PDA

View Full Version : X Factor 2007 - General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chris_2k11
16-08-2007, 21:35
X Factor is back this Saturday, thought we could use this thread to discuss the series. Im gonna miss this week's so if anyone knows of any repeats i'd be grateful, thanks :)

DaVeyWaVey
16-08-2007, 21:46
I can't wait for it to start again - should be good especially as there are changes to the show this year. I'm going to miss Kate Thornton as host i have to admit, but i'm sure that i'll warm to Dermot really quickly - i do like him on BBLB anyway.

Abigail
16-08-2007, 22:32
Starts at 7.40pm. Is Dermot doing XF and BBLB at the same time (obviously not in the same timeslot but as two seperate jobs)?

DaVeyWaVey
16-08-2007, 22:37
Yeh i think so Jelly Belly but Big Brother is ending at the end of this month anyway so he won't be tackling 2 tv jobs for too much longer! :D

kels257
17-08-2007, 11:53
Im gonna miss this week's so if anyone knows of any repeats i'd be grateful, thanks :)

Last year it used to be repeated on a Sunday morning/afternoon on ITV.

Chloe O'brien
17-08-2007, 23:46
Can't believe it that time again already, wonder what kind of loonies will turn up for nominations this year? I'll be watching but only until Strictly come dancing is back on.

Bryan
18-08-2007, 10:17
ooo cant wait for this, love the X factor. Can't wait to hear Simon's cruel put downs, and I wonder what bunch of talentless freaks will turn up this time around? :D

Abbie
18-08-2007, 19:12
I cant believe its back already!!! I cant wait though, im looking forward to the auditions but there are some of the auditions i just cant watch cause its too painful!!

Chloe O'brien
18-08-2007, 20:56
Aw it's good to have Sharon, Louis and the wonderful Mr Cowell back on our screen on a Saturday night. There was some good singers on tonight and some loonies epecially the woman who could play invicible musical insturments.

DaVeyWaVey
18-08-2007, 20:59
The X Factor is back and brilliant in my opinion! :thumbsup: Really liked tonight's show - i'm glad Louis is back on the panel as i always love his chemistry with Sharon and Simon. Dannii is a good addition to the panel as well.

I really liked the woman at the end of the show that sang but that other woman (Emily?) i think was so spoilt!

I couldn't stop laughing at that woman who played the invisible violin and guitar. :lol: I'm glad they put her through!

DaVeyWaVey
19-08-2007, 22:31
The X Factor got 9.5 million viewers last night for its opening episode achieving 50% of the viewing audience. Very impressive - well done X Factor!! :)

Johnny Allen
19-08-2007, 23:24
so pleased to see it back was away for the weekend so I had to get my brother to record it. Glad Louis is back they were really missing his spark, Brian had no chemistry with the others. Got to love Simon.

SarahWakefield
20-08-2007, 00:37
Best thing on TV!

Get to see the beeeautiful Mr Cowell, which is a bonus!

Siobhan
20-08-2007, 08:56
I totally agreed with Simon and Sharon.. there was something missing in the first half of this show and it was only when they brought louis back did I realise that is what it was!!!

tammyy2j
20-08-2007, 10:25
I'm glad its back and also that Louis is back :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Johnny Allen
20-08-2007, 11:31
Next weeks looks funny, Sharon walking into the door her and Louis are like a pair of naughty school children, very funny together.

Xx-Vicky-xX
21-08-2007, 09:29
I do hate to say this (because i don't like Louis) but it really wasnt right without him, the first half was boring and i really don't like that Brian Friedman dude anyway and im not much of a Dannii supporter either so yes as much as i hate to say it im glad Louis is back :cheer:

Siobhan
21-08-2007, 09:31
Next weeks looks funny, Sharon walking into the door her and Louis are like a pair of naughty school children, very funny together.

I seen that clip.. Simon says "I think you both should leave the table" and they walk out like giggling school kids.. was sharon drunk or something???

Abbie
21-08-2007, 12:57
I do hate to say this (because i don't like Louis) but it really wasnt right without him, the first half was boring and i really don't like that Brian Friedman dude anyway and im not much of a Dannii supporter either so yes as much as i hate to say it im glad Louis is back :cheer:

I know what you mean about the first half and brian really got on my nerves, I know that there was some really crazy people who went to audition and couldnt sing but he kept saying he was dissappointed in britan's talent, well im guessing he doesnt watch American idol cos if he did and saw some of the slightly crazy people who cant sing at all, I think he would be dissapointed in america too

Luna
21-08-2007, 13:04
great start to the series how sad was the ending?!?!?!

Also brilliant to see Louis back the show was the same without him

*-Rooney-*
24-08-2007, 20:07
how about the woman that found the application in amongst her dad's papers after he died ( that was quite sad) she was a good singer,

so was the 14 year old

DaVeyWaVey
24-08-2007, 20:23
I think that Niki will make it to the live stages (the one who's dad had died)..she was such a fab singer.

DaVeyWaVey
25-08-2007, 23:15
It was good tonight. The army guy had an alright voice and a very sad story to tell...glad he got through, not sure if he'll make it through to the live rounds though.

The 15 year old girl has an amazing voice - glad she came back this year, she has wonderful talent!

I couldn't believe the attitude of that girl called Rachel! What a vile and rude woman! Totally deluded...she thought she was better than Madonna?! :lol:

Chloe O'brien
25-08-2007, 23:28
I missed the first 10 minutes did they show the part with Sharon and Louis leaving the room laughing and Sharon hitting her head on the door?

There were some good singers on tonight. That Brizillan guy that Simon kept calling Igor was mental and so was the guy with 17 songs to sing :rotfl: The soldier at the end has been tipped to win this years event and how scary was that Rachel she thought she was fabulous.

DaVeyWaVey
25-08-2007, 23:42
No they didn't show the Sharon/Louis bit which is quite surprising! They might show it next week maybe?!

The soldier is tipped to win it already?! :eek: He was a rather average singer, i thought..

Chloe O'brien
25-08-2007, 23:45
No they didn't show the Sharon/Louis bit which is quite surprising! They might show it next week maybe?!

The soldier is tipped to win it already?! :eek: He was a rather average singer, i thought..

I read the post on DS a few weeks ago and it said that he was the favoirte to win the show, I guess we will have to wait until all the auditions are over to find out.

Jessie Wallace
26-08-2007, 00:55
I didn't think anyone really stood out in tonight show, yes there were some good one's but no-one that made me kinda stop in my tracks.

samantha nixon
26-08-2007, 15:47
I think this series of x factor has been really good so far, i like nikki i think shes a good singer and i like the soldier i thought he was good aswell

alan45
27-08-2007, 08:41
I didn't think anyone really stood out in tonight show, yes there were some good one's but no-one that made me kinda stop in my tracks.

You must have missed Welsh wannabe Rachel Lester. She couldnt sing a note and thought she was brilliant. If ever anyone deserved a fall on National TV it was her the poor deluded fool. Even I could sing better than her and I havent gote a note in my head. She had a real attitude problem

Siobhan
27-08-2007, 10:43
that girl really thought she was the best.. how can anyone have such high opinion of themselves.. she was a dreadful singer and yet she was really pleased with her singing... How???? all I can say is someone (maybe her parent) have been telling her she is fantastic and she believed it all.. Ok, have some faith in yourself but don't be arrogant about it

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-08-2007, 10:50
That old bloke who no one could understand was funny, as was that bloke who kissed Simon and the galloper and of course that dude who said Tom Jones cant sing - Rachel was just scary

Johnny Allen
27-08-2007, 10:53
That Rachel was really awful but damn good television Sharons face when Rachel finished singing and said 'that was good wasnt it lets face it'. That Icor the man with a whole lot of love was by far one of the funniest auditions ever.

tammyy2j
27-08-2007, 16:30
Army boy was good this week he is so hot. I'm not liking Danni i think its time she went she is an awful judge

pookie1968uk
27-08-2007, 17:24
i dont see the point of her being there at all. it would have been fine with the normal three judges, what was the point of a fourth?

alan45
27-08-2007, 18:00
Well lets face it shes a better singer than Sharon and certainly 10 times better looking but then thats just me being sexist:p

Chloe O'brien
27-08-2007, 19:57
Well lets face it shes a better singer than Sharon and certainly 10 times better looking but then thats just me being sexist:p

Not at all Alan, us women have had 3 years too drool over Simon. It's all about equality.

*-Rooney-*
27-08-2007, 20:34
i dont understand there being 4 judges now, what happens if 2 says yes and 2 says no how do they decide.

i think we can do without danni she isnt a very good judge i mean she said yes to john the welsh singer who thinks tom jones CANT sing and he can (and he clearly cant sing or dance)

StarsOfCCTV
27-08-2007, 20:41
I missed half of the episode but that women Rachel, she was scarily full of herself! :ninja: Sometimes I wish I was tone deaf :p The army guy was cute, but not the greatest singer.

Don't know what the point of Dannii is but I guess she's eye candy for the guys :p

Chloe O'brien
27-08-2007, 21:00
i dont understand there being 4 judges now, what happens if 2 says yes and 2 says no how do they decide.

i think we can do without danni she isnt a very good judge i mean she said yes to john the welsh singer who thinks tom jones CANT sing and he can (and he clearly cant sing or dance)

If the judges tied at 2-2 then Simon would have the deciding vote as he is the boss. We will see how much a contribution to the show Danni makes over the coming weeks. If she is rubbish then Simon will give her the push.

Jessie Wallace
27-08-2007, 22:02
i hope she stay's i really like her in it, bring newness to the show.

