PDA

View Full Version : Leona releases her second single

Abigail
10-09-2007, 22:23
From this...

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3280/leona2ah4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3280/leona2ah4.c09ca80fc0.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=520&i=leona2ah4.jpg)

to this...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8397/leonaly2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Her single, Bleeding Love, is out here on October 29 and an album will follow on November 5.

Kim
10-09-2007, 22:36
I hated her first one, so I'll be prepared to be throwing stuff down running out of shops when it comes on, lol! Like the transformation between those pictures, though.

Chloe O'brien
11-09-2007, 12:40
I think she looks awful she looks pale and guant.

Chris_2k11
11-09-2007, 18:25
About time we heard from her, hope the singles good.

Bryan
11-09-2007, 18:31

should be, after all Cowell has had her in LA with the big wig producers all of this year, they didn't want to rush her and have another Steve Brokstyn on their hands.

Abigail
11-09-2007, 22:32

should be, after all Cowell has had her in LA with the big wig producers all of this year, they didn't want to rush her and have another Steve Brokstyn on their hands.

Plus all the money the public spent to keep her in and she's buggered off to the States

Chris_2k11
16-09-2007, 16:41
Just to let everyone know you can hear this for the first time at quarter to 7 on radio 1 later on

Chris_2k11
16-09-2007, 18:35
Just managed to get hold of it, its amazing! I didn't expect it to be so good :eek: It'll get to no.1 without a doubt, its gonna be big!

Bryan
16-09-2007, 18:56
I really like it, it does sound just like a young Whitney, well done to her producers for making a cracking song.

Not mind blowing, but it's good enough to get to number one. I mean if Rhianna stayed there for ten weeks it would be a travesty if Leona didn't get her taste of the top spot.

To think that amazing voice came from the little old UK :D

Chris_2k11
16-09-2007, 19:05
I love the intro, it reminds me a lot of Sinead O'Connors 'Nothing Compares To You'

This has been well worth the wait! :bow:

Chris_2k11
16-09-2007, 19:12
Youtube link! http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEIPY4W5XZc

Bryan
16-09-2007, 19:13
I love the intro, it reminds me a lot of Sinead O'Connors 'Nothing Compares To You'

This has been well worth the wait! :bow:

I agree, it sounded a lot like a lot of the powerful 80's love ballads.

Chris_2k11
16-09-2007, 19:19
Definitely Bry. she's really impressed me with this, im supporting her all the way now, cant wait to see how it does in the charts.

Bryan
16-09-2007, 19:26
Definitely Bry. she's really impressed me with this, im supporting her all the way now, cant wait to see how it does in the charts.

thanks for that link Chris, until then was listening to this one which had that idiot Perez Hilton lyp syncing to it and taking the piss out of Leona.

I like it more and more with each listen, I really like this, it's fresh and exciting, haven't had someone as good as this in the charts for a long time, all the drivel that there is around these days I hope she can go far, she certainly has the voice, let's see if the record sales can confirm this :D

samantha nixon
16-09-2007, 23:10
I like this song and im glad finnally after nearly a year she is releasing stuff and hopefully she wil do well, i cant wait to here what her other songs are like, and i think she sounds like delta goodrem in a way and someone else but im not sure who that someone else is

Chris_2k11
17-09-2007, 18:08
I like this song and im glad finnally after nearly a year she is releasing stuff and hopefully she wil do well, i cant wait to here what her other songs are like, and i think she sounds like delta goodrem in a way and someone else but im not sure who that someone else isI think she sounds a lot like Mariah Carey on it. Im looking forward to the video aswell, from what we've seen so far it looks really good, and the album.

Richie_lecturer
04-10-2007, 23:06
"That bleeding love over there, thinks she's so cool." :rolleyes:

I actually quite like this, and I'm always very uncomplimntary when it comes to people from talent shows. Where's the soap?! :eek:

She reminds of a cross between Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey in this song.

Chris_2k11
11-10-2007, 23:22
Leona Lewis Spirit (Syco) Leona Lewis is to return to the talent show that launched her career by making the first TV appearance to promote her debut album, Spirit, on the new season of X Factor.

While Syco and Sony BMG are keen to distance Lewis from the world of reality television, Syco managing director Sonny Takhar says, “We’d be mad not to. X Factor is the biggest show on TV right now – it makes total sense.”

