PDA

View Full Version : Face cream for scars on face?

megan999
19-06-2007, 18:31
I have bad acne scars on my face and was using Body Shop's Vitamin E cream on my face. Now it is SO expensive (price has gone up to about £7 for 50ml) I've switched to using Olay face cream. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a face cream for scars?
Thanks. :)

LostVoodoo
19-06-2007, 18:41
its not a face cream, but the Garnier Pure A Purifying Peel kit helps fade acne scars a bit. it won't work miracles but i'be found it helps if you stick with it.

megan999
19-06-2007, 18:51
its not a face cream, but the Garnier Pure A Purifying Peel kit helps fade acne scars a bit. it won't work miracles but i'be found it helps if you stick with it.

I've tried face masks before and they dry out my face. However, I will look out for it in the shops and if I don't find it too expensive I'll give it a try. Thanks for your advice :)

Pinkbanana
19-06-2007, 20:42
Ive heard from friends that Decleor's prolagene gel is very good for skin with flaws and imperfections such as scarring. If applied daily it helps to tone your skin's epidermis and improve the look of scarring/imperfections. The only down side is the cost....

megan999
21-06-2007, 18:06
Ive heard from friends that Decleor's prolagene gel is very good for skin with flaws and imperfections such as scarring. If applied daily it helps to tone your skin's epidermis and improve the look of scarring/imperfections. The only down side is the cost....

How much does it cost? I was unwilling to spend £7 on 50ml of the Body Shop Vitamin E cream. But do you have to use this Decleor's cream every day or just until the scarring is lessened? Thanks :)

Cornishbabe
21-06-2007, 18:29
boots and superdrug do an evenin primrose and vit e cream which is really good

megan999
21-06-2007, 18:42

What is the name of the product in Boots? I've seen the Evening primrose range in Superdrug, they are much more reasonably priced than Body Shop.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, now I have a list of products I can try, Thanks :D

Cornishbabe
21-06-2007, 19:45

What is the name of the product in Boots? I've seen the Evening primrose range in Superdrug, they are much more reasonably priced than Body Shop.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, now I have a list of products I can try, Thanks :D

Im not sure. its basically the same as teh superdrug one just more expensive

Abigail
21-06-2007, 21:30
Bio oil is really good for fading scars and stretchmarks. Its £8.95 for 60ml or £14.95 for 120ml at boots, although its much cheaper on eBay and in supermarkets. It works for me and it goes a long way too.

megan999
22-06-2007, 16:34
Bio oil is really good for fading scars and stretchmarks. Its £8.95 for 60ml or £14.95 for 120ml at boots, although its much cheaper on eBay and in supermarkets. It works for me and it goes a long way too.

Interesting, I'll have to check it out, Cheers :)

megan999
22-06-2007, 16:35

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out, Cheers :)