Siobhan
28-08-2007, 10:35

How many of the others have done this.. said yes to someone who was completely hopeless just to annoy Simon or to make the person feel a bit better than be totally slated.
Simon does it sometimes.. Louis and Sharon say no and Simon "I was going to say yes"... it wasn't serious from Danni

Katy
28-08-2007, 10:48
That Rachel was bizarre, what got me was not her as she was clearly deluded at the fact she could sing but Dannii and the other judges were like i have never met anyone like her before, its like do not live in the world the rest of us live in reality. Evidently not. The soldier was good but i havent picked a favourite yet, the liverpool dinner ladie was quite good from show 1

Bryan
28-08-2007, 11:46

they're getting rid of the judges vote this year, to avoid this situation

I think it's a good idea personally as the judges often vote tactically, supporting their own acts over talent. Louis and Sharon teamed together and supported one another last year, which wasnt fair on Simon's acts.

tammyy2j
28-08-2007, 12:52

The contestants need 3 yes votes from the judges to make it through

Chris_2k11
28-08-2007, 17:39
Nobody at all has stood out to me yet. Alot that have got through didn't deserve to imo

Siobhan
29-08-2007, 09:19
Nobody at all has stood out to me yet. Alot that have got through didn't deserve to imo

I have to agree with you.. I have seen anyone that I have gone "yeah, he/she is good" like with Ben and Ray last year

pookie1968uk
29-08-2007, 09:51

i have to agree with you. i think sometimes they sit through that much rubbish that when someone average comes along they put them through because they seem so much better than some of the rubbish ones but really they are not good enough to go through, if you know what i mean!

tammyy2j
30-08-2007, 15:22
Last year's X Factor stars Eton Road have hit out at their old mentor Louis Walsh - for not keeping his promise to get the group a record deal.

The music mogul vowed that he would help the singers to become huge stars when they were eliminated from the talent competition in 2006, but he has failed to deliver on his promise.

"We've been left high and dry because Louis didn't keep his word," band member James Edwards told the Daily Star. "We're very upset. It gives false hope to people on the show."

He added: "Millions of people heard Louis say he'd get us a record deal and nothing has happened. It's very embarrassing as everyone's asking if we're now signed - and we're not. I'd hate for anyone on this year's show to be told they'll get a record deal and then spend months hanging around with false hopes. It's soul destroying."

Anthony Hannah, 18, decided to quit the group earlier this month because he wants to pursue a solo career.

An X Factor spokeswoman explained that Eton Road signed up to a management company after being voted off last year, making it difficult for Louis to control the group.

*-Rooney-*
30-08-2007, 18:50
i have to say though out of all the musical reality shows over the years the only ones to be successful IMO are will young and girls aloud, even though the likes of michelle mcmanus and leona have fantastic voices. even ray quinn was more successful than the winner leona as he was a judge in the show baby ballroom and we havent heard of leona again.

so just because you win doesnt mean you will be successful

DaVeyWaVey
31-08-2007, 11:11
Actually Leona has been making an album and it has taken a year for her to make the album with her own songs on - i think her new single is going to be released very soon - she performs her new single on the first live show of the X Factor this year, apparently.

Chris_2k11
31-08-2007, 12:41
Apparently its called "Bleeding Love"

Xx-Vicky-xX
02-09-2007, 10:43
How funny was that girl from Japan :rotfl: loved her

Abigail
02-09-2007, 23:37
I've not been watching religiously this year. I think the format is getting old and needs changing. Maybe it will improve when it gets to the live shows.

Last night's audition show showed more of the embarressing auditions than the good ones. I thought one of the guys (looked so much like Will Young) was ace, I hope he gets through to the live shows.

Katy
03-09-2007, 10:12
I tink they are doing that alot, how deluded were that group from Birmingham. The man that told Simon not to come to Brum as he upset his wife. It was bizarre.

I'm still not getting the point of Dermot O Leary, he's not really done anything like Kate did last year you see him hug the odd contestant but that's about it. I watched extra factor and fearne cotton was brilliant. I thought it was better than the normal show.

Siobhan
03-09-2007, 10:14
There was 2 guys that stood out for me on saturday. the guy who came on his own and the other guy who sang the opera... there was some nut jobs again this week... but overall it was a good show

Chris_2k11
03-09-2007, 13:37
I watched extra factor and fearne cotton was brilliant. I thought it was better than the normal show.I agree Katy its miles better. I think they should have Fearne presenting the main show and Dermot doing the xtra factor.

tammyy2j
03-09-2007, 17:01
It was funny when a member of girl group knee'd Dermot in the groin :rotfl: :rotfl: and also the Japanese lady that loved Simon :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really still can't see the point of Danni

Johnny Allen
09-09-2007, 15:42
how offended was Louis when that arrogant guy said Shane Ward had no charisma, When they had to say yes or no and he shouted No. Simon was like ok Louis calm down. That was veryy funny. That guy that sang Handbags and the gladrags was great I think he'll make it to the live shows.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 09:24
Was it only me who thought the woman who was a dance teacher (she sang just a little bit by libertyX) was the worse singer ever and she was put through. I didn't like the guy who slagged of leona and Shane and Louis was right.. I would hate to work with someone that Cocky... it wasn't even confidence.
There was some good singer this week and that girl who had her dad come in and have a go at simon was bad!!

Katy
10-09-2007, 10:11
The girl at teh end was good the one that had a tough few years and bought her daughter in with her, she was the very last one. She just needed a bit of confidence i think. I didn't see many Irish entrants this series.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 10:12
There is no Irish entrants at all this year.. That girl at the end had me in floods of tears.. she was good and her story was so sad.. her daughter is so lovely

Katy
10-09-2007, 10:14
I know she was just so broken by it it would be nice to see what she can do with a bit of confidence, although saying that it was very brave to go in for it.

I didn't know that as i read a 16 year old from Balina, in Mayo got through in the Irish post they did an article on him but then i thouught well how can that be if we are yet to se any hint of the judges being in Ireland.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 10:17
They were in Belfast on this weeks show... but according to Simon Cowel, no Irish got through and he said it was a massive waste of time

tammyy2j
10-09-2007, 15:12
the guy the said he was better than Shayne and Leona was an idiot he wasn't that good i can't believe he was put through :nono: :nono:

Was there auditions in Dublin at all? I didn't anyone was put through from Belfast?

The mayor of Belfast calling Louis Louise was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 15:23
the guy the said he was better than Shayne and Leona was an idiot he wasn't that good i can't believe he was put through :nono: :nono:

Was there auditions in Dublin at all? I didn't anyone was put through from Belfast?

The mayor of Belfast calling Louis Louise was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

No dublin auditions.. only belfast this year cause dublin was last year...

Chloe O'brien
10-09-2007, 22:17
When that dance teacher was auditioning I expected the judges to laugh at her and tell her how awful she was but they put her through to boot camp :eek: the girl at the end was great she needs a break I'm sure she will do well in the competiton.

Chris_2k11
22-09-2007, 19:59
very disappointed with this years auditions, theres no one outstanding or anything like last year. theres a few very good ones but no one that'll make it big in the music business imo. anyway boot camp next week

*-Rooney-*
22-09-2007, 20:10
well IMO i have saw absolutely fantastic people in the past years that still havent been able to make it big in the music business,

Chloe O'brien
22-09-2007, 23:22
I for one enjoy the auditions better than the live shows as we can have a good laugh at all the disillusioned loonies who think they can sing. But for the first time tonight I cringed when that girl with the big dress on walked in to the room. She was terrified and was struggling with her breathing. Whether it be because of the weight or her being really nervous but I felt so sorry for her when she said that she couldn't sing anymore. For once even Simon kept his costic remarks to himself. He was spot on when he told her parents that it was there fault that she is going to disapointed. I hope when they watch the show tonight that they take a good long look at themselves and stop parading that girl around like a circus freak forcing her to do something that she really doesn't want to do.

Abbie
23-09-2007, 19:58
very disappointed with this years auditions, theres no one outstanding or anything like last year. theres a few very good ones but no one that'll make it big in the music business imo. anyway boot camp next week

I know what you mean, and I also feel like there have been very little groups this year

Abbie
30-09-2007, 20:14
Well that was odd last night, with the rejected solo artists creating groups, but it did work!
Quite alot of the people I wanted to get through got through
I thought it was quite good they did boot camp this year

DaVeyWaVey
30-09-2007, 20:22
Why did that man who can't even sing get through? He's like a copycat of Chico = no talent. He got through in the Over 25s over that decent wedding singer - they actually turned talent away to put him through (i forgot his name but he's in the over 25s section).

The groups did surprisingly work didn't they? I think both groups are very good. Glad that primary school teacher and that other girl who is 15 got through.

Abbie
30-09-2007, 20:37
Why did that man who can't even sing get through? He's like a copycat of Chico = no talent. He got through in the Over 25s over that decent wedding singer - they actually turned talent away to put him through (i forgot his name but he's in the over 25s section).

I know I was soo shocker about him, I bet when it came down to it thats the reason he didnt get through, cos of the guy who cant even sing

Siobhan
01-10-2007, 09:09
Well that was odd last night, with the rejected solo artists creating groups, but it did work!