Detailing Syco’s plan for the album, which is released on November 12, Takhar says the label will take a “less is more” approach, which will be centred on making the release into an “event”.

“The whole campaign will be about confidence,” he says. “It’s about launching the next worldwide superstar, whether it’s the first TV appearance on the new series of X Factor, the high profile photo shoot in Harper’s Bazaar or the media launch at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.”

Lewis’s campaign will concentrate on the UK throughout November and December, with a focus on the rest of the world – in particular the US – coming in the new year. Big-name writers who appear on the album include StarGate, Dallas Austin, Steve Mac, Sam Walters and Doctor Luke. Bar one song, it is entirely new material.

To focus on the album, Lewis will not be touring “until the tail end of 2008”. “We’ve got at least five singles from this record,” says Takhar. “Every track is a potential single – we really are spoiled for choice.”

Abbie
12-10-2007, 12:39
I heard this song in Mc donalds the other day lol, and I really really like it now :thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
17-10-2007, 20:49
The video at last!!!

YouTube - Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis

Abbie
17-10-2007, 21:01
oooooo I really like the video, this will be the first she has done wont it? :)

Abigail
17-10-2007, 21:07
Yeah, the first propper video. The video for the winning song (can't remember what its called) was just a monatge with little bits of her singing thrown in for good measure.

It pains me to say this but I like the song. She seems to have found some confidence.

Abbie
17-10-2007, 21:08
lol, why does it pain you, to say it?

Abigail
17-10-2007, 21:10
Because I absolutly hated her when she was on X Factor and she seemed so boring and monotonous.

Abbie
17-10-2007, 21:14
o, okay. well i know what you mean, she seems alot more confident

angelblue
20-10-2007, 01:06
Hey thank god i am not the only one i am usually quite pickie on what i listen to but this song is very good.

Well done to Leona i am hooked on this song i am sure it will do very well. :)

DaVeyWaVey
20-10-2007, 11:30
I really like this song too - i supported her all the way on the X Factor last year and it's great that she hasn't fallen down a black hole like other talent show winners.

CrazyLea
22-10-2007, 19:26
I love it too, and it's sooo popular at the moment. Everyone in my class was bluetoothing it to each other today haha, and played it in every lesson (til we got told to turn it off), and even one of the teachers was singing along to it :p. Then on the bus home it came on Radio 1, and everyone asked for it to be turned up haha.

Chloe-Elise
24-10-2007, 11:30
Love this song, I keep hearing it everywhere :D

pinkles14
24-10-2007, 21:00
I really like this song.... My daughter has it on all the time

bubblegum_fairy
26-10-2007, 23:37
I love the song... Its beautiful, and very catchy

Chris_2k11
28-10-2007, 18:34
anyone listening to the chart show?? fingers crossed for Le Le :cheer: :cheer:

Chris_2k11
28-10-2007, 18:50
shes done it!!! woooooooooo lol

Emma-Lou
28-10-2007, 19:22
I love this song so glad she got number 1 :cheer: .My friends and i go about singing this all the time.

Abbie
28-10-2007, 19:49
Yay shes number one :cheer: whooo

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-11-2007, 11:30
The video at last!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM
Thanks, haven't seen the video till now..
It's a really good song! Really growing onto me!

Abbie
04-11-2007, 14:13
Im really loving this song now, its always on Radio 1 as well I find :thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
04-11-2007, 18:48
number 1 again! :cheer:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:50
number 1 again! :cheer:

Well theres no surprise there I think she'll be there for quite some time

Debs
04-11-2007, 18:52
:cheer: I love this song, i wasnt sure at first but after hearing it a few times i love it

Chris_2k11
04-11-2007, 18:55
spice girls will no doubt knock her off soon :rolleyes:

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:56
spice girls will no doubt knock her off soon :rolleyes:

oh yeah, when is that coming out

Chris_2k11
04-11-2007, 19:01
19th November Abbie

:)

Abbie
04-11-2007, 19:06
hmm this is tough cos its nice when the children in need song goes number 1, but I odnt want Leona to be knocked off

Abigail
05-11-2007, 12:07
Leona Lewis has remained at number one on the UK singles chart for a second week with 'Bleeding Love'.

She grabbed the top spot last week after a long break since winning last year's X Factor.

It holds out this week despite a strong new entry from Westlife with 'Home' in third place.

Elsewhere the top ten sees little change.

