PDA

View Full Version : DVD -RWs

megan999
06-07-2007, 12:57
How do I use DVD -RWs (Panasonic)? I hear that if you use them incorrectly you will never be able to use them again even if you use the re-format option on them. I plan to use them mainly for back-up purposes. 4.7 Gigabytes per disc. :hmm:

alan45
06-07-2007, 13:13
Personally I use DVD R disks. They are so cheap that you can afford to use them once only about 10p or less each depending on how many you buy.

Just make sure you get the correct type for your DVD recorder there are + ones and - ones

Meh
06-07-2007, 16:10
How do I use DVD -RWs (Panasonic)? I hear that if you use them incorrectly you will never be able to use them again even if you use the re-format option on them. I plan to use them mainly for back-up purposes. 4.7 Gigabytes per disc. :hmm:

Hold on? Are they actually RW or just +R (or -R). You don't have to format them at all unless you buy RW dvds which aren't worth it and are expensive.

megan999
06-07-2007, 18:32
Personally I use DVD R disks. They are so cheap that you can afford to use them once only about 10p or less each depending on how many you buy.

Just make sure you get the correct type for your DVD recorder there are + ones and - ones

Okay, once I figure out how to use my DVD - RWs then I'll just get DVD Rs instead. They sound easier to use. Thanks for your advice :)

megan999
06-07-2007, 18:34
Hold on? Are they actually RW or just +R (or -R). You don't have to format them at all unless you buy RW dvds which aren't worth it and are expensive.

They are minus RWs. I shall just get Rs in future. Thanks for your advice :)

Kim
06-07-2007, 21:27
I have +RW's, and I haven't heard of anything that you can't use them again if you format incorrectly. I've stayed away from R's so far as you have to close the disc and can only do that once.

megan999
09-07-2007, 16:30
I have +RW's, and I haven't heard of anything that you can't use them again if you format incorrectly. I've stayed away from R's so far as you have to close the disc and can only do that once.

Plus and minus..... I find it all so confusing!!! :( The ones I've got are minus.

Abigail
09-07-2007, 19:45

Plus and minus..... I find it all so confusing!!! :( The ones I've got are minus.

What is the difference between + and - ?

megan999
10-07-2007, 17:28
What is the difference between + and - ?

Some DVD players only play minus, some only play plus, and some can play both. That's all I know :confused:

Kim
10-07-2007, 21:42
The cost of your player decides which discs it will record and play back. +RW'S are more expensive than -RW's, because cheaper players like mine will only record on -RW's, and not play them back. The most expensive will record and play back +RW and -RW discs. + and - R work on the same principle.

It is the RW bit that tells you don't have to close the disc after recording and can erase the contents of the disc and use it again.