PDA

View Full Version : Ex-'Hollyoaks' actor arrested on suspicion of rape

Debs
06-07-2007, 14:12
Former Hollyoaks and EastEnders actor Devon Anderson has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

The 19-year-old actor – who played Chester's Sonny Valentine before being axed (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a46356/hollyoaks-explain-missing-characters.html) over alleged timekeeping issues and Walford's Billy Jackson earlier in his career – has spent the night in custody after a girl claimed that two men had sexually assaulted her at a house in Headingley.

The event allegedly took place after the pair met the girl in Leeds nightclub, Gatecrasher.

A source told The Mirror: "The girl got in touch with police the next morning and claimed she'd been raped at the house. Officers turned up at the front door the following morning and arrested Devon and his friend.

"Devon is very upset about it. The allegation could potentially ruin things for him. He has been out of work since Hollyoaks but had some things in the pipeline. Everything is up in the air now."

Last night, West Yorkshire police said: "Two men, aged 19 and 20, were arrested following a report of a serious sexual assault. They have been released on bail pending further inquiries."

Alison Lee, Anderson's agent, has reportedly been unable to contact him.

Chloe O'brien
08-07-2007, 00:46
Not another soap star on a suspicion of rape charge do they never learn that. I heard he got the sack from hollyoaks for his poor time-keeping. If this is true he will struggle to get any future work.

Katy
09-07-2007, 14:23
not a good start for his career, sacked and now this.

lizann
21-02-2008, 09:57
Is he dating the actress who plays his sister Sasha??

fareehab4ne1
21-02-2008, 11:13
i like this actor he was brilliant in that tv show kerching....i hope this isnt true

*-Rooney-*
21-02-2008, 20:26
I heard he got the sack because he refused to stop seeing his on screen sister sasha?

Pinkbanana
21-02-2008, 20:29
I heard he got the sack because he refused to stop seeing his on screen sister sasha?

I heard he was poor at time keeping and generally unprofessional...and had warnings prior to his 'sacking' re: this.

*-Rooney-*
21-02-2008, 20:30
just goes to show how rumours can spiral out of control

Perdita
21-02-2008, 20:38
Whatever happened, he is in big poo poo right now, work wise and in his private life :eek:

*-Rooney-*
21-02-2008, 20:40
at the same time its a shame because how many times have stars had rape cried on them, just because they are recognised. Its shocking

Perdita
21-02-2008, 20:48
But don't you think that all parties should take better care? The celebs with who they are taking back to the hotel room or wherever and the fans, they should know that the celebrity will not necessarily fall in love with them because they have sex with them and will be forgotten as soon as it is over?

*-Rooney-*
21-02-2008, 20:53
yeah i do, but i think ppl seem to forget that the soapstars cant go out and party like they used to, go out, get drunk, hook up, because being a soapstar has its consequences good and bad, especially if they want something out of you