PDA

View Full Version : Hells Kitchen

no1abbafan
04-09-2007, 07:16
ANybody watch this last night, it was brilliant, Marco Pierre White was unreal. No swearing etc.. like others but he threw 2 diners out of the restaurant because one got personal with him and the other complained abou the food when according to him there was nothing wrong with it, it was supposed to be a cold starter. He just told them to leave, it was brilliant. Not sure about the celebs though, Abi Clancy who "desperately wants to be a model" is in it, so now I think she just wants to be famous. Can't wait for tonight.

Katy
04-09-2007, 09:38
It was so funny when he refused to serve those people any food as they were rude to him. It was brilliant. I love Marco. Can't wait to see how they cope tonight.

tammyy2j
07-09-2007, 13:53
Lee Ryan has quit Hell's Kitchen after a heated row with Marco Pierre White.

It is not known what prompted the quarrel or how long it lasted, but the former Blue singer left the kitchen to cool down once it had subsided. When he returned to the kitchen, White told him that he was no longer part of the team, prompting Ryan to quit the show.

Earlier today Ryan admitted that he was struggling with life on the ITV1 reality show, saying: "This isn't my job - it's a TV programme. It's okay but I am not 100% enjoying it."

ITV had planned to ask viewers to vote for their favourite celebrity chef on tonight's episode of the show, but is unknown whether the vote will now go ahead.

Nine celebrity chefs now remain on Hell's Kitchen, which continues tonight at 9pm on ITV1.

Siobhan
07-09-2007, 13:57
I watched this the last few days.. Lee quit cause of a remark made by Marco and rosie was voted out last night... I love the line up. Brian is so funny.. really enjoying this one compared to the last one

Bryan
07-09-2007, 13:58
to me I didn't find the offence of the word Pikie? I hear it all the time, even Catherine Tate uses it in her sketch shows. Man this word has gone PC crazy.

Siobhan
07-09-2007, 14:02
to me I didn't find the offence of the word Pikie? I hear it all the time, even Catherine Tate uses it in her sketch shows. Man this word has gone PC crazy.

totally agree and everyone didn't get offended by it only Lee.. he was not enjoying it anyway so I think this was just his excuse to leave

tammyy2j
07-09-2007, 16:31
Rosie Boycott has become the first celebrity chef to be sacked from Marco Pierre White's Hell's Kitchen.

The former editor of The Independent was voted off the ITV1 reality show live on air last night.

She admitted that she had enjoyed her Hell's Kitchen experience, saying: "I learned to make puddings, be adventurous with food and respect food. Also, I made a whole load of friends. Marco's a great team leader - he's very inspirational. The boys love him too."

Boycott became the second celebrity chef to hang up her whites. Earlier this week Lee Ryan quit the show after a heated row with White.

Eight celebrity chefs now remain on Hell’s Kitchen, which continues tonight at 9pm on ITV1.

no1abbafan
09-09-2007, 00:08
What a ****** is Jim Davidson, but also Marco, Its like the mutual admiration society in there. With any luck he will be voted out tomorrow, Jim that is. He is so desperate to win and revive his "career" he will do anything. I am loving Edel and dare I say it Abby, who I didn't like at the start.

Katy
09-09-2007, 10:30
I like Adele, I think theres more to her than what people think. Can't stick Abby Clancy though, just something that makes me want to leave the room everytime she comes on screen. My favourite boy is Barry McGuigan.

Bryan
09-09-2007, 10:33
Jim Davidson - legend. He should win this if there's any justice, the man isn't afraid to tackle the PC world that we live in. Good on him.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 09:30
Jim Davidson - legend. He should win this if there's any justice, the man isn't afraid to tackle the PC world that we live in. Good on him.

You are kidding right? That man annoys me so much on this show (good comic but he is annoying me in the kitchen).. If he was any futher up marco ass, he would be looking for a light switch in there!!! Jim is a huge prima Donna!! he thinks he owns that kitchen
Abi, Adele or Brian to win this.. they are doing a great job in there

tammyy2j
10-09-2007, 16:54
Hell's Kitchen stars Barry McGuigan, Adele Silva and Abbey Clancy have attacked fellow contestant Jim Davidson for threatening to leave, claiming that he is making empty threats.

Emmerdale star Adele Silva commented: "I don't think this is the right place for Jim to be. Jim has a real thing about reality TV shows - you can't say this, you can't say that - why are you here?"

Silva added: "I don't think he's a team player. Marco seems to think he is great, and yes he is great for morale and he's great for telling jokes."

