PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls announce reunion tour

Jessie Wallace
28-06-2007, 19:36
The Spice Girls have announced that they are reuniting for a world tour and a greatest hits album.

Victoria Beckham, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Geri Halliwell held a press conference at the 02 Arena in east London earlier today to unveil their comeback plans.

The pop five-piece will begin their tour in Los Angeles in December, before going on to perform in Las Vegas, New York, London, Koln, Madrid, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Cape Town and Buenos Aires.

Halliwell said: "I think for us it was about celebrating the past, enjoying each other and it's about our fans. It was the right time."

Chisholm, who had previously been opposed to the idea of a Spice Girls comeback, added: "Well, a girl's allowed to change her mind, I'll say first of all. And also, this is something that we only seriously started discussing this year.

"I think all of us had our fears and doubts but we feel like the time is right, and we want to have some fun and be together again for a little while."

The Spice Girls formed in London in 1994. Their three studio albums - 1996's Spice, 1997's Spiceworld and 2000's Forever - achieved worldwide sales of over 35 million. The pop five-piece also scored nine UK number one singles before they announced that they were taking a break in 2001.

Jojo
28-06-2007, 19:42
I tell ya what I want, what I really really really want ....

.... and thats for them to crawl back under their rocks and to never come out again!!!!

Go and have fun in private - don't subject us to you again...

alan45
28-06-2007, 19:46
I tell ya what I want, what I really really really want ....

.... and thats for them to crawl back under their rocks and to never come out again!!!!

Go and have fun in private - don't subject us to you again...
LOL

What a waste of space. Who needs them. Who cares

Debs
28-06-2007, 19:57
ooooo must get tickets! NOT

slam it to the left ( if your having a good time,) shake it to the right LA LA LA LA

:rolleyes: why are they bothering???

Jojo
28-06-2007, 20:02

slam it to the left ( if your having a good time,) shake it to the right LA LA LA LA

Slam it to the left??? Can that be "posh" being slammed to the left into a brick wall please???? :D :lol:

Debs
28-06-2007, 20:04

Slam it to the left??? Can that be "posh" being slammed to the left into a brick wall please???? :D :lol:

:rotfl: all of them would be good! that was the only song i liked! i think i liked it, was usually drunk while dancing around adn singing to it though :rotfl:

Sam-Elle
28-06-2007, 20:13
Im happy! I love the spice girls :wub: ....dunno if i'll bother to go see them. But look at them all now together, they're more out of sync than before.

Amber
28-06-2007, 20:16
*Dares to be different* :D Well I for one am a proud fan and have already registered on their website for a chance to get tickets. I never got to see them live as a kid, and now's my chance.

It's just a shame that the media ruined the suprise :rolleyes:

Amber
28-06-2007, 20:17
Im happy! I love the spice girls :wub:
Yay! I'm not the only one :wub:

Luna
28-06-2007, 20:52
take that wanna be's that all this is!!!

didnt like them the first time and im sure i wont the second

Amber
28-06-2007, 20:56
*Doesn't particularly like Take That and didn't back then* :angel:.. *And thinks SGs are a million times better* :D

Jojo
28-06-2007, 20:59
:rotfl:

Fight, fight, fight, fight.......

Sorry - very immature - I blame my hormones.....

*goes back into the shadows*

Although I am trying to work out why any of these bands, who ever they are, want to reform all the time - have they all run out of cash or want more publicity or something??

Amber
28-06-2007, 21:02
:lol: Sorry. I'm just in a bit of a funny mood today :searchme:

The Spice Girls are certainly not in need of cash - and they say they're doing it for their fans..

Luna
28-06-2007, 21:09
*Doesn't particularly like Take That and didn't back then* :angel:.. *And thinks SGs are a million times better* :D

lol take that would win over spice girls anyday!!! just look at their reunion bet the sg's one isn't half as big!!!!!

hope no one buys their tickets
:lol:

and emz they all think they can do what tt have done......not a chancce look at e17 and all saints....yeah theres really worked out.... bet the beatles will be trying to do a come back next :rolleyes:

Jojo
28-06-2007, 21:09
:lol: Sorry. I'm just in a bit of a funny mood today :searchme:

The Spice Girls are certainly not in need of cash - and they say they're doing it for their fans..

lol that makes two of us then!! :lol: (in funny moods that is lol)

Maybe its for publicity - I don't know....I just never understand why to be honest.