The top ten UK singles in full:

1. (1) Leona Lewis: 'Bleeding Love'
2. (2) Take That: 'Rule The World'
3. (-) Westlife: 'Home'
4. (7) Timbaland Ft. One Republic: 'Apologize'
5. (5) Mark Ronson Ft. Amy Winehouse: 'Valerie'
6. (4) Sugababes: 'About You Now'
7. (6) Britney Spears: 'Gimme More'
8. (8) Freemasons Ft. Bailey Tzuke: 'Uninvited'
9. (9) Hoosiers: 'Goodbye Mr A'
10. (3) McFly: 'The Heart Never Lies'

Abigail
07-11-2007, 15:53
Leona Lewis has been named 'Newcomer of the Year' at the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Woman of the Year Awards.

The X Factor winner, whose song 'Bleeding Love' is currently at number one in the UK singles chart, scooped the prize at the ceremony at London's Cirque bar.

She said: "It's so important, this awards ceremony is celebrating women who've achieved so many great things. There's so many deserving people here so I'm so glad to be a part of it."

Glamour model Jordan won the 'Be The Best You Can Be' prize, while R'n'B star Rihanna scooped the gong for 'Mistress of Music'.

Myleene Klass was named 'Comeback Queen' following her return to presenting after the birth of her daughter. Awards also went to Charlotte Church for 'Ultimate Love the Skin You're in Goddess', as well as Cameron Diaz ('Ultimate Lady of Film') and Angelina Jolie ('Ultimate Woman Who Made Us Care').

Ugly Betty star Ashley Jensen won 'Top Woman On TV', while Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr triumphed in the 'Ultimate Celeb Men of the Year' category.

Fearne Cotton hosted the annual ceremony, which recognises success achieved by celebrities and real-life women.

Chris_2k11
08-11-2007, 22:55
Hear Leona's amazing version of Run by snow patrol YouTube - Leona Lewis - Run - High Quality :heart:

Abigail
08-11-2007, 23:12
I've got goosebumps listening to it

Abbie
08-11-2007, 23:13
Hear Leona's amazing version of Run by snow patrol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUewlgML8g0 :heart:

My friend has it on her ipod, Its amazing!!!

CrazyLea
08-11-2007, 23:18
Amazing!!!! Leona is simply.. wow!

Abigail
09-11-2007, 19:14
It gets better everytime I listen to it :cheer:

Abigail
09-11-2007, 19:43
Leona Lewis has taken the lead in her battle against the Spice Girls for the number one album next week.

Lewis' debut Spirit is reportedly outselling the Spice Girls' Greatest Hits by six to one in pre-sales.

Her album is also expected to surpass the Arctic Monkeys' Favourite Worst Nightmare LP as the biggest-selling pre-release of the year.

An industry insider told the Mirror: "The Spice Girls may have a fanatical following but even they can't derail that juggernaut that's Leona Lewis.

"The amazing sales of her single 'Bleeding Love' only served to ramp up enthusiasm for her album. Leona is well out in front."

Amazon's head of music buying, Julian Monaghan commented: "This is an incredible result for Leona Lewis.

"When you look at our most pre-ordered artist in previous years, it has been the likes of the Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Dido."

Abigail
10-11-2007, 22:18
YouTube - Leona Lewis Live Lounge Radio 1 - Bleeding Love
Bleeding Love in Radio 1's Live Lounge. Much better than the recorded version.
I love the Live Lounge.

Abigail
11-11-2007, 18:56
Number one again :thumbsup: Third week running.

Abbie
11-11-2007, 18:58
Yay :cheer: Hopefully she an keep going

Chris_2k11
14-11-2007, 22:29
Leona Lewis doesn’t want people to walk all over her just because she is a nice person.

The ‘Bleeding Love’ singer insists she will never become a diva, but she has also vowed not to be seen as a pushover.

Leona said: “I don’t drink, I’m just a stay-at-home type of girl, I guess. But I must say that, although I’m not a party animal and don’t have a nasty thing to say about anyone, this must not be confused with me being a walkover. I will not be walked all over!

“I won’t let people take me for granted. I have got a quiet self-confidence, which people can mistake as a weakness, but I know what I want and know how I want to be treated, and I will not be walked over.”

Leona also insists her chart success is down to her determination to never give up.

Leona said: “You have to have a kind of strength to stick in there. It’s taken me a while to get here, and if I were a pushover, I would have given up ages ago.”