I really think there just wasn't enough decent groups and they have to give it a go. I was shocked at a lot of decision that were made

tammyy2j
01-10-2007, 12:52
I was very shocked with boot camp that some of the favourites went and others who were terrible went through to the final six. I find it unfair that some of male and female contestants that didn't get through were able to form a band and audition again it was bad for the over 25s and the groups they didn't get a second chance. I really hope one of the over 25s win Louis should be happy he got them he just needs to get rid of Chico No. 2 :cheer: :cheer:

Abbie
01-10-2007, 15:03

I really think there just wasn't enough decent groups and they have to give it a go. I was shocked at a lot of decision that were madeYeh, I suppose, there was a lack of groups this year

Xx-Vicky-xX
01-10-2007, 15:06
I didn't really watch the second one on saturday but how come in that first one was there some really crap ones, the audition episodes are supposed to illiminate them rubbish ones :lol:

Abbie
01-10-2007, 15:46
Lol i know what you mean and then the editing makes it seem even worse, as in they had all the bad ones in a bunch, which probably wont of happened

Chris_2k11
01-10-2007, 17:19
The talent is very low this year

Chloe O'brien
01-10-2007, 19:49
From what I seen who got through I don't see anyone who stands out. Did the woman with the little girl or the army guy get through as they were good singers.

Abbie
01-10-2007, 22:11
From what I seen who got through I don't see anyone who stands out. Did the woman with the little girl or the army guy get through as they were good singers.

No, neither of them got through:( They got kicked out after the first round at boot camp, well one of them did, I think....

Xx-Vicky-xX
02-10-2007, 09:58
From what I seen who got through I don't see anyone who stands out.

I agree, there hasn't been anyone who i have thought Wow! i really want _______ to win this, i don't even think the auditions were that good either.

brenda1971
02-10-2007, 10:44
I thought that the Army guy would get through as they were going on about him in the Sunday Mirror.

I also cant believe that the icarus or how ever you spell it got through.

And the young lad that cries all the time

Xx-Vicky-xX
02-10-2007, 10:46
Yeah i didn't think Igro or what ever you call him, would get through

Jessie Wallace
02-10-2007, 19:29
I thought that the Army guy would get through as they were going on about him in the Sunday Mirror.

I also cant believe that the icarus or how ever you spell it got through.

And the young lad that cries all the time

Luke is that kid that cry, but i love him, i hope he makes it to the live shows, although i don't think he will as he's got Danni as his mentor, and she think's he should try again next year

*-Rooney-*
02-10-2007, 19:37
when luke sung let it be i thought he was really good, but danni just dont seem to like him does she?

[quote]
danni: I thought he was gonna fall flat on his face
simon: how would you have liked it if someone had said that to you at the age of 14

The irony of it all is she started singing and acting at a later age and she did fall flat on her face lol, shes hardly memorable, if she wasnt kylies sister no one would remember her

Jessie Wallace
02-10-2007, 20:32
That's not quite true i would remember her, she was around is my days, and i certainly remember her in Home and Away. Infact i almost prefer Danni to Kylie these days.

Chris_2k11
02-10-2007, 22:21
if she wasnt kylies sister no one would remember herexactly. :clap:

pookie1968uk
05-10-2007, 14:10
just caught up with saturdays x factor and i cannot believe that icaro got through. are they trying to create another chico? on the x factor website it says people are up in arms at the fact that the wedding singer bloke didnt go through and i must admit i thought he had a great voice. also thought the boy band they put together have got potential but the girls definitely not, they shouldnt have even been put through, too much arguing and too many strong personalities for it to work. i dont know whats happened this year but there have been some strange decisions.

SarahWakefield
07-10-2007, 19:46
Ryhdian got through .. oh my days!

He's vile!

Out first week hopefully!

pookie1968uk
07-10-2007, 20:18
Ryhdian got through .. oh my days!

He's vile!

Out first week hopefully!

he might be vile but hes got a great voice!

SarahWakefield
07-10-2007, 20:39
I don't think he has.

He hasn't got the X Factor ..He's not a Shayne or Leona!

Johnny Allen
07-10-2007, 20:50
I don't think he has.

He hasn't got the X Factor ..He's not a Shayne or Leona!

thank goodness for that we dont need another Shayne or Leona, Rhydian is different and has a great and unique voice. Hes also a born entertainer and will shine on the stage, I dont think he will win though my money's on Niki.

SarahWakefield
07-10-2007, 20:56
He's ok if your into that sort of thing.

We want a popstar from the X factor not him!

LostVoodoo
07-10-2007, 21:54
why the hell is that DRIP leon in the final?! he's not even good looking...

anyone know what Cici's criminal conviction was? oh how i laughed.

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2007, 21:58
suspended sentence? I don't think they said...:hmm:

Rhydian...Don't really like him. His voice is good, but I wouldn't say it's the best in the competion. It's just the faces he makes when he sings...:ninja:

Siobhan
07-10-2007, 22:08
missed who actually got in but from Louis group I liked the 2 dannys.. they were both good and different

DaVeyWaVey
07-10-2007, 22:16
I really like Niki so i'm glad she got through - she's one of my favourites. :)

Abigail
07-10-2007, 22:30
Who got through? I couldn't be bothered to tune in just to watch who got selected (I didn't watch Strictly for the same reason). I hope they don't do this every week otherwise I won't bother watching.

SarahWakefield
07-10-2007, 22:41
Boys:

Andy
Leon
Rhydian

Girls:

Alisha
Kimberley
Emily

Over 25's:

Beverly
Niki
Daniel

Groups:

Futureproof
Hope
Same difference

Chris_2k11
07-10-2007, 22:43
Rhydian to go first, what a headache!

Leon to win!

SarahWakefield
07-10-2007, 22:44
Rhydian to go first, what a headache!

Leon to win!

:cheer: I agree with both of them comments!

Abbie
07-10-2007, 23:11
I was really shocked about that girl who had to leave Hope, I quite liked them cos they surprised me

Chris_2k11
07-10-2007, 23:52
I was really shocked about that girl who had to leave Hope, I quite liked them cos they surprised meI heard it was cos she assaulted a Mcdonalds worker lmao :|

tammyy2j
08-10-2007, 10:34
I'm so glad with Louis's choices i hope one of them wins especially Daniel :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Xx-Vicky-xX
12-10-2007, 09:00
I'm quite glad that the guy with all the love didn't get through - i didnt see it but mum told me he didn't get through, i can't say i like it being on on sunday

Chris_2k11
13-10-2007, 17:16
No X Factor tonight :crying: :crying: :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
13-10-2007, 17:18
What??! :crying: :lol: Is it because of the rugby?

DaVeyWaVey
13-10-2007, 17:19
I actually like the Over 25s the best - they got a talented bunch there, i hope one of them wins this year - i was happy with all the decisions made in that category.

Yeah, it is because of the rugby. :)

Chloe O'brien
13-10-2007, 22:17
Ya don't want to watch the X factor, turn over to Strictly come dancing. Much more entertaining on a Saturday night.

Jessie Wallace
13-10-2007, 22:51
Watch stricly and record x-factor, then you can fast forward through the adverts and the boring singers in x-factor!! lol

pookie1968uk
14-10-2007, 18:50
if i watch the x factor at all i tape it on sky plus then fast forward through it and i can watch the hour in 15mins!!!

no1abbafan
16-10-2007, 21:18
I dont believe they are advertising tickets for the X factor tour after Christmas, we haven't even heard these guys sing live and they want the public to buy tickets to see them in concert. I don't think so.

tammyy2j
17-10-2007, 18:11
Is Louis leaving? :searchme: :searchme: :searchme:

Abigail
19-10-2007, 23:00
Hope, The X Factor's last remaining girl group, have compared themselves to the Spice Girls.

The all-female five-piece, who formed at boot camp after being rejected as solo singers, insisted that they have the same universal appeal as the reunited pop group.

Group member Raquelle Gracie told DS: "We really feel that we're similar to the Spice Girls in that we're five individual girls, yet we're all unified and we all share a love for each other… All little girls out there can identify with each one of us, because we're from such different walks of life and different places in Britain."

Her bandmate Charlie Mole added: "We all grew up listening to them – we all loved them and adored them - so being compared to them now is just an honour."

God help us if they win...

Abbie
19-10-2007, 23:37
lol I dont think they will be like the spice girls, they arent cheesy enough they are more.....well more.. I havent got a word to describe it lol

DaVeyWaVey
20-10-2007, 11:21
I don't really like the bands (Hope and Futureproof) as they were all previously solo singers and Louis just told them all to fit themselves together in a band just so they could get through - it just doesn't seem right. What about the bands who entered the competition that have been together longer and are more prepared, and get along better as a group? (there's been rumours that Hope have been arguing), i just think they should have been out of the competition when they were rejected as solo singers and the bands who were together longer and more prepared, should have had more of a chance of getting through.

DaVeyWaVey
20-10-2007, 12:16
Tonight's first live show has a theme of all the acts singing Number 1 songs. Here is what all the acts are singing tonight:

Boys:

Andy : I don't want to talk about it
Leon : Can't Buy Me Love
Rhydian : I'd Do Anything for love

Girls :

Kimberley : It's Raining Men
Alisha : Dreams
Emily : I Knew You Were Waiting for me

Over 25's :

Beverley : I Will Survive
Daniel : Heaven
Niki : Nothing Compares 2 U

Groups:

Futureproof : She's the One
Hope : Umbrella
Same Difference : Tragedy

http://www.xfactor.tv/news/article/?scid=154

Chris_2k11
20-10-2007, 16:07
Alisha : Dreams
i hope this is the Gabrielle song and not Fleetwood Mac

Niki : Nothing Compares 2 U
hard song, can she pull it off?