Model Abbey Clancy agreed, saying: "I just think Jim's being so petty. It's become a big issue and putting his suit on today - I do think Jim's a bit of a divvy like that."

Boxing star Barry McGuigan argued that the former Generation Game presenter couldn't leave because he was the on show to help rejuvenate his flagging career.

The sports star said: "The bottom line is, he said he needs this because his career is over. So he needs it, why would he not do it?"

I hope he leaves Brian to win

tammyy2j
10-09-2007, 16:55
Abbey Clancy is apparently being paid £100,000 to star in Hell's Kitchen - prompting anger among her co-stars.

The glamour model gets more than twice as much as many of her colleagues, according to The People.

The 'paper says Emmerdale star Adele Silva, her closest competitor, gets £25,000 less than her.

And a source told the 'paper: "Several of the other contestants are furious that Abbey is getting so much money. They all have years of television experience and feel she's just famous for being a footballer's girlfriend.

"Some of the other contestants may have years of experience in TV, music and film but bosses believe Abbey is a more up-to-date celebrity who can pull in younger viewers.

"Telly bosses are desperate to appeal to an under-30s audience. People like Jim Davidson and Paul Young all have years of success behind them, but are no longer at the peak of their fame."

Some of the salaries, according to the 'paper, are: Adele Silva - £75,000, Jim Davidson - £60,000, Lee Ryan - £30,000 and Anneka Rice - £30,000.

tammyy2j
10-09-2007, 16:56
Lee Ryan attacks "arrogant" 'Kitchen' star
Sunday, September 9 2007, 20:47 BST

By Alex Fletcher

Warning: This article contains language and/or sexual references that younger readers are advised to avoid.

Ex-Blue singer Lee Ryan has labelled Hell's Kitchen's Marco Pierre White "arrogant" and a bully following his departure from the show earlier in the week.

The star rowed with the celebrity chef over his use of the word "pikey" to describe the food that the celebrities were cooking.

Ryan confronted the cook over his comments and ended up having a blazing row, which resulted in him leaving the programme.

He told The News Of The World: "Pikey is a bullying word because it puts people down. It's important to make a show of bullies like I did with Marco."

In an rant about White's behaviour on the show, Ryan described the chef as an "arrogant t***".

Ryan also claimed that the show was edited to look favourable to the chef, making it look as if he had walked out, when in fact he was asked to leave.

He commented: "I got kicked out but it was edited to make it look the other way. They left out the bit where I asked Marco, 'Do you want me off the show?' and he said, 'Yes'.

"The bad way he spoke to me wasn't shown. He once said to me, 'Go away, I don't want to talk to you' when I only wanted to ask a question."

Siobhan
11-09-2007, 09:50
http://www.itv.com/img/150x113/Hells-Kitchen-Jim-Davidson-e2db83da-399d-4aa3-92bf-403a81b28d20.jpgBreaking news: Jim leaves Hell's Kitchen

Jim Davidson left the show today following a series of altercations which came to a head in a row with Brian last night.

Tonight we see the events leading up to the comedian’s departure, which began as Kelly sipped champagne with Angus following her sacking.

Having survived the public vote for the second time, Jim returned to the kitchen, saying that he thought he’d been given a funny look by a table of diners. “Why do shirt-lifters pull that same face?” he asked Paul and Brian.

“Please don’t say shirt-lifters,” a shocked Brian replied. “It’s really rude.”

“I don’t care,” Jim insisted. “…Some gay men have the same look.”

“What look?” Brian asked. “Do I have that look?”

“No, only when you put it on,” Jim explained. “It’s a sort of preen.”

And later on in the garden after service, the row flared up again when a horrified Brian asked Jim to explain himself further.

“Why do you have to play the homophobic card?” Jim protested. And despite Paul’s best efforts, the bust-up ballooned yet again.

“How can you say that to me?” Brian sobbed. “I am sitting right beside you. I am an equal to you Jim, in everything we have ever done.”

“Sure – that’s what GAY stands for,” Jim sneered. ‘Good As You’. I know that.

“Jim don’t say that,” Brian protested. “Jim, I am Brian – not ‘Good As You’. I am an equal to you. You are being really, really horrible to me now …Why can’t I be Brian and you be Jim?”

Brian then broke down in tears, and Adele and Abbey tried to lead him out of the room. “I won’t walk away” he protested. “I won’t be as Good As You. I will be BAY – Better Than You.”

If anyone saw this last night, it was disgraceful behaviour from Jim.. I hope he is kicked of the show and not just leave. He was hurtful and horrible and just say "that's the way I am".... I wanted to punch him

Katy
11-09-2007, 12:10
Had a feeling they might have another row after there last altercation in the house.