Chloe O'brien
28-06-2007, 21:15
Of course they're doing it for the fans, all four of them. Nothing to do with the fact that Mel C is the only one who successfully acheived a half decent singing career when they split. And now with Mel B and Gerri being single parents and Emma B about to give birth her career has gone south. They are all desparate for the money.

no1abbafan
28-06-2007, 21:16
Apparently they are doing it so their kids know what they used to do, VB says she wants to be the cool one in the family now, personally I think it's because she is going stateside and is afraid we will forget her. :wall: :wall: No such luck - anybody seen the pictures in the papers, she looks like an inflatible doll, know where Brooklyn lost his footballs now.:cheer: :cheer:

Abi
28-06-2007, 21:24
The Spice Girls were so my era. Now all i need is Steps and S Club 7 to reunite, and thats all of them :p Point being, those bands are great when your 8. But all their fans are far from 8 now!!

Amber
28-06-2007, 21:30
The Spice Girls were so my era. Now all i need is Steps and S Club 7 to reunite, and thats all of them :p Point being, those bands are great when your 8. But all their fans are far from 8 now!!
Please, not Steps. Anything but that!

Luna
28-06-2007, 21:46
Please, not Steps. Anything but that!

oh i have to agree with you on that on.........:moonie:

oh and abi i thought you would have had better taste....s club...tut tut :nono:

alan45
28-06-2007, 21:48
Of course they're doing it for the fans, all four of them. Nothing to do with the fact that Mel C is the only one who successfully acheived a half decent singing career when they split. And now with Mel B and Gerri being single parents and Emma B about to give birth her career has gone south. They are all desparate for the money. Posh's singing career was hardly a roaring success either. They were crap are crap and always will be crap. VB better not stan behind the microphone stand or else her four fans wont be able to see her pout. The clothes horse really doesnt need the money does she?????????

Luna
28-06-2007, 21:50
Of course they're doing it for the fans, all four of them. Nothing to do with the fact that Mel C is the only one who successfully acheived a half decent singing career when they split. And now with Mel B and Gerri being single parents and Emma B about to give birth her career has gone south. They are all desparate for the money. Posh's singing career was hardly a roaring success either. They were crap are crap and always will be crap. VB better not stan behind the microphone stand or else her four fans wont be able to see her pout. The clothes horse really doesnt need the money does she?????????

no but since the americans are smart and are ignoring her what eles has she got to do????

DaVeyWaVey
28-06-2007, 22:02
Ahh i remember quite liking the Spice Girls...:o

"Tell me what you want, what you really really want, so tell me what you want, what you really really want, i wanna uh! i wanna uh! i wanna zig a zig ah...." Ok i'll stop now...:o

pookie1968uk
28-06-2007, 22:34
this screams of them all needing a bit of publicity. VB especially is never happy unless she can find something to keep her in the public eye and the media!

Pinkbanana
28-06-2007, 23:01
I have a friend who is really excited about them getting back together and this tour! Erm, me personally not sooo excited (I was heavily traumatised and needed years of therapy, after seeing Spice world - the movie :o ). I think they've had their time, and should leave it now.:p

Bryan
29-06-2007, 10:00
woooo on the Spice Girls, it's like my childhood recaptured :lol:

I'd have seen them if they were in Brum. Best of luck to them, its just a bit of fun - which is lacking in this world at the moment. Lighten up and let the girls have their five seconds of fame.

About VB, how stuck up was she at that conference!? She thought she was better than all that, pouting like no-ones buisness, and giving everyone dirty looks. :thumbsdow

Meh
29-06-2007, 10:07
My little finger has more talent than VB. If she hadn't married DB then she would be a Z list now.

alan45
29-06-2007, 12:45
My little finger has more talent than VB. If she hadn't married DB then she would be a Z list now.Your little finger is fatter than Mrs Beckhams waist.:rotfl:

megan999
29-06-2007, 16:56
I was a massive fan of the Spice Girls years ago, and I still like listening to their CDs, but I think they missed the boat and I'm afraid their comeback will be a flop and that's what will be remembered about them. They have all changed, time has moved on. I like their music, but not them as people. :rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
29-06-2007, 17:52
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Birks_2k4/spicegirls.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Birks_2k4/spicegirls2.jpg

spot who isn't smiling, surprise surprise :D

megan999
29-06-2007, 18:42
Thanks for posting those pictures, Chris_2k7 :D

alan45
29-06-2007, 18:44
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Birks_2k4/spicegirls.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Birks_2k4/spicegirls2.jpg

spot who isn't smiling, surprise surprise :DToo much botox in the permenant pout.

