PDA

View Full Version : stacey thanks bullies

chance
15-05-2005, 13:05
Lacey Turner, better known as EastEnders bitch Stacey Slater, has revealed that she has school bullies to thank for her success.

The actress was the victim of bullying during a year at stage school, at the age of ten. She eventually asked her mother to be allowed to move schools, where she was able to settle in.

However, Turner has been able to use this experience to her advantage when playing Stacey.

"Being bullied was horrible - I cried a lot," Turner told the Sunday Mirror. "But what doesn't break you makes you stronger. You always draw on experiences in your life when you're acting so I thought about how those girls were bitchy with me and used it in Stacey.

"I was always the geeky one and a group of cool girls bullied me. They never hit me - it was name calling - 'You're this and you're that'."

She added, "[Stacey] is such a bitch. But I love that. I can act out all the things I'd never do myself."

di marco
15-05-2005, 14:12
i read that on ds as well

Layne
15-05-2005, 14:15
Wow, well good on Lacey, She is now a Fab Actress on One Of Britains Biggest Soaps and where are those Bullies......Excaltly!
Luv ya
layne
x x x

di marco
15-05-2005, 14:17
exactly, bet theyre not laughing now!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-05-2005, 14:20
Yeah!! Good on you Lacey!!

LUSHLOOKE69
15-05-2005, 14:55
Yeh the best form of retaliation for bullies is to get on with your life be happy and make a success of youreslf. Lacey has definately accomplished this with her role as Stacey I just hope the bullies read her interview and know they've helped her success.

Toxic
15-05-2005, 15:08
Good on Lacey! :)

Lisa321
15-05-2005, 15:44
:-) Go Lacey! She's pretty and talented so that should show those bullies.
A lot of celebrities were bullied, maybe this made them more detirmined to be who they are today. Which is great..!