PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter movies General

Siobhan
27-08-2007, 12:44
Did know whether there was a discussing on this or not and I am miles behind everything HP related. I only just finished watch the 1st 3 movies and yes they were quiet good but I have a few question (think I missed them along the way)
How is Harry related to the family that he stays with, via the man or the woman?
What happened to Fluffy after 1st movie?

I didn't think I would enjoy them as much as I did... going to watch 4th movie this week. Is other movies out on DVD yet? (not sure if I will read the books but I like the movies)

Luna
27-08-2007, 13:03
Did know whether there was a discussing on this or not and I am miles behind everything HP related. I only just finished watch the 1st 3 movies and yes they were quiet good but I have a few question (think I missed them along the way)
How is Harry related to the family that he stays with, via the man or the woman?
What happened to Fluffy after 1st movie?

I didn't think I would enjoy them as much as I did... going to watch 4th movie this week. Is other movies out on DVD yet? (not sure if I will read the books but I like the movies)

Petunia, harry's aunt, is Lilly potter, harry's mum, sister dumbledore left him with them.

Not sure about fluffy but im sure he is mentioned in a later book

Siobhan
27-08-2007, 13:51
thanks Luna... it kinda confused me cause in 3rd movie, his "aunt" was going on about his parents... I am surprised her sister in law didn't jump in and say anything...
Why did harry stay with them anyway after he found out he was a wizard. I understand Hogworth is closed for Summer but he could have found another place to stay..

Luna
27-08-2007, 14:07
thanks Luna... it kinda confused me cause in 3rd movie, his "aunt" was going on about his parents... I am surprised her sister in law didn't jump in and say anything...
Why did harry stay with them anyway after he found out he was a wizard. I understand Hogworth is closed for Summer but he could have found another place to stay..

Petunia hated her sister thought she was weird because of the magic thing and i think she was jealous too.

Harry has to stay with them because of the bond of family as long as he stays with someone who has his mothers blood he will be protected. Voldy would never be able to find him there

Chloe O'brien
27-08-2007, 19:26
I have only seen the first three films Shiv but I bit the bullet and decided to read all the books from the begining. It's great as I read them to Marley at night.

Siobhan
28-08-2007, 09:20
I have only seen the first three films Shiv but I bit the bullet and decided to read all the books from the begining. It's great as I read them to Marley at night.

Charley is scared of Harry Potter, she hasn't seen the movies just the ads on TV so I think it best not to read them to her until she is older.. I might check them out myself but for now the movies are fine

Xx-Vicky-xX
16-10-2007, 21:57
I love the first one, it is the only one i've read the book of, because we had to do it in year 7, Dan has changed so much over the last 7 years since they started, infact they all have, it is hard to believe they are the same people when you watch them.

Tannie
16-10-2007, 22:01
I've seen all of them and read all the books.
Infact today i went to see Harry Potter &' The order of the Phoenix On The IMax! &' It was 3D:D
Was Well good.
I love all the harry potter films.
They are growing up, which in a way is going to act a bit wierd cos in the next movie they need to be 15 and are they not like 17/18 in real life?

Xx-Vicky-xX
16-10-2007, 22:03
I've seen all of them and read all the books.
Infact today i went to see Harry Potter &' The order of the Phoenix On The IMax! &' It was 3D:D
Was Well good.
I love all the harry potter films.
They are growing up, which in a way is going to act a bit wierd cos in the next movie they need to be 15 and are they not like 17/18 in real life?

Yeah Dan is same age as me, i would assume Emma and Rupert are the same, they all looked 11 when they started the films

Tannie
16-10-2007, 22:07
That's kinda stupid. Love the actors and actresses but they're going to look way older then 15/16. Oh well. Love the movies through. But i have to admit the books are way better then the movies, yeah the movies are good. But The books hold way more information:D

Xx-Vicky-xX
16-10-2007, 22:13
I don't like the books, they might hold more info but i don't like reading anyway but HP books are hard to read because they are so long

Tannie
16-10-2007, 22:16
I don't like the books, they might hold more info but i don't like reading anyway but HP books are hard to read because they are so long

Yeah they are quite long. But the films are fabby favourite one has to current;y be the latest one i just love it:D

Abbie
16-10-2007, 22:20
I was dissapointed with the latest one, it missed out so much

Xx-Vicky-xX
16-10-2007, 22:21
I prefere films, they are no where near as boring as it is to sit and read 500 odd pages

Tannie
16-10-2007, 22:23

It did i only really like the fighting scene in it! I moaned all the way to my grans the first time seeing it!
Lol vicky im more of a read the book type of person but then again i do read alot:p

Abbie
16-10-2007, 22:24
Lol I love reading the books and ever since the films started I picture everything in my head more

Abbie
16-10-2007, 22:24

It did i only really like the fighting scene in it! I moaned all the way to my grans the first time seeing it!
Lol vicky im more of a read the book type of person but then again i do read alot:p
I know, it was the longest book though, hopefully the next film wont be so bad, as in missing out stuff