Jojo
29-06-2007, 19:45
I think she looks minging! Blooming awful, far too skinny for my liking.

Amber
29-06-2007, 19:54
Something I notice that hasn't changed much is Baby Spice is still wearing platforms :D

I wanted those platform trainers she used to wear sooooooooo much :lol:.. I still do :D

Meh
29-06-2007, 20:46

Definitely had implants. She looks like she's been surgically put together

alan45
29-06-2007, 22:23

Definitely had implants. She looks like she's been surgically put togetherYes Plastic tits, botox smile, butt trimmed

In fact Ive seen more meat on a butchers apron

Chloe O'brien
30-06-2007, 00:25
How can VB think she is a role model to young people with a figure like that. I have seen 6 year olds with more meat on their bones. And as for Emma why is she wearing shoes like that at her stage in pregancy has she no sense.

Chris_2k11
30-06-2007, 00:34
I think Mel B looks the best out the lot and she's probably the one with the most weight on her.

JustJodi
30-06-2007, 11:40
I think like most bands who reform to make a come back usually FLOP,, in this case I think they will.. I thought Emma already had her baby but its obvious from the bump she hasn't.
I guess all of the "girls" have had babies now ?? So are they gonna drag the kids along on this tour ??
VB does look HORRIBLE,, as Tony said she
looks surgically put together,,The other gals look alot healthier than VB does ...

Jojo
30-06-2007, 11:49
I think Mel B looks the best out the lot and she's probably the one with the most weight on her.

I totally agree Chris - Mel B looks fantastic and she probably is the "largest" (Although none of them are particularly large)

:clap: Kath - shes been trying for a baby for so long, and then wears shoes that she could easily a) fall over in and b) cause her ankles to swell massively. Very sensible :rolleyes:

Amber
01-07-2007, 11:44
Look at what I got sent this morning:

"Thank you for registering for Spice Girls Tickets. We are so excited about being on tour again and really hope you are one of the lucky ones who get to come and see us!

Remember to keep checking www.thespicegirls.com for updates and we may even be adding other dates to the tour!

Lots of love

Emma x Geri x Mel B x Melanie C x Victoria x"

:D

alan45
01-07-2007, 12:24
Look at what I got sent this morning:

"Thank you for registering for Spice Girls Tickets. We are so excited about being on tour again and really hope you are one of the lucky ones who get to come and see us!

Remember to keep checking www.thespicegirls.com for updates and we may even be adding other dates to the tour!

Lots of love

Emma x Geri x Mel B x Melanie C x Victoria x"

:D
Which roughly translated means ''Thanks for showing an interest we really need the noney honey''

Debs
01-07-2007, 12:50
Spice Girls reunion marred by feuds?

spice Girls reunion tour organisers have become concerned that one of the singers could pull out of the concerts.

According to a report in the News of the World today, the girls have already started feuding again and are now only being put together for essential events because they cannot stand to be around each other.

The newspaper claims that Victoria Beckham has become annoyed with Geri Halliwell for making attempts to try and steal the limelight, while Melanie Brown has caused problems with poor time-keeping. The rows have also resulted in Sporty Spice Mel C demanding time alone before press conferences and interviews.

A source revealed: "There are too many egos for them to last more than a tour together. On the outside the girls are pals and everything is fantastic. But behind the scenes the Spice Girls' wars have started again - and the egos have landed.

"Away from the cameras they are niggling away at each other and all vowing to be top dog. They had pledged to be calmer and collected but it is turning into an ego fest."

alan45
01-07-2007, 13:55
Spice Girls reunion marred by feuds?

The newspaper claims that Victoria Beckham has become annoyed with Geri Halliwell for making attempts to try and steal the limelight, I can imagine the stick insect would be annoyed After all she is the ultimate self publicist

They had pledged to be calmer and collected but it is turning into an ego fest." Thats alll the So called Reunion is A money making EGOFEST for has beens

Amber
01-07-2007, 21:41
Firstly, I'd just like to apologise if this doesn't apply to you.

