PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player!?!?

CrazyLea
05-09-2007, 19:31
I bought a new MP3 player the other day and I can't get it to work.

With my old one, I just plugged it in the USB port and the Removable Drive would appear, and I would add them from there. But this one doesn't do that. So I was talking to my mate about it, and she said hers doesn't either, and said that she usually just right clicks on the songs and adds them to the portable device... but I don't have that either..

So.. I went into the control panel, and opened up the portable device bit and there's nothing in there, and no button for me to add one..

So what can I do?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh and also.. in the instructions under the transferring files bit.. it says;
"Transfer files to or from the internal flash RAM using Windows explorer."
If that helps in anyway..

Kim
05-09-2007, 21:19
Are you plugging it into a fast enough USB port? Also, with mine I had to rip all the songs from cd's with windows media player and then syncronise them off of that. You can't have any songs that have protection on them on there either.

StarsOfCCTV
05-09-2007, 21:48
Maybe you should take it back to the shop you got it from and ask them if you are doing anything wrong? It could be faulty, if it's an electrical shop then they will probably give good advice.

Abigail
05-09-2007, 22:04
Plug it in, go to My Computer and another drive will appear, usually E. Click on it and drag and drop your files.

Siobhan
06-09-2007, 11:27
if all that fails, did you get any cd with the player? sometimes you might need to install the drivers

CrazyLea
06-09-2007, 16:30
Right;
I tried the sync thing... but in my WMP there's no device to sync them to.
"No device has been detected"

I bought it from Argos.. and I've lost the reciept :(. But I bought it on my card, so thought if I went to the bank and asked for an early statement or something.. just as proof of when I bought it. But I'd probably just change it.. as no offence to any Argos workers here, but they don't really know much!

The E drive doesn't appear... as I said in my first post :p.

And I've installed the drivers.. as although it said Windows XP wouldn't need them, I thought it might make it work..

:( It's really infuriating!!

Kim
07-09-2007, 21:11
Have you tried plugging the player into a different USB port?

CrazyLea
08-09-2007, 18:32
Yes............................................... ...................

Jojo
08-09-2007, 23:15
Sounds as though its faulty hun - I would take it back, as even though you haven't got the receipt, they should still allow an exchange or refund (purchasing laws :) )

CrazyLea
08-09-2007, 23:18
Thanks. Think I will do that then. Luckily I'm back at College now, so it's easier to get to where I bought it :). Fingies crossed.

CrazyLea
17-09-2007, 19:36
Just to let everyone know, that I've sorted it now :D I went on device manager and fixed it from there :). Thanks to everyone x