PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

Jojo
16-08-2007, 12:43
Is anyone watching this on FX??

I think its great - original, dark with some funny comedy-ish moments in it too.

Serial killer that works for the police - brilliant stuff....

Anyone???

willow
16-08-2007, 13:20
Yes i am watching it!!! totally fantastic!!!!

Jojo
16-08-2007, 13:22
I can't believe we are half way through the series already!!! (well, nearly at the end!)

I'm terrible and can't resist looking for spoilers lol

But the best bit - there is going to be a 2nd series :cheer:

I love the fact that Dexter is a serial killer - not for that fact in itself, but for the people that he kills if that makes sense.

His sister had his profile down to a tee last episode didn't she!

willow
16-08-2007, 13:28
i know it has gone so fast!!!

my hubby thinks he knows who the ice truck killer is!!

she had that profile spot on!! it was quite spooky!!

Jojo
16-08-2007, 13:29
I spoiled it for myself and had a search around to find out who it was :lol: I'm terrible lol

I'm surprised no one else in the force is suspicious of him though.

willow
16-08-2007, 13:31
i will have to have a look about then!! i just want to know!!! i am terrible at that!!!

tammyy2j
16-08-2007, 14:49
Yes its brillant i love this show totally original and Michael C Hall is so hot

Jojo
16-08-2007, 15:03
I've looked at all of the sypnosis and spoilers for the forthcoming episodes and have seen what happens with the Ice Truck Killer - its a good'un!!!

Its great to have something different on at the mo though isn't it!

willow
24-09-2007, 12:25
great ending, i have really enjoyed this series

roll on series 2!!!!

Bryan
11-05-2008, 19:03
seen the whole of series 1 in the past 2 days! so good, I couldn't stop watching! looking forward to season 2, apparantly Jamie Murray from Hustle is in it!

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2008, 11:57
I watch it on ITV during the week. It took a while to grow on me but it's different.

willow
12-05-2008, 12:24
i have seen all of series 2 and it is fantastic

Bryan
12-05-2008, 13:46
I watch it on ITV during the week. It took a while to grow on me but it's different.

was going to watch it on ITV1 but their marketting was rubbish for it. They had loads of coming soon ads, but then they never really told anyone when it started, so i discovered they'd already started airing it, and by then it was too late. luckily my friend has downloaded me so many american dramas for me to get my teeth into over the summer

Bryan
20-05-2008, 21:54
just finished the second series - simply amazing. one of the best television series in years. :clap:

Bryan
04-08-2008, 11:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsu2YYUozP4&feature=user

Not sure whether or not this will be as good a season as the past two. It's no longer basing itself on source material, so a lot of fans of the books aren't going to be watching this series, it's just the studios milking a cash cow. I hope they don't ruin it!

willow
04-08-2008, 12:05
i think it looks fantastic, but then agian i have never read any of the books!!

Jojo
04-08-2008, 22:50
I've never read any of the books either - just love the show though

Meh
08-01-2009, 17:50
Managed to watch all three seasons of Dexter over the past few weeks. Fantastic stuff. After Lost, it's my favourite show

tammyy2j
28-05-2009, 10:43
Dexter has found its next Big Bad.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that John Lithgow is joining the season 4 cast as Walter Simmons, an unassuming suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America’s most prolific and deadliest serial killers. When the mad man (who is dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because he always kills in threes) relocates to Miami, Dexter becomes obsessed (or inspired?) by his efficient killing methods and ability to evade capture for almost three decades. (This is the new antagonist role exec producer Sara Colleton teased back in April.)

Dexter's fourth season premieres on Sept. 27. Oh, almost forgot, bonus casting scoop: Keith Carradine is reprising his role as Deb's daddy-figure ex, F.B.I. Special Agent Frank Lundy, for multiple episodes.

Perdita
12-10-2009, 07:20
Julie Benz has revealed several teasers on the season four finale of Dexter.

The 37-year-old actress, who plays Rita on the Showtime drama, told Cinemablend that the last episode of the season "shocked the whole cast" when they read the script.