Am I the only one who is looking forward to this? Everyone on here seems to be so negative about it all. If Victoria was just one of the public, nobody would make such a fuss about her appearance, singing voice ect. It's only because she's gets talked about in the media alot that you find ways to pick on her. If you don't like her - sorry, hate her, why do you go on about her? Why are you so interested in her weight or whatever?

And they said their doing it for their fans - none of them need the money and Victoria doesn't need the publicity. They've also said they're doing it to show their kids what they used to do. Even if they're lying, I don't care because I know their fans are happy if they're anything like me.

Of course the papers are bound to talk about them and they're bound to make up stories. They aren't stupid - they know it'll sell more papers.

If you don't like the Spice Girls, why do you keep posting in here?! It really makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I will support the Spice Girls, regardless of any argument you put forward to me. I will always defend them, not just because I'm a fan, but because I hate it when people slag celebrities off for no reason. They haven't done anything to hurt or upset you personally, so why do it?

Ok. Rant over.

Chris_2k11
01-07-2007, 21:50
A lot of people seem to forget that they were very popular at the time. It's not like they were some crappy girl group who were here today and gone tomorrow. they were a huge success for atleast 6 years, and everyone seems to be going on like they meant nothing when they clearly did.

Jojo
01-07-2007, 22:41
Sorry, but I didn't like their music then and I still don't now. They might have been popular but not with me (just like Take That - I didn't like them and still don't like them). I haven't slagged anyone off - what I will say though, is with all the size zero fads going on with girls diets these days and with women feeling more and more pressured into looking a certain way, seeing VB the size that she is, after having 3 children, puts pressure on a lot of women, old or young.

People make a fuss because they ARE in the public eye, VB in particular. They have put themselves in the limelight, they want the publicity no matter what anyone says and therefore they have to expect to be judged both in a kind way, and in detrimental way. We all have different likes, dislikes and opinions and thats what makes us human.

Chloe O'brien
01-07-2007, 23:51
You know the world would be mighty boring place if we all had the same interest,and the one thing I love about SB is that there is a wide range of age groups who use it who have a wide range of likes and dislikes. To me the Spice girls are one of my dislikes. Although I do respect that some members are looking forward to seeing them perform again. I still they it's a publicity stunt purely for their own benefit that they are rejoining. Okay VB may not need the money but with David's move to America she needs the status she can only cling onto Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes for so long. As for Emma, Geri and Mel B well they haven't had a record deal for months and there is no sign of any television work being passed there way. The only one who can honestly say is still in the limelight is Mel C. Sorry if I have upset or angered any members but personally I would save you're money do you really want to spend £40 or £50 pound on watching five females who have to mine to songs because they sound like you're granny when they sing for real.

Meh
02-07-2007, 00:00
I can quite happily listen to the Spice Girls. Its easy to separate the music from the 'artists'. Doesn't mean I can't say VB is talentless

alan45
02-07-2007, 01:34
Firstly, I'd just like to apologise if this doesn't apply to you.This is an open forum so its up to everyone to contribute

Am I the only one who is looking forward to this? No I think there are one or two othersEveryone on here seems to be so negative about it all. If Victoria was just one of the public, nobody would make such a fuss about her appearance, singing voice ect. If she was only an ordinary member of the public no-one would have heard of herIt's only because she's gets talked about in the media alot that you find ways to pick on her. If you don't like her - sorry, hate her, why do you go on about her? Why are you so interested in her weight or whatever?She gets talked about because of her ridiculous self publicity and shameless exploitation. We talk about her because we are entitled to out opinions

And they said their doing it for their fans - none of them need the money and Victoria doesn't need the publicity. They've also said they're doing it to show their kids what they used to do. Even if they're lying, I don't care because I know their fans are happy if they're anything like me.What a load of nonsense. Of course its all about money and egos. VB thrives on publicity. Just read Hello or OK to see her botox pout every week. She is a nobody now. She craves publicity like us mere mortals need oxygen. She is a talentless has been nobody who would have been forgotten about long ago only for her husbsnd

Of course the papers are bound to talk about them and they're bound to make up stories. Supplied by the Spice Girls publicistsThey aren't stupid - they know it'll sell more papers.They will sell papers anyway