Futureproof : She's the Onebit boring

Hope : Umbrella:D :D :D

Same Difference : Tragedy:eek: im sure a certain member of the board will be pleased with this lol

hippychick215
20-10-2007, 17:33
I don't really like the bands (Hope and Futureproof) as they were all previously solo singers and Louis just told them all to fit themselves together in a band just so they could get through - it just doesn't seem right. What about the bands who entered the competition that have been together longer and are more prepared, and get along better as a group? (there's been rumours that Hope have been arguing), i just think they should have been out of the competition when they were rejected as solo singers and the bands who were together longer and more prepared, should have had more of a chance of getting through.

i totally agree with you on that i think its unfare. if they hadnt been put together then other bands who auditioned in the 1st place would have had a chance, its so unfare an shouldnt have been done:nono: they r gud but stil shouldnt have been done

hippychick215
20-10-2007, 17:58
oooooooooo i think i quite like futureproof :) :wub: very gud singers

Bryan
20-10-2007, 19:31
I loved Nicki's performance! And she's a brummy! Nicki to win!

Also enjoyed Daniel's performance. Futureproof were pretty good - my best mate knows one of the singers in that group :D

Abi
20-10-2007, 21:39
How cute are Same Difference?! Aww, i love them! All singers are way too mean and moody. These are the polar opposites, its sweet!

DaVeyWaVey
20-10-2007, 22:05
Was I the only person who thought Hope's performance was awful?! I can't believe the judges praised them - i thought their performance was dull and their cover of Umbrella was just plain bad!

On a positive note, i thought Niki was outstanding tonight, so was Same Difference. I thought Rhydian's performance was hilarious :lol: His hair looked ridiculous!

Johnny Allen
20-10-2007, 22:09
I love Rhydian, he's so different and a born entertainer. I hope Same Difference go tonight, there so gushing and annoying.

Pinkbanana
20-10-2007, 22:46
I love Rhydian, he's so different and a born entertainer.

I agree totally with you!:thumbsup:

I think Sharon was a cow to him tonight, which is only going to help his chances! lol

Abbie
20-10-2007, 22:53
awww I really like Kimbery, that was so dissapointing.
This opening show though overall was a dissapointment, thye picked some rubbish songs

CrazyLea
20-10-2007, 23:05
I thought the best tonight was Niki or Rhydian! Both great performances!!! I was sooo sad to see Kymberly go! I love her, she's so sweet!! I agree with you Abi about Same Difference!! They're so cute!!

Thought the worst was Leon. Wish he went!

DaVeyWaVey
20-10-2007, 23:06
Kimberley looked gutted that she was voted out! :( I think the judges made the right decision though. Rhydian and Niki were great tonight, and Andy lives near me so i'll be supporting him all the way!

LostVoodoo
21-10-2007, 10:37
Was I the only person who thought Hope's performance was awful?! I can't believe the judges praised them - i thought their performance was dull and their cover of Umbrella was just plain bad!

no, same here! i was like "what's this drippy bit of weak slush, i though these were supposed to be a sexy, ballsy girls". and i can't be doing with that annoying little tart who's constantly throwing herself at Simon.

Kimberly should have stayed, there were too many boring ballads last night, and came out with a right showstopper and gave it her all. Rhydian was great too, when the crowd started throwing roses i could not stop laughing! :lol:

no1abbafan
21-10-2007, 12:16
Sharon O was totallly out of order not voting, if it had been a tie then the phone vote would have come into play and the result would have been different. Have to say I didn't really enjoy Kimberley's performance, her singing wasn't great but the "stage show" was excellent, well done to Brian on that one. I feel Sharon let down her acts tonight, throwing a hissy fit like than.

Bryan
21-10-2007, 12:19
I can't believe that the Leon survived, his performance was abismal! I'm glad Kimberley went, but did feel as though she didnt deserve to go first. She was just annoying, all my friends predicted she'd be first off from the moment Sharon told her she was in the final 12.

On another note how amazing was Leona's performance of Bleeding Love? I've heard it a lot, but that live performance sent shivers down my spine, she has an amazing voice. :bow:

Chris_2k11
21-10-2007, 19:33
Absolutely stunning performance from Leona last night, one of the best i've ever seen - no exaggeration. She put this years contestants to shame, no one is even in the same league as this girl!

I thought most of them were all fairly poor last night, not sure whether it was just cos it was the first show or what but they were all distinctly average imo. Best was probably Rhydian and i'm not even a fan. My fave was originally Leon but i'm not so sure now after last night, Dannii picked a terrible song for him. Same with Alisha, good singer but I thought she murdered Dreams - bad choice of song by Sharon. Hope's version of Umbrella was OK but I was expecting more. As for Kimberley, no way did she deserve to go first - that should have been Same Difference, they are a total joke. Louis was right about what he said on Xtra Factor, fit for Butlins only :p They're a nice pair don't get me wrong but lets be honest they've got no chance of winning this.

Chloe O'brien
21-10-2007, 21:39
I only washed the show today and was disapointed with Leon's performance he should never have tried to sing a beatle song like frank sinatra totally did not work. Let's hoep he improves by next week as I am rooting for the wee scots lad. I had my sister on the phone last night moaning how much she hated Rydian but as Danni says he's like Marmite you either love him or hate him. Me I loved him his Billy Idol look and performance was spot on and I think the only reason Sharon said those comments to him was that she didn't want to admit he was one of the best performers of the night. Whatever you think of the Riddler you can't deny he can't sing. The same goes for Same Difference yes they're cheesy and quiet annoying with their constant grinning but as Simon said they like something out of HSM and the biggest audience is from young people and they are the ones who are voting.

Perdita
22-10-2007, 07:55
I am getting fed up with seeing most of the contestants crying and sharing their sob stories, are they after the sympathy votes? :wall: I would love for someone to say: I am here for the experience, don't care much whether I win or not, just want to have some fun and a good time :thumbsup: Can't see this happening though, mind.:nono:

tammyy2j
22-10-2007, 12:36
Sharon was unfair to her acts she should have voted.

Rhyidan and Nikki were the best by far.

Hope were the worst they did an awful version of Umbrella they should have been in the bottom two and gone home.

Leona was brillant i love her song :cheer: :cheer:

BTW is Mrs O now gone and is Chris Moyles the new judge?

Chloe O'brien
22-10-2007, 21:54
As much as I like Sharon. Her comments towards Rydian were uncalled for she said nothing about his singing or perfomance. Fine she may not like him but she seemed to have forgotten that she was the one who was responsible for letting Chico into the competition 2 years ago.

CrazyLea
22-10-2007, 22:00
BTW is Mrs O now gone and is Chris Moyles the new judge?
I was listening to Radio 1 earlier, and on the newsbeat, apparantly her spokespeople said that she will definately be back next week. But we'll see. I think it was a publicity stunt (so do the Radio 1 guys lol).

tammyy2j
23-10-2007, 13:47
As much as I like Sharon. Her comments towards Rydian were uncalled for she said nothing about his singing or perfomance. Fine she may not like him but she seemed to have forgotten that she was the one who was responsible for letting Chico into the competition 2 years ago.

Yes and at least Rhydian can sing not like Chico

Perdita
24-10-2007, 06:53
Sharon was on the Paul O'Grady show last night and said she had not heard from anyone at ITV whether she could come back or not but Paul said he was going with her to give her morale support :cheer: Also Louis apparently sent a fax asking her to come back to the show. :clap: My bet is that she will be back.:)

Katy
24-10-2007, 10:14
I think she will be back. You never now with these things. I hope she comes back.

My favourites is Nicki and Daniel. I think Kimberley deserved to go to be honest it wasnt that gooder performance.

DaVeyWaVey
24-10-2007, 17:57
As much as i thought Sharon's remarks to Rhydian were out of order on Saturday, i hope she does come back. For me, the show wouldn't be the same without her.

Chloe O'brien
25-10-2007, 10:18
The X-factor wouldn't be the same without the judges throwing a hissy fit. It's all panto stuff and the contestants just need to concentrate on their singing and let the judges throw tantrums to their hearts content, we are only at week 1 there will be a lot more to come.

tammyy2j
25-10-2007, 10:44
Hope are bloody hopeless i hope they do go out next.

Yes i agree the show wouldn't be the same without Sharon or any of the Judges.

Chris_2k11
25-10-2007, 15:34
This Saturday's songs:

Alisha Aretha Frankling - Say A Little Prayer
Emily Britney Spears - Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman

Andy Bee Gees - Staying Alive
Leon Michael Buble - Home
Rhydian Phantom Of The Opera

Daniel Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Bev Whitney - I Have Nothing
Niki Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

Same Difference High School Musical - Breaking Free
Futureproof Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Hope Missy Elliot & Co - Lady Marmalade

DaVeyWaVey
25-10-2007, 15:48
Can't wait to see Rhydian do Phantom Of The Opera. :lol:

Have to agree with Tammy too that Hope are hopeless! The song choice of Lady Marmalade will give them another chance to show off their flesh opposed to their "vocal talent"

tammyy2j
25-10-2007, 16:10
The song choice of Lady Marmalade will give them another chance to show off their flesh opposed to their "vocal talent"

Yes they will probably wear as little as possible

xXxJessxXx
25-10-2007, 16:20
Its all just a publicity stunt.

As much as i somewhat like Sharon, if this is how she is goign to behave after only the first week of live shows then i hope she doesnt come back. Her two remaining acts dont need to her their mentor calling everyone's bluff saying she'll leave then actually not going through with it. They need some one who will actually support them and who will be there through out the competition.

I do think its harsh making them vote a contestant off when both of them are your own acts but on saturday night she's there to judge more than mentor so should have made a desicion. Simon even voted his own act off before knowing they were the weaker act, its how it should be. She definatly had the worst group on saturday and should have focused more about trying to make them better and giving advise rather than backing out at the last minute refusing to vote. She should tackle the situation before it got out of control rather than when her two acts were in the bottom 2.

