PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother To End in 2010

DaVeyWaVey
19-07-2007, 22:26
There will be a final all-star series of Big Brother, carrying a £1 million cash prize, in 2010, a report has claimed.

The Daily Star says producers have signed a deal to make celebrity and regular series for three more years.

All the former winners will be invited back for the last ever outing, according to the report, and will compete for the huge cash payout. It says other well-known contestants such as "Nasty" Nick Bateman may also return.

A source told the paper: "We want to create reality TV’s first ever millionaire – but they’ll have to bitch, bonk and backstab their way to get it."

Another added: "There are three more years of Big Brother to go and we want to end the run with something sensational.

"We thought it would be fun to bring together all the winners and most talked-about housemates over the years for a grand finale where the ultimate £1m prize is on offer."

A spokesman for the show commented: "The planning permission for Big Brother to remain at Elstree is in the process of being finalised."

Abigail
19-07-2007, 22:53
Finally they have come to their senses. The first series was great but the rest have gone downhill very fast. Its just a catalyst for lots of contestants to get their fifteen minutes of fame. Its long past it's sell by date in my opinion.

Katy
20-07-2007, 09:52
Three Years ! Thats a lot of big brother they can show in the meantime.

I do like the idea of a final being put on it, just think of all the weirdos that will apply.

Bryan
20-07-2007, 10:41
All good things come to and end, it will be sad to see it go, but it will only get stale after X amount of years.

Love the idea of a big all stars finale, celebrating 11 years of the best show I've ever seen. I for one will be sad to see it go :(

tammyy2j
20-07-2007, 11:18
why can't that drabble finish now?

Debs
20-07-2007, 11:32
Im a huge fan and as much as i think noooo make it better, get it back to the old days, i do think this is the best decision and to be honest its a shame they dont just make next year the last one!

It getting to predictable, the housemates know are expecting everything and its just more and more about boring wannabes.

Love the idea of the allstar on though as long as its good housemates!

Siobhan
20-07-2007, 11:39

totally agree.. way way past its sell by date

Jojo
20-07-2007, 11:59

Totally agree Tammy - another 3 years of it, which could well include another 3 Celeb *coughs* BB is too many - its too predictable now.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-07-2007, 13:24
I think it should end now do an all star one by all means but do it now not in 3 years, loads of people i know who were excited about it starting this year dn't watch it (myself included) so what is the point keeping it for 3 years they are just going to lose more and more viewers each year

Kim
20-07-2007, 18:48
Yeah; finish this series by all means, then end it next year when all can come back in. They should have realised by now that the £100,000 that they thought would be good wasn't particularly, and would probably find that the only point at which ratings were high during fake week.

I think it would be good to do an all winners for celebrity and normal though, just to provide a bit more for those that have been watching it for years and would be really sad to see it go.

Chloe O'brien
20-07-2007, 23:37
I was a huge bb fan in the early years but this year I have only watched it on eviction nights. Personally I think it started to go downhill after BB4. To me John Tickles was the best housemate ever and I still say he was robbed of the title. BB3 was the best challenge wise with the rich and poor divide going up in the house that was pure classic.

After BB3 & 4 I just felt that those who auditioned were trying to be be Helen, Bryan and jade wannabees rather than BB choosing geniune people. I know a lot of people will miss this show and it will feel strange without it being on in the summer months, but its better to finish while it still has a following rather than ratings going downhill and its pulled off air half-way through a series.

Chris_2k11
22-07-2007, 16:09
I think this is the right decision, it hasn't been the same for a while now, i've hardly even bothered with much of this series. I think its got to the point where its the same old type of characters year in year out, its all got a bit predictable if you know what I mean. My favourite series was probably 3.