"Obviously at the beginning of the season we see Rita has it all," she said. "I mean, she has everything she’s ever wanted. She has the perfect husband, the great kids, the new baby, the dream house in the suburbs but you know, just like anything, nothing great lasts forever.

"We have an amazingly shocking ending this season. I mean, it’s so shocking that - it’s just shocking is all I can say. It shocked the whole cast."

Asked if Dexter may let her in on his killer secret, she added: "Oh! I don’t know about that. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but you know, you definitely see worlds collide; everybody’s world collides in this season."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/news/a181548/dexter-headed-for-shocking-finale.html

Meh
14-12-2009, 22:15
The ending of Dexter season 4 was just out of this world.

One of the best seasons of a show that I have ever seen. Simply brilliant.

lizann
14-12-2009, 23:45
:eek:

What lies in store for Dexter now that Rita's been murdered

Perdita
15-12-2009, 14:26
Clyde Phillips has quit his role as showrunner on Dexter.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, 24 co-executive producer Chip Johannessen has been tapped to take over from Phillips on the Showtime drama series.

Phillips said that it was a "hugely difficult decision", adding that he "had complicated feelings about it".

"I lived with the people on the show for four years that were the high point of my career. But I was missing out on my family. I need to be part of my own life, immerse into my own life," he said.

Showtime entertainment president Robert Greenblatt said of his departure: "Clyde Phillips has made an enormous contribution to the phenomenal success of Dexter for the past four years, but we know he needs to spend more time with his family on the East Coast than he spends with the Dexter family in LA.

"We reluctantly say goodbye to him at a turning point in the series, but fellow Dexter executive producers Sara Colleton and John Goldwyn have chosen a great successor - Chip Johannessen, who has been a key producer of 24 for the past two years.

"We're confident that he will bring intelligence, emotion and great storytelling to the next chapter of Dexter."

The season four finale of Dexter pulled in 2.6m viewers on Sunday, making it Showtime's most-watched original series episode ever.

From DS

Bryan
15-12-2009, 16:51
series 4 of Dexter was amazing! so tense! the final few episodes were fantastic! John Lithgow was amazing as Trinity and OMG the ending! :eek: I need more!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :thumbsup:

tammyy2j
03-06-2010, 12:08
Julia Stiles in joining for Season 5

Rita will also be back in visions for Dexter like his dad

lizann
11-06-2010, 14:25
Southland's Shawn Hatosy is also going to appear on Dexter, Entertainment Weekly reports

The 34-year-old actor reportedly will play a villain in a story arc on the Showtime series' upcoming fifth season. However, Southland fans can breathe easy: The new gig will not affect his status on the TNT cop drama, on which he plays Detective Sammy Bryant.

Hatosy will begin shooting the third season of Southland following his work on Dexter.

He joins recently announced guest star Julia Stiles, who will appear in 10 episodes when Dexter returns later this year.

lizann
16-06-2010, 15:32
Former Tudors co-star Maria Doyle Kennedy is back at Showtime, now joining the cast of another drama series, Dexter. The Irish actress-singer, who played Henry VIII’s (Jonathan Rhys Myers) first wife Catherine Aragon in the first season of The Tudors, will recur on Dexter’s upcoming 5th season as an Irish nanny Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) hires.

Perdita
18-06-2010, 14:38
Dexter's fifth season cast has been announced by Showtime.

Julie Benz, whose character Rita was killed off in the fourth season finale, is to appear in the first episode of the crime drama's new season.

Alpha Dog star Shawn Hatosy will also feature in multiple episodes as a complex character that forms a unique relationship with Dexter.

Maria Doyle Kennedy will play an Irish nanny hired to care for Dexter's son Harrison after his wife Rita's death.

The fifth season of Dexter premieres this fall on Showtime.

tammyy2j
28-06-2010, 14:59
On the heels of Julia Stiles being hired for a major role in Season 5 of Dexter, British actor Jonny Lee Miller (Dracula 2000, Mindhunters) has been added to the season's cast as well. Last seen on American TV as the lead in the TV show Eli Stone, Miller will play...well, who knows? His character, like Stiles', is being kept under wraps, but it looks like the two will have some connection to each other.

moonstorm
28-06-2010, 15:30
JONNY LEE MILLER - yes! Can't wait for this to start!