If you don't like the Spice Girls, why do you keep posting in here?! It really makes no sense to me whatsoever.Because we live in a dxemocracy where freedom of speech is a right. We dont live in Spiceworld:rolleyes:

I will support the Spice Girls, regardless of any argument you put forward to me. I will always defend them, not just because I'm a fan, but because I hate it when people slag celebrities off for no reason. They haven't done anything to hurt or upset you personally, Their ridiculous behaviour hasso why do it?Because those of us who criticise them have legitimate reasons to

Ok. Rant over.You are a fan and thats your affair but that bdoes not mean that we cannot criticise the Spice Tarts

JustJodi
02-07-2007, 10:28
Alan thank you my sweet for saying what I wanted to say yesterday about that FLASH IN THE PAN group.

alan45
02-07-2007, 11:53
Spot the ''songs'' in this old post of mine

Spice Girls Fan Wannabe Really Who Do You Think You Are If they have a concert Say You'll Be There You never know Posh could make you a Love Thing and you could become her Last Time Lover and have to leave your Mama then 2 Become 1 I think it would be Something Kinda Funny to see you Naked especially If U Can't Dance

Enjoy these hits I hope they revive your childhood memories

alan45
02-07-2007, 11:57
Ha ha I knew I had already a thread on this but I never thought of looking for it in the music forum

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=500457&postcount=1:cheer:

JustJodi
02-07-2007, 15:11
I knew i saw another blog about how some one felt about the Spice Tarts reunion tour:

http://www.niquehappy.com/blog/2007/06/29/spice-girls-reunion-yawn/

alan45
02-07-2007, 15:16
Excellent post. Guess which way I voted:rotfl:

JustJodi
02-07-2007, 15:19
Excellent post. Guess which way I voted:rotfl:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :searchme: :searchme: :searchme: LOL I know which way You voted,, probably the same way I did hee hee JJ

Pinkbanana
02-07-2007, 19:51
Firstly, I'd just like to apologise if this doesn't apply to you.This is an open forum so its up to everyone to contribute

Am I the only one who is looking forward to this? No I think there are one or two othersEveryone on here seems to be so negative about it all. If Victoria was just one of the public, nobody would make such a fuss about her appearance, singing voice ect. If she was only an ordinary member of the public no-one would have heard of herIt's only because she's gets talked about in the media alot that you find ways to pick on her. If you don't like her - sorry, hate her, why do you go on about her? Why are you so interested in her weight or whatever?She gets talked about because of her ridiculous self publicity and shameless exploitation. We talk about her because we are entitled to out opinions

And they said their doing it for their fans - none of them need the money and Victoria doesn't need the publicity. They've also said they're doing it to show their kids what they used to do. Even if they're lying, I don't care because I know their fans are happy if they're anything like me.What a load of nonsense. Of course its all about money and egos. VB thrives on publicity. Just read Hello or OK to see her botox pout every week. She is a nobody now. She craves publicity like us mere mortals need oxygen. She is a talentless has been nobody who would have been forgotten about long ago only for her husbsnd

Of course the papers are bound to talk about them and they're bound to make up stories. Supplied by the Spice Girls publicistsThey aren't stupid - they know it'll sell more papers.They will sell papers anyway

If you don't like the Spice Girls, why do you keep posting in here?! It really makes no sense to me whatsoever.Because we live in a dxemocracy where freedom of speech is a right. We dont live in Spiceworld:rolleyes:

I will support the Spice Girls, regardless of any argument you put forward to me. I will always defend them, not just because I'm a fan, but because I hate it when people slag celebrities off for no reason. They haven't done anything to hurt or upset you personally, Their ridiculous behaviour hasso why do it?Because those of us who criticise them have legitimate reasons to

Ok. Rant over.You are a fan and thats your affair but that bdoes not mean that we cannot criticise the Spice Tarts

A good post Al. Having read your response to this, and on the smoking thread, I find myself liking you more and more....:thumbsup: Though we shall have to still disagree on the ol' Enders front pertaining to its merits (or lack of them!). :p

Amber
02-07-2007, 20:02
A lot of people seem to forget that they were very popular at the time. It's not like they were some crappy girl group who were here today and gone tomorrow. they were a huge success for atleast 6 years, and everyone seems to be going on like they meant nothing when they clearly did.
Like Chris said, they were successful - that's something you just can't ignore. They were one of the first bands to dare to be different - they wore what they wanted to, made the music they wanted to - and they weren't just a group of clones. That's why people loved them.

