PDA

View Full Version : Shane Richie To Appear In Skins

Bryan
18-07-2007, 13:11
Ex-Eastenders star Shane Richie has signed up to appear in controversial teen drama Skins.

The actor, who played Alfie Moon in the soap, will play a trendy teacher who gets too close to his college students.

A source told The Sun: "Shane is a big fan of Skins and jumped at the chance of a part — even though it’s quite a risque role. Scriptwriters are toying with the idea of him taking one of the pupils to bed. It promises to be pretty shocking stuff, but in the context of the show it’s no surprise.

“Skins is all about causing controversy by showing exactly what really goes on in the lives of today’s teens.”

A Channel 4 spokesperson confirmed Richie's involvement in the show, which returns next January to E4, but denied that his character would sleep with a pupil. "It is safe to say it will be in true Skins style," said the spokesperson. "So funny, frank and a bit naughty in equal measure."

Neil Morrissey, Harry Enfield and ex-Coronation Street star Sarah Lancashire were among the celebrities to appear in the first series.

Bryan
18-07-2007, 13:23
Great signing for the show, just shows how good Skins is, to get high profile actors joining up.

Can't wait for the Channel 4 re-runs and the DVD :D :thumbsup:

DaVeyWaVey
18-07-2007, 13:34
I'm really looking forward to seeing him in this, it'll be interesting to see how Shane Richie handles this role.

JustJodi
18-07-2007, 19:36
I wish I could get Channel 4 over here in Holland, I honestly would love to see Shane in something else, a school teacher ?? that sounds cool...:D

Bryan
18-07-2007, 20:38
I wish I could get Channel 4 over here in Holland, I honestly would love to see Shane in something else, a school teacher ?? that sounds cool...:D

Skins is my favourite show Jodi, and I'll be downloading the episodes as they air so I'll see if I can get them to you one way or another :)

JustJodi
19-07-2007, 00:56

Skins is my favourite show Jodi, and I'll be downloading the episodes as they air so I'll see if I can get them to you one way or another :)

Thats really sweet:angel: of you BB thanks very much:D

Katy
19-07-2007, 09:00
It seems good that Skins can get actors like him involved, it shows it really did hit off.

Bryan
19-07-2007, 09:39
Incase anyone hasn't seen Skins and wants to, Channel 4 will be re-running the show in a couple of weeks time, and the DVD of series 1 is coming out in September :D