Dazzle
28-06-2010, 16:18
On the heels of Julia Stiles being hired for a major role in Season 5 of Dexter, British actor Jonny Lee Miller (Dracula 2000, Mindhunters) has been added to the season's cast as well.

I can't wait for Season 5, especially now with Jonny Lee Miller cast.

tammyy2j
14-07-2010, 12:25
Robocop is joining the Miami Metro police.

Peter Weller — who starred in the first two Robocop movies — will co-star in the upcoming season of Dexter, Showtime announced Tuesday.

The 63-year-old actor, whose TV work includes 24 and film credits include Naked Lunch and Mighty Aphrodite, will play a troubled policeman caught in an internal affairs investigation for eight episodes in Season 5.

Jonny Lee Miller, April Lee Hernandez, Shawn Hatosy and Julia Stiles are among the other guest stars previously announced for the new season of Dexter.

The serial-killer series landed seven Emmy nominations last week. Among them: outstanding drama, lead actor (Michael C. Hall) and guest actor (John Lithgow — who co-starred with Weller in the 1984 cult film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai).

Season 5 of Dexter will debut Sunday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c on Showtime.

tammyy2j
28-07-2010, 12:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

moonstorm
28-07-2010, 12:34
Wow that looks good!!!

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 13:53
Season 4 starts August 20th at 10pm on FX

tammyy2j
14-12-2010, 13:52
After nearly two years of marriage, Dexter stars Michael C. Hall, 39, and Jennifer Carpenter, 31, are divorcing. An exclusive joint statement to EW from their representatives read: “Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce.” Both reps add that the split was amicable. The couple — who met on the set of the Showtime drama, in which she plays his foster sister — married on December 31, 2008. Hall completed treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma earlier this year

Dazzle
16-12-2010, 00:29
I thoroughly enjoyed season 5 of Dexter. Johnny Lee Miller made a surprisingly sinister villain, and Michael C Hall was as good as always.

tammyy2j
03-10-2011, 14:39
Michael C Hall has said that the sixth season of Dexter will be darker.

The 40-year-old revealed that fans can expect the new season of the Showtime series to take a turn for the dark side when it returns tonight.

"The tone is different this season," Hall told TV Line. "There are some very dark things afoot in terms of the big bad - or bads - we're dealing with. So yes, it's dark; he's a serial killer! Dexter is neither shinier nor happier, I must confess."

Hall went on to speak about what excited him about the impending season.

"I'm excited about acting with the guest actors that we have, as I always am," he said. "I get to create new relationships with new characters and that's a part of what keeps it fresh and invigorating for me when returning to the show."

In September, it was reported that Hall was close to signing a new contract with the show. His current contract with the series expires after this season.

Colin Hanks, who stars as a character called Travis in the upcoming season, recently claimed that Dexter's new run will surprise long-time viewers and will do things "that the show has never done before".

Dexter premieres tonight at 9/8c on Showtime.

Abigail
06-01-2013, 14:48
I've just discovered Dexter. I'm on to series 3 now and it's a great show. I'm slightly concerned at how all of the sex scenes are graphic and last for ages, but I love the idea of a forensic expert being a serial killer. I keep dreaming that I've killed loads of people :rotfl:

Dazzle
06-01-2013, 15:32
I've just discovered Dexter. I'm on to series 3 now and it's a great show. I'm slightly concerned at how all of the sex scenes are graphic and last for ages, but I love the idea of a forensic expert being a serial killer. I keep dreaming that I've killed loads of people :rotfl:

Dexter's one of my favourites too. You've lots of good TV to look forward to in the next 4 seasons - hope you're not having killing dreams through them all though :D

Dazzle
06-01-2013, 15:32

tammyy2j
05-03-2013, 15:17
It will end after the 8th season

Abigail
05-03-2013, 18:14
I downloaded seasons 1-6, currently half way through season 3. It doesn't really grab me like House or 24, it's more a show I watch when there's nothing else on. I wish I could get excited about it, as the basic themes are right up my street, but I just can't get into it.