Alot of people seem to forget how they changed the way some people were. It sounds silly but they gave me more confidence to speak up and stand up for what I believe in. It makes no sense but I can't really explain it.

And I'd like to apologise. I realise now that some of the things I said were wrong - you are entitled to your own opinions and I have to accept that not everyone likes the SGs. I need to learn to think before I speak :o

alan45
02-07-2007, 21:52
Like Chris said, they were successful - that's something you just can't ignore. They were one of the first bands to dare to be different - they wore what they wanted to, made the music they wanted to - and they weren't just a group of clones. That's why people loved them.

Alot of people seem to forget how they changed the way some people were. It sounds silly but they gave me more confidence to speak up and stand up for what I believe in. It makes no sense but I can't really explain it.

And I'd like to apologise. I realise now that some of the things I said were wrong - you are entitled to your own opinions and I have to accept that not everyone likes the SGs. I need to learn to think before I speak :o
Amber they were not different. They were solely manufactured as a response to the Boy Bands of the era. Since they split up it really shows how talentless they were. Remember you wer 6 yrs younger when they split up. You have probably matured a lot since then so will probably see them for what they are now

alan45
02-07-2007, 21:54
A good post Al. Having read your response to this, and on the smoking thread, I find myself liking you more and more....:thumbsup: Though we shall have to still disagree on the ol' Enders front pertaining to its merits (or lack of them!). :p

You never know it may work the other way round and I may convince you as to what a load of old tosh EE has become.:rotfl:

JustJodi
02-07-2007, 21:55

Amber they were not different. They were solely manufactured as a response to the Boy Bands of the era. Since they split up it really shows how talentless they were. Remember you wer 6 yrs younger when they split up. You have probably matured a lot since then so will probably see them for what they are now

Amber you couldnt have been more than 7 years old when the Spice girls came out and left,, are you sure you have not got them mixed up with some other group ???:searchme:

Amber
03-07-2007, 17:24
Amber you couldnt have been more than 7 years old when the Spice girls came out and left,, are you sure you have not got them mixed up with some other group ???:searchme:
No - the Spice Girls were the first band I actually liked.

I was 6 when I first heard about them and then they split when I was 10. It sounds like I was too young to remember, but SGs were aimed at young girls so it makes sense. I remember me and my friends would play Spice Girls at school - me and my best mate would always argue over who would be Baby Spice :p

Amber they were not different. They were solely manufactured as a response to the Boy Bands of the era. Since they split up it really shows how talentless they were.
I've always liked the SGs and I always will. Just take a look at the page on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_girls) You can't ignore their popularity and success when it says - "The success was unprecedented and drew comparisons to Beatlemania (it was dubbed "Spicemania") due to the sheer volume of interest in the group. In just seven weeks Spice had sold 1.8 million copies in Britain alone, making the Spice Girls the fastest selling British act since The Beatles."

So say what you want to me - I'm not going to stop liking them.

alan45
03-07-2007, 17:43
I've always liked the SGs and I always will. Just take a look at the page on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_girls) You can't ignore their popularity and success when it says - "The success was unprecedented and drew comparisons to Beatlemania (it was dubbed "Spicemania") due to the sheer volume of interest in the group. In just seven weeks Spice had sold 1.8 million copies in Britain alone, making the Spice Girls the fastest selling British act since The Beatles."

So say what you want to me - I'm not going to stop liking them.

That fountain of accuracy Wikipedia. No doubt the entry was made by a Spice Girls Fanatic

Abi
03-07-2007, 20:38
Spice Girls were just a bit of fun, i think. I remember the days of Junior School discos, jumping around to their songs. Talentless, probably. But fun, definately.

They're not my thing now at all, but you cant deny the fun that the Spice Girls brought with them. They tried to appeal to people like me, and probably Amber too, and they did. So hearing that they are reforming brings back that element of fun.

Now, they're different. Yes, they're after money. Yes, they just want more fame to boost their egos. But to be honest, i dont think most people really care. Its only a temporary thing anyway, then they'll sink back into nothing after their 2 UK dates.