Chris_2k11
17-11-2007, 22:10
Leona Lewis has revealed that she’ll never pose naked - even for a good cause.

The X Factor winner, 22, who gave a fantastic guest performance on Saturday night’s show, admires fellow vegetarian Alicia Silverstone who stripped off to promote animal rights charity PETA, but she won’t be following her lead.

‘I think it’s a strong statement, and I really respect it,’ Leona admits.

‘I would love to do something like that, but I just don’t think I could pose nude, because I’m not that brave.’

But Simon Cowell’s protégée insists that while she may not be ditching her clothes any time soon, she’s not a wet blanket.

‘People think I’m shy because I’m not loud,’ she tells The Daily Telegraph.

‘But that’s just me. I do have self confidence.’

Each of these articles are making me respect her more and more.

DaVeyWaVey
17-11-2007, 22:24
Just listened to her cover of Run and it is truly wonderful! She comes across as being a lovely woman too, and with such a wonderful voice - i hope she makes it to Number 1 again tomorrow, i still can't get enough of Bleeding Love! I'm tempted to buy her album, has anyone got it here?

Chris_2k11
17-11-2007, 22:28
Im getting my mam it for xmas, no doubt i'll be having a good listen haha

Abigail
17-11-2007, 23:40
My mum has told me she wants it. I was like :eek:

She's made it four weeks at number one in Ireland.

Abigail
18-11-2007, 14:18
Westlife star Shane Filan has admitted that Leona Lewis' 'Bleeding Love' was more deserving of the number one spot than the group's new single 'Home'.

'Home' debuted at number three in the UK singles chart earlier this month, while Leona and Take That stayed in the top two positions based on their second week of sales.

"Obviously, we're not happy about that," Shane told Hot TV magazine. "But the album is the most important thing to us. At the end of the day, I think Leona had the better song - it's more exciting and she deserves to be number one. Maybe Take That had a better song, too."

Abigail
18-11-2007, 14:18
Leona Lewis has topped the Irish singles chart with 'Bleeding Love' for a fourth week.

The next four singles also remained static, with Westlife's 'Home', Timbaland's 'Apologise', Take That's 'Rule The World' and Britney Spears' 'Gimme More' all staying in last week's positions.

Lower down the chart, Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse swapped positions with Shayne Ward, with 'Valerie' taking sixth place and 'If That's Okay With You' moving down into seventh. Alicia Keys' 'No-One' moved up to tenth place from number eighteen.

Meanwhile, Leona's debut album Spirit has topped the album chart, followed by Garth Brooks' The Ultimate Hits at number two and Westlife's Back Home at number three.

Chris_2k11
18-11-2007, 18:12
another Leona song on radio one right now

Abbie
18-11-2007, 18:36
I heard some of her other songs on the msn home page where it said you can listen to some of them :p

Chris_2k11
18-11-2007, 18:51
Still number 1 !! :cheer: :bow: and on the album chart too!

Abbie
18-11-2007, 19:00
:cheer: So has anyone got her album yet

Abigail
18-11-2007, 22:29
Leona Lewis has set a UK record for the fastest-selling debut album.

Spirit went straight in at number one, while the 22-year-old X-Factor winner's song Bleeding Love also remained at the top of the singles chart for the fourth week running.

Leona's album saw off stiff competition from the Spice Girls' Greatest Hits album, which went in at number two.

The previous fastest-selling debut album was the Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not in January 2006, which managed 363,735 copies in its first week. This week Spirit sold a massive 375,872 copies.

A spokesman for Leona said: "On it's first day of sales alone Spirit sold over 130,000 copies, which was outselling the rest of the top 10 put together. On average it worked out that Leona was selling an amazing 200 albums per minute."

In this week's singles chart, Take That stayed at number two with Rule The World with Timbaland's Apologize another non-mover at three.

Kylie's single 2 Hearts climbed eight places to fourth while Valerie by Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse fell one to five.

No One by Alicia Keys rose three places to this week's six as Westlife's Home slipped two places to seven. Flux by Bloc Party was a new entry at eight, while Loch Lomond by Runrig featuring Tartan Army claimed ninth spot. Last week's six, About You Now by the Sugababes, slid four to this week's number 10.

In the album chart, last week's number one, Back Home by Westlife, was forced down to third place by Leona and the Spice Girls.

