PDA

View Full Version : Order Of The Phoenix Discussion

Bryan
12-07-2007, 19:37
Okay then, so who's seen it?

Saw it today for my friends birthday, I had high hopes for this one over the others, the trailer looked so good.

I shant lie, I enjoyed it, BUT I expected a lot better from it. There would some funny lines and Helena Bonham Carter stole the film with her amazing performance as Bellatrix LeStrange - I hope she's in the final two films!

Luna
12-07-2007, 23:00
just back

loved it although they cut a lot of it out. The end scenes where amazing!!!

eeeewwww and that kiss lol what was that all about!!

CrazyLea
12-07-2007, 23:27
Who kissed :p
Won't be able to see it for a while, and I don't read the books..

Londoner
13-07-2007, 09:26
Chu (not sure of the spelling) & Harry kiss in the film, although i have not seen it yet, i am going on sunday.

but i have read the books and can't wait for the last one to come out next week :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Katy
13-07-2007, 13:01
I have not seen it yet, my mate went at half eleven lst night and really enjoyed it.

yummy_mummy
13-07-2007, 17:30
oh my god...ive just got back about half an hour ago from seeing harry potter and it is AMAZING lol...it really is that good it is by far the best installment in the harry potter films and books as well (so far)! i am really excited about the release of the knew book next week too. i would definately reccommend it to anybody i meet lol

Chloe O'brien
13-07-2007, 21:46
I'm going to see it in a couple of weeks when I'mon holiday. I'm going to buy a monthly cinema pass as there is a few films that Marley wants to see.

Kim
13-07-2007, 23:20
I might be going tomorrow, and I'm really hoping I do from what everyone has said and reading the books. Can't wait to see what Cho and Harry are like with the way they were at the end of the last film.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-07-2007, 14:33
I might be going to see it tomorrow, if my dad dosen't make any other plans! Fingers crossed because I can't stop reading reviews and everything on it! :D

#1 Eastender
15-07-2007, 19:16
oh my god i was exactly the sam lol, i kept goin on youtube to watch the trailers over and over again incase their was something new on it lol, what a freak am i lol...seriosly though i went to see on friday and i really thought it was amazing, seriously good and it was well worth goin aswel, i highly reccommend it to other people, it was quite dissappointin that alot of the storyline was missing compared to the book but if they included everything we wouldve been sat in the cinema for about 4 hours lol :-P:thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
15-07-2007, 23:07
Has anyone brought the interactive Harry and Hermione wands yet? I want one.

megan999
17-07-2007, 17:16
Went to see it today. IMO not as good as my high expectations, but what can one expect when they have to cut out hugh chunks of the book and then have to seam bits together. Imelda Stauton as Dolores Umbridge was the star of the whole film!!!:cheer: Apart from the actress not being ugly and toadlike as in the book, she was exactly as I imagined. No quiddich at all. Not enough of the Order in it, i.e. Tonks, Lupin, Madeye etc. The bit when Umbridge discovered the DA - I didn't get. In the film, it appears that the others blamed Cho for this. Any ideas? The ending was good - special effect etc. Can't wait to see it again now, ha ha ha!!! Probably when it come's out on DVD.

Kim
17-07-2007, 20:35
I saw it last night. I thought it was an excellent film considering they had 751 pages to cover. I didn't really think that much of it until the part where Harry and Dudley were by the dementors in that enclosed part.

I loved all the effects in it, especially the part in Umbridge's office where the camera focussed upon the clock, and the ending. I didn't think Umbridge found the room of requirement like that in the book, and I think they blamed her in the film because it was her that it appeared for when the staff tried to run in there. I thought they would have had the part where Dobby, I think it was, told Harry of the room of requirement. I liked the part where Filch was seen repeatedly outside the room eating sandwiches.

I loved Umbridge in it, and the way she was having Filch nail up all the educational decrees and the way Imelda played the character really helped the viewer to dislike her.

I thought the prophecy part could have been better, as they didn't show the bit of the prophecy that showed that the chosen one could have been either Harry or Neville. Belatrix killing Sirius was great, and it was really good how they showed him drifting off as appose of falling to the ground.

Loved the use of flashbacks, but I think they really should have shown more of the OWL exams than they did. The way they did it, it was as if Fred and George caused havoc over the whole lot, and I seem to recall that, in the book, there was a lot of trouble over the Divination OWL, and they sat it in Trelawney's classrooms. They missed all talk of them - including Hermione talking of Ancient Runes mistranslations, so the NEWT's aren't going to fit in too well for anyone that hasn't read the books.

Layne
18-07-2007, 18:23
Saw it today, and i really enjoyed it :) Didn't really like the ending, but i suppose they need to leave it open for the next film. Alot more darker than the other films, but i didn;t mind, and i was on the edge of my seat when they were all fighting in the ministry. Love Harry Potter :cheer:

Oh and my friend pointed it out, does Umbridge remind anyone of Stella from EE - the way she was with Harry?? Maybe ....