The charts now are full of suicidal goths, talking about death, heartbreak and full of swear words. I know which one i would prefer to see young kids listening to :D

megan999
04-07-2007, 16:33
Spice Girls were just a bit of fun, i think. I remember the days of Junior School discos, jumping around to their songs. Talentless, probably. But fun, definately. The charts now are full of suicidal goths, talking about death, heartbreak and full of swear words. I know which one i would prefer to see young kids listening to :D

Hear, Hear!!! I agree with you! :D Good clean, fun, pop music is what we need. :clap:

"Let's hear it for the girls"
Girl power is back! And not just because the Spice Girls say so.........Some have said their comeback is a mistake, citing the failed reuinions of All Saints and E17. The thing is we haven't been talking about All Saints for the past 10 years, when they split, they faded from your consciousness. Since the Spice Girls imploded we've heard about them nearly every day. We can't get enough of the girls who, back in 1996, provided us with a range of role models to identify with in the shape of Scary, Posh, Sporty, Baby and Ginger. If those five with their girl-next-door looks and ordinary backgrounds could make it, so could we.

They were great role models for young girls -too busy working to be falling out of clubs, too down-to-earth to get above their station and all of them very close to their mums..........

In the 11 years since their debut performance live on GMTV there hasn't been a sniff of drugs (Kate Moss), a whiff of alcohol abuse (Amy Winehouse), or a wave of foul-mouthed slanging matches in the papers (Lily Allen).......

ARTICLE BY FIONA PHILLIPS, DAILY MIRROR, 30/6/07

alan45
04-07-2007, 17:03
They were great role models for young girls -too busy working to be falling out of clubs, too down-to-earth to get above their station and all of them

Victoria Beckham a role model:rotfl: What for??? A stick insect.

Victoria Beckham down to earth :rotfl: She is so far up herself she will soon disappear

Abi
04-07-2007, 17:25
They were great role models for young girls -too busy working to be falling out of clubs, too down-to-earth to get above their station and all of them

Victoria Beckham down to earth :rotfl: She is so far up herself she will soon disappear

Well, shes no less those things than the people who are currently in the charts.

Amy Winehouse and Lilly Allen, to name just 2.

alan45
04-07-2007, 17:44

Well, shes no less those things than the people who are currently in the charts.

Amy Winehouse and Lilly Allen, to name just 2.Ah but did I say they were role models. Of course they are not:p But Mrs Beckham sure as hell aint.:D

Maybe Im just an old cynic:cartman:

no1abbafan
04-07-2007, 22:22
Fiona Phillips is so far up VB bottom it's un-true, she fawns all over the mere mention of her or David's name, so any article she writes on Mrs Beckham or any of the other has beens is of no interest to me.

alan45
05-07-2007, 00:03
Fiona Phillips is so far up VB bottom it's un-true, she fawns all over the mere mention of her or David's name, so any article she writes on Mrs Beckham or any of the other has beens is of no interest to me.
Could this be a Lesbo Fantasy with the woman of the silicon enhanced mammaries

I think we need to know.

So much for the unbiased British Press:rolleyes:

alan45
05-07-2007, 09:07
Just for Amber http://www.myspace.com/spicegirls2007

megan999
06-07-2007, 13:28
SHE is famous for being Sensible Spice, a little boring perhaps, and the one who rarely gets embroiled in scandal. But the real EMMA BUNTON has a secret dark side — she’s just clever at keeping it out of the public eye.
The singer, who is expecting her first baby with long-term boyfriend JADE JONES in September, can list JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and footballer RIO FERDINAND among her famous conquests.
And I’m pretty sure ROBBIE WILLIAMS might have had his wicked way with her too.
He once claimed to have bedded four SPICE GIRLS — and I’m 100 per cent confident VICTORIA BECKHAM didn’t go there!
It was always rumoured that she dated Spice svengali SIMON FULLER when he managed the band, a claim both have denied.
She was steered by Fuller during her solo career and is very close to him still as the girls prepare for their reunion.
Emma has actually been the smartest of all the Spice Girls.
She has millions and is famous yet manages to lead a quiet lifestyle out of the limelight.
Even at the height of Spice mania she tended to sit at the back during group interviews and was dominated by GERI HALLIWELL, MEL B, MEL C and VICTORIA.
She always shied away from confrontation with the other girls and was devastated when any of them fell out.
And these days you rarely find her falling out of London celeb haunts such as The Ivy or the Met Bar. Neither does she court the paparazzi like some of her old bandmates.
Emma didn’t cash in by revealing all her secrets in a warts and-all autobiography and you don’t see many “at home” spreads on her in glossy mags.
It means she has the best of both worlds and is able to lead a relatively normal life without being hassled.
Emma eats out at her local Italian restaurant and drives around in an old Mercedes she was given free when the Spice Girls first made it big.
She once told me in an interview that she is so careful about her money that she just keeps it in the bank rather than investing in stocks and shares.

