PDA

View Full Version : Casualty takes a break :(

StarsOfCCTV
26-07-2007, 11:13
(on 4th August) Casualty now takes a five-week break. The next episodes will transmit on Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9 with a double-bill to kick off series 22. :(

arjaco1
26-07-2007, 21:59
WHAT?? five weeks! NOOOOOO its so unfair. they stopped doing that the last couple of years

irish eyes
27-07-2007, 13:47
The break is longer because there are no football tournaments on. If you remember last year there was a six week break during series 20 because of the world cup. Hence this series has been able to run without much disruption except for things like Live Earth and Eurovision. They are making some big changes aswell like how it is going to filmed (the same way as Holby).

no1abbafan
28-07-2007, 14:04
I will miss it, however I am pleased in a way as I will be on hols and don't always get to watch it, so now I won't miss anything. :cheer:

Katy
29-07-2007, 10:05
I'm kind of glad, i think it is good when they have a break as it means that they can really work on some good storyline and they don't seem rushed. Plus i am away on holiday so won't be able to see it, and i also like the break means we have a special episode to look after.

Jessie Wallace
04-08-2007, 22:09
They always take a break, it's nothing new really, the cast do need some time off and it's a complicated show to keep running.

Chloe O'brien
04-08-2007, 23:26
They used to have a longer break in between series, A series used to run between September through to May then they would have a three-to- four month break. Now they are only off for a month six weeks at the most.

JustJodi
04-08-2007, 23:32
(on 4th August) Casualty now takes a five-week break. The next episodes will transmit on Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9 with a double-bill to kick off series 22. :(

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH:wall: :wall: I leave to the USA Sept 4- Oct3.......:crying: :crying:

Jessie Wallace
05-08-2007, 07:07
They used to have a longer break in between series, A series used to run between September through to May then they would have a three-to- four month break. Now they are only off for a month six weeks at the most.

Yeh that's right they did, but because there are more episode's per series now, the gap has got shorter.

Jeremy
09-08-2007, 21:19
I don,t think that they should have a long break, after all Holby City doesn,t have a break so why should Casulty?

Abigail
09-08-2007, 22:09
Holby used to take a break between series' in the first few years of its production. I started off as several months but I think they just have a week now in the Autumn to mark the end and start of a series.

I suppose viewer ratings drop during the summer on the weekend with people going out more etc (although there hasn't been much cause for that lately) so it's an ideal time to take a break. But five weeks is too long in my opinion.

samantha nixon
09-08-2007, 23:29
I dont think 5 weeks is that long, as the cast need some time to rest as when they are filming they film long hours, as the holby cast film all year round unless for 2 weeks at xmas (thinks its 2 maybe 1) or unless they ask for holiday leave or whatever its called

StarsOfCCTV
30-08-2007, 17:53
Saw an advert for Casualty earlier...Looks like a great double episode :D