Its only a competition and i think she's just embaressed that she hasnt won yet in three years and she's probably also worried in case newbie Danni beats her this year too lol, and because their are four judges now, she can refuse to vote becuase with 3 judges left they can get a clear answer without having to go to the viewers vote which producers dont want because it doesnt create drama and arguments. Its all to help the rating go up

megan999
25-10-2007, 17:44
This Saturday's songs:

IMO this song for Emily is quite appropriate :)
Niki's song should be good - she is able to put alot of emotion into her singing
Rhydian's one should be brill - he is such a show-off:D
Futureproof's song will send me to sleep. IMO they can't sing together
Hope's one should be good but they are a bit tarty IMO
My cousin said Same Difference should sing HighSchoolMusical - What I've been looking for. I have to say that after listening to it, I agree.

pookie1968uk
26-10-2007, 10:11
i think it has all been a fix the way both groups have been put together anyway and on the episodes i have seen hope were very average and still put through. then simon was given the groups and hes a sucker for girls skimpily dressed so they were always going to do well after that!!

Abbie
26-10-2007, 15:27
This Saturday's songs:

Good songs this week and can I just say, great songs for the groups :cheer:

LostVoodoo
26-10-2007, 18:13

omg, the poor thing, why do they make her sing such dross?!

cant wait to see Rhydian!

Abigail
26-10-2007, 19:39
Sisi Jghalef tried to kill herself last weekend after struggling to cope with being booted off The X Factor.

The 22-year-old was a member of girl group Hope, but she was axed after show producers discovered that she had failed to complete a community service order.

"Once my X Factor dream was shattered I plunged into a bottomless pit of total depression and worthlessness," Sisi told The People. "On the outside I still tried to be the same bubbly Sisi going out clubbing and being the life and soul of the party but inside I was falling apart."

"One night I sat in my bedroom watching over and over re-runs of the wonderful moment I'd been told I'd made the final," she continued. "It was everything I'd ever wanted and worked towards. I laid on my bed crying my eyes out and sobbing uncontrollably knowing it was never going to happen.

"I stumbled into the bathroom to wash away the tears and saw a bottle of paracetamol on the cabinet. I unscrewed the cap and emptied the bottle into my quivering palm - some spilling on the floor as I was shaking so much. I can't remember how many there were and just swallowed them with a gulp of water as I stared back at my swollen face in the mirror."

Jghalef was rescued by her mother, who discovered what her daughter had tried to do in time. She stuck her fingers down Sisi's throat, forcing her to bring the tablets back up.

"Since my overdose I've managed to pull myself together thanks to my friends and family," Sisi added. "The only reason I'm talking about this is to warn other young people and parents about the pressure put on contestants on such high-profile shows."

Abigail
26-10-2007, 19:42
Sharon Osbourne has admitted that she made a big mistake by walking out of The X Factor on Saturday night, and has revealed that she has not been asked back by ITV.

The TV show judge declared "I'm out - gone!" live on the programme after two out of three of her acts were in the bottom two and she was called upon to help choose which one to send home.

Osbourne, who reportedly argued with co-judge Dannii Minogue before the show, has now admitted that she was wrong to storm off.

During an interview on Paul O'Grady's Channel 4 show, she explained: "I had just had it up to here. I thought 'I'm not going to take anymore'.

"I have made mistakes. I made one on Saturday ... I can't apologise for being me.

"I don't know if ITV want me back. I want to go back to take care of my girls but I've not heard from anyone. I'll pay for the call."

O'Grady then made a plea for Osbourne to be allowed back on the X Factor, saying: "You've got to go back or there's no show. You're the cog in the show.

"If you're watching can anyone do the courtesy of picking up the telephone?

Osbourne is returning to 'The X Factor'
Sharon Osbourne has agreed to return to The X Factor for tomorrow night's live show after she apologised and held a two-hour meeting with Simon Cowell.

The show judge announced that she had quit the show last weekend after two of her three acts found themselves in the bottom two to be voted off.

She since revealed that she had made a big mistake in walking off the programme, but admitted that she was not sure if ITV would take her back because they had not contacted her.

But after reportedly calling Simon Cowell to apologise, Osbourne held a meeting with him, as well as executive producer Richard Holloway, at a London hotel to discuss their issues.

A show insider told The Mirror: "They had a meeting and it went well. Everyone got to have their say."

Sharon was expected to attend a sound check at the show's Wembley studios yesterday.

A spokeswoman revealed: "We're fully expecting Sharon to be at the studio on Saturday."

DaVeyWaVey
26-10-2007, 19:55
I'm glad Sharon will be back - imagine if her 2 acts (Alisha and Emily) are in the bottom 2 in tomorrow's show though - i bet she'll fly off the handle! :lol:

Abbie
26-10-2007, 19:59
Yay Im so glad she is back and Dave I hope that deosnt happen it would be dreadful plus I like emily and alisha

Chloe O'brien
27-10-2007, 01:21
I hope Ryiadan brings the house down with his verison of Phantom of the Opera. He has to stay in the competition.

DaVeyWaVey
27-10-2007, 20:12
My opinions on tonight's performances with ratings.

Hope - Lady Marmalade - 4/10 - a near average performance from them tonight. Better than last week's performance in my opinion but that may be because they sang a better song choice this week (in my opinion of course).

Leon - Home - 7/10 Rather good but not that memorable.

Beverley - I Have Nothing - 10/10 Fantastic! Loved her performance tonight. Her performance tonight was a lot more natural and she sang the song to perfection. A huge improvement from her performance last week.

Alisha - Say A Little Prayer - 2/10 Boring for me. She doesn't show much expression in her performance. Her singing just seemed rather bland.

Same Difference - Breaking Free - 8/10 - I surprisingly liked this performance! It was upbeat and lively, they sing well and they looked like they were having fun! They come across as being cheesy but they are a very original act in my opinion, compared to the rest of the acts in the competition.

Daniel - Build Me Up Buttercup - 2/10 I didn't like this at all. He didn't show anything in this performance. I found it rather bland. I didn't think he projected his voice enough - but that's just my opinion. I predict he will be leaving tonight.

Rydian - The Phantom Of The Opera - 10/10 Exceptional! This guy has an amazing talent. I hope he goes all the way.

Emily - I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman - 3/10 - I didn't think her performance was anything special tonight, but she must be under a lot of pressure what with her school work being on her shoulders too. She made a good effort.

FutureProof - If You Dont Know Me By Now - 5/10 Rather average, i thought. I don't think they fit together that well as a band though in my opinion.

Andy - Stayin' Alive - 8/10 I enjoyed this. It was something different and i thought he pulled the performance off very well. And he's from near whooop! Go Andy!

Nikki - My Heart Will Go On - 10/10 What can I say?! Just brilliant! Fantastic! This woman has a fabulous voice. Hope she goes far - i really do.

My Bottom 2 Prediction: Daniel and Alisha

Who I Think Is Going Home?: Daniel

CrazyLea
27-10-2007, 20:27
I am in love with Rhydian lol! He is just amazing! At the moment he's my favourite. Great performer! Amazing voice!

Also love Niki. She has a great voice!! My second fave.

I also like Beverley. They are my 3 favourites.

Don't like Alisha - boring. Don't think Leon, Andy or Daniel were good at all. Not great singers IMO. Leon in particular! Can't stand those Hope girls, they just annoy me sooo much (as people). Hope that Leon goes. Or Hope!

Chris_2k11
27-10-2007, 22:58
Andy should of went tonight he was the worst i thought. Same Difference are doing my head in, their like a couple of cartoon characters.

DaVeyWaVey
27-10-2007, 23:02
I thought Andy was brilliant alongside Niki, Beverley and Rhydian. These are my 4 favourites and i will be supporting Andy all the way! GO ANDY!

My predictions were correct for tonight! I wasn't overly bothered that Daniel went to be honest.

Abbie
27-10-2007, 23:03
I thought it was a shame about Daniel, he has been given songs that really dont suit his voice and the tone of his voice, if it was up to me I would of picked the perfect song for him this week :)

Chris_2k11
27-10-2007, 23:04
Andy hardly put any effort into his performance I thought. No dancing, no movement, nothing. He looked as if he didn't want to be there.

Abbie
27-10-2007, 23:06
I juts thought Andy looked really nervous and frightened but he did get a lot better towards the end when the notes in the song were more powerful and longer

Abigail
27-10-2007, 23:09
Same Difference are doing my head in, their like a couple of cartoon characters.

I only saw the recap of the performances. They reminded me of Bucks Fizz doing Eurovision.

Pinkbanana
27-10-2007, 23:51
I really want Rhydian to win!!! :cheer:

I think he was in early shows edited to look bad - pantomine villian. I havent seen that much of the show, but he definitely doesnt come across as an arrogant pillock to me!

He definitely, in my opinion, has the best voice...I reckon even if he doesnt win, he will have a solid career in muscials ahead of him.

Johnny Allen
28-10-2007, 11:48
I really want Rhydian to win!!! :cheer:

I think he was in early shows edited to look bad - pantomine villian. I havent seen that much of the show, but he definitely doesnt come across as an arrogant pillock to me!

He definitely, in my opinion, has the best voice...I reckon even if he doesnt win, he will have a solid career in muscials ahead of him.

Me too, one of the few I would pay my hard earned cash to watch and listen too. A natural performer and a wonderful voice. His performance last night was risky but he just did it magnificently. So unique I want him to win he could be the dark horse of the competition. He comes across as sweet on stage after singing.

Louis is right about Same Difference them being in the competition is a joke, I cant see them selling records.

