PDA

View Full Version : Racism Storyline Planned

DaVeyWaVey
14-07-2007, 11:30
From Today's Sun:

EASTENDERS is to feature a race hate storyline inspired by the Celebrity Big Brother row.

Albert Square tearaway Jay will shock viewers by calling Yolande Trueman (Angela Wynter) a “black cow”.

And bad boy Sean Slater (Rob Kazinsky) has a furious run in with Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker) and refers to the Caribbean shopkeeper as “your lot”.

Show chief Diederick Santer told TV Biz: “The Celebrity Big Brother race row kicked off as I took charge of my first scripts.

“I thought it was fascinating because it showed there was a real need for a debate about race in Britain.

“BB didn’t do it particularly well so I thought it could be something EastEnders should do.

“Our stuff won’t be overly moralistic or preachy but it will tackle this serious issue head on.”

The scenes will air this summer.

inkyskin
14-07-2007, 18:15
I think it's definately a brave move to tackle such a delicate subject.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-07-2007, 18:48
I agree inkyskin and I sure do hope they handle it in a good way.

Kim
17-07-2007, 21:34
I thought it was great that they covered this tonight, and am really looking forward to seeing what happens next. If handled well, it could make people see the effect of their words upon others, I think.

JustJodi
17-07-2007, 22:22
I thought they "introduced"the story line quite well, Yolande was quite taken aback,, and Shirley was gonna tear the hide off of Jay,,lets see how all this progresses.

CrazyLea
17-07-2007, 22:25
I liked the way Shirley responded to it.

StarsOfCCTV
18-07-2007, 10:53
Good on Shirley for shouting at Jay like that!

He was totally out of order :nono:

Siobhan
18-07-2007, 10:54
Good on Shirley for shouting at Jay like that!

He was totally out of order :nono:

thought it was done well last night... this is stuff you do hear on the streets everyday and it was nice that Shirley reacted immediately... Yolande reacts was perfect, most people freeze and fail to respond when they have had a remark like that thrown at them out of the blue

fareehab4ne1
19-07-2007, 10:17
I hope this storyline shows everyone that Racism is still true today...

Red08
12-08-2007, 16:50
This makes me wonder whether Jay has got anything to do with the attack on Patrick - I know it seems too obvious but sometimes is the most obvious ones we tend to look over and forget.

Kim
13-08-2007, 00:56
Hmm, I did think he was a bit young to do it, but then again he's proved to himself to think he's older than he is. I think he also called Patrick grandad, so he could have been trying to impress his mates by showing he had the bottle to attack him, because they were there when he was racist to Yolande. He's also sprayed graffiti on The Vic and was asking Shirley for fags but wasn't very polite when she was asking for his date of birth and wouldn't give them to him when he said it was in 1991, so I think he is a definite possibility.

bakedbean
13-08-2007, 01:01
I think the person that attacked Patrick was Lucys boyfreind.

Kim
13-08-2007, 01:06
I think there's a bigger chance he did it than Jay, but obviously they want us to really think about who did it, or they would have had the attacker's identity revealed, as they did with whether Stella fell off of that roof or was pushed.

With a gun in his glove compartment and having said that everyone above the age of 25 should be dead, he definitely has more of a hate of people than Jay does. And there's still the possibility that Craig could turn out to be racist; we just don't know yet.

desire786
13-08-2007, 21:33
SOUND SLIKE AN INTERESTING STORYLINE
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO ACTUALLT HIT PATRICK...I HAVE A FEELING IT WAS CHELSEA........THE SELFISH COW ONLY EVER THINKS ABOUT HERSELF!!!
IF NOT WHEN WILL THE ATTACKER BE REVEALED?:hmm:

ALSO WHEN PATRICK WOKE UP ON MODAYS EPISODE....HE SED HE COULDNT REMEMBER I THINK HE KNOWS REALLIL....I THEN THOUGHT IT WAS CHELSEA AND MAYBE PATRICK DIDNT WANT TO UPSET DENISE?
COULD BE A POSSIBILTY