malcolm by Hugh Simon.

Chloe O'brien
14-10-2007, 21:46
This series is going to have an on-going plot all series instead of differnt storylines each week

Jessie Wallace
15-10-2007, 22:54
Yes, it's all the same for all 10 episode's, first time for Spooks to do that.

Chloe O'brien
16-10-2007, 11:55
I'm looking forward to seeing how spooks deal with one plot throughout the series. My ownly complaint will be when the episodes ends it will no doubt be on a cliff-hanger and I'll be yelling at the TV.

DaVeyWaVey
16-10-2007, 18:55
I'm so glad this is back on tonight! I love Spooks! I heard a rumour though that this series could be the last - i really hope that isn't true.

Chloe O'brien
16-10-2007, 22:36
What an opener edge of the seat drama all the way through, fantastic.

loulea
23-11-2007, 06:41
KEELEY HAWES will make an explosive return to BBC1 drama Spooks, TV Biz can reveal.

Here is the 30-year-old armed and dangerous filming a raid scene in London’s Battersea Square yesterday.

Her character, Zoe Reynolds, was last seen going into hiding in the third series three years ago.

Keeley quit after falling pregnant by her co-star hubby Matthew Macfadyen. But it looks like she’s back with a vengeance.

Chloe O'brien
23-11-2007, 11:24
I take it will be just a one-off episode as isn't she supposed to be appearing in the new series of Life on Mars.

squillyfer
26-11-2007, 19:25
Episode 8

Tuesday 4th December

Yalta (the shadowy international group of double agents) demands Ros's help with an operation they are planning against America, as the stylish spy drama continues. However, their assignation is witnessed by journalist Ben Kaplan and the CIA's Bob Hogan. Ros knows that if either reveals her affiliation with Yalta, her game is up.
Cornered, Ros convinces Harry and Adam that the only way to stop Yalta, and for her to redeem herself, is to exploit her position as a double agent and find out exactly what the operation involves. Ros leads them both to Yalta headquarters and Adam follows her inside.
Yalta have charged Ros with finding the activation code they need for their operation and Jo, Malcolm, Connie and Ben work against the clock to get it to her in time. But Yalta already suspect Ros of double crossing them and force her to give up Harry's position outside their HQ.
As Harry is brought before Yalta's chief, whose identity shocks him to the core, they explain that their plot, Operation Floodland, will be a devastating yet bloodless defeat of the superpower.
Adam frees Ros and they escape the Yalta house, heading back to the Grid and to Malcolm, in the hope that he can stop Operation Floodland. But Ros decides to turn back to save Harry. She is recaptured and, in a terrifying showdown, given a lethal injection by the Yalta chief...

Ros is played by Hermione Norris, Ben Kaplan by Alex Lanipekun, Bob Hogan by Matthew Marsh, Harry by Peter Firth, Adam by Rupert Penry-Jones, Jo by Miranda Raison, Malcolm by Hugh Simon and Connie by Gemma Jones.

I for one have to admit that I saw this coming, the way it was going Ros had to either get fired or die and its looking like die which is a shame because she's my favourite character

StarsOfCCTV
26-11-2007, 20:31
I know that Hermoine Norris/Ros was leaving because she's pregnant, fair enough :p but why do they have to kill her off! :crying:

squillyfer
27-11-2007, 22:29
lets hope they just make it look like she dies so secretly she can run off to some exotic country, lie low for a few years and maybe come back :) not likely but you never know

Chloe O'brien
28-11-2007, 12:05
Was that her funeral scene we seen at the end of last nights epidsode.

squillyfer
28-11-2007, 17:18
My friend watched next weeks episode on bbc3 and said that she doesnt die but they make it look like she does and apparently its adam that saves her :heart:

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2007, 18:06
I don't know if any one was watching Tina Baker on GMTV this morning but she gave a spoiler away for spooks. Just incase some don't want to know:

Adam gets blown up in Tuesday's final episode of the series :crying:

Jojo
14-12-2007, 22:40
But according to The Mirror Article (http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007/12/14/spooks-hunk-to-quit-89520-20248566/) whether to believed or not he ...

won't be killed as he is returning in Series 7 for a couple of episodes, only to be killed then instead!!! :crying:

The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=502129&in_page_id=1773) covers this story too, re Adam....

I've heard/read some nasty things about this last episode though, including stuff that happens to Jo and although I HAVE to watch it, I'm not sure how bearable it is going to be...:crying:

Edit: Why are we spoiler tagging when this is a spoiler thread :searchme: :lol:

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2007, 23:21
Because if it's hidden I can pretend it aint gonna happen :D

Jojo
14-12-2007, 23:27
Because if it's hidden I can pretend it aint gonna happen :D

You and me both Kath, you and me both.

Whats going on with the eye candy?!?! We need more!!!! :crying:

Oh and the excellent storylines that we have come to love and appreciate from Spooks of course :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2007, 23:37
I'm going to sell my telly after Christmas in protest due to lack of good looking men and quality drama. Its an added bonus if you get both together like with spooks.

Jojo
14-12-2007, 23:39
Have you seen the spoilers for what happens with Jo?? Its not going to be a pleasant episode to watch - thats for sure

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2007, 23:45
I've seen the trailers that's all. Jo will be fine she is Chloe to Adam's Jack. She can kick a$$ if she has to, and they've got Harry and the wonderful Malcolm to assist them

Jojo
14-12-2007, 23:47
After what she goes through though - I don't think she is going to be the same again if she does come through it...

Although I did hear a while back that she was going to leave cos of Zaf leaving (cos they were going out in real life or something) - don't know if thats still the case, but it doesn't look good thats for sure :(

squillyfer
15-12-2007, 23:55
I dont see how jo can leave, if she does adam will be the only proper field agent

Jojo
16-12-2007, 00:01
I dont see how jo can leave, if she does adam will be the only proper field agent

Not for long.....:(:( (Adam that is)

StarsOfCCTV
16-12-2007, 01:15
:crying: :crying: No it can't be true *sniff* :p

Chloe O'brien
18-12-2007, 22:18
:eek: Can't believe they ended the series like that :eek: What an ending brilliant stuff best series yet.

StarsOfCCTV
19-12-2007, 18:02
Definately! But why does Spooks feel the need to kill off half their characters every series?! :crying:

Chloe O'brien
19-12-2007, 22:39
I knew there was something fishy about that Hogan. I expected there to be a big ambush with bullets flying around everywhere, but a cracking ending just the same.

DaVeyWaVey
20-12-2007, 21:47
Just watched the last episode now - absolutely phenomenal. This series has had to be the best series of Spooks yet. I've heard so many rumours about Adam or Jo leaving... and I don't know what to think, especially the way it ended! So frustrating it ended like that, but the episode was made so harrowing, and it had me gripped from start to finish. I seriously can't wait for the next series, and I hope both Adam and Jo are back!! But I have a feeling one of them won't be. :(

alan45
21-12-2007, 16:54
Excellent Series with a cracking finish. Brilliant

DaVeyWaVey
21-12-2007, 18:02
After watching the episode last night and thinking about it, I really have a feeling that Jo won't be dead. My theory is that Adam knocked Jo unconscious as she was scared so she could hold out for a bit longer, whilst rescue was on its way. I just don't think that Adam would have been able to go through with killing his fellow MI5 agent - I don't think it is in his character personally.