Meh
28-10-2007, 12:07
Louis is right about Same Difference them being in the competition is a joke, I cant see them selling records.

If the Cheeky Girls can do it .....

Bryan
28-10-2007, 12:40
A shame to see Daniel go, he gave a belter of a performance in week one, but last nights song was a bad choice on Louis' part.

Just goes to show that song choice is crucial, one bad performance and you could be out.

There's a lot of potentials this year: Rhydian, Hope, Nicki, Beverly, Futureproof.

I reckon Emily and Alisha's days are numbered, Sharon by far has the weakest category!

Nicki to win! :D What on earth can she sing to beat My Heart Will Go On though!?

Bad Wolf
28-10-2007, 13:15
same differerence: my opinion

anyone else think they are scarily like the brother and sister from high school musical???? there is somthing very sinister about them, be afraid people......

i also think they are going to do really well - they are very appealing to the under 13's in a high school musical way - i think they are going to get their own kids tv show

like i said be afraid.........

rhydian scares the life out of me. fair enough he can sing. him and niki are far the best out of a mediocre bunch, but where she has real class, he just looks like a pantomine villain.

hope just looked like a bunch of hookers last night and you could tell someof them were mortified about it.

anyhoo, NIKI to win!!!

Abbie
28-10-2007, 14:11
Lol I liked same difference, I love high school musical, i think it will be werid if we ever see them do a slow balad or something serious

Abi
28-10-2007, 14:49
I love Same Difference :D They're funny! I dont want them to win, but come on, this is a TV show. And they're entertaining. Therefore they should stay :p

And WHY do i like Rhydian?!?!?! I hated him during the auditions, but he was amazing. Again. Rhydian to win!!!

And please, get rid of Niki. I cant stand her. Shes sooo unoriginal. She sounded just like Celion Dion, and thats not a good thing. Its a copy-cat performance. And she couldn't even reach that top note, she just shouted it. Even i could shout to get to that note!! And she looks like shes about to cry 24/7. Get a grip woman, and lighten up!

Abbie
28-10-2007, 15:00
I still dont like Rhydian, I think hes good but I think he belongs in the west end not the X factor, but thats only my opinion

Abi
28-10-2007, 15:19
Anyone know what the theme is next week, and whose on the show?

Abbie
28-10-2007, 15:22
erm I think its Big band or something, cos they are having an orchestra

LostVoodoo
28-10-2007, 17:56
oh joy the snooze-fest that is Big Band/Swing week...you can't sing a song in the style of something written 50 years ago and suddenly you're a failure...

Abigail
28-10-2007, 19:17
I have a major gripe with X Factor. The stylists really need sacking. Last series when they did Big Band they let the guys go on stage with jeans and trainers on. It really annoyed me because Big Band is all about jazz and they should be in suits or at least a pair of smart trousers, t shirt and tie and smart shoes.

Every week the stylists come out with something totally inappropriate. Andy looked really uncomfortable last night in the hoody and jacket.

I know it's not really important but it just annoys me when the stylists don't dress the acts to suit the theme of the week.

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-10-2007, 19:30
I've not been watching it because i think they all suck, but what song did that brother/sister duo sing??

Abbie
28-10-2007, 19:50
I've not been watching it because i think they all suck, but what song did that brother/sister duo sing??

Breaking free from High school Musical :p

Chris_2k11
28-10-2007, 19:57
I've not been watching it because i think they all suck,lmao nicely put vicky :D

LostVoodoo
28-10-2007, 21:52
I have a major gripe with X Factor. The stylists really need sacking. Last series when they did Big Band they let the guys go on stage with jeans and trainers on. It really annoyed me because Big Band is all about jazz and they should be in suits or at least a pair of smart trousers, t shirt and tie and smart shoes.

Every week the stylists come out with something totally inappropriate. Andy looked really uncomfortable last night in the hoody and jacket.

I know it's not really important but it just annoys me when the stylists don't dress the acts to suit the theme of the week.

here here, i'm totally with you! and why do they dress the mature 14 year old Emily like she's 11? :rolleyes:

Siobhan
29-10-2007, 12:04
I've not been watching it because i think they all suck,

Couldn't have said it better... I really loved last year as we had Ben and Robert but they are all hopeless this year.....

Jessie Wallace
29-10-2007, 13:19
What!!! How can you say that Nicky sucks, she's got an amazing voice.

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-10-2007, 16:05
I've not been watching it because i think they all suck,

Couldn't have said it better... I really loved last year as we had Ben and Robert but they are all hopeless this year.....

I've not been watching it because i think they all suck,lmao nicely put vicky :D

It's true, there is not a single one i can say wow i want them to win, as ive said in a previous post from the end of September even after the auditions were over they still had crap people in it, i thought the audition stages were meant to illiminate rubbish singers/performers

CrazyLea
29-10-2007, 18:55
I agree with Dawn. Niki is fab. How can you say she doesn't have a great voice? And Rhydian's voice is amazing too. I admit, this years "talent" isn't nearly as good as last years, but I do believe there are 3 contenders who could do well.

*funky*monkey*
29-10-2007, 18:58
I think Same Difference are so fun and cheesy! :D Bev is amazing and Hope are like Girls Aloud I think!

tammyy2j
30-10-2007, 15:53
Axed Daniel accuses 'X Factor' of conspiracy
Tuesday, October 30 2007, 10:30 GMT

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

Axed hopeful Daniel De Bourg has claimed that he is the victim of an X Factor conspiracy after his song choice was changed just 18 hours before Saturday's live show.

De Bourg, who was eliminated from the ITV1 singing contest after failing to impress the viewers with his version of The Foundations' 'Build Me Up Buttercup', revealed that he had originally intended to sing Prince's 'When Doves Cry' on Saturday.

"Brian Friedman had my whole 'When Doves Cry' routine choreographed - he'd hired the dancers and I was going to close the show this week, and then suddenly at 12am on Saturday I was given a CD of bloody 'Build Me Up Buttercup'," he told DS.

De Bourg admitted that he's unsure who instructed him to sing 'Build Me Up Buttercup', a song that failed to capitalise on the soulful tone of his voice, but he speculated that Simon Cowell might have played a role in his downfall.

"I don't trust Simon because it's his show. I think he may have had something to do with that song choice," he alleged. "I think he's out there to protect his acts and I know that he's seen me as a threat before. Who knows where that song choice came from? But it's Simon's show - remember that. I'm not saying Simon chose it, because I don't know."

tammyy2j
30-10-2007, 15:53
'X Factor's Daniel slams 'ignorant' Osbourne
Tuesday, October 30 2007, 09:28 GMT

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

Axed X Factor hopeful Daniel De Bourg has lashed out at Sharon Osbourne, insisting that the judge "doesn't really know much" about the music business.

De Bourg, who was eliminated from the ITV1 singing contest on Saturday, admitted that he has shunned Osbourne's advice since she advised him to perform a dance routine to a downtempo rock ballad.

He told DS: "I take everything that Sharon says with a pinch of salt, because she doesn't really know much about the music industry, especially soulful music.

"After I'd performed Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars' at boot camp, she said to me: 'You're a dance teacher. Why don't you dance when you sing?' I was like, 'I just sang 'Chasing Cars'. What the hell? Do you want me to pirouette?' That's why I take everything she says with a pinch of salt."

no1abbafan
30-10-2007, 18:21
I think Daniel De Bourg had better watch his step and his mouth, Simon Cowell can open a lot of doors for him and shut them also. He was kicked out, deal with it. I think if Simon chose the song for him Louis would have spoken up on Sat. night.

Jessie Wallace
30-10-2007, 19:25
Yet another person with sour grapes symdrome. Why can't they just except that fact there not as good as they think, and that's why they didn't win!

tammyy2j
31-10-2007, 16:01
Leon's mum unhappy with Simon Cowell
Sunday, October 28 2007, 11:13 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

Leon Jackson's mother Wendy has hit back at Simon Cowell's criticism of her son's first live X Factor performance.

Wendy was furious when Cowell slated Leon's rendition of 'Can't Buy Me Love' last weekend, and she has now accused the music mogul of scheming to get rid of the competition.

"I was so proud and thought he was great. But I was really unhappy with Simon's comments that Leon didn't deserve his place in the final 12," Wendy told the Daily Star Sunday.

"Maybe it's because he's one of the favourites to win the competition and he's trying to get rid of the strong ones that aren't in his own category."

Asked what she would say to Cowell if they came face-to-face, Wendy joked: "I wouldn't say anything. I'd just punch him in the face."

LostVoodoo
31-10-2007, 17:27
"Maybe it's because he's one of the favourites to win the competition and he's trying to get rid of the strong ones that aren't in his own category."

wtf, where did she get that from?

Abbie
31-10-2007, 19:46
Fair enough that now and then we dont agree with the judges sometimes, but I hate it when people end up saying things like this, they just have to cope with it, everyone has an opinion whether we like it or not

Pinkbanana
31-10-2007, 22:19
Oh dear, she sounds as rough as a badger's erm...backside...'I'd punch him in the face' - now thats a real mature attitude to have - poor Leon!

Ofcourse she is going to think he is the best singer, but she seems totally deluded....I dont think her running her mouth off about Simon Cowell, and those above comments are going to do Leon any favours!

In my opinion he is one of the weakest ones, and I think Simon was right in what he said!

LostVoodoo
31-10-2007, 22:32
isn't Leon the one who had to go to the auditions on his own because his mum said he wouldn't get anywhere in the music biz, or am i confusing him with someone else?