Mothership, a new entry by Led Zeppelin, entered the list at number four, while Celine Dion's new album Taking Chances went in at five. The two other new entries to this week's chart top 10 were Sawdust by the Killers at seven and Andrea Bocelli's hits collection Vivere at eight.

18-11-2007, 22:31
I'm listening to the song as I'm reading, her voice is amazing.. Not to keen on the video though.. Voice is enough :p

Abbie
18-11-2007, 22:38
Lol I just think she is amazing, I wonder what her next single will be :p

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2007, 00:36
I was instructed today that Marley has so have to get her CD for Christmas.

Wizardardo
19-11-2007, 14:45
Glad to see the lass doing well for herself. She's a lovely girl and deserves every success she gets

Abigail
09-12-2007, 22:35
Leona Lewis is on course to top 1 million sales with her debut album Spirit after notching up a fourth week at the top of the chart.

The record shifted more than 180,000 copies in the last week to reign over a largely unchanged top ten, which sees fellow Syco acts Westlife and Shayne Ward swapping places for second and third respectively. The week's highest new entry is Cascada's Perfect Day, entering at 12.

With around 915,000 copies shifted, Spirit overtakes Take That's Beautiful World to become the third biggest seller of the year so far, behind Mika's Life in Cartoon Motion and Amy Winehouse's Back To Black.

Abigail
09-12-2007, 22:35
Leona Lewis remains at number one on the UK singles chart for a seventh week with 'Bleeding Love'.

The X Factor champion holds off competition from T2 featuring Jodie Aysha, who remain at number two with 'Heartbroken', and Girls Aloud, who stay firm at number three with 'Call The Shots'.

Mariah Carey's yuletide classic 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', which peaked at number two in 1994, leads a charge of eight festive favourites charting in the top 40 on downloads alone.

US hip-hop star Soulja Boy sneaks into the top ten with his debut single 'Crank That (Soulja Boy)', already a number one across the Atlantic, while X Factor judge Dannii Minogue stalls at number 48 with 'Touch Me Like That', a collaboration with dance producer Jason Nevins.

Chris_2k11
09-12-2007, 22:49
Could she do a Rihanna? lol

09-12-2007, 22:55
Could she do a Rihanna? lol
I was just going to post that :lol:

CrazyLea
09-12-2007, 23:30
It would be a possibility.. if it wasn't for The X Factor :p.
How long was Rihanna again! 16 weeks or something lmao?

Abbie
10-12-2007, 13:15
It would be a possibility.. if it wasn't for The X Factor :p.
How long was Rihanna again! 16 weeks or something lmao?

Was it really 16 weeks :eek:

Chris_2k11
10-12-2007, 19:12
no it was 11 lol

Abigail
16-12-2007, 19:40
Leona Lewis has now topped one million sales for her debut album Spirit, making it a fifth consecutive week at the top of the albums chart.

The X Factor warbler shifted more than 228,000 copies of the disc in the last seven days - a week-on-week rise of more than 25% - to take its sales total to 1.14 million. Amy Winehouse's Back To Black looks set to retain its title as the number one seller of the year, however, with around 1.7 million copies shifted.

Westlife hold strong at number two while Michael Bublé rises from 21 to third with over 100,000 sales of Call Me Irresponsible following his X Factor appearance last weekend.

Abbie
16-12-2007, 20:29
no it was 11 lol

oh right lol, well thats still a LONG time

Chris_2k11
16-12-2007, 21:20
well deserved though :p

Abbie
16-12-2007, 22:50
I suppose even thought that song now gets on my nerves

Abigail
16-12-2007, 22:56
I second that. The goodness of it wears off after you hear it 100 times.

Chris_2k11
17-12-2007, 00:21
When the sun shines we'll shine together! all together now :p

Abbie
17-12-2007, 00:25
When the sun shines we'll shine together! all together now :p

Lol your just doing that on purpose now

Bryan
30-12-2007, 18:49
Biggest selling single of the year Radio 1 just said, even beat Umbrella!

That's 2 years in a row Leona, well done! Let's go for the hatrick! :D :cheer:

Abbie
30-12-2007, 18:50
yeah it beat Umbrella, Im very very happy about that :D

Chris_2k11
30-12-2007, 20:34
Biggest selling single of the year Radio 1 just said, even beat Umbrella!

That's 2 years in a row Leona, well done! Let's go for the hatrick! :D :cheer:A Moment Like This was the biggest last year?