Jessie Wallace
18-07-2007, 19:18
I went to see it today as well, and loved it, took my mum with me and it's the first film she's not fallen asleep in for years lol

I thought i'd find Luna annyoing in it, but she wasnt so. Enjoyed Hermione thsi time round. Not enough of Tonks for my liking.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
24-07-2007, 20:09
Went to see this on the 15th... TBH I was quite dissapointed... I expected so much more when Voldy meets Harry once again after reading the book. The book's always better than the film and I seem to find my imagination much more interesting than the film when it comes to the last few chapters. Guess thats what happens when there's a big book and big bits are cut out of it..

Umbridge was well played but I expected a few more annoying 'hem hem''s! That Bellatrix is a nutter.. hate her so much that I sort of like her! Yeah there were bits changed where the room of requirement was involved but then I sort of guessed they needed to do something easier for the film so changed it a bit? I agree with you Kim, I think the OWLs and everything should have been shown, they didn't seem as stressed in the film as they were in the book and it's sort of a main part as it's all building up and most importantly that's what school's sort of about.. education and exams..

Loved the effects and is a shame there wasn't any qudditch in it... I also thought there wasn't much of Hermoine and Ron.. There might have been but I think most the character didn't get much time on screen, it's just the way it feels for me IMO.

Can't believe I didn't post this earlier, thought I did! x

Kim
24-07-2007, 22:37
Oh, the hem hem's. I read the book so long ago that I've completely forgotten about them! Now I come to think of them, I remember they were, like, in every other line in the book.

I can't say I noticed one in the whole film, they just seemed to exaggerate it when the decrees were passed, as they kept showing Filch nailing them up.

Jessie Wallace
25-07-2007, 00:22
I love the movie seen it 5 times now, and it get's better each time, and you notice more subtile things about it each time. Roll on Number 6.

Trinity
02-08-2007, 13:37
I enjoyed the film - and it kept my attention throughout, but I did keep on feeling that there were bits missed out. Harry is getting on abit though - they had better make the next 2 pronto!

Layne
02-08-2007, 22:00
I'm re reading the book and although i did throughly enjoy the film, i am now understanding how much they did miss out, like how Quidditch wasn't mentioned, and the whole 'Life Ban' thing.

Katy
03-08-2007, 11:00
I finally saw it and to be honest wasnt diapointed because i have read book 6 and read book 5 ages ago i forgot little bits that were left out. My mum really enjoyed ut altough i ain't going to the cinema with her in a while, she kept jumping out her seat and stuff highly embarrasing.

Imelda Staunton was by far the best and I liked Luna Lovegood as well, i thought she was really good.

Abigail
04-08-2007, 13:32
I saw this yesterday. I thought it was really good but it seemed a bit disjointed in the first half hour. I thought it was very rushed, the dementor attack, leaving Privet Drive, Grimmuld Place and at the ministry and it kinda didn't make sense. Apart from that it was excellent :thumbsup:

Bryan
20-10-2007, 19:42
one of my uni friends is going out with the actor that played Young Snape! She never told us until he'd left, so we couldn't get autographs! :lol:

Abigail
26-10-2007, 22:24
Thanks to Order partner RupertGrint.net, we now can report that actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) is confirmed to attend the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” press launch in London, England on November 3. Earlier we reported that actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) was also officially confirmed to attend this event.

On a related note, AOL UK has now opened a contest for UK residents to submit questions to the Trio of Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) for an upcoming interview tied to the launch of the OotP DVD on November 12. Each person (aged 18 and OLDER) who has a question asked will win a copy of the DVD. Questions must be submitted by November 1, so enter quickly via this link http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/film/send-your-questions-for-the-stars/article/20071022110309990006. Good luck! Please note once again, the UK will indeed see the the Order of the Phoenix DVD on store shelves November 12, while the US has to wait almost a whole month until the DVD arrives here on December 11.

Finally, Dan Radcliffe is scheduled to be a guest on the Parkinson television show in the UK the week of November 3, where he is scheduled to promote his new ITV film “My Boy Jack,” and possibly discuss the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” You can see a clip of Dan from this new movie via youtube.

Abigail
26-10-2007, 22:25
From leakycauldron.net

As we told you a few months back, the latest Potter film, “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” and its actors revived a number of nominations at Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards. The Scream awards, which honor “the newest and hottest in horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic genres,” aired last night and Spike TV has announced the recipients of this year’s awards, as voted by you. Actor Ralph Fiennes was awarded the “Most Vile Villan” title for his portrayal of Lord Voldemort in “Order of the Phoenix,” while the film itself nabbed top honors in the category of “Best Sequel.” Congratulations to all!