Pinkbanana
31-10-2007, 22:47
isn't Leon the one who had to go to the auditions on his own because his mum said he wouldn't get anywhere in the music biz, or am i confusing him with someone else?

He did go to the audition on his own, dont know if that was the reason though.

Abigail
01-11-2007, 16:43
Graham Norton has criticised this year's X Factor contestants for not being "dazzling" enough.

The TV presenter said that the only person on the show that has impressed him so far is Niki Evans, from the over-25s category.

He told The Sun: "I quite like her. She’s OK, but the rest aren’t exactly dazzling."

Norton added: "This year’s show has not been particularly great - you’ve got 12 people who are, basically, not up to much.

"I suppose it just shows how shallow the talent pool is in Britain at the moment if that’s the best we can come up with."

Abigail
01-11-2007, 16:45
Kylie Minogue is being lined up to perform on the last X Factor show of the series with one of the final two competitors.

Last year finalist Leona Lewis sang a duet with Take That, while Ray Quinn performed a song with Westlife for their final showdown.

A source told The Sun: "Nothing is confirmed but there are talks and it's looking certain Kylie will perform."

But a duet between Kylie and her sister Dannii, who is a judge on the programme, has been ruled out. The insider added: "A sisterly duet is unlikely because Dannii's so busy with her acts, but you never know."

Abigail
02-11-2007, 12:36
X Factor finalist Emily Nakanda has been filmed attacking a teenage girl.

The 15-year-old Londoner, who is one of two remaining hopefuls in the 'Girls 14-24' category, is seen putting a blonde girl in a headlock in the mobile phone video.

Nakanda proceeds to swing the girl by her hair, before hitting her several times and pushing her to the ground.

It is not the first time that the contestant's temperament has been questioned. Earlier this week The Sun uncovered a video clip in which Nakanda threatened to gouge out a boy's eyes with a knife.

X Factor executives have launched an investigation into the incidents, with a representative telling The Sun: "We in no way condone her behaviour. Our investigations are continuing but at this time we are taking no further action."

Abigail
02-11-2007, 12:37
Sir Trevor McDonald has reportedly claimed that he would like to do a Neil Diamond impression on The X Factor.

The newsreader's wife apparently told judge Louis Walsh that he is keen to appear on the celebrity version of the show.

According to The Sun, she told Walsh: "You must have Trevor on Celebrity X Factor, he’s such a big fan."

After Walsh claimed that there wasn't going to be another series, she said: "Oh, that’s a shame -Trevor does a great Neil Diamond."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pinkbanana
02-11-2007, 12:38

The 15-year-old Londoner, who is one of two remaining hopefuls in the 'Girls 14-24' category, is seen putting a blonde girl in a headlock in the mobile phone video.

Nakanda proceeds to swing the girl by her hair, before hitting her several times and pushing her to the ground.

It is not the first time that the contestant's temperament has been questioned. Earlier this week The Sun uncovered a video clip in which Nakanda threatened to gouge out a boy's eyes with a knife.

X Factor executives have launched an investigation into the incidents, with a representative telling The Sun: "We in no way condone her behaviour. Our investigations are continuing but at this time we are taking no further action."

Oh dear, I'd kick her out...show that this kind of behaviour is not to be tolerated to all the other bullies and chavs out there!!!!

Abbie
02-11-2007, 12:40
No :eek: Not Emily!!! It cant be, she just seemed so nice

tammyy2j
02-11-2007, 14:49

She should be kicked off the show like the girl from the band Hope

StarsOfCCTV
02-11-2007, 15:56
Emily Nakanda has withdrawn from The X Factor after being filmed attacking (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a79033/x-factor-finalist-filmed-attacking-girl.html) a teenage girl.

The 15-year-old Londoner is seen putting the girl, known only as Anna, in a headlock in the mobile phone video. She then proceeds to swing her by her hair, hit her and push her to the ground.

An X Factor spokeswoman said: "In response to the stories in the papers this week regarding Emily Nakanda, we have conducted our own investigations into the matter and we can confirm that she has chosen to withdraw herself from the competition with immediate effect."

It is not the first time that Nakanda's temperament has been questioned. Earlier this week The Sun uncovered a video clip in which she threatened to gouge out a boy's eyes with a knife.

Louis Friberg, the shamed hopeful's mother, admitted that she had "no choice" but to withdraw her daughter from the competition, saying: "As a family we are heartbroken and are very disappointed with Emily's behaviour.

"Emily and all the family sincerely apologise to Anna, her school and all the fans that have supported Emily. Emily regrets her actions but there is no way, as a family, we can excuse her behaviour. Emily is very sorry to have let the show, Sharon Osbourne and the viewers down."

Nakanda's withdrawal has left Sharon Osbourne's 'Girls 14-24' category with just one remaining contestant, 23-year-old Alisha Bennett. Osbourne admitted that she is "deeply saddened by this whole situation".

An X Factor representative confirmed that Nakanda's withdrawal will not affect voting on tomorrow's show, where one contestant will still be eliminated from the competition.

CrazyLea
02-11-2007, 15:56
Wouldn't have expected Emily to do something like that :eek:. She's not that great anyway. She should be kicked off!

Lmao at Trevor McDonald!

tammyy2j
02-11-2007, 15:57
X Factor contestant booted off show following 'happy slapping' attack

Friday November 02 2007

A singer on the X Factor has pulled out after a so-called 'happy slapping' attack.

Emily Nakanda is fifteen years of age.

She was seen on mobile phone footage holding a teenage girl in a headlock and pulling her hair.

It comes days after another video emerged, in which she apparently threatened to knife a boy in the eyes.

Show judge Sharon Osbourne, who's been mentoring the youngster, says she's saddened by the situation.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/entertainment/x-factor-contestant-booted-off-show-following-happy-slapping-attack-1210102.html

DaVeyWaVey
02-11-2007, 15:59
I was shocked to hear all this about Emily - she came across as being a nice girl on the show, but i suppose it goes to show how the whole X Factor is manipulated as when we first seen her enter the competition, we were encouraged to sympathise with her as she had a near death experience.

Regarding Daniel, he seems to be extremely bitter over being voted out - get over it! And Leon's mum should cope with Simon's criticism and not get so worked up about it - it's a competition, she must realise that her son would face criticism from the judges.

And i'd love to see Trevor McDonald on the X Factor :rotfl:

CrazyLea
02-11-2007, 16:02
Awwww poor Sharon lol. Only 1 contestant left!!! And Alisha isn't a favourite having been in the bottom 2 twice already.. uh-oh.

Abbie
02-11-2007, 17:47
Im so shocked :eek: Wonder what the myspace thing will say- by the way there is a myspace X factor page

Jessie Wallace
02-11-2007, 18:10
Boys 14-24

Andy: 'This Guy's In Love' (made famous by Herb Alpert)

Leon: 'Fly Me To The Moon' (Frank Sinatra)

Rhydian: 'Get The Party Started' (Pink)

Girls 14-24

Alisha: 'Valerie' (The Zutons)

Over 25s

Beverley: 'Feelin' Good' (Nina Simone)

Niki: 'All That Jazz' (Chicago)

Groups

Futureproof: 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' (Andy Williams)

Hope: 'Hanky Panky' (Madonna)

Same Difference: 'Reach' (S Club 7)

Really not too sure about some of these choices

Abbie
02-11-2007, 18:12
yeah some of those choices are dodgey and I wish Same difference would do something serious

Chris_2k11
02-11-2007, 18:35
Rhydian: 'Get The Party Started' (Pink):confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LostVoodoo
02-11-2007, 18:40
Rhydian: 'Get The Party Started' (Pink)
i assume the Shirley Bassy version- genius! :cheer:

Alisha: 'Valerie' (The Zutons)
she wont be able to match Amy, that's brave.

Hope: 'Hanky Panky' (Madonna)

hideous! oh well, i guess they'll just wear some skimpy outfits and girate a bit :rolleyes:

CrazyLea
02-11-2007, 18:45
I loved that comment about Hope :p
guess they'll just wear some skimpy outfits and girate a bit

Abbie
02-11-2007, 20:38
You know what I think a group might win it this year

DaVeyWaVey
02-11-2007, 20:46
I think a group will win this year too...but i hope Rhydian, Andy or Niki wins! But I am beginning to think this whole talent show is a complete fix (i knew some parts were exxagerrated and manipulated already).. but I think Simon has won every year so far, and no groups have won since the X Factor started, and this year Simon gets the groups - coincidence?

CrazyLea
02-11-2007, 20:49
Simon hasn't won every year has he?? Wasn't Shayne Ward, Louis'?

Abbie
02-11-2007, 20:49
hmmm I suppose, but it would be nice for a group to win, cos that was one of the main points of the show- that groups can take part, plus the groups are quite good, and the way things are looking at the moment makes the groups look like they have a better chance of winning

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2007, 22:22
I think Sharon should be given the chance to bring in a replacement for Emily as it's not her fault that one of her acts turned out to be a little thug. Give Rhyidan to Sharon he will win hands down.

Abbie
02-11-2007, 22:23
I think Sharon should be given the chance to bring in a replacement for Emily as it's not her fault that one of her acts turned out to be a little thug. Give Rhyidan to Sharon he will win hands down.

My mum said that, but who would they bring in?

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2007, 22:27
Idon't know I didn't watch boot camp. What about the woman who had the little girl at the auditions with her or give Kimberly another go.