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2007310318,00.jpg Sexy past ... Emma's lovers, l-r, Rio Ferdinand, Jade Jones pats their bump and Justin Timberlake
Picture, far right: DAVE HOGAN

So it comes as no surprise that Cautious Spice has managed to keep her private life pretty much under wraps.
She had a fling with former N*SYNC singer Justin in 2003, when his debut album Justified had turned him into a global superstar.
But she was so discreet that it was a while before anyone cottoned on.
Once the affair was over she was asked about it on TV — and only gave the game away by turning bright red.
Before she dated Justin, she went out with Man U and England star Rio.
It was 1999 and Rio was still playing for West Ham.
Emma turned up with him to watch Mel C perform a solo gig at London’s Astoria. Rather than bowling up to the front door, they sneaked around the back just minutes before Mel went on stage so they wouldn’t be photographed together.
Emma also went with him to restaurants around the capital, but the romance fizzled out after a few months.
She was on a break from Jade. The former Damage singer is the love of her life but they were always splitting up and getting back together — just because they were so young.
A Spice insider told me yesterday: “Emma had her fair share of boyfriends whenever she wasn’t with Jade. She had no problem pulling them because she is gorgeous and lovely. She was a real flirt too.
“But she chose her men carefully, making sure they weren’t kiss-and-tell types.”
Now Emma is probably the most content Spice Girl.
A family girl who is close to her mum Pauline and brother Paul, she sold her beautiful penthouse apartment in trendy Hampstead and moved outside London.

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2007310316,00.jpg Sexy secrets ... Emma Bunton

She bought a big house, and one for her mum nearby, which is where she plans to stay when she has her baby.
A source close to Emma said: “Emma is so happy with her life right now. She is thrilled about the girls getting back together to go on tour. She always wanted that to happen and now she’s having a baby it’s the icing on the cake.”
It’s all the more special because Emma feared she would never have a child — she was diagnosed with the fertility-threatening condition endometriosis in 2004.
So it was a lovely surprise when she fell pregnant at the beginning of this year.
She said: “I’m unbelievably excited. I’ve been so worried for such a long time that I might not be able to be a mum.
“I thought, ‘I’ve been so bloody lucky in my life that maybe not getting pregnant is payback.’”
Being worth a reported £15million at 31 is more than “lucky” though — and Baby has been busy since leaving the Spice Girls, forging her own career and establishing herself as an actress.
She is by far the most successful solo Spice Girl — her debut solo album A Girl Like Me spawned the UK No1 single What Took You So Long? and Top Five hits What I Am and Take My Breath Away.
But her success was short-lived and Emma was dropped by Virgin Records in 2002.
She soon signed up to Simon Fuller’s 19 Entertainment and a new deal with Polydor to release another Top Five hit, Free Me. Her second album, Free Me, went gold but her last album, Life In Mono, limped in at No65.

But the public haven’t deserted their Baby — her 2006 Children In Need cover of Petula Clark’s Downtown peaked at No3, coinciding with her coming second on TV’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Quite the business woman, Emma’s own company Monsta Productions made £139,324 in 2005, and her next set of accounts are expected to top that thanks to Strictly Come Dancing.
And Emma will soon be Spicing up Neighbours in a London special of the Oz soap.
This occasional cameo is just Emma’s style — flirting with fame rather than pursuing it.
She was, and still is, always polite and just downright nice.
The Spice Girls are lucky to have her.

SOURCE: THE SUN ONLINE, 6/7/07

Abbie
06-07-2007, 15:51
I loved the spice girls, when they were around they were my favourite band and when I was 7 or maybe 6 I went to see them, like abi said they were a bit of fun.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-07-2007, 17:53
I used to hate the SG.. I have no idea why but I was never into thier music. I am very different as everyone in my school are screaming about the reunion haha. I do however want to go to their concert for the sake of saying I went there.. been there done that, sort of thing lol!