PDA

View Full Version : CD-RW's

megan999
05-07-2007, 13:05
Before I bought some CD-RWs, I thought they were supposed to work like big floppy disks. So I formatted them before use. But when I put files on it, and then try to add more files later (like a floppy disk can), it says it's write-protected. Then I have to re-format the whole thing in order to use it again. How can I get them to work like a floppy disk?? :searchme:

Meh
05-07-2007, 13:17
CD-RW - do people still use them??? I would suggest you buy a memory stick. Far more convenient.

alan45
05-07-2007, 13:18
I think the problem comes when you finalise them. You cannot add any more to them once you do that unless you reformat them

megan999
05-07-2007, 13:20
I think the problem comes when you finalise them. You cannot add any more to them once you do that unless you reformat them

What do you mean by finalise? I don't select finalise, I just use drag and drop. I've got 12 CD-RWs.

megan999
05-07-2007, 13:22
CD-RW - do people still use them??? I would suggest you buy a memory stick. Far more convenient.

I bought them over a year ago, so the guarantee has expired. I have a 8MB memory stick, but I would really like to use my existing CD-RWs first!! When all the CD-RWs can't be used anymore, then I'll buy a bigger memory stick.

Meh
05-07-2007, 13:44

I bought them over a year ago, so the guarantee has expired. I have a 8MB memory stick, but I would really like to use my existing CD-RWs first!! When all the CD-RWs can't be used anymore, then I'll buy a bigger memory stick.

you can get a 1gig memory stick for about a tenner online

megan999
06-07-2007, 12:53

you can get a 1gig memory stick for about a tenner online

Okay, I'll check it out, thanks :)

Kim
06-07-2007, 22:59
I never could figure out how to do it, but I know there is a way, because my IT teacher told me to bring some work in on one.

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-07-2007, 08:51

What do you mean by finalise? I don't select finalise, I just use drag and drop. I've got 12 CD-RWs.

I think when you press burn it automatically finalises the disk on its own

Jojo
07-07-2007, 08:56
With mine, when I used to use CD's, I used to have to tell it to finalise the disc - could depend on the programme being used. :searchme:

I find flash drives far easier :thumbsup:

pookie1968uk
07-07-2007, 10:03
yes, we got my 75yr old father in law a memory stick for his computer and he has had no problem using it at all. they are so superior to discs that i wouldnt bother using the discs either and just get a memory stick!

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2007, 10:49
I much prefer disk's, but sometimes a stick is also useful, so i do use both.

Abigail
07-07-2007, 21:50
I use CD-R and Roxio. I just put my CD in, drag and drop, click burn and away it goes. No need for anything else to be done. I only use Cds for buring pics or things that I need to keep indefinatly.

Meh
07-07-2007, 23:15
I have so much crap on various hard drives I've decided to build myself a raid-5 NAS server with 1.5 terabytes of storage.

Abigail
08-07-2007, 11:45
I have so much crap on various hard drives I've decided to build myself a raid-5 NAS server with 1.5 terabytes of storage.

Sounds interesting, glad we all know what you're on about :lol:

megan999
08-07-2007, 18:23
With mine, when I used to use CD's, I used to have to tell it to finalise the disc - could depend on the programme being used. :searchme:

I find flash drives far easier :thumbsup:

I use Nero to do all of my burning

megan999
09-07-2007, 16:28
I much prefer disk's, but sometimes a stick is also useful, so i do use both.

I've decided to use my CD-RW's as CD-R's and buy a memory stick :D