Chris_2k11
02-11-2007, 22:28
I say Stephanie. she deserves to come back

Abbie
02-11-2007, 22:29
you see I thought give Kimberly another go but then we would have arguments since the public gave her less votes. but then again it was down to the judges in the end

Abbie
02-11-2007, 22:29
I say Stephanie. she deserves to come back

Oh yeah she was good, if Im thinking of the right one

Abigail
02-11-2007, 22:45
X Factor finalist Emily Nakanda has withdrawn from the show after a video emerged showing her allegedly attacking a teenage girl.

The 15-year-old was seen punching and grabbing the girl by the hair in the video recorded on a mobile phone.

Emily's mentor Sharon Osbourne said she was "deeply saddened" by the situation.

Another video emerged earlier this week on YouTube showing Emily and a group of friends laughing and threatening a teenager, while one of the group held what appeared to be a weapon.

It is believed the videos were filmed before Emily entered The X Factor and have since been removed from the website.

As the youngest finalist to ever have competed on the programme, Simon Cowell said Emily "was the reason the age range was lowered".

She won over the judges with her innocent looks and Osbourne said in one episode that she had a "butter wouldn't melt" personality.

Bookie refunds

The singer also gained the sympathy of viewers by revealing that she almost died from the stomach infection peritonitis last year.

She was due to sing Bjork's It's Oh So Quiet on the next programme.

Show organisers have said that Emily's withdrawal will not affect the voting on the show this Saturday and one act will still leave the competition.

Bookmaker Ladbrokes said it would refund all bets on the teenager following her shock exit.

"We think the only fair thing to do, given the circumstances, is to void all bets on Emily regardless of the market," a Ladbrokes spokesman said.

After two acts have dropped out they must be having a week where there are no evictions otherwise there will be too few people left towards the end :confused:

Abi
03-11-2007, 11:47
I really doubt they'll bring someone back to replace her. They were planning a double "eviction" this week, so i reckon they'll just let 1 go instead of 2.

Abbie
03-11-2007, 11:50
Yeah well that will make sense then, its going to be ver werid on tonights show

Abigail
03-11-2007, 14:08
I wonder how they are going to explain her pulling out. I can't imagine they'd say that she left because everyone now knows what a bully she is and what she got upto.

Abigail
03-11-2007, 14:16
X Factor girl band Hope have decided to cover up for their performance on tonight's live show.

Raquelle Gracie, 20, revealed that the group asked producers for a break from wearing skimpy outfits - because they want viewers to focus on their singing.

"We're actually wearing some clothes at last," Raquelle told the Manchester Evening News. "It's definitely good, because we're going to show that we can all sing as opposed to showing all our bodies."

She admitted that she had to apologise to her dad for the producers' wardrobe choices, while her boyfriend Gregory has been "OK as a boyfriend can be about his girlfriend being half naked on stage".

Simon Cowell described Hope as the "best group we've ever had on The X Factor", following their performance of 'Lady Marmalade' last week. Now the pressure is on for the group to impress him again with their rendition of Madonna's 'Hanky Panky' tonight.

"That was a seriously big compliment," Raquelle explained. "We were all shocked. We just want to live up to that now and show Simon that he did the right thing saying that. It's overwhelming."

Abigail
03-11-2007, 14:19
Leon Jackson's old school has decided to organise an event to raise funds for his mother Wendy.

As X Factor producers do not pay for contestants' family members to get to the studio for the live shows each week, Wendy, who lives in West Lothian, Scotland, has been struggling with travel and accommodation costs.

Teaching assistant Pauline Tennant has organised a special screening of X Factor at the Whitburn Academy school tonight. Tickets to see the episodes on a big screen will be free, but all attendees will be asked to make a donation to Leon's mother.

"Leon's gran lives next door to us and we wanted to help out. It costs a fortune for Leon's family to travel down but he must get a tremendous boost having his mum there," Pauline told the Daily Record.

"I've met him a couple of times and I think he's a lovely lad. There's no way fame will change him. I think he's got a great chance of winning the show provided he is given the right song."

Abigail
03-11-2007, 14:23
Michelle McManus has described the current series of X Factor as "awful".

McManus, who won the second series of Pop Idol in 2003, claimed that producers have ruined the show by promoting contestants' "sob stories" and staging arguments between the four judges.

"I watched every episode of X Factor last year and voted for Leona Lewis, who I thought was unbelievable. I've even bought her single because she is fantastic," Michelle told the Daily Record.

"But I can't watch it this year. Everyone has a sob story and everything is staged between the judges. It is so affected to the point I don't believe a word that is coming out of anyone's mouth. X Factor is a caricature of itself and just awful."

Pinkbanana
03-11-2007, 14:46
Michelle McManus has described the current series of X Factor as "awful".

McManus, who won the second series of Pop Idol in 2003, claimed that producers have ruined the show by promoting contestants' "sob stories" and staging arguments between the four judges.

"I watched every episode of X Factor last year and voted for Leona Lewis, who I thought was unbelievable. I've even bought her single because she is fantastic," Michelle told the Daily Record.

"But I can't watch it this year. Everyone has a sob story and everything is staged between the judges. It is so affected to the point I don't believe a word that is coming out of anyone's mouth. X Factor is a caricature of itself and just awful."

To be honest I have to agree, about everyone having a sob story, this year. It should be about the talent and who has the X factor.....

Perdita
03-11-2007, 15:55
Same here, only talent should count, not what goes on in the private lives.

Abbie
03-11-2007, 16:02
X Factor girl band Hope have decided to cover up for their performance on tonight's live show.

Raquelle Gracie, 20, revealed that the group asked producers for a break from wearing skimpy outfits - because they want viewers to focus on their singing.

"We're actually wearing some clothes at last," Raquelle told the Manchester Evening News. "It's definitely good, because we're going to show that we can all sing as opposed to showing all our bodies."

She admitted that she had to apologise to her dad for the producers' wardrobe choices, while her boyfriend Gregory has been "OK as a boyfriend can be about his girlfriend being half naked on stage".

Simon Cowell described Hope as the "best group we've ever had on The X Factor", following their performance of 'Lady Marmalade' last week. Now the pressure is on for the group to impress him again with their rendition of Madonna's 'Hanky Panky' tonight.

"That was a seriously big compliment," Raquelle explained. "We were all shocked. We just want to live up to that now and show Simon that he did the right thing saying that. It's overwhelming."

Well thats good then, cos I do actually like these, so it will bice to see them in clothes lol

Perdita
03-11-2007, 19:59
I must be the only one who can't stand HOPE, :sick: I am sorry but they did not perform well last week nor this week, even though they wore more clothes tonight. How can you judge a group when they admit they need to wear more clothes to be taking serious?:wall: Sorry to upset a lot of people but I hope you respect my comments even if you disagree.

CrazyLea
03-11-2007, 20:01
Nah I can't stand them either :D Them as people and they can't sing that well anyway :s

Perdita
03-11-2007, 20:13
Cheers for that, CrazyLea, makes me feel a bit better, not feeling like the odd one out. :bow:

Abbie
03-11-2007, 20:14
WOW, Beverly was just amazing and that song really suits her

CrazyLea
03-11-2007, 20:15
Yeah she was reallyyyyy good. One of the best!

Rhydian and Niki still the best in my opinion.

The rest were either rubbish or okay. Leon, Andy or Hope to go please :).

Abbie
03-11-2007, 20:18
well I didnt see the rest, Ive been taping it so im going to watch it now :p

Perdita
03-11-2007, 20:58
Same (or NO) Difference must go, pleeeeeeeease, they are nauseating and cr*p) :sick: The others are not too bad, but I was not very keen on the Riddler tonight, sorry.

Abbie
03-11-2007, 21:10
By the way did they say anything at all about emily?

Perdita
03-11-2007, 21:20
I missed the very beginning of the show for ca. 3 minutes, they never mentioned her after that.:confused:

Abbie
03-11-2007, 21:26
well I watched it quickly on dvd so i needed to fast forward bits to just watch the acts

YAY Alisha is through :cheer:

Perdita
03-11-2007, 21:42
Future Proof should have stayed, (NO)HOPE should have gone! :angry: Wrong decision by the judges. :(

Abigail
03-11-2007, 22:54
Simon Cowell made the final decision about Emily Nakanda's future on The X Factor, according to The Sun today.

The 15-year-old was forced to withdraw from the programme yesterday, after a "happy slapping" video showing her assaulting another girl was leaked to the press.

The newspaper claims that several members of the production team wanted Emily to stay on the show, but Cowell insisted that it would not be appropriate.

A source explained: "Cowell told the producers that, although she is only 15 and it's a sensitive subject, she can't remain on the show. She is giving out a bad message to other teenagers who watch and may look up to her."

Abbie
03-11-2007, 22:56
Well, to be honest if she had stayed on the show, she wouldnt of got votes and she would of had bad press and hate mail and probably stuff like that

Bryan
03-11-2007, 23:49
we all know what Simon Cowell was thinking with tonight and it wasn't his head. Futureproof had potential, Hope are just a group of grubby little whores.

Pinkbanana
04-11-2007, 00:11
Hope are just a group of grubby little whores.

I think that comment is a bit harsh, BB!

Im loving Rydian at the mo, he was brilliant dressed up in his faux fur coat and sequined suit! :lol: Very showman like! :cheer:

Abigail
04-11-2007, 12:45
Rhydian Roberts is still unhappy about the way he is being treated by X Factor producers.

The singer believes that executives have changed his image to make him look like an oddball on the ITV1 reality series.

"Rhydian feels he has been stitched up by the producers and says they have orchestrated it to make him look bonkers," his singing tutor Michael Barry told the Daily Star Sunday. "He thinks producers have dyed his hair, covered him in pale make-up and dressed him up to make him stand out."

Roberts has previously complained about being set up as the show's "pantomime villain".