Siobhan
11-09-2007, 12:17
Had a feeling they might have another row after there last altercation in the house.
At the end of the show Angus said "just after that talk this morning, Jim was asked to leave the house".. I really hope they did tell him to leave and not jim walking out. He has been so bigoted since the start and that comment last night "there are human beings and then there is girl" is old fashioned, out dated and clearly sexist. Then for him to call brian what he did was an outrage, he deserves to be kicked off.

no1abbafan
15-09-2007, 22:40
So it's Barry and Adel for the final, really glad, but sorry to see Paul Young go too, I really liked him and thought he might make it. Enjoyed this series, really enjoyed Marco, he seemed to have their wellbeing at heart and wanted them to do well, By the way what a Sla***r is Abi Titmuss, making a play for Paul Young on TV.

Chloe O'brien
15-09-2007, 22:45
I hope Barry wins although i expected Brian and Adele to go through to the final.

Jessie Wallace
15-09-2007, 23:16
Adele to win for me please, Barry's won enough fight's i his life and Brian well Brian is just Brian! lol

!. Adele
2. Brian
3. Barry

Siobhan
17-09-2007, 10:04
Can't wait for the final tonight.. both deserve to win but I am putting my money on Barry.. he has been great throughout the show.. I am not sure but I think the other celebs come back to help them on their last day... that would be great to see them all back in the kitchen

Siobhan
18-09-2007, 13:49
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: Barry won.. was so happy for him but have to say Adele did a great job on the pass last night

Katy
18-09-2007, 17:27
Me too, I loved Barry he was brilliant al the way through, although i did like Adele, they were my two favourites from the start and both deserved to do well.

Bryan
18-09-2007, 21:36
a bit disapointed that Adele didn't win, but Barry was a worthy winner.

Can't say Hells Kitchen has been the most compelling peice of television, but it's been something to watch, something nice and easy to see the evenings go by, I shall miss it now it's not on.

Wonder if they'll do another series.

alan45
19-09-2007, 10:31
Not normally a fan of Reality TV I have to say that I really enjoyed Hells Kitchen and in the end would have found it difficult to chose between Barry and Adele although in their final pre veote interviews Barry was more complimentary to Adele than she was to him. He mentioned all the good things Adelae had done while she just babbled on about herself.

Marfco was excellent and ten times better than Gordon F%$&*ing Ramsey

tammyy2j
19-09-2007, 17:06
I'm glad Barry won in the end :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

tammyy2j
23-03-2009, 15:04
Claudia Winkleman will host the new series of Hell's Kitchen on ITV1, it has been announced.

The presenter will front the nightly show live from the restaurant in East London when it returns for its fourth series later in the spring.

The new series will see Marco Pierre White put a group of celebrities through their paces as he attempts to turn them into chefs in just two weeks.

Winkleman said of her new position: "I've always been a huge fan of Hell's Kitchen so I’m thrilled to be joining the team. I'm hoping for some tips from Marco as I get confused when making toast."

"We are delighted that Claudia has agreed to present Hell’s Kitchen," said Peter Fincham, director of television, channels and online. "Keeping Marco and the celebrities in check is something of a challenge and we’re sure she will be able to withstand the heat."

Earlier this month, it was announced that Winkleman will present the Digital Spy Reality TV Awards.

Perdita
07-04-2009, 15:48
Anthea Turner and her husband Grant Bovey are among the celebrities competing on this year's Hell's Kitchen.

The pair will be joined in the fourth series by Danielle Bux, Ms Dynamite, Adrian Edmonson, Bruce Grobbelaar, Jody Latham and Linda Evans.

Marco Pierre White will be back to train the stars over the two-week period.

This year, the celebrity chef will have the power to sack those who he thinks are not up to the job, but the public will decide the eventual winner.

In addition, the two trainee chefs who have failed to impress Marco will be made to wait on tables in the restaurant.

Hell's Kitchen starts on Monday, April 13 at 9pm on ITV1.

Siobhan
07-04-2009, 15:54
Ah yeah.. Ade Edmunson!! can't wait for this... love Ade

Layne
07-04-2009, 17:08
Adrian will be good :) Can't wait for this to come back - such a good show :D
I love Marco :D

Perdita
07-04-2009, 19:31
I think Marco is gorgeous too :wub:

Perdita
07-04-2009, 20:40
HELL’S Kitchen bosses are fuming after Dynasty diva Linda Evans gave THEM the chop.
The actress, who played Krystle Carrington in the 1980s soap, has pulled out of the reality show at the 11th hour.

Linda, 66, was horrified when cash-strapped ITV1 bosses told her she had to leave London’s luxury hotel The Dorchester and slum it on set with the other reality stars.

A source told TV Biz: “Linda had been staying at The Dorchester ahead of the launch.

“But when bosses said she would have to stay in the small flat next to the studio with the other celebs she lost it.

“She is not used to slumming it and wasn’t about to move in with eight strangers. As she saw it, ITV had already got her at a cut-price fee and this was taking the biscuit.”

Linda was a megastar when she appeared alongside Joan Collins and John Forsythe in the legendary US show.

Her walkout leaves producers with just EIGHT famous faces to be coached and eliminated by chef Marco Pierre White.

They are: Gary Lineker’s missus Danielle Bux; pop star Ms Dynamite; comic Ade Edmondson; Anthea Turner and hubby Grant Bovey; actor Brian Blessed; fallen former goalie Bruce Grobbelaar and Shameless actor Jody Latham.

The last series featured ten stars, including Anneka Rice, Hollywood beauty Kelly LeBrock, Abbey Clancy and Jim Davidson. The source said: “Eight stars isn’t many and they have been left without a big American name so there is hole in the casting.”

This year’s show will be credit crunched — not only will there be fewer celebrities, but the studio is smaller and the menu has been slashed. Instead of posh nosh, budget British fare will be served up.

Last night a source said: “More than the meat has been trimmed.”

miccisy
08-04-2009, 13:03
Who does she think she is. Why should she get to stay in some posh hotel just cos she used to be a big star.

Chloe O'brien
08-04-2009, 23:53
I hope Ade Edmunson wins. I can't be bothered with the rest.

Siobhan
09-04-2009, 09:59
I hope Ade Edmunson wins. I can't be bothered with the rest.

Himself and Brian Blessed for the final will be one of the funniest shows you will ever see..

Bryan
10-04-2009, 20:49
tbh i was shocked when i first heard she'd be in it, i thought this is a big of a come down to go from Dynasty to this. Brian Blessed will be a much better choice, I love that man, and I can guarantee that he will get all my friends watching, when he did have I got News For You we loved it!

I love this show! Marco is such a talented and charismatic person, it's always entertaining and interesting to watch, his passion for food really shines through.

DaVeyWaVey
14-04-2009, 14:47
I just watched last night's show on ITV Catch Up. I thought it was alright but it did drag a bit. I can see it getting better over the series though.

I think Marco is quite funny and I do like his OTT attitude. However I found the small Naomi/Marco conflict rather forced.

At the moment I really like Ade, Danielle and Jody. I can't take to Anthea at all - she's a bit cold I think and I sense Grant is going to become a bit of a brown noser.

I like Claudia. She isn't as witty as Angus, but I think she has a really nice presenting style.

Siobhan
14-04-2009, 14:50
Grant is annoying me already.. I can see him and Marco shooting grouse at the weekend.. what ho top chat! nice tea sort of way about them both.. Love Ade. He didn't deserve to be a waiter

Bryan
14-04-2009, 15:51
i'm confused about linda evans. i thought she'd pulled out and Brian Blessed had replaced her? was looking forward to seeing him on it!

it's a shame that Marco seems to be picking on miss dynamite-ee-ee.

not the best line up of celebs but I LOVE Marco, so it should be a good series!

Siobhan
17-04-2009, 08:36
There doesn't seem to be any umph this year in the contestants... I did laugh when Ade stole the pasta for his dish :lol::lol:and Jody is beginning to annoy me...

Bryan
18-04-2009, 21:56
what an episode tonight eh? Jodi was a bit hot tempered but he had a heart of gold really, and i'm glad he's been given a second chance

i love marco, he is so amazing to watch, very insightful and just captivating to watch, his words of advice to jodi were so powerful, and he says everything without swearing, i really like marco, i'm thinking of getting his autobiography to read up on his life, i hear it's interesting

it's all very apprentice this year isn't it lol!?

alan45
19-04-2009, 10:56
Jody Latham is an obnoxious little scrote. His appalling behaviour is only exceeded by his sheer arrogance. He wouldnt last two minutes in a real restaurant kitchen.

miccisy
19-04-2009, 13:21
Anthea Turner is so arrogant. She should have been sacked. Cheeky cow

annette_tr9
19-04-2009, 22:44
i think they took the whole jodi thing too far.....he wanst that bad!!! i think he deserves a second chance. makes better viewing anyway....the rest aren't doing much, except anthea who moans contactly. and ade who should win, because he is brilliant

Chloe O'brien
19-04-2009, 22:59
Anthea or Niaomi will go tomorrow. I doubt if Jody didn't have his outburst he would have still been in the competition.

Siobhan
20-04-2009, 09:11
Ade definitely should win and I really like Bruce too... Jody annoyed me so much over the last couple of days.. Anthea did have a point, when jody's family was in, he spent more time chatting to them than working.. he is not a team player and he deserved to be sacked.. Ade to win :cheer::cheer::cheer:

tammyy2j
22-04-2009, 13:59
Sacked Jody Latham gave his fellow celeb chefs a right roasting.

Millions saw the ex-Shameless actor leg it out the kitchen yesterday and then get fired by chef Marco Pierre White.

Now hot-headed Jody, 27 – hated by the other celebs on the ITV show after upsetting them with his temper tantrums and insults – has hit back.

He blasted: “I want Niomi or Danielle to win because they’re the only two worth watching.

“If they’re sacked I’ll switch off.”

Jody, who branded Anthea Turner, 48, “a stupid cow” laid into the other celebs in the kitchen.

He said of Anthea and her husband Grant Bovey, 47: “They’re playing a game to win. They’re not popular with the public.”

He was equally scathing about Ade Edmondson, 52, saying: “He isn’t a comedian. He’s someone who is funny
occasionally.”

Bruce Grobbelaar, 51, also received a broadside, with Jody saying: “I thought we’d be friends. Clearly our relationship just didn’t progress.”

Just before Marco, 47, sacked him, Jody caused a panic with producers by doing a runner and jumping over a security fence at the TV studios.

He explained: “Marco said he was like me when he was younger and we had private words which really hit home and I just had to get away,

“I am an emotional person and ruled by my heart.

“I jumped over the fence as I needed to be alone.

“I wasn’t running way. I had every intention of coming back.”

Asked about his experience on Hell’s Kitchen, he said: “I don’t regret a thing. For me this wasn’t a game it was a journey.”

Meanwhile TV funnyman Ade is convinced that “Gran-thea” haven’t had sex during their time on the show.

He said: “The living quarters have very thin walls. I don’t think there’s much opportunity really for hanky panky.”

Saturday’s show had the best ratings of the series with 6.6million viewers.

Siobhan
22-04-2009, 14:19
well Grant won't be getting any tonight either.. he was sacked :lol: I love Ade.. what he got everyone to do with the chair during diner verdicts was so funny...

Chloe O'brien
22-04-2009, 14:52
Now we need to get rid of Anthea next.

Siobhan
22-04-2009, 15:17
Now we need to get rid of Anthea next.

Agreed.. she would have been up for the chop if Ade's team lost...

Chloe O'brien
22-04-2009, 23:02
Turned the channel over after the apprentice to see tha Bruce got the chop what was all that about. I had hopes for him to be in the final with Ade.

no1abbafan
23-04-2009, 06:48
He wanted to leave - asked Marco to let him leave because he missed his wife and wanted the others to stay over him, that's why he went.

Siobhan
23-04-2009, 09:32
Bruce left :eek::eek::eek: Thought he would be in the final.. can't believe he did that.. I was look at the apprentice too so miss Hell's kitchen last night

Layne
23-04-2009, 17:29
Im gutted Bruce left :( Although he was saying this morning on GMTV this week has been hard - missing him family and stuff but also the Hillsborough memorial - he was there when it happened, and so this week has been tough.

Siobhan
24-04-2009, 09:37
So glad Anthea is gone!! Ade to win.. he is the best

Chloe O'brien
24-04-2009, 11:44
So she finally went last night yipeee!!! Come on Ade.

Siobhan
27-04-2009, 16:48
Final tonight... I have a feeling Linda is going to win but I want Ade to win... he is so funny and kept me entertained all the way through.. if it wasn't for him, this would have been incredible boring

Chloe O'brien
29-04-2009, 00:03
So Linda won. Hard luck Ade. Disapointed he didn't win thought he had it in the bag.

Siobhan
29-04-2009, 09:09
So Linda won. Hard luck Ade. Disapointed he didn't win thought he had it in the bag.

Me too but everyone seemed to be going for Linda.. the end was disappointing this year I thought.. and the winner is LINDA, thanks for watching, good night... end..

Layne
29-04-2009, 11:51
Agree end was a bit disappointing. Happy for Linda - but i wanted Ade to win, i thought he was more consistant throughout and plus he was funnier :)

tammyy2j
29-04-2009, 13:26
Its a shame Ade